Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 21, 2022 3:21 AM
Aug 2021
Replette said:
Kot_Schlyopa said:
Am I missing something? I don't understand why sayaka has a problem with her soul being in a gem. Sayaka never even knew about the concept of soul. It doesn't really change anything at all. Its for the better because it takes pain away and makes healing possible. Its just that she must not let the gem stone be too distant from her. Its kind if weird that kyubei didn't tell this because if someone were to go on a bus trip and forget their gemstone at home, they'd die. Also what happens to the soul in the gem stone after a body is destroyed? I wonder.

Damn you sound like kyubey lol.

I think it's what she values as a magical girl that her reaction is more skeptical than kyoko or homura, she has always seen this magical girl system as a way to be hero so when kyubey revealed about the concept of soul gem it didn't line up with the values of what she considers magical girl should be, and it was not even mentioned plus she is a 14 year old kid.

For example it's like you get a pig heart for heart transplant without knowing and your body doesn't have any problems until someone reveals the truth you start to feel disheartened and disgusted to have done something like that by someone you trust.

In case of a pig heart transplant, people might feel disgusted because of how disgust and dirtyness is associated with pigs. However this is not the case with a gemstone which no one consider disgusting. Plus soul is a very abstract concept that non religious/spiritual people don't even care about. If getting a pig heart transplant is necessary for something i want to do and it doesn't cause any change then i would be surprised at first and slightly pissed for no one telling me about it but wouldn't care much about it. If I was in Sayaka's place, then I'd be pissed but only because of the fact that Kyubei didn't tell me about the fact thag I can't keep the gemstone too far from myself or it'll cause my death. I think sayaka is simply dumb to become all depressed and refuse to confess to her crush just because her soul is in a gem stone instead of her physical body when it doesn't change anything but even reduces her pain and makes healing possible. I don't think it conflicts in any way to her ideal image of a magical girl. It feels so weird to me that it feels as if Sayaka shouldn't genuinely feel this way but is only doing so because the author wanted to force the story in her direction. The only logical explanation for her to feel this way would be that she has some weird religious ideas about soul which can't be true in Japan or based on how those religious ideas are mever explored.
Mar 22, 2022 6:46 AM

Mar 2015
Kot_Schlyopa said:
It feels so weird to me that it feels as if Sayaka shouldn't genuinely feel this way but is only doing so because the author wanted to force the story in her direction.

Is it really odd that a person would feel this way? Is it odd that a kid gets sad when they realize Santa's not real? Is it odd that a person losing faith after 40 years of devout practice would feel devastated or lost?

Even if a person doesn't place such a weight on concepts such as souls, is it really that hard to understand that there are many other people who do? Sayaka is just one such person, and it is not unbelievable to me at all that she would feel that way.
Jun 10, 2022 3:00 PM
Nov 2020
In my opinion sayaka is acting like a bitch now like she hates hitomi for sneaking her like that? Like bro just confess to him ur love b4 her. its not that hard bozo. Cry
Jul 31, 2022 8:06 AM

Jun 2016
Has Hitomi been talking to Madoka's mum about creating a "mistake", cause nothing, and I mean nothing has been hinted at her liking Kamijou, unless it was all done off-screen, which is dull af. It just feels like her way of helping Sayaka, which may actually be the polar opposite effect. If she really does like him, well damn, what a sneaky bitch, lol.

Once again, I can relate to the problem Sayaka is having, but when you say something like "I can't hold or kiss him", whilst simultaneously holding Madoka, it kind of defeats that purpose, imo. So what if you are a "zombie" go for him anyway. You still feel and think, right?

Aug 14, 2022 9:57 PM
Jan 2021
wow that was very interesting
Aug 23, 2022 5:51 AM
Aug 2022
Ah okay so Kyoko does have a valid reason for being how she is. Kinda reminds me of Asuka actually.

The art direction in this is really incredible. The creepy puppet look during the flashback and the fight entirely being between silhouettes.
Sep 8, 2022 1:47 PM
Aug 2022
This episode definitely fleshed out Kyoko more, so that was pretty cool. The way how Sayaka changed was also interesting. Though I feel like at the same time Sayaka also is way too distraught over the fact that her soul was now stored in the gem. Like damn, it's not really that big of a deal. Also was that whole thing with Hitomi having the same crush as Sayaka felt like a lowkey stupid thing to include, or maybe not, I might need to eat my words in the later episodes. Anyways 4 stars because I liked Kyoko's backstory, it made her feel more human.
Oct 23, 2022 4:29 AM

Sep 2021
Great ep. Sayaka's mental degradation is a sight. Also, I like the way Kyouko's character was fleshed out. Really enjoying this rewatch.
Jan 15, 2023 1:20 PM
Jan 2023
I absolutely adore Sayaka's character development. Alongside the sleek and stylish visual Sayaka's multi-layered character is up there with the show's biggest highlights for me. However, I really feel like something should happen already with Madoka's character because she's very static and a little bit too cheesy and boring for a protagonist which is to say I just don't find her on-screen time that engaging compared to the rest of the cast. Overall, though another good episode, especially that fight scene at the end.
Mar 9, 2023 1:48 AM
Jan 2018
At this rate Madoka is going to become a magical girl in the last episode isn’t she ?

Why… when you see her everywhere on posters and the OP as a magical girl but the reality is she doesn’t become till near the end. That’s pretty annoying isn’t it ?
Apr 22, 2023 8:51 PM

Jul 2022
I love how the characters break little by little, I still don't connect enough with Sayaka but it's gratifying.

wtf, I rarely use the word gratifying xddd
Jul 21, 2023 1:07 AM
Jul 2023
bro sayaka is really breaking now
Sep 2, 2023 3:30 AM
Sep 2023
I liked what do you need of me
Sep 12, 2023 7:27 AM
Oct 2019
Kyubey doesn't give a fck LMAO

What is this Godly OST?? i love it!!

Sayaka become unhinged!!
Sep 27, 2023 9:46 AM

Feb 2020
think I really like Kyouko
heh all the character design in this anime makes me want to pinch every characters cheeks though

Oct 1, 2023 9:07 AM

Oct 2018
The red haired girl always right
Feb 28, 12:08 PM

Oct 2016
Am I the one one who wishes Hitomi to die? Worse friend of all times... Imagine ur best friend says she ll confess to the boy you clearly love and only gives you 1 day to think about it. What an insensitive B****.
Mar 23, 11:36 PM

Dec 2022
man those first 6 episodes were kind of a drag but this is starting to really burn hot
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.