Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 23, 2016 6:22 AM
Dec 2015
Aezile said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Here we are folks, the last episode of the season. I don't know what to say anymore because everything should've been beautifully animated but was rushed. Anyway, complaints aside, lol'd at Misaka's mom, and lastly, I must say that I like how they presented Shiage :D

This will be the last time I'll say this;

Well then everyone, DISCUSS!

or is it? >:D

Wait, so does this mean Shiage is the main protaganist too? WTF?!
Jan 29, 2016 6:29 AM

Mar 2014
Obstructions and Distractions . Free overtime .
Now we all know what all MISAKAs have in common . Being naughty ~ .
Recovery movement . Mission : circumspect .
Minus withdrawal . Take-back Fists .
VERY GREAT Episode ~ !!! "Having a goal is really fun." Sounds right ~ .

Overall a 10/10 <3 !! I'm relished and electrified , Bewitched by it's delight . Among , most of the generic-kind of production and slate of it's era , This one was compelling and quality . Not only they built such a cogent pace but also , they nullified the blitz of their own utility , at the course of the story . Therefore , the results were exceptional . The characters , by fact were genuine .
I do have my best regards for this anime because It amazed in numerous interactions . Petition for a sequel ~ !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2016 2:20 AM

Mar 2015
Damn! Accel and Touma didn't meet. Gakkari!

So Accelo formed a badass group, huh?

Kind of anticlimatic ending.

Episode:3.5/5

Series:8/10

Season one is slightly better.

Not looking forward with Season 3 -_-
Feb 11, 2016 7:23 PM

Mar 2015
Between Level 5 Esper and Saint, witch is stronger?
This salad is salty favored
Feb 21, 2016 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
This was a mediocre anime. I mean the story is interesting and whole setting with a fictional city with espers, magicians etc. was unique and all. It is the strong point of this anime. It also had some good action.

As for the characters I can deal with a dumb protagonist with a powerful yet useless ability and his quest to "save" his enemies while they try to kill him but characters like Index, Misaka and Accelerator literally made me dislike the show to a great extent for obvious reasons. It's like being forced to like someone with a shitty personality.

Furthermore the thing that I absolutely hated is that antagonists and even Accelerator face no consequences despite their crimes. For e.g. Accelerator kills a bunch of people but bears no consequence in the last few episodes. It's like the writer wants us to empathise with them no matter what they do because they have a shitty past or were a victim of the society.

Overall 6/10
Mar 29, 2016 2:41 PM

Mar 2015
For a finale that is really disappointing. Even though a main character, there is barely any Misaka.

Also since there is never going to have a season 3, it's even more disappointing.

8/10 for Misaka and Misaka 10032 "wanting to see Touma again while holding the necklace" shot at that epilogue.

Time for Railgun S.

Apr 1, 2016 11:19 AM
Apr 2015
JoJo10 said:
lilmp89 said:
For me, as the season progressed, character development went to crap more and more. They introduce/reintroduce characters who apparently are important again. No idea of where they came from or what they're drive is. The blond kid in the end. He gave his name. I went to wikia. He apparently beat a level 5 as a level 0. Where was this in the anime? Every episode just keeps giving me more and more plot holes. Why kids are running around killing each other in a high-
tech city, I still don't know, but that's the least of my concerns. How or why was Mrs. Misaka a representative, who all of the sudden was sent to remove students from Academy City, why was that building empty except for Skillout, why did the (taxi?) driver stand around while she attempted to molest Touma (funny scene though!)?

The animation, music, and fights/powers are awesome. The characters are interesting and funny (except Index, I hate her and only her). But, the plot, development, and whole presentation of is a complete mess for me. If this was more like Arakawa, with no real attempt at giving you a plot, but had fights and fan service only, it'd be great.
7/10 I don't give ratings in comments usually, but this series drove me nuts =
Let's go Railgun Season 2 next please!

Wow, you just pay no attention at all this ep.

willardhwright said:

... Yes, but no. It is perfectly normal that the anime don't say anything about the level 5. It hasn't happened yet, it will WAYYY later IIRC. It is not a plot hole at all, it will happen in the next season.

