Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2011 6:19 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One down for the party but at least he achieved what he originally quested for. I wonder why didn't they destroyed the circlet when they had the chance, I mean they already know that's Karla's true form and all.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:24 AM
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 8, 2013 1:35 PM

Sep 2012
Ghiiiiiiiiimmmm !!!!!!!!
Oct 15, 2014 2:49 AM

Aug 2013
Goodbye Ghim :(

And now it's Wood's turn. Geez that circlet has terrible taste. Really downgraded from Leylia lol.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 22, 2014 3:00 PM
Mar 2013
Yeah, but that voice from Wood's Japanese voice actor, though.
Apr 20, 2016 7:55 AM

Jul 2015
First half of the episode was awesome, loved that fight, rip Ghim, and probably very soon rip Wood !
Aug 5, 2016 5:22 AM

Feb 2015
The animation in this episode was great. I don't really understand how Ghim died, though. He didn't seem that badly hurt at the end of the fight, but he just collapsed and died? Also, removing that circlet from Leylia's head by throwing a battleaxe at it without splitting her skull requires some true pro skills.
Well, one bad guy down. Another one emerged from its ashes.
Aug 15, 2016 2:22 PM

Jun 2016
New mercenary characters seem interesting. A lot of plot armor in this episode though, especially when Parn got caught by Wood when he was tossed up by Karla because he was randomly on the roof? At the very end Ghim is now dead and Wood is the new villain thats crazy, wasn't expecting that to be honest. Real talk everyone of them is a dumbass, why would they leave the circlet there? I get they didn't know Karla could use it by itself but someone else could just put it on and Karla could then posses them like damn it's common sense to try and smash that thing. Last little nitpick is about how Parn is a hotheaded idiot still, learn from your mistakes man. At least think a little before you go running to your death. His reason for fighting was developed and his skills were developed but his stupid hotheaded personality is still the same as it was in the beginning. 2nd weakest episode but not bad by any means, other than my problems with it everything else was really enjoyable. That Ghim funeral scene was really well done.
Nov 14, 2016 4:45 AM

Oct 2014
why why ghim had to die. can't they use a resurrection spell like in rpgs.
Feb 2, 2017 3:59 PM
Aug 2014
Still keeping it's unrelenting pace; I thought we were working towards a final showdown with Karla, but all that happened in just a single episode.
Feb 2, 2017 4:17 PM

Dec 2015
@Lorezhno You should know that the next OAVs will adapt two other novels/stories at a faster pace, while leaving out some (in other words, the characters are supposed to have "leveled-up" by going through other adventures between the ones featured in the OAVs).

Also, not sure if you realized it by now but Kashew / Kashue is alive:
(if I remember it right).
Rei_IIIFeb 2, 2017 4:21 PM
Feb 2, 2017 5:00 PM
Aug 2014
Yeah I saw him standing behind the king; it's just that in the previous episode they ended his scene with a red slash across the screen.
Jun 7, 2017 6:04 AM

Jan 2013
Kind of expected Ghim to die. though, it felt just like a justification for Karla to be taken down.

And lol, Wood's the next shell.
Oct 13, 2017 9:50 PM

Jul 2016
ghim died? but how... lol. he seemed fine until he collapsed.
seriously, wood? he's just not fit for that circlet, nor has he ever shown potential for being the next bearer.
best part of this episode was the berserker and the girl, i sure hope they weren't only a passing incidence.. they probably were though. wish i could see em again.
Feb 3, 2019 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
Finally I watch that old anime, wanted since a long time and it's much fun to watch. <3

This anime sure love its cliches, but I read "too much" from high fantasy-genre as well and it's just me being genre-savvy. And it's pretty old too.
I like Deedlit, but I can't get REALLY attached to the characters. Still, they are decent and all.

Also, I really like how they draw the dragons and damn, the battle scenes look good for 90s anime. And great dragons are always a plus haha.
I like the overall art style and the old shading style too.
May 28, 2020 4:38 PM
May 2020
I like how everyone somehow conveniently forgot about Wood after the battle
Feb 21, 2021 2:15 PM

Aug 2017
Just wanted to say that I really love the brief eye movement of Deed in the OP. She's the most lovable character anyway (also has the best design out of the main group but it's probably due to female characters getting more attention design-wise overall, at least that's my impression). And apparently the only one who actually uses existing stances for swordfighting (not that I expected anything like that from fantasy or visual media in general, but I appreciate the rare sight of it). Though it's not unlikely that a correct stance was accidentally used just because it looks cool haha.

The funniest part about Karla is that she actually has a point but it's tainted both by the nature of her character and by the conclusions she thinks follow from her criticism.

"I have no use for pawns that refuse to be moved" - now that's a badass line.

The predictability of everything makes it somewhat enjoyable to watch. There's a certain charm to it.

I have my doubts that you can throw a battle axe into someone's face with that much precision without even damaging the body but whatever xD

Of course Wakamoto's character can't resist becoming the villain :p

ghim died? but how... lol. he seemed fine until he collapsed.

Life-draining spell that he mostly took on himself by moving towards Karla, I guess. Plus previous damage from her spells.
A lot of plot armor in this episode though, especially when Parn got caught by Wood when he was tossed up by Karla because he was randomly on the roof?

Wood is a rogue and rogues wander in the shadows, unnoticable to the eye...or something. That's why he was on the roof.

P.S. I wonder why does wikipedia list the OVAs as being 25-30 minutes when they're clearly a bit <25.
St0rmbladeFeb 21, 2021 3:29 PM
Dec 27, 2021 6:04 AM

Nov 2017
Ghim was able to accomplish what he set out to do, but at the cost of his own life. Also, is anybody gonna help Wood now? Anybody? lol
Feb 10, 2022 6:24 PM
Dec 2020
The two secondary characters that had less than 10 minutes of screen time and no purpose were better done than all the other main characters. The rest of the episode is interesting, however inconsistent. The dwarf died, but no one cares, after all, no character in this anime has been minimally worked on so that some feeling can be created towards them.
Mar 6, 2022 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
the Berserker is cool

and RIP Ghim your sacrifice saved Leiyla but now the Grey Witch possessed WoodChuck another friend of theirs

so the Grey Witch just wants to maintain the balance of power on Lodoss eh but she does it by playing them so thats what our Heroes cannot accept
Aug 25, 2022 4:05 PM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
Damn, I liked Ghim. :(
Beep boop
Nov 22, 2022 6:34 AM

Feb 2016
The best episode (drama helped a lot) ... How empty it is, when character gets killed without having developed. This series not hooked me so far yet (and I come after watching Crystania, that I liked a lot -with all its limitations budget and format type-)
Jan 14, 2023 2:31 PM

Apr 2016
I thought it was interesting that Karla's stated objective was to stop the formation of a one world order, lest the world eventually fall under the domination of a tyrannical regime, be it by conquest of evil powers like Beld, or by a once heroic alliance inevitably being corrupted over time.
Sep 18, 2023 3:12 PM

Dec 2022
More like bandits than mercenaries. These two assholes tried to kill a bunch of travellers for no other reason than an uneducated assumption.

Surprised Ghim died there. I thought he would be a mainstay of the party, and he didn't look like he took mortal damage.

Leylia is seemingly back, but the circlet possessed Wood instead, who doesn't seem to have the same magic potential as Leylia had. Then again, it will probably confer him physical boosts instead.

Shaded Horizon

Feb 15, 6:36 PM

Jul 2021
Animation looked good. RIP Ghim.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GlennMagusHarvey - Aug 11, 2010

50 by stupod »»
Apr 22, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 1 Discussion

Sick_Bastard - Oct 22, 2008

40 by ccernunnos »»
Apr 21, 3:12 PM

» Does the dub still hold up after 28 years?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

3 by BthatTVK »»
Apr 1, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 4 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 25, 2010

20 by extralie »»
Mar 19, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 12 Discussion

Veethorn - Aug 29, 2010

15 by bubba460z »»
Feb 15, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.