Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2011 11:50 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Vampire Knight 69 [raw preview]
http://community.livejournal.com/vampire_knight/901984.html

Vampire Knight 69 [full raw]
http://community.livejournal.com/vampire_knight/902910.html
LittleStarFeb 24, 2011 8:09 AM
Feb 24, 2011 9:09 AM

Nov 2007
Yuuki starts acting since there might be something happened to Zero, and in this confusing situation for the vampire: to reestablish night class.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 26, 2011 7:56 PM

Oct 2009
Scanlation is up! (check latest comments in SGK's livejournal entry)

I liked it a lot. The story is starting to pick up again, Yuki has definitely become more mature and is handling herself really well. Also her powers seem to be sucking memories out of people? Interesting.

BUT DAMN IT THAT ZEKI MOMENT WAS FAIL =( I hope she runs into Zero instead of chasing Kaname ><
Feb 27, 2011 10:34 AM

Jan 2009
Zero walked right by her without saying a word. :/

So they let Yuuki go so she can punish the vampire that got away from Zero. Maybe she'll meet up with Zero then if he goes after the same vampire. Also from what I got from the child's memories is that the vampire got away because Zero noticed the blood on the child's knees?

What I want to know is how did all the vampires find out so fast that Kaname had disappeared?!

Such a touching moment between Aidou and yuukii, and Aidou realizes his father accepted what Kaname did. LOL at Yuuki trying to comfort him and his reaction "..........what are you doing" And Aidou is going to stay with Yuuki and protect her since Kaname asked him to. Even though it appears Kaname is doing something wrong, they all have so much faith in him. At least that's the way I see it.

And poor Kaien...."The first time we've talked in a long time and I've hit her and interrogated her. I'm such a bad parent." He's always good for lolz.

I also have to wonder if this is where Sara tries to come to the forefront and take over as the head of the vampires.
JadedLoverFeb 27, 2011 4:48 PM

Mar 1, 2011 9:05 PM

May 2010
T.T Zero didn't even look at Yuuki. *sniff. Well, can't really blaim him I gues..<.<
Hopefully after Yuuki left, her and Zero will cross paths again. <3

p.s yuuki needs to getover kaname. :P
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 1, 2011 9:40 PM

Dec 2010
I really like how Yuuki seems to have matured, and I too wish there was more Zeki action in this chapter :( (I'm reallllly hoping that eventually there will be a chapter where Yuuki actually bites Zero xD )

At any rate, I guess we all can't be that surprised by Yuuki or Aidou's reaction considering they had a conversation when she was human about how even in Kaname betrayed them they still would remain loyal. (Kaname turned Yuuki back into a vampire without her permission [is that betrayal ? ], Kaname killed Aidou's dad, both are as loyal as ever). Aidou's loyalty was put to the test (was that a flashback image, the one featuring the man and the little kid, of Aidou and his dad? :( ) and it seems like he's trying his best to accept the situation like his father, but I love how Yuuki tried to help him out too :)

As for Kaname, I'm not a Kaname fan, so I agree, I really hope next chapter Yuuki and Zero share more than "glances"--Zeki fans deserve more than that after all this waiting this entire arc! *grumble grumble* (LOL Now I'm starting to sound ridiculous... way too late for me xD)

I'm also interested to see what's happening with Sara soon--we haven't heard from her in a while either. Also the pureblood little kid who attacked Yuuki--he seemed interesting, and I have a feeling he'll play a larger role later on.
Mar 1, 2011 10:00 PM

Dec 2010
Zero <333
FINALLY, LESS KANAME IN THE MANGA! JUST FINALLY! <333
Mar 1, 2011 10:33 PM

Aug 2010
I completely predicted Zero would walk past her without a word, I wish he would stop being so stuck up about the situation.

I really hate that everyone still acts as if Yuuki will kill an innocent child, or any one for that matter just because there is blood in the air. She's much more mature than that..

Really glad Aidou stuck around..he's really sweet.

Next chapter in 23 days :) have a feeling the story is really going to pick up now..with what yuuki is going to do in the pureblood authority, whether she'll cooperate with the hunter association to stop sara's plans and unravel kaname's. it's going to be interesting :)
ashewynMar 1, 2011 10:37 PM
Mar 2, 2011 6:30 AM

Dec 2008
Why do I have a feeling that this is going to end with Yuki having to kill Kaname?
Mar 2, 2011 12:54 PM

Jan 2009
SpiritedSarah said:
was that a flashback image, the one featuring the man and the little kid, of Aidou and his dad? .

No. That was the vampire that Zero was after.

SpiritedSarah said:
Kaname turned Yuuki back into a vampire without her permission [is that betrayal ? ].

I don't know if you recall, but she was kinda going crazy with the memories at that time. He had no choice. So I wouldn't call that betrayal. Plus she was a vampire first. She is what she is.

Mar 2, 2011 1:01 PM

Jan 2009
^Can't edit because of the freaking lag on here. Didn't Rido say she would awaken anyway? With or without his blood?

Mar 2, 2011 1:19 PM

Aug 2010
JadedLover said:
^Can't edit because of the freaking lag on here. Didn't Rido say she would awaken anyway? With or without his blood?

Yeah I believe he did say so, I mean the bind her mother put on her could only last so long, she wanted to have as much of a human life as she could. And at least be protected and kept in the dark for some time.
Mar 2, 2011 2:27 PM

Jan 2009
wintercrush said:
JadedLover said:

Yeah I believe he did say so, I mean the bind her mother put on her could only last so long, she wanted to have as much of a human life as she could. And at least be protected and kept in the dark for some time.

It could have lasted a lifetime though. Isaya's child grew up, grew old and died. Yuuki just tried too hard to remember.

