Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2011 1:07 AM

Nov 2007
Uhnnown said:
The moment the ED song came up, it got me.

YES! I was like, 'The last episode of Anohana and I still haven't cried' then secret base came up and I started bawling. It's like the floodgates of my eyes have been released!

MessageInTime said:
Was I the only one who thought the best part of the episode was when Yukiatsu put his arm around Jintan and said "go get her, leader"?

That's a fucking bro right there.

Uh, no. I still don't like Yukiatsu.

Anyways, great ending, but I feel that this should have been a 13-episode anime. Yeah, this ending was quite rushed, but so was the ending for Toradora (or the last few episodes of it anyways).

My favorite this season.

Jun 24, 2011 1:20 AM
Dec 2009
This is by far one of the best anime shows I have ever watched, there are no words to explain how great it is...
Jun 24, 2011 1:20 AM
Jun 2011
I thought things were getting really serious when Jintan found Menma to be missing.
Jun 24, 2011 1:47 AM

Aug 2010
tsubasalover said:
(raised the rating to 10 with this ending)

I raised from 8 to 9. I didn't cry, but yes, my eyes began to water. This anime is a masterpiece, it certainly is, everything is played amazingly, perfect seiyuu's and perfect personality's, right tone of humour, not depressing but it's absolutely touching. But just like Qashqai, there are holes in this story, which is just a shame. Nevertheless, it was a great anime.
Jun 24, 2011 1:49 AM

May 2011
Does the way menma died really have something to do with the story? we just know she died. her slipper or shoe was found in the river. knowing that the overall execution was not that great. though the story could been portrayed better. but im still satisfied with this anime. my favorite anime of this year so far.

had a feeling poppo saw the final moment's of menma. I could see it in his reaction from when they reenacted menma's last moments. i feel bad for poppo he seemed to be traumatized by that day and ordeal. he felt like he was useless all throughout this time that he could not save the menma he LOVED and CARED for. His willingness to believe in menma when jintan 1st told him about menma made me believe he was truly scarred by menma's death but i couldn't put my finger on it till episode 10.

the scene where everyone tells of their selfishness for wanting menma to go to heaven or disappear was a bit unnecessary because throughout the show it showed that they all had some type of regret about menma's death. then when they finally get the proof that she's there and that only jintan can see her tugged at their heart and emotions. they wanted menma gone but in the end they could not bear another day without menma because i believe menma was a pulling force that brought them together to be friends.

this anime was a 10/10 from me.

さようなら めんま!
Jun 24, 2011 1:56 AM

Nov 2009
Great show good ending but i wish there was at least few more episodes. So much crying in in the last episode and i loved how all could see her in the end .

I dont think there is room for a 2nd season and if they do it they will ruin it because Menma is gone and romance wasnt the main theme of this show which is the only thing they can build upon.

Im still thinking about the overall score between 9 and 10 but gonna leave it at 9/10.
Jun 24, 2011 2:02 AM

Mar 2011
The second time i cried watching anime, the first is clannad after story and then this. Great emotional ending. I give it 9
Jun 24, 2011 2:04 AM
Nov 2010
This is the first anime ever to make me cry this much, my tears could have filled a bath. Perfect finale. Great anime.

Bye, bye, Menma.

Jun 24, 2011 2:08 AM

Jan 2011
Veerlos said:
tsubasalover said:
(raised the rating to 10 with this ending)

Same here. I can imagine lots of people will do that. No forced happy ending is a rare thing to see.
Jun 24, 2011 2:09 AM

Sep 2010
BAWWWW fest.
I've been let down, but it's not like I was actually expecting it to end well from the beginning.
Jun 24, 2011 2:33 AM

Oct 2010
At the end of the last episode I thought that Jintan/Yukiatsu's reactions to Menma not disappearing would have caused Menma's brother to realise that they all believed Menma's presence was still with them, and freak out. :D
Glad Menma's mother seems more at peace now though.

