Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 22, 2011 7:48 AM

Feb 2010
4Cecilia4 said:
You'd think that the main character'd have some more redeeming qualities. The voice actor's voice skweaks, he's a total suck up, but for some reason I still hope for Ganta to grow some balls. Well, there is hope, the next week's preview makes me pretty sure the other Deadmen are going to train the hell out of him! Ha! . . . Well, from a more realistic point of view, he's one of the only ones thats even slightly normal, but then again most people don't watch this show for normal; they watch it for the insanity. The entire concept of the anime is the insanity of it. Ganta is that one bit of realism in the show. If weren't for that one straw of normalcy, watchers wouldn't be able to make the automatic, and most of the time, subconcious comparison between the two. From a critics point of view, it was a smart move on the mangaka's part. This leaves room for Ganta to not only interact with this insane fantasy, but to show the audience what it would be like in this world, and watch as he slowly succumbs to it and becomes part of it. Ganta's weakness is a critical part of the show.

P.S. Sorry about the lengthy review. :>

Good post, ganta is the most normal character there. Watching how he reacts to that kind of world is part of the fun, I think.
Ganta just needed to have his critical moment of 'he needs to change to survive.' I never really cared about any of the characters when I first read the manga till I actually started paying attention lol now its one of my favourite manga and anime.
Jun 22, 2011 10:12 AM

Nov 2010
Kio-chan said:
I actually like the fact that Ganta is weak and surrounded by all these strong characters. He's the most realistic person in the show for me. It makes sense that he's weak because he's the newest person to the prison that we see and the most inexperience with his powers. Mentally and physically he was always a normal 14 year old boy and then he got thrown in this hellhole. The ways he acted now and earlier is what I would expect. I think he episode is setting up some character development for him though and I'd like to see where it could go.

^ Exactly. You can't really blame him, he's a 14 year old kill who went from a happy life with his friends to seeing people brutally murdered and tortured. o.e
Jun 22, 2011 5:59 PM

Jun 2010
After the chip exploded behind the door, it's kinda obvious that it was a bomb. I wonder if Hummingbird will also join.

Jun 22, 2011 8:30 PM

Jun 2008
Seriously, why do the Japanese think we want to see PATHETIC characters such as Ganta.

It's bad enough that he's weak, but when you start complaining, crying, bitching, and being a whiny pussy, that's when everyone begins to hate you.

Oh well, I guess this anime is just a huge ripoff of ELFEN LIED with yet another whiny male character.....*SIGH*

It looked so promising at the beginning.....
Jun 22, 2011 9:42 PM

Nov 2008
Zuppashh
Jun 23, 2011 1:16 AM
Jul 2010
I just can't get much interested in this show. I'm not sure why but it's just hard to. The insanity of it all was what attracted me to it but the exaggeration of it is starting to put me off. Also, I hate it that they give every single villain and/or minor character a dramatic (and pretty much ridiculous) background just to kill them afterwards or not having them appear for a long time (Minatsuki), while more interesting and prominent characters are getting close to no development (though I wouldn't call rushed background info development either). The only interesting thing this episode (besides Crow's badass moment, that is) was the fact that Toto seemed to know Shiro is the Wretched Egg. By the way, is Toto a girl or a guy?
Jun 23, 2011 6:12 AM

Feb 2010
Dusk252 said:
I just can't get much interested in this show. I'm not sure why but it's just hard to. The insanity of it all was what attracted me to it but the exaggeration of it is starting to put me off. Also, I hate it that they give every single villain and/or minor character a dramatic (and pretty much ridiculous) background just to kill them afterwards or not having them appear for a long time (Minatsuki), while more interesting and prominent characters are getting close to no development (though I wouldn't call rushed background info development either). The only interesting thing this episode (besides Crow's badass moment, that is) was the fact that Toto seemed to know Shiro is the Wretched Egg. By the way, is Toto a girl or a guy?

toto is a guy , and a really interesting character , minatsuki will be more important later... the problem is that the anime is just going 12 eps
Jun 24, 2011 1:31 AM

Apr 2010
alexcampos said:
Seriously, why do the Japanese think we want to see PATHETIC characters such as Ganta.

It's bad enough that he's weak, but when you start complaining, crying, bitching, and being a whiny pussy, that's when everyone begins to hate you.

Oh well, I guess this anime is just a huge ripoff of ELFEN LIED with yet another whiny male character.....*SIGH*

It looked so promising at the beginning.....

Wow you're an idiot. If you were in ganta's situation you'd be a pussy too and be scared shitless. Also Elfen Lied is shitty, Deadman Wonderland is not. Nor do they have anything to do with each other.
Jun 24, 2011 3:38 AM

Mar 2010
Omg!!!!!!Ganta hit Shiro!!That I never thought I'd see.
Crow is absolutely awesome. Ganta is so helpless. Why is he the main character?He is always crying and whining..
Mockingbird appears in the next episode.He must be really twisted..
Jun 24, 2011 2:35 PM

Feb 2011
Really beginning to dislike Ganta ><

Senji was really awesome in this episode X)
I think I only watch DW because of him now =P
Jun 25, 2011 7:15 PM

Jun 2009
It's bad enough to be a weak and pussy main character but if you start whining as well. It becomes unbearable.

