Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2011 10:31 AM

Feb 2009
Spotlight Character: Sora Naegino (Kaleido Star)

MAL Character Information Page: Sora Naegino

MAL Favorites: 231

For the next week I would like to have everyone familiar with this character discuss what they think makes it an exceptional character. What attributes make it stand out in the ocean of interesting characters that exist in the realms of anime and manga.

Unlike the other two subjects I will not force this conversation to fall into any set structure. Characters that are nominated typically get here because they are adept at breaking the existing character moulds and defying definition.

Because of this freedom I encourage everyone to do their very best to stay on topic and keep any and all debate civil. Have fun and I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say about this character.

RESULTS OF THE YOU DECIDE POLL

Sora Naegino was NOT inducted into the club Character list:
3 Yes - 42.9%
4 No - 57.1%

57 Don't know this character - 89.1% of the total number polled
0 Abstained - 0% of the total number polled
kokuroJun 20, 2011 9:26 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 14, 2011 5:14 AM

Dec 2007
I'm very curious to know what those that nominated this character have to say. Kaleido Star is a lolvely anime, but at first I'd not say it has anything worth of induction. I'm open to change my mind at any moment. xD
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jun 17, 2011 9:26 AM

Nov 2008
I'm bumping this because I am curious about what her supporter(s) say about her too. While I haven't seen enough Kaelido Star to cast a proper vote, my first impression of her is that she is a rather generic protagonist and I would probably have voted no if I could. Does she get any late development like Erin (from Kemono no Souja Erin) did?

She may be nice and likeable, but it takes a lot more than that to be a relation in this club.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jun 17, 2011 10:21 AM

Dec 2007
FOE-tan said:
I'm bumping this because I am curious about what her supporter(s) say about her too. While I haven't seen enough Kaelido Star to cast a proper vote, my first impression of her is that she is a rather generic protagonist and I would probably have voted no if I could. Does she get any late development like Erin (from Kemono no Souja Erin) did?

She may be nice and likeable, but it takes a lot more than that to be a relation in this club.

Well, she has some development in the means that she evolves as an artist and actually works for it - unlike most main characters, which are just blessed with talent.

But for me that's not enough.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jun 18, 2011 4:04 AM

Oct 2008
@Ladyxzeus:

I thought her character succeeded at being an object of inspiration and hard work. She set very high goals and never allowed the many set backs to dissuade her from achieving her dreams. I don't think the second half of the series transitioned very well, but that was largely because of the introduction of new characters. I think that the show probably should have ended after the first season. Although the second half did help make Sora's character stronger and more dynamic. I probably wouldn't vote yes for the show, but I liked Sora's character enough to vote her in. I'm actually a little tired and having a hard time forming a better argument for you. But your comment in the you decide forum made me want to at least attempt to post something in her support because I think the story and her character did do a good job at exemplifying how positive thinking can make dreams come true. Oh course this aspect is also a point that could be an annoyance to many. For me though, I enjoyed it enough to attempt to give it to my niece when she was performing in the YMCA circus. Unfortunately anime wasn't cool enough at that moment in her life apparently so she didn't want it. I wonder if her perspective has changed. But it was the thought that counted and Sora played a major role in me wanting to pass the series on to her. If anyone aspires to greatness, Sora's tenacity and diligence is definitely an aspect that should be admired and mimicked.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The End of Critics and Connoisseurs

HiroM_ - Dec 31, 2022

31 by danz »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:08 AM

» Challenge You Decide: Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (Anime) (1/1)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

44 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» You Decide: Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

42 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» Resurrected You Decide: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

47 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:09 PM

» Blue N Rescue Mission: Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

24 by Dramaddict »»
Dec 28, 2022 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.