Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2011 8:44 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see some more of Honoka's history of when she was a child.
Jan 21, 2014 2:16 AM

Aug 2013
I really like Honoka's interaction with Bogie. Reminds me of Kino and Hermes.

I can't help but think "yeah you helped the queen ant...several months from now you'll probably be slaughtering her young." Welp...law of nature I guess >___<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 17, 2014 3:13 PM

Sep 2013
Srsly? Entire ep about ant? Meh :/
Sep 6, 2016 12:53 AM

Jan 2010
I get that the queen ant was supposed to be representative of Honoka's want to fly, but I can't get over that she increased the likelyhood of someone out there receiving an aerial death via a flying armored ant. They're essentially walking guillotines, so a flying one sounds quite frightening. There's also the hint of conceit of Honoka likening herself to one of the apparent most dangerous creatures in the desert, but that's more of a nitpick than something that actually bothers me. What actually bothers me, however, is the constant narration that leaves very little to interpretation. By saying what everyone is constantly feeling, the series might as well be the light novel it was based on, which not only wastes screen time and ruins otherwise tense or heartfelt moments.

As an anime, its greatest strength is to relay character thoughts and feelings through visuals. When it's just being told not just through exposition, but through a disembodied narrator, it feels both unnecessary and intrusive. There are also a couple other things that have been bothering me, such as the body suit whose very existence is ridiculous and the magical elements that feel additive rather than natural. I would have preferred this to be a straight up adventure show with a girl who just happened to be extremely talented with the sword. I'm fine with the Counsel of Doing Bad Things, sci-fi technologies and aliens, but the anime felt a lot more interesting when it was an ordinary human trying to fare against machinery and superpowers. While I'm still enjoying The Third, I'm starting to get the idea of the show's flow, and while I don't particularly like where it's going, I'll continue to hold out to see if it regains its initial luster.
Nov 15, 2016 11:50 AM

Jul 2015
The most boring episode in what so far has been rather boring series. I don't see the point of trying to help that giant ant queen either. I was hoping that this series will get a little more interesting in later episodes, most anime series become more interesting towards the end of the series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion

Kylearan - May 11, 2011

6 by nhkam »»
Sep 19, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » The Third - Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion

Gipphe - Oct 1, 2009

2 by JKKH »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:10 PM

Poll: » The Third - Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion

Gipphe - Oct 1, 2009

7 by JKKH »»
Aug 23, 2023 7:46 PM

» where is the light novel ?

monadskies - Jan 8, 2023

3 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 9, 2023 3:09 AM

Poll: » The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo Episode 17 Discussion

Kylearan - May 11, 2011

2 by Rui_Rei »»
Dec 10, 2021 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.