Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2011 2:10 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG!! That sempai is too fast at action. I guess he's too lonely with family matter and wants someone to be with him.

Even though his seiyuu's by the same seiyuu of America (Hetalia), but he really sounds like Riken (Hino-san's role in Otome Youkai Zakuro).

(even though it's not releasing date yet, I saw a streaming site already uploaded it. It's from a very slow-loading stream site, though. So please don't ask me where I found it.)
tsubasaloverSep 23, 2011 5:33 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 21, 2011 9:41 AM

Feb 2008
Just watched the chinese sub. My heart can't contain the happiness i'm feeling right now. Now just have to wait for eng sub.

Takano-san sure is fast. Ritsu-chan just confessed and you did that to him...

So...Takano-san's VA = Oga's (beelzubub) VA. No wonder it's so familiar.
Mar 21, 2011 7:17 PM

Nov 2007
Gosh...that was so pretty and cute etc.
Ok,i have no idea what they were talking about but i have really nice feeling after watching it:D

(also,Ritsu has exactly the same surname as my only real life Japanese male friend...so i was kind of loling when Takano was like "Onodera Onodera!" :D)
Mar 22, 2011 12:35 PM
Jul 2010
OMG SUPER CUTE and funny <3
I can't wait for the anime.
Mar 23, 2011 6:09 AM

Jul 2009
that was cute. Ritsu looks like one of those girly uke ;_;
but somehow, JR was better for me.
can't wait for the anime too.
Mar 23, 2011 1:40 PM

May 2010
Gahhh, waiting until april to see the anime is going to be awful, but I really want to see the subbed version of the oad first of all lmao *licks fingers clean* but the raw was mmm mmm delicious >:)
Mar 25, 2011 3:52 AM
Jul 2010
OMG!!!!it's very cute..ritsu very honest gyaaa
i can't wait for the anime kyaaaa
Mar 25, 2011 5:46 AM

Apr 2010
Gah, Ritsu was too much of girly uke, I can't take them T.T...
I liked the end the most :D...
Mar 25, 2011 6:26 AM

Dec 2009
Watched the RAW, haha.
I'm so incredibly happy! I was so caught up with the fact that the TV series will only air in April (which is only a few days away, but it feels like a terribly long wait...) that I completely forgot there was an OVA as well... o_o So it was a very pleasant surprise.

I was laughing when Ritsu threw himself on Takano's bed, and equally quickly, flew off it. And the fact that Takano was watching him... HAHA. The sudden ... scene... was a shocker though.

Well. The whole thing was rather sweet, I guess. Like fruitcakes with chocolate shavings on top.
Mar 29, 2011 9:34 AM

Aug 2010
Just watched it with spanish sub [I didn't understand anything anyways xD]. I really like it, especially the end. An interesting turn of events.

I can't find RAW version too. It should appear within a week or two [I think so].

Mar 30, 2011 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
I think it is a little unrealistic that the senpai agreed to date him. What are the chances that having a homolust for your upperclassmen would actually work out in a high school? I think extremely low. But I guess since it was all a dream it can slide.
Gar_LoganMar 30, 2011 7:40 PM
Mar 30, 2011 9:19 PM
Aug 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I think extremely low. But I guess since it was all a dream it can slide.

In fact, is not that "you can let it slide". It was a stupid dream, that's the idea. We can notice when he wakes up that the real world has nothing to do with his dream, it was just something he doesn't want to accept, but in fact, he likes..
Moreover the dream itself is like a parody of BL-mangas xDD.

Yes, BL parody in a BL. Welcome to Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (¿?).
Mar 31, 2011 1:12 AM

Oct 2008
Mar 31, 2011 2:05 AM

Jul 2007
I didnt know Kondo Takashi could make such an annoying voice, fits for an annoying uke T__T (but at least that uke was better when he 'woke up' from that dream, so there's still hope for the TV series..)
Mar 31, 2011 6:57 AM
Jul 2010
Sorry to disappoint you but as far as I know, half of the episode is not a dream.