Who they are and why they are here is perfectly clear, it is said 10 minutes earlier in the episode, and Shiage repeat it again anyway....

And it is the same for almost everything in this episode... saying that nothing is explained... There is really something wrong with this...

...By the way, am I the only one who is not completely fond of GROUP?
Accelerator-solo would be far better for me.
Well, it's not that I dislike them, so I will still enjoy with what will come later.
But I can't understand where their HUGE popularity come from.
I love Accelerator, Awaki, and Tsuchimikado individually, but together....

Well,imagine breaker being the most broken/second most broken thing in the serie doesn't help...

-You should read Volumes 15 and 19 to read about GROUPS feats. They are basically a 4 man death squad.

-Yeah toumas right hand is strong but its only his hand,but if you took off his plot armor he would lose to any level 5. If you took off his right arm.....

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJul 28, 2016 12:06 AM
Aug 7, 2016 7:51 PM

Apr 2016
August 7th, 2016 and there's still no Season 3. I heard a rumor that it was plausible however.
Jan 22, 2017 4:41 PM

Dec 2013
This ending definitely makes me want a season 3 badly.

Overall I actually enjoyed this slightly more than season 1.
Jun 20, 2017 4:39 AM

Mar 2013
Touma and his goddamn preachy speeches ~_~

I was wondering what that leader was talking about and what Accelerator actually did in his "overtime", but after looking the comments, I got my answer.
Well it was sad what happened with Skillout tbh.

Overall, I enjoyed this season. Never thought it'd take a dark turn with the deaths though.
Sep 7, 2017 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Styl, Komoe-sensei and many others not shown anymore :/

I still don't understand most of the story. Why it is, what, how.. Maybe they explained more in Railgun?
When they skip 2 year in 2 minutes, or make 2 minutes 2 episodes long
Jan 15, 2018 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
It had some better parts than the first season, but not enough to make me rate it higher. Touma is just a too annoying protagonist, as generic and boring as they can get. 3/10
May 13, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
A bit better better than season one,but still far away from great,at least story and actionwise. Characters and comedy are carrying this show hard.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 1, 2018 12:39 AM

Apr 2013
Holy shit... Is this the same series that i started watching?
Because DAMN, the last third of the season, or maybe even the second half, was just fucking awesome! Maybe some of the material should have handled a bit better, especially since this Skillout thing barely lasted even one episode, but the worldbuilding done actually makes me look forward to the 3rd season. Plus, i LOVED how the different characters actually interacted with each other instead of remaining as one-off enemies/characters.

Index, inconceivably, gets an 8. Never would have guessed after the first season...
Oct 15, 2018 7:40 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

Kanzaki still struggling to use a washing machine.

Overall, it was a good series

Oct 17, 2018 12:05 AM

Dec 2012
Not bad 6/10
I'm expecting Touma & Accelerator scene :/

Nov 26, 2018 9:39 AM

Dec 2014
So like this is how it all ended..hmm to much expectation...pretty glad I don't have to wait for season 3 now
Dec 10, 2018 2:46 AM

Dec 2017
Ahh it must have been hard waiting that long for s3
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Mar 19, 2019 8:52 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that Hamazura is going to have more screen time in S3. Can't wait.

Well, this show is an improvement from S1. 7/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 9, 2019 12:42 PM
Jan 2019
The final part of the final episode was great.
1. Accelerator is like a vigilante, an Antihero. He's a great guy in his own way.
(6:25 minutes. Ahhh that's sad: 'v)
2. I thought that "Musujime" Awaki was a relative of "Musugime" of the Antiskills. There was a difference in "g" and "j" 😅.
3. Misaka's mom is hot and funny when she is drunk xD. I'm glad she did not get seriously hurt and decided not to take Misaka from Academic City. Touma did a good job.
The face that Misaka will put when he finds out that his mother was saved by Touma 😅.
4. Accelerator and Touma crossed paths, I was excited again. It's a shame they did not cross xD words.
5. I had not realized that Unabara was the same kind of fake face that Touma defeated in the previous season. I thought he was a magician or maybe he is someone like Tsuchimikado, a sper and at the same time a magician.
What I loved about the end is that these four individuals "Accelerator, Tsuchimikado, Awaki, Unabara", a different team in many ways, will work together to defeat the superiors that I imagine are nothing more and nothing less than the General Council of Academic City led by Lugester.
I can not wait to see the counterattack 😎.