Thankfully, there are two episodes left so I don't have to put up much longer with Ganta's character.
Jun 25, 2011 11:34 PM

Jun 2008
Mr_Ken said:
Wow you're an idiot. If you were in ganta's situation you'd be a pussy too and be scared shitless. Also Elfen Lied is shitty, Deadman Wonderland is not. Nor do they have anything to do with each other.

Who cares how I would be.......this is ANIME....it's NOT REAL, we don't want characters to be in a fetal position and start crying about how weak they are.

Also, did you forget that he has POWERS....it's not like he's defenseless.

BTW, Elfen Lied might have it's flaws, but right now if I had to compare these two anime, I would take Elfen Lied hands down.

Not only does Elfen Lied make more sense, at least Elfen Lied didn't COPY & PASTE it's material for it's KEY ELEMENTS the way DW did.

WOW....if you don't think this is ripoff of Elfen Lied, then clearly you can't tell when both anime are doing the same key elements such as:

Sorry buddy, but DW is Elfen Lied only in a prison....other than that it's pretty much the same.
Jun 26, 2011 10:41 AM

Dec 2007
Crow is so awesome ♥
Jun 26, 2011 12:11 PM

Jun 2011
...Gotta love Crow...damn, they both got an awesome psycho-backstory, to pump you up, expecting them to put up some damn hard fight and bam ssssslice.

Super Sonic Crow Blade for the win. I hope we´ll see him in action again soon.
Jun 30, 2011 5:22 PM

Mar 2009
Poor Shiro.
Jul 1, 2011 4:53 PM

Nov 2008
LOL people whining and complaining here are just like Ganta. Ganta whines and complains a lot just like you guys. And you guys hate him? How ironic. You should hate yourself too XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 2, 2011 8:11 AM

Jan 2010
I like Crow, I just really like him.
Jul 2, 2011 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
Ganta is getting on my nerves now.

3/5
Jul 3, 2011 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
The characters really make this anime.
Except for Ganta, he can just roll over and die.
Jul 4, 2011 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, Rokudo going crazy with awesome Lelouch voice? Yes please! XD
CROW IS TOO AWESOME. How the heck did he lose to Ganta?! Supersonic boom and Worm Eater and blah ... OK O_O Love this guy! :D
No way Mockingbird or Toto is a boy. I mean she's obviously a girl :S Right? D:
OK, pumping Nagi full of drugs to make him go crazy and join the Undertakers? O_O I expect it would work maybe ...? Beh, I dunno anymore lol :P
Jul 4, 2011 3:43 PM

May 2008
holypoop said:
I like Crow, I just really like him.
Yeah, he is awsome~ :D
Jul 4, 2011 8:29 PM

Jun 2009
Crow and Shiro are awesome characters seriously.
Ganta mk I understand him I mean most of ppl will act like him in his place but it's kinda sad that he doesn't make anything good and at the end I don't think he'll do.
Jul 6, 2011 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
this show is starting to really suck

ganta is typical weak pussy male shoenen lead

idc really where the plot goes now. i had high hopes...

hopefully the manga is more redeeming
Jul 6, 2011 2:00 PM
Nov 2008
Senji's character is the COOLEST thing in this anime no one can top that,especially not our main fail chara Ganta -_- But man they all sure are twisted here xD
Jul 6, 2011 4:38 PM
Mar 2009
It's so stupid and lame like an anime for children!!!Ganta and others saw an explosion a second after Shiro thrown the chip into another room!!!But they blame Shiro that she had destroyed the data chip and saved them life!!!!!Ganta BAKA!!!They had to wait for Rokuro to explain them everything!!!that's stupid!!!Rokuro said "WHY ARE YOU BRAIN-DEAD SLUGS STILL ALIVE" and I'm asking myself the same question after watching this ep.
kingvinceJul 6, 2011 4:48 PM
Jul 7, 2011 9:46 PM

Aug 2009
Ganta you bitch!!! Hes so fucking annoying!

Im on team Red Man now.... -__-
Jul 8, 2011 1:08 AM

Sep 2008
Senji saved the end of this episode. It's a shame overall it was still garbage.
Jul 11, 2011 7:25 AM
Jul 2011
Great... Now I feel bad for Shiro :(

Only 2 more episodes left of this underwhelming anime.
Jul 12, 2011 1:20 AM

Aug 2009
Crow is still best as ever. :D

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jul 19, 2011 8:25 PM

Jul 2010
Well... Ganta's not really a man in the first place he's like 14 or something. Still a child.
Jul 25, 2011 2:44 AM

Aug 2010
Aww Shiro was so cute in this episode! I just wanted to hug her when she started crying. This episode made me really like Shiro. Ganta being the sweet person he is will apologize to her soon!
I actually like Ganta a whole lot, it's a pity so many are hating on him when I think he's just adorable.