Mar 2, 2011 8:39 PM

Aug 2010
JadedLover said:
wintercrush said:
JadedLover said:

It could have lasted a lifetime though. Isaya's child grew up, grew old and died. Yuuki just tried too hard to remember.

Yeah I know, I mean it wasn't helping that things around her were so sketchy. I know I like yuuki being more mature now, but sometimes I'd wish she'd be a little like her human self.
Mar 3, 2011 8:33 AM

Jan 2009

We did get to see some of that at least when she was off offering her 'services' to the other pure bloods.

I just read the MangaCurse translation since someone else mentioned them in the last chapter. How horrible. Anyone who reads it I would suggest reading another one. It has lots of points ALL WRONG. (They tried at least though.)

Mar 3, 2011 11:22 AM

Apr 2009
Villetta_Nu said:
Why do I have a feeling that this is going to end with Yuki having to kill Kaname?

Hopefully that's not gonna happen Oo

But wth.... Oo The last three chapters have been so confusing..
First he tells her that they're gonna start over, then he kills Aidou's dad and turns everyone against himself. Wtf, Kaname? ><

I really hope everything works out well for him and Yuuki...
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 3, 2011 10:23 PM

Dec 2010
SpiritedSarah said:
Kaname turned Yuuki back into a vampire without her permission [is that betrayal ? ].

I don't know if you recall, but she was kinda going crazy with the memories at that time. He had no choice. So I wouldn't call that betrayal. Plus she was a vampire first. She is what she is.

I understand she was going crazy at the time, and that she is what she is, I was simply trying to come up with an instance where he "betrayed" her similar to Aidou, hence my "?". :) And as you said, the seal would've probably stuck if she wasn't trying so hard to recover her memories, inducing a break down. However, I still can't help but remember (please don't throw stones at me!) when I saw the scene where Yuuki was turned in the anime with a friend (we saw the anime first ) that she said it reminded her of a rape scene. I guess her impression has stuck with me since and why I thought it was somewhat of a betrayal. Kaname did do it out of desperation because he was watching the girl he loved fall apart, however I just hate how it seemed like Yuuki didn't have much of a say in such a huge matter :(
Mar 4, 2011 6:37 AM

Apr 2009
@the person above-
She chose to be with him, didn't she?

SpiritedSarah said:
I was simply trying to come up with an instance where he "betrayed" her similar to Aidou, hence my "?". :)

Well, he never betrayed her, so... oo
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 6, 2011 5:15 AM

Nov 2009
Good chapter. I'll agree it seems like things are picking up again. I found the past two chapters pretty interesting.
Mar 6, 2011 5:22 AM

Nov 2009
Good chapter. I'll agree it seems like things are picking up again. I found the past two chapters pretty interesting.
Mar 6, 2011 10:18 PM

Apr 2009
So err, basically I've definitely lost track of what's happening and all. Ah well. ^_^;
Mar 7, 2011 10:04 AM

Jan 2011
Villetta_Nu said:

That's exactly what I'm thinking! I'm actually starting to hope that Yuki ends up with Zero...weird cause I'm a Kaname x Yuki fan...But anyways, remember chapter 66 what Aidou (the father) said to Yuki?

What in the heck is Kaname planning? When did he become the "bad guy"? And did Aidou, know what Kaname is planning?

Ahhh I wanna know so bad!
Mar 8, 2011 6:50 AM

Apr 2009
CamelliaHeart said:
That's exactly what I'm thinking! I'm actually starting to hope that Yuki ends up with Zero...weird cause I'm a Kaname x Yuki fan...

Nuuuuuuuuu~ DDD8

I honestly think that there is a reasonable explanation for everything.
Like, it seemed like Aidou just let Kaname kill him him.

Anyway, if Yuuki and Zero end up together I'll be really pissed for wasting so much time on this manga. It's been around 3 or 4 years since I've started reading it... That ending would just be too simple.
deadoptimist said:
Mar 10, 2011 8:21 AM

Jan 2010
Kaname is finally gone, for now. I guess I can enjoy the next few chapters before Kaname Fuckuran comes back.

I'm still convinced that Zero and Yuuki'll end up together. There was way too much build up in the school arc, and every moment that Yuuki and Zero share together are actually interesting. Whereas with Kaname and Yuuki it is so mind-blowing boring. And let's face it, Kaname will die at the end of the manga. There's way too much foreshadowing for that to even be denied anymore.
Mar 10, 2011 3:13 PM

Jan 2011
I'm really worried about Takuma :( We haven't seen him for ages now, and last we saw he kind of betrayed Sara...
It would seem logical to me for Hino-san to kill him off because a) drama! and b) none of the protagonists have really died and c) it would give Kaname motivation to act.
Buuut I don't want him to diiiiiie :<
Mar 16, 2011 2:47 AM

Sep 2010
The plot thickens!! Why the hell did Kaname kill Aidou's dad? I wonder if anyone has an ideas about that?

As for Zero!! I wanna see more of him! He should just go and talk to Yuuki!
Always Smile. Stay Classy.
Jul 1, 2011 7:23 AM

Aug 2009
Villetta_Nu said:

Me too~

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jan 2, 2012 9:41 PM

Jan 2010
I am still for ZeroxYuukixKaname xD and they all live happily ever after hahah :D

But i really don't get what Kaname is exactly planning :/ It's all so mixed up, and have you seen Yuuki's wings, and power :D It's cool :D At least we find out what her power is :D
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Nov 8, 2012 6:48 PM

Jun 2011
Yuki has redeemed herself in my eyes in wanting to help find the vampires who hurt that child. When she was looking into the kids memories and I saw Zero's face and he looked so sad and my heart broke. And there may be a chance for the night class to be reassembled. Yay :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.