Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2011 8:46 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Suite Precure has begun :P thoughts? expectations?

awesome ep loved it :D
sakaMar 7, 2011 3:56 PM
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Feb 6, 2011 9:24 AM

Feb 2008
You violance the rules !!

You should write your own thoughts in this anime! Before expecting others to write!

-

Well it was all right episode, it was kind of different then others.
First episode didn't start with battle just with transformation that was so awesome!!

Next previews

Precure Disbanded!

I got a feeling such a think have happend before but of course it won't disband and they become closer later.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 6, 2011 9:42 AM

Dec 2009
I found this episode to be very different from the regular precures, but I'm a little upset with character appearances. </3 The bad guy is very unlikeable and his appearance looks nothing like the other villains, he looks kind of bland to me. The trio looks bleh, only happen with the black cat. (forgot her name)
The music isn't as good as I thought it would be, and I felt that this episode did tooo much explaining.
Overall it was okay, just maybe I had too much high expectations for this anime.
Feb 6, 2011 10:52 AM

Mar 2010
This is an anime for 7 year olds right ? it’s like bunch of barbies doing stupid stuff.. :) if i was 7 i would watch it, but as i’m 16 i find it unbeneficial for my brain. Nothing else to say. :D have fun watching.
Feb 6, 2011 12:51 PM

Nov 2008
Blackbird said:

I got a feeling such a think have happend before but of course it won't disband and they become closer later.

The 1st Precure

Some points

-Animation is excellent

-Monster design is much better (Neganote>Desertrian)

-Like the tension between Kanade and Hibiki

-Hummy is cute, good with comebacks, but is too optimistic, tone it down a bit sugar.

-The only really bad point is the music, it's average at best.

-Neat transformations (I enjoyed it more than Heartcatch)

The bad guy is terrible as well (his voice annoys me)

I'll see the next episode.

Feb 6, 2011 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
I always been a Precure fan you can't justice everything on first episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 6, 2011 2:05 PM

Feb 2010
I haven't watched any of the previous "Precures" but I guess I don't need to, or?

Pink Hibiki is so cute, I want to take her home.
Feb 6, 2011 4:22 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, the animations is really cool and good. I'm liking how the two girls don't get along but they secretly are still friends in their own minds (and they want to be friends again). Siren looks awesome in human form, so I'm hoping she's the bad gal most of the serious since the three other dudes are kind of bizarre.
Feb 6, 2011 5:17 PM

Sep 2007
Hey hey hey !
Really good start for me ...
Feb 6, 2011 6:41 PM

Jul 2008
I like the transformation sequences and I like the main characters. The animation is really nice too.

I am not sure if I like the overall story as much as Heartcatch though, but I guess I shouldn't judge that after only one episode.

As for the dynamic between the main characters, I really like it, but I am not sure if it will last. After we get their backstory next episode they might just make up and be friends. I hope they keep up the back-and-forth they have though.
Feb 7, 2011 5:31 AM

Apr 2010
Anyone going to mention that they had instruments that played themselves? Cause that distracted me for a few minutes. The episodes was good, but the opening and ending weren't that good and that's a little dissapointing after Heartcatch.
Feb 7, 2011 6:24 AM

Jun 2010
cant wait to see the action scene...

Still, the transformation scene is not as orgasmic as yes precure
Feb 7, 2011 8:51 AM

Aug 2010
Sasuke10271994 said:
Anyone going to mention that they had instruments that played themselves?

Haha, that made me laugh. The whole beginning in Major Land was pretty weird but hopefully they will stick to just precure and Earth.
Feb 7, 2011 11:58 AM

Jan 2008
sailor moon rip off anyone? lmao
this episode was so ridiculous it was hilarious xDDD.
i guess the kids need magical shojo so it's pretty good for its genre, but I'll be passing on this series lol.
avatar credit goes to Tifa@MAL ::tnx!::
Feb 7, 2011 1:08 PM

Feb 2008
If you are not a fan of Mahou Shoujo you won't like this at all but I'm a fan of it.

Come on I'm 20 years old and still watching this!

I did watch Sailor moon for a couple of weeks ago, both live action and anime.
I know that Sailor moon fit more as a kid show but can't help to watch it.

Feb 7, 2011 2:43 PM

Oct 2007
I am a 25 years old guy and I still watching Mahou Shoujo show like a little girl.

Was the genre bad? Yeah, in a way. But that also mean every other genres are bad too because someone can't watch them. If you find yourself enjoy it then I think it is good enough for a show.

As for Sailor moon, it is like the legendary Mahou Shoujo anime. But saying this show is a ripoff from Sailor moon is not totally right. Sailor moon has a theme about friendship and love while Precure has friendship and its own theme(flower, Music...)

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 7, 2011 5:20 PM

Jul 2009
This is my first Precure♪ so I'll sound like a n00b.

I didn't like the villans with the exception of Siren/Ellen. I love black cats, sue me. The two Precures look fine pre-transformation but post I think only Rhythm looks good. Melody has too much pink on her. Next, HUMMY IS PRECIOUS. I love his clueless optimism.
The music was alright with OP > ED but I hope to see a little more emphasis on music as the series progresses. Surely one I'll be keeping up with~
Feb 7, 2011 9:15 PM

Dec 2007
Siren and Hummy are so far the best part of this show. The animation was surprisingly stellar, and the tensions between the Precure warriors is a breath of fresh air (I'm currently watching Splash Star, those two got chummy WAY too damned fast). Bad guys reek of