Wished there had been time to show Jintan resolving his issues with his mother's illness/passing.

Overall though, for me, a great episode to wrap up a fantastic series. 10/10
Jun 24, 2011 2:34 AM
May 2010
This is the second anime show that brought me to tears
-- i love this ending, it is sad, but it also not so drama

p.s: first one was Code Gease 2
Jun 24, 2011 2:35 AM

Jun 2010
10/10 was expecting a Menma leaving...but the play up through all the other eps for the final breakdowns of the rest of the friends was masterful. so many levels in that short series -.-
Donate brains...zombies in Washington DC are starving. >.>
Jun 24, 2011 2:39 AM
Nov 2010
anotherplanet123 said:
The Flower:
Myosotis (pronounced /ˌmaɪ.əˈsoʊtɪs/;[1] from the Greek: "mouse's ear", after the leaf) is a genus of flowering plants in the family Boraginaceae that are commonly called Forget-me-nots. Its common name was calqued from the French, "ne m'oubliez pas" and first used in English in c.1532. Similar names and variations are found in many languages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myosotis

As for the meaning of flowers, have you noticed that daisies also appeared few times? Daisies' meaning: innocence, gentleness and loyal love/love that conquers all

Jun 24, 2011 2:40 AM

Jul 2010
Wow that was beautiful. Nice Anime
Jun 24, 2011 2:40 AM
Jun 2010
This show is definitely going on my favorites list.

Got a little teary-eyed and my heart hurts now. Sad that it's over... :/

Anyway, what a great anime! :3
Jun 24, 2011 2:42 AM

Nov 2007
Awwh, I'm glad we got pretty much all the loose ends wrapped up. This show has really delivered every week, and this episode was the first to make me cry. The ending with everything being able to see her was a little cliche and predictable, sure, but I still liked the way they handled it.

Finally a little more from Poppo! I always felt like there was something he was worried about (and dearly hoping that he wasn't in love with Menma) and now we understand what it was. The poor guy was suffering the whole time but he didn't say anything >:

The letters were really, really sweet. I expected her to write one long heartfelt goodbye, but what she wrote was much, much better :D

The Yukiatsu/Tsuruko scene at the end was adorable <3 I also found it pretty funny that Anaru's friends were trying to protect her from Jintan. I guess they're not really that bad after all?

Overall, an excellent, emotional and realistic (not including the ghost, I suppose) anime. This is a drama / romance? done right. Thank god for no shitty Key ending. I was sort of hoping we'd get a hint of what Menma reincarnated as at the end, but I guess not >: That's probably my only complaint about this last episode.

9/10.
amayadoriJun 24, 2011 2:56 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jun 24, 2011 2:54 AM
Apr 2010
best anime ever ohh it maid me cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(
Jun 24, 2011 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
Damn so sad!!!! I'm crying soooo much!!!
This anime is definitely one of the best in this season!!
Jun 24, 2011 3:21 AM

Sep 2009
I dont think I've cried this much in an Anime before I was trying really hard not to cry.
What I don't get is how could Jinta not cry when his childhood friends were crying + revealing the truth about how they felt during Menma's death. I remember he's mom said that he dosen't cry...but still...
Is he so wrapped up about Menmas death that he lost his emotions?
No wonder he just walked away when Anaru confessed to her few eps back. Poor girl, but in the end it seemed AnaruXJinta.
He coulve atleast kissed her at the end and I'd love to see the reaction of her "so-called friends" >:) I wouldve rated it a 10 fo'sho! :D
Jun 24, 2011 3:24 AM

Aug 2009
I wonder what he was going to say to Anjou when he was giving back her hankie? He did try to give it back a couple episodes before. Anyway I'm glad Poppo did something in this episode. The crying sounds funny when everyone is doing it but overall it was good. 10/10 for me.
Jun 24, 2011 3:31 AM