Do manga readers agree?
Mar 31, 2011 8:18 AM

Nov 2008
If anyone can answer this please do. I LOVED the episode, but I was confused. What part of that dream was true or was it all just a dream. And was the ending something that did in fact happen in the past. I don't mind it all been a dream but I would like to know. Anyways that was super cute...I was smiling almost the whole time. I can't wait for the actual TV series.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 31, 2011 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
NorikoW said:
Sorry to disappoint you but as far as I know, half of the episode is not a dream.

Do manga readers agree?

Spoiler ahead.

The dream part was in vol 2 chap 4.5. Those scenes actually happened in the past before they split up. IMHO, Ritsu's dreams are flashbacks to enlighten the readers about their past.

NorikoW said: "Takano never conffessed in there."

Mar 31, 2011 9:54 AM

Jan 2011
I loved the Ova and can't wait for the anime!

I loved the part were Ritsu put back the book and then Saga picks it up to read the name :)
Although I AM wondering was that before the ''make-out scene in the library'' or after?
Mar 31, 2011 10:15 AM

Dec 2008
I was hoping for a little more smut, but nonetheless, it was still pretty good.
Mar 31, 2011 3:15 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
AWww Ritsu <3 I liked the ova <3 The voices were exactly as I imagined and damn it's so cute to see the flashbacks animated ! Ritsu was sooo cute xD <3

Aww Takano-san , I love you ~<3
Mar 31, 2011 5:49 PM

Sep 2009
Kenshin- said:
Moreover the dream itself is like a parody of BL-mangas xDD.
thats exactly what i thought XD

Liking Katsuyuki Konishi's voice a lot! Its perfect and hot.
The BGM is great, surprisingly. The cherry blossoms blowing during the bed scene (wanted a little of Aaahh!, senpai!, Nhhhghh, dame *tears flowing* but...oh well, hope to see them in the series XD) and the library was very beautiful.
The last part is what made the OVA amazing. Takano is quiet a sexy dude plus megane *drools*
Not going to write up my rating for the OVA as i am going to get criticized *he he*

Of course dying for the series. yaoi~I have missed you! <3
Apr 1, 2011 12:41 AM

Dec 2010
Was funny in places (Ritsu diving on the bed and sniffing it, hurhur) but other than that it was pretty medicore. The website I watched it on suggested it was Shounen-ai rather than yaoi (since I tend to avoid yaoi now, sometimes even Shounen-ai) so I watched it. Why is it classed as Yaoi on MAL anyway? The sex is implied, but it's not shown. Does that still class it as Yaoi? Bahh.

Anyway, I thought it was cute at first but everything seemed rushed. Like how they start "going out" so quickly (not my main bother with it but-) then Ritsu is told "I love you" so quickly like that? I prefer when feelings actually develop properly or atleast a bit before the "love" word is thrown in.

Oh and the reaosn I try to avoid Yaoi now is because of how quick characters are to jump into each others pants (but I suppose that's the whole point in Yaoi, right?), and how oftenly it has the case of Rape = True Love. Well one thing for it is that I'm glad this didn't have that. I suppose I'm just picky when it comes to any matter of "Love Stories"

I haven't decided if I'm going to bother with the Anime series or not.
Apr 3, 2011 5:31 AM

Aug 2008
I just watched this... I don't think thait it was great, but it wasn't bad too. Maybie this episode wasn't the best, but I want to watch TV series. After episode 0, I can't wait for TV series!^^
It's a shame that they're not together now, but... It will be on the anime when they're will be older.
I love bad guys like Takano. xD
Apr 3, 2011 4:34 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, that whole thing was...

...exactly like Junjou Romantica in every way imaginable. Junjou Romantica had me in hysterics just about all the time (especially during the dramatic scenes) so I'll be all over the TV series.
Apr 4, 2011 12:24 PM

Jun 2008
Loved it!
The ending was suprising, but i still liked it.
Can't wait for the actual show.
Apr 5, 2011 5:42 PM

Feb 2010
LOVED IT. I like that they kept u guessing if it was actually a dream or not... good stuff. Looking forward to series.
Apr 5, 2011 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
Really Cute >.<

Cept I was totally confused when he woke up. I don't want any spoilers so I'll wait for the series to hopefully clear it up for me.
Apr 9, 2011 4:04 PM

Jul 2010
I liked the episode, it was really sweet :) Things went a little fast but the end (when the senpai looked the uke's name up in the book) explains at least that he liked him even before the uke confessed to him... It would help if you have read the manga, it explains the situation (without reading the manga it's kinda confusing, I have to admit that;
Apr 10, 2011 8:42 PM

Oct 2010
so great! I really loved the ending! XD
May 20, 2011 3:07 PM
Mar 2011
I just realized they updated with 2 episodes!!
At least I can wait for something more after episode 12!!
12.5!!! ><
May 28, 2011 1:30 AM

Oct 2008
I kinda got confused at the end. o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 24, 2011 10:27 PM

Mar 2011
Funny thing is, pretty sure that was more of a flashback than Ritsu's subconcoiuse lustful day dream.. :3 -watching after watched the first season though.

Hahaha, junjou and sekaiichi kept me laughing a lot, and this does not fail to deliver.
-"Seems like he'll fit well here." , when Ritsu was freaking out about Takano!
-Come to the dark side :}
Sep 15, 2011 10:16 AM

Nov 2007
This was the reason why My Masamune knows Ritsu before he confessed! I like this episode! :DD Ahh~ Can't wait for the next season, hurry up! :DD
Sep 23, 2011 1:59 PM

Oct 2007
lol, takano was such an animal even when they were in high school
Dec 2, 2011 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer the recent Ritsu compared to his younger self.
Loving the last part (reality) and still loving Takano's loyalty :)
May 26, 2012 11:08 PM

Jul 2011
I'm so giggly because of this~

Takano was the best when he was in high school. So damn cute.
Jan 25, 2013 6:07 PM
Mar 2012
HAHAHA he really hasn't changed has he?!?!?
It would be so nice if he grew from awkward and shy to Tall, sleek and handsome! :D
Nevertheless, I luv Onoedera :)

Takano was so introverted in high school!
Not that there's anything wrong with that I mean I would have him all to myself. :D
May 12, 2014 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
So cute. It's making my heart melt.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 11, 2015 7:54 AM

Aug 2011
Having watched this after finishing the first series of the anime, the whole thing seemed like a distant, happy high school dream (partly due to the effect of the falling sakura petals; in the main series, the petals gave every high school flashback an ethereal, nostalgic touch) and I couldn't help but tear up a bit at the end ;_; So that's how Takano knew of Onodera before he confessed.

Such a beautiful episode. I'm pretty sure Takano was so willing to accept Onodera's feelings mostly because he's lonely and his family is a mess, but still. They were so effin cute together. So much so that I'd really like to see how their present selves will get together, finally.

The music at the end was so beautiful.
gyuuniuJan 11, 2015 7:58 AM
Jun 11, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
Mirorin said:

Takano was the best when he was in high school. So damn cute.

I second this. I like his face better when he was on high school lol.

On the contrary, I find Ritsu's behavior is annoying on his high school time. I like his personality on the present better :)
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Aug 2, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2016
OHMYGOOOD! THIS OVA IS SO BEAUTIFULLY DONE. I HONESTLY CRIED B-BECAUSE IT'S JUST SOBDARN BEAUTIFUL. This OVA is everything to me, and it made me love Takano x Ritsu much more now. And it pretty much showed what type of relationship Takano and Ritsu had before the misunderstanding; it breaks my heart so much. And lastly boooiii Takano showing his tongue. Hahaha! He's so fucking handsome in high school holy shit.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekaiichi Hatsukoi OVA Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

24 by Mayuka »»
Feb 6, 2014 8:28 AM

» PV to ep. 12.5

tsubasalover - Jun 14, 2011

3 by ImNotLulexiaa »»
Jul 29, 2011 1:51 PM

» Is this hentai? or just yaoi

Mimerio - Mar 25, 2011

10 by hyattisqueen »»
Apr 11, 2011 5:58 PM

» does anyone know when itwill be out?

Kurasza - Mar 10, 2010

12 by cr6zym0nkeyiz »»
Jan 21, 2011 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.