The people hating on Ganta, I'd love to see how you'd act if you were in this situation. He's acting the way any normal 14 year old would act. It's not something you get used to immediately. So quit bitching!
Opi-chanJul 25, 2011 12:16 PM
Jul 25, 2011 2:49 AM
Jun 2010
ganta is a fucking prick pussy shithead
Jul 28, 2011 7:57 AM
Jul 2009
Senjiiii <3
Aug 2, 2011 11:11 AM

Feb 2010
Opi-chan said:

The people hating on Ganta, I'd love to see how you'd act if you were in this situation. He's acting the way any normal 14 year old would act. It's not something you get used to immediately. So quit bitching!

Lol, I think in real life alot of people would actually act alot worse than how Ganta is now anyway (namely the ones who like to act like they are cool, its always amusing seeing them run away). Yeah, he's reactions are pretty normal, hell even an adult would probably act like that. Everyone seems to forget that the other deadman have been in dw for a few years and they all got used to using their powers and everything.
cloud8100Aug 2, 2011 11:31 AM
Aug 11, 2011 3:04 AM
Sep 2010
cloud8100 said:
Opi-chan said:

Lol, I think in real life alot of people would actually act alot worse than how Ganta is now anyway (namely the ones who like to act like they are cool, its always amusing seeing them run away). Yeah, he's reactions are pretty normal, hell even an adult would probably act like that. Everyone seems to forget that the other deadman have been in dw for a few years and they all got used to using their powers and everything.

^This x 9000

Only thing that really annoys me is them not being able to use simple logic to figure out the chip was a bomb. Only way it could be more obvious is if it blew up in their faces.
Oct 21, 2011 5:55 AM
Jun 2008
The problem with this series is that their extremely rushing the content to fit it in 12 eps. Their is no character development whatsoever. I mean the 2 undertakers that were killed by senji. Their story was like 30 seconds each. And thats for everyone here. Cant see an ending that will wrap this story up.

Probably gonna be a remake in time, when manga is finished.
Oct 25, 2011 9:11 AM

Jun 2011
I officially hate Ganta now. He's just too pathetic to be a main character.
Nov 9, 2011 3:53 PM

Aug 2011
It took me quite a while to figure out the chip was a bomb. oh Ganta, stupid as ever
Nov 19, 2011 9:38 AM
Mar 2011
what an epic entrance for Senji
Dec 4, 2011 6:51 PM

Mar 2010
All I really have to say is; # of times Ganta has been saved by others: 1000.
# of times Ganta has saved someone else: .5
Looking forward to the next!
Dec 6, 2011 3:28 PM

Feb 2010
It was kinda pretty obvious it was a bomb well yea there might have been flamabble things back there but it couldnt have been just a coincidence that a few seconds after she throws it there is an explosion.

Senji is so fucking awesome loved the part where he sliced those two undertakers then asks who are the strongest lol.
Sheepshaman.png
Jan 31, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2010
You know what? I'm tired of stupid Ganta. I mean, He tripped on his own shoes for goodness sake...not to mention he hit Shiro who SAVED HIS FRIKIN' LIFE.
Sakigami Toto does seem like an interesting character that may just twist these last episodes into something better. We shall see.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 2, 2012 6:23 PM

Jan 2012
okay Ganta is now just even more pathetic, just a total and utter fail of a main character!!! His voice is even played by a girl for god sake, he should have been dead like 2 episodes? when they had that race.... grrr! Crow and Shiro are the best characters in this damn thing, epic moment when Crow walked in killed those two guys and was like 'which ones are they strongest' ............. 'ummm you kinda just killed them' xD
Mar 12, 2012 5:22 PM

Feb 2012
"Why are you brain dead slugs even alive?" That's just what I was thinking Rokuro.
Apr 21, 2012 2:07 PM

Oct 2011
Ganta is the most pathetic main character ever! I thought in the beginning of the series, that Ganta would become stronger, but he's nothing but a whiny son of a bitch.
Apr 25, 2012 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
I can't believe Ganta finally realized he is pathetic. ITS A BREAKTHROUGH! Naruto never truly realized it!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 6, 2012 1:54 PM

Jan 2012
Senji = super freakin cool! Which also makes him kinda sexy, hehe.
Ganta = well, pathetic. And weak. Shiro was right.
Shiro = so cute ♥ gotta love her. And I can't wait to see what really happened with her and her Ojii-san.

OFFTOPIC:
But holy shit, every time I see the picture of Nagi with his wife in the ending, it kills me a little bit inside... So sad! Nagi would have been such a loving husband and father... :'(
Jul 8, 2012 9:30 PM

Feb 2012
Senji is awesome, however, Ganta is just... WEAK AS HELL!

Shiro <3
Jul 28, 2012 10:08 PM

Jan 2012
Toto is cool! Wanna know more about him.
Karako is badass if she managed to survive all that.

Overall i enjoyed this episode, can't wait for next episode.
Jul 29, 2012 10:50 AM
Aug 2008
Dammnit. I knew this would happen! Ganta better make up with Shiro! Senji is so cool, prob my favorite character in this show.

I doubt its gonna end well. They're setting up too many things for only 2 episodes left. Plus I heard the ending was a let down, but i guess we'll see...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

346 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.