Jul 2009
I'm very sad that this anime is already over.
It was one of the best anime I've ever seen. The character development and the story was very nice.
I loved the ending and I'm happy that Menma's wish was granted. ^^
Jun 24, 2011 3:33 AM

Oct 2010
every one was crying and shouting in the second half of this episode, but damn i nearly cried, i still cant think weather this is a 9 or a 10/10, but i think i will have to go for the latter, the biggest problem i have is not being able to see the characters again, i grew to attached to them.
Jun 24, 2011 3:36 AM

Jun 2009
Big disappointed ending. kinda lame.
but still good. 8/10
Jun 24, 2011 3:40 AM

Mar 2010
Completed 5 minutes ago, I'm still drowning in my own tears.

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Jun 24, 2011 3:44 AM
Mar 2008
Amaya-no-Hime said:
I was sort of hoping we'd get a hint of what Menma reincarnated as at the end, but I guess not >: That's probably my only complaint about this last episode.
9/10.

I think it's the flower that grows where she disappeared (you can see it at 22.00, Doki fansub).
It was the best way to end this series, luckily no shitty Key's deus-ex-machina involved.
Jun 24, 2011 3:51 AM

May 2010
Definitely well done. Haters gon' hate, drama being a drama, oh noes!

No tears though, even though I thought there might be.

Gonna go listen to that ED 400 times in a row now.

9.5/10
Jun 24, 2011 4:07 AM

Apr 2008
Knew the wish was something deep like that :P
Great tearjerking final :D

Jun 24, 2011 4:09 AM

Dec 2008
After much deliberation, I ended up giving this series a 7/10. Although there were many complex emotions conveyed effectively throughout the episodes, once you're finally over it, you begin to see the flaws of the series as a whole. I'm still not quite sure what they are, but it just didn't feel right when I gave it an eight only to compare it to the shows I'd given an 8 to previously and realising that it wasn't on par. I suppose it could be because things got resolved far too quickly. Within the space of a day, all the malice (especially that of Yukiatsu) disappears, and Jinta becomes the 'leader' again. With the emotional drainage all characters must have experienced at that particular point in time, it's a little strange for me to see them digest it all and excrete it altogether. Also, Yukiatsu going steady (if you want to call it that) with Tsuruko at the end makes his feelings for Menma somewhat insignificant. Or perhaps that was the whole point of the journey: for all of them to move on with their respective lives.

Thinking back to the episode though, I have to say, Poppo's admission to why he wanted Menma to disappear was the most touching of all. Everyone else's motives were simply too petty, although not unexpected.

I'm still wondering why, in the end, everyone could percieve Menma. Care to enlighten anyone?
Mine is better than yours.
Jun 24, 2011 4:10 AM
Apr 2011
good ending .... maybe sad but it was from the beginning of the story is very sad ...
Jintan finally socialize with others and more aware of Anaru existence....
Jun 24, 2011 4:27 AM

May 2009
Haven't had a chance to properly collect my thoughts on this and I probably won't until I rewatch it. But I will say that I was completely blown away by the finale. I came in hoping for a decent episode to wrap up the series, but instead got the strongest ending I've seen for any series in a very long time. Very much a grown man (well, age-wise at least), I found myself crying like a baby through most of it. I loved every second of it. I'm looking forward to the rewatch. Can't thank Mari Okada and the folks at A-1 Pictures enough. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Jun 24, 2011 4:54 AM

Oct 2010
well , it was a great ending but somehow i ended up laughing when everyone cried when they were complaining being so selfish and stuff - not sure was i was thinking. however; loved the anime and the ending was statisfying imo.
Jun 24, 2011 5:27 AM

Feb 2010
THE TEARS WOULDN'T STOP *sniffle*
Ahh man I think I was partly crying cause it was the end.
Such a sweet ending, I was hoping that Menma would already be reincarnated somehow but, they made a realistic ending haha.

Ahh I wish there was more >///<
Jun 24, 2011 5:46 AM

Apr 2009
Fuck yeah Yukiatsu, I love him. Nice ending, the letters Menma wrote were really sweet.

