Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2011 6:14 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not as good as the previous episode.
So Manigoldo dies-- not that i am surprised but its still sad. His character was quiet entertaining.
Where is Hades? Where? Do i have to sell my hair to see him?
"..and Hades heart should be mine"---> really Pandora? Don't keep your hopes that high because the 1st person he is going to kill, right after coming out of the cage, will be you!
Apr 21, 2011 8:51 AM

Feb 2009
What an epic episode. Love how they animated the fight of Thanatos vs Manigoldo and Sage. Manigoldo is just too bad ass. This is probably one of my top 3 favorite battles so far in the LC anime. Great ending to this arc.

BTW the manga finished like a month ago.
Apr 21, 2011 8:17 PM

Feb 2010
Was good. Manigoldo has to be one of my favorite saints across all the different series. I'd put other above him but he's up there.
Jun 12, 2014 3:29 PM

Jun 2012
Too damn good. Omg I cant handle this. I cant believe they actually sealed Thanatos, but it makes sense if you watched the hades chapter. Hohohooooo. I just love the student teacher bond between Manly Gold and Sage. I'm just speechless. I cant find the words to describe this feeling. Its just so nice. And we even get excalibur next ep. I got to take a break to catch my breath. Holy shit.
Dec 26, 2014 10:55 AM

Nov 2009
God this series has so much death, At least Thanatos is out of the equation now its time to see what Hypnos can do.
Mar 8, 2015 1:01 AM

Mar 2013
Very impressive Mafuba like capture by Manigoldo and the Pope. Honestly this Cancer Manigoldo was SOOO much better/cooler than Deathmask, its almost a joke.
Nov 16, 2015 6:57 PM

Dec 2012
R.I.P Manigoldo and Pope Sage. They were true warriors.
Jan 6, 2016 6:58 PM
Apr 2015
They went toe to toe with the God of Death, Manigoldo is so awesome !! Him and The Sage together Were OP
Feb 9, 2018 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
The flashback of Manigoldo at the beginning of the episode, when Sage sends him to the Yomotsu Hirasaka to make him learn a lesson about his arrogance, is probably one of the most disturbing scenes of Saint Seiya. How the souls of the dead throws themselves to that pit (who will lead them to the Underworld), with all those blank stares and deadly look.
Is also a way to show how shitty is for humans the world of Saint Seiya. In that queue of people, there are a lot of innocents, individuals who did nothing wrong in life, damned to spend the rest of it's existence in Hell... Is really scary and sad at the same time.

Damn, Manigoldo, you were a true man. Not even death itself could stop you from being awesome ;_; You were too cool to live, unfortunately, but we will never forget you, nor we will forget your badassery. Rest in Peace, you magnificent bastard.
And Rest in Peace you too, Sage, you sly, old fox. You were so incredible (and crazy prepared) that you even managed to fool the very God of Death and obtain a decissive victory for Athena. You were a great Patriarch till your very end.
Man, the Cancer Saints are usually ridiculized in Saint Seiya, but, one thing is sure, and is that Lost Canvas managed to restore their reputation with these two great characters. Thank you, Shiori Teshirogi.

Loved that final farewell to both Cancer, as well as the hint Hakurei drops regarding Shion and his generation at the end of the episode, that is foreshadowing as it's finest.

Capricorn Saint comming next episode! OMG!

More topics from this board

» thought on this season? (Spoiler)

Daniel_Dreiberg - Aug 20, 2017

2 by CameronKeith »»
Nov 3, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Roloko - May 18, 2011

10 by HibiChika »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:39 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Roloko - Jul 20, 2011

53 by bushman66 »»
Dec 14, 2022 5:35 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa 2 Episode 1 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Feb 24, 2011

14 by bushman66 »»
Dec 11, 2022 4:20 PM

Poll: » Will there be OVA 3?

Pinkette - Jun 8, 2012

29 by BrawlerJoe »»
Aug 29, 2022 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.