PS: I've already lost count of how many times Touma has ended up in the hospital. LOL 😂.
22:39 hahaha, Fukiyose bought the shoulder massager.

I love this anime. I know, the story is confusing, it's not the best I've seen, but the plot is very interesting, entertaining and fun. Get extra points with characters such as Touma, Railgun, Index, Accelerator, Mikasa 20001, etc ... They are characters that win the love.
I have no complaints about the animation, but I think that if the story were clearer it would be the best anime there is, since it has a unique history going into magic, science and religion. It's my point of view.
Anyway, I really liked this season. You had epic and very funny moments, new characters, new enemies and allies, surprises, revelations, etc.

Now it's time to continue with Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 😀.
Aug 21, 2019 1:25 PM
Dec 2018
Honestly, this was much better than the original. The drama was more entertaining than cheesy this time around.
Bororus_RoorooSep 29, 2020 8:43 PM
Jan 30, 2020 3:51 PM

Jan 2020
Highlight of the season: THE ACCELERATOR

7/10 for Accelerator.
Mar 2, 2020 12:23 AM
Mar 2012
Nice Accelerator, setup future hype stories with Group. (but what's with the silly agency names Group, Study, Item etc?)
Intense fights. Taping, that leader's tactics, exosuits and the previous arcs adjusting power levels are way more science-y than the esper powers themselves.
Lol Misaka's mom.
Aleister makes no sense still. The silly writing doesn't give much hope for the remaining mysteries, but at least these strong characters save the series.
Just sad there's no Saten. As fellow L0s could be fun with Touma.
The 2011 fanservice gets kind of annoying compared to current shows, but might've been normal back then.
Touma's not a very good fighter, but he's actually focused as high def/hp tanker with leveled up critical hit. The style does get boring at times, and subs almost feel annoyingly bad when he spews justice.

Now just need to figure what watch order for RailgunT, Accelerator & IndexIII...
May 8, 2020 2:41 PM

Aug 2017
Well that was better than season 1 (although it felt rushed) and accelerator made it for me. Such an awesome character. A shame that Index is still annoying as ever. 7/10.
Jun 1, 2020 8:09 AM

Aug 2018
So Misaka's mother does have husband?.. Why he's not seen around?.. Is he busy man or something?..

Overall, this season was nice.. Nuns arc was nice - plenty of interesting and cute girls.. Fukiyose added to the harem.. I guess, she is capable girl, if I'd need to describe her?.. Well, also hot in appearance.. Sports festival and old ships arc was nice as well.. Was glad to see more Aisa, would like to see more Kanzaki, but at least glad that she returned, maybe we'll get more later, will see.. Overall, more enjoyable characters.. Hopefully, we'll get more screen time for them in time, or in Railgun, or in somewhere.. ;P Well, like OVAs, for example, or some spinoffs, or something.. This series is clearly long running one.. So it kinda introduces characters, not covering them in whole, but showing a bit here and there.. And during time, it shows us more of them.. Many new girls has potential to be likeable and interesting characters, and I hope we'll indeed get more of them with time..
Jul 16, 2020 4:57 PM
Jan 2017
DuroDeMatar said:
Excellent series, the wait for season 3 will be too long.

Lol at Misaka's mom being drunk.

9/10

Now this a late reply.... but yeah the wait for season 3 was a long one
Oct 21, 2020 10:50 AM

Jun 2017
Back when I saw this the first time I certainly never would have expected that this encounter with Touma would set Hamazura on the path to being
I guess Touma's "pep-talk" left a bigger impression on the guy than it seemed here. Hamazura becomes one of my favorite characters if not my favorite due to him being the absolute underdog in a sea of freaks with special powers, and having balls of depleted uranium.