I wonder if Yukiatsu gave Tsuruko a hairpin though, or maybe she had one from the start, I don't remember.
Jun 24, 2011 6:02 AM

Feb 2011
aw man I really cried at the end T_T

i've got no words for it, only that I really enjoyed this serie =)
Jun 24, 2011 6:22 AM

Jun 2011
Really enjoyed this series, the first half was the better part though imo, the latter episodes felt a little awkward.
Jun 24, 2011 6:25 AM
Dec 2010
WOOOAAAAAAAH!

Poor Poppo, having that image of Menma in his head for all this time... That must be why he sometimes looked like something was terribly wrong while he was just smiling and looked happy the rest of the time.
I loved how he was reading during work :) Schoolbooks, probably?

I too expected that Menma would write a long letter to them all. But the four messages were really sweet (and better, in my opinion, then a long letter) and they were much more Menma-like.

I feel they are really al ready to move on after saying goodbye properly to Menma. I don't think it was cliche that they suddenly all could see her, I think it was a really good ending, and it must have felt like a relief for them all.

This is definately an anime that I'll rewatch!
Jun 24, 2011 6:33 AM

Aug 2009
Got carried away with all the emotional breakdowns. I cried so hard.
And the last episode proves that the seiyuus are really commendable.

Great end. Great show.
Jun 24, 2011 6:34 AM

Apr 2009
Lovely ending, for once, it's not something that's overly forced or ending twisted. Instead it's a true feel-good ending, realistic characters without any major tropes or archetypes attached to them, coming to terms with their past and being able to move on forward as better people. Imagine if Yukiatsu actually went insane, Tsuruko turning Yandere and all that. Save that for something like School Days thanks.

Series stands at a 9/10 enjoyment rating for me.
Jun 24, 2011 6:39 AM
Dec 2008
I was expecting more but this is great T_T . I cried a lot while smiling. TO MUCH FOR ME >.< it hurts but i'm happy. ooh. what is this feeling .:D this anime is great .
Jun 24, 2011 6:42 AM

Apr 2011
Can't believe it's over.

Ending was good.

I ended up crying about 3 times in this episode.

Rated it a 9/10. It's the highest rating I've given any anime on my list here.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Jun 24, 2011 6:45 AM

Oct 2010
OMG!!! i cried!!! ;A; Menma!!! one of the best series!! so emotional!!

nagehiko said:
I was expecting more but this is great T_T . I cried a lot while smiling. TO MUCH FOR ME >.< it hurts but i'm happy. ooh. what is this feeling .:D this anime is great .
Jazzalyn said:
Can't believe it's over.

Ending was good.

Jun 24, 2011 6:54 AM

Feb 2009
cried so much through this anime. i liked the story and the animation a lot. 10/10
Jun 24, 2011 7:15 AM
Mar 2011
It is what it is. An all star, but not a hall of famer.
Jun 24, 2011 7:40 AM

Jul 2008
Oh. Menma!! What have done to my heart!!
I cried like a baby >_<
Without a doubt, best anime for this session!!
Jun 24, 2011 7:48 AM

Dec 2009
Beautifully done! Great anime! I can't believe it's over.
Also I cried through this whole episode it was sooo touching.
Loved the end, and this will probably go on my rewatching list. :)
Jun 24, 2011 8:04 AM
Jun 2011
A masterpiece like no other.
Only Codea Geass and this anime had me crying like a baby at the end.
Jun 24, 2011 8:07 AM

Jun 2009
Oh my god...such a sad ending with a lot of emotions. I end up crying with them at the end. Really beautiful series. 10/10.

Jun 24, 2011 8:14 AM
Jun 2011
restore said:
manly tears were shed

This.
Jun 24, 2011 8:23 AM
Apr 2010
Real Tearjerker for me! Animation art and storyboarding was Great! 10/10 :D
Pages (25) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

217 by NillyPC »»
Apr 22, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.