Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2011 7:45 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to wonder what the powers of the other hunters are.

The chick partnered with the young guy...Miho I think.
She has the power to read minds.
Robin has the power of fire.
Amon seems like he won't have any powers at all, or if he does doesn't use them.

I also have to wonder what the different between the people they are huntings powers, and their own powers.
Simply the manner in which they use them, branding anyone who uses powers in a certain negative manner "Witches" while they remain "Ok" because their powers are used for the apparent greater good...
Apr 5, 2012 9:37 PM

Aug 2008
Sabinlerose said:

I also have to wonder what the different between the people they are huntings powers, and their own powers.
Simply the manner in which they use them, branding anyone who uses powers in a certain negative manner "Witches" while they remain "Ok" because their powers are used for the apparent greater good...

They call themselves craft users while they hunt Witches.
Sounds like they are using 'lesser' arts while real witches can have powers and are selected by blood.

So maybe any normal humans can use these magic arts?
I don't know, they didn't explain that at all.

I like the art-style a lot. Pacing of the plot seems pretty good too.
Aug 15, 2013 6:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I was surprised that that one lady could read minds...guess they're not all normal humans or something? Robin definitely acts like kid, I love how she couldn't sit still and walked around while reading out loud. She also seems to like being useful, but Amon doesn't give her many orders though he's technically in charge of her. I also wonder why they have a no killing policy, as apposed to the headquarters where Robin worked at before. I guess they have some suspicions towards Robin too.
Dec 23, 2013 11:39 PM

Nov 2009
I don't get it . . . Is Robin not a witch too? I mean they called her a crafter or whatever, but so was that Witch they took down in the first episode . . . I figured it was a type of Witch, yet she seems to think of witches as the devil leading me to think she isn't one herself. So is there a third party besides Witches and humans? Either way, somewhat interesting, though hope it evolves from the kind of basic plot of having an enemy to beat each episode.
May 26, 2014 6:49 AM

Aug 2013
Kind of surprising how the other female squad member have the ability to read minds. I thought they were all normal humans with tools for witch-hunting. I hope they explain the difference between craft users and witches soon.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 1, 2015 12:10 AM

Jul 2008
I'm starting to remember how slow a burn this series was. Amon was always the most interesting guy in the show from what I remember.
Aug 25, 2016 11:50 AM

Feb 2013
Her first case ended quite easily, that guy wasn't strong.
Mar 14, 2018 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
Everything in this episode is too calm, even the action is very static. You begin to understand better the work of the protagonist and the roles of the other characters. The soundtrack is catchy and is starting to like me too.
Apr 18, 2020 10:00 PM
Mar 2019
The episode was quite interesting
I like the vibe and it reminds me of Phantom requiem for a phantom, the anime about the hitman.
Amon looks very interesting as a well, he gives me kogami shinya and levi ackerman vibes all in one. Also, why does she look alot like the girl in violet evergarden??
Jan 5, 2021 9:55 AM
Jan 2021
This episode wasn't as action packed as the first but it's definitely brought some intrigue to light that I'm curious to find out about.

Why does the STN-J have such a deep suspicion of the bosses above them? I like the idea that they capture witches but I wonder if it puts them at odds with their superiors? I don't want to believe there will be some sort of purge but everyone seems a bit worried.

I wonder if any of the other characters have significant powers? I noticed Miho is able to read a person from touching them. I wonder what the other characters can manifest? Do any of them have elemental powers like Robin?

Also, Michael has a stupid haircut XD
Jan 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Aug 2011
Even though it's 2 eps in I'm really enjoying the atmosphere of this show lol. The dying for the hunters' clothes (especially Robin's trench coat) but idk how she can walk normally with that long ass train of a dress???

Also, I'm loving the opening song/the rest of the soundtrack!
desu desu binches
Jun 22, 2021 5:43 AM

Aug 2017
Robin's living room had framed pictures of butterflies attached on the wall. Is this a Terayama reference?! Either direct or not (through Utena)

Also gotta appreciate the post-credit "previews". Gotta keep track of them and how they relate to the episodes.

The chilling background music gives me strong Petite Cossette vibes but apparently they didn't share any sound/musical staff.
St0rmbladeJun 22, 2021 5:47 AM
May 23, 2022 12:07 PM

Jan 2020
Robin seems all-around dissatisfied so far; with her current role and the general outcome of their missions. I'd like to see some more internal monologue from her. Or just a general idea of her thoughts and feelings.

I like the general atmosphere of the series, it's fostering my depressive outlook. I'm looking forward to sinking deeper into this -- to relish the feeling and see where it all leads.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 12, 2022 1:19 PM

May 2013
どう思いますか?
May 30, 2023 4:43 PM

Aug 2017
It was an ok episode, Robin got to know her workspace and her colleagues, I wonder what's the origins of witches, is there an organisation behind it or each episode is gonna have a different villain unrelated to the previous one, also Robin said the witches aren't humans, so are they also the same because they also possess powers.
Many questions needs to be unswered, we'll see.
Oct 3, 2023 10:07 AM

Dec 2022
This episode was much better. The case was more cohesive and the interactions appeared to be more fruitful. Robin remains a very mysterious character, but I'm sure future episodes will flesh her out a bit.

Character designs seem generally fine, but the side profiles look very odd and droopy, especially around the jaw area.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 10, 1:25 PM

Apr 2017
This was the episode that had me watch through the whole thing. Great use of the Flame soundtrack.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 12 Discussion

tingy - Aug 16, 2013

13 by EvantheNerd83 »»
Feb 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 26 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 21, 2011

44 by twennyhundy »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 7 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 10, 2011

17 by fikriyeager »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 14 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 14, 2011

16 by Ilfracombe »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 10 Discussion

alcurad - Jan 27, 2011

14 by Ilfracombe »»
Oct 8, 2023 4:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.