Psychotik said:
One of the worst shows I have seen. I liked the first season and I liked railgun, but this was complete utter shit.

I had the same opinion as you on both of the first 2 seasons of Index. I went back and re-watched these after watching S3 of both Railgun, and Index, and uh... I enjoyed the hell out of it. I hated Index the first time, but kept with the series because I did enjoy Railgun a bit... glad I kept with it.

wakka9ca said:

Anyway, this is the type of series you enjoy in retrospect...

Weird how that works but it's absolutely the case - this is the type of series you enjoy in retrospect. That being the case, a re-watch leaves you with a much better impression than the first.

I can't think of any other anime that this is more the case for. To aru is a convoluted mess, especially the anime adaptation, but once you have more background you can really appreciate the confusing heap of events.
Alpha-MethylOct 21, 2020 10:55 AM
Nov 22, 2020 12:54 AM

Mar 2020
I was originally going to give this season a 5/10 or 6/10, but AC invasion arc really redeemed the season for me.

Index 2 has the lowest lows yet (roman orthodox church arc and boat arc were huge residentsleepers) and Index is still an unsufferable bitch who won't stop whinning about being hungry all the time and also bite Touma all the time like an ungreatful brat.

Characters like Accelerator was what kept my interest in this show, if it wasn't for him I would have dropped the show after boat arc.

AC invasion arc is the saving grace of this season and it is what Index should have been from the very beginning. This arc is my 3rd favorite in raildex (behind Sisters arc in RS and Dai Haisai Festival arc in RT). Half of the screentime is dedicated to Accelerator and that really goes to show how bad is the main duo of this show (Touma and Index). Touma when he is alone is tolerable, heck I felt like he was a completely different and better character in RS and RT. But when he is with Index the whole vibe is ruined, is he a masochist?

To summarize everything: Accelerator carries this season HARD

8/10 (-1 because of Index and -1 because of boat arc)
Dec 7, 2020 6:16 AM

Jan 2017
Rewatching this series makes me appreciate what the heck is going on behind the scenes, the whole looming war atmosphere was really lost on me when I first watched this a couple of years ago

That said, I sadly would have to lower my score from an 8 to a 7 now with the first half of this season being kinda meh, the AC Invasion arc is truly the highlight (maybe even for the whole series?)

If I were to rank the arcs:
Great
AC Invasion

Good
Orsola rescue
Italy boat

Meh
Kuroko vs Iwaki
Daihasei

yes I'm biased towards the big-scaled battle arcs lmao
Jun 29, 2022 5:39 AM
Oct 2019
it just okay i guess...

definitely not enjoying a lot of the Religion stuff.

so many storyline, kinda confusing tbh.

6/10 i guess, because of Accelerator and Mikoto.
Oct 31, 2022 8:45 AM

Dec 2020
Better than s1. More action packed and faster pace this time I think. But with that I felt liked it was rushed in some parts and I couldn't follow or understand some things in the last arc or two.
Dec 15, 2022 2:49 PM

Aug 2019
poor last order and just what has accelerator gotten himself into
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2023 12:55 PM

Jan 2021
Awesome last episode. These last few episode have been brilliant to watch and all due to accelerator. 
For some reason I just love the Toaru series. Yes its weird and rushed at some parts but its such an enjoyable watch. The enjoyment is all that matters to me.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 17, 2023 2:59 AM

Mar 2022
wtf is that "ending" by the way. Just some random episode where Touma do the usual Touma thing and.... abruptly end?

To be honest, ep 17-23 was enjoyable but the show as a whole is just a drag to watch. Overall 5/10.
go outside and actually farm plants.
Jul 12, 2023 12:24 PM

Jun 2017
Touma the ever so narcissist with his annoying speeches being a pawn of the classist faction .Class 0 was ragdolled in the game orchestrated by the elites.
Either way the final arc minus this episode had the ingredients to make it above par from the prequel.
Nov 14, 2023 5:34 PM
May 2020
touama just having another day being the hero and accelerator being the dark hero, really liked this season tbf
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Nov 2023
Well this was a really fun season of the series! I will watch more of Index- I mean this anime.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

138 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.