Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2011 1:20 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The animation change in this episode was very noticeable. Thankfully it looks like it's back to normal with the next episode.
May 1, 2013 4:12 PM
Dec 2010
Kylearan said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The animation change in this episode was very noticeable. Thankfully it looks like it's back to normal with the next episode.

Is it really? good to hear. Previous art style was better. I wonder why this episode is differently animated anyway.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 10, 2013 6:18 PM

Oct 2010
Agreed, I was like what the heck?
One does not simply change the animation style in the middle of a show!
Well, good to hear it's back to normal!
Jan 21, 2014 6:36 AM

Aug 2013
Haha I thought I was watching the wrong show. It took a bit of effort not to be bothered by the sudden change in art/animation.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 30, 2014 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
Yeah, the animation for this episode is piss poor. They must have let an intern or something do the character animations for this episode. It seemed like the animation changed in accordance with the story's progression into a new arc. The fact that it changes back after this episode means that it was either a mistake or someone told them that the animation wasn't up to par, so they changed it back (likely the former).

If nothing else though the animation was good for a few laughs.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jan 14, 2021 7:05 AM

Nov 2008
So it wasn't my imagination after all. I think they ran out of money from the animation budget.
Sep 19, 2023 10:11 AM
Aug 2021
Hahaha, I immediately had to check MAL to see if the animation really did change. 5 minutes in and it was really annoying me. Glad it goes back to the original style.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Third - Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion

Gipphe - Oct 1, 2009

2 by JKKH »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:10 PM

Poll: » The Third - Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion

Gipphe - Oct 1, 2009

7 by JKKH »»
Aug 23, 2023 7:46 PM

» where is the light novel ?

monadskies - Jan 8, 2023

3 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 9, 2023 3:09 AM

Poll: » The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo Episode 17 Discussion

Kylearan - May 11, 2011

2 by Rui_Rei »»
Dec 10, 2021 5:51 AM

Poll: » The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo Episode 9 Discussion

Kylearan - May 10, 2011

2 by wlitsch »»
Feb 5, 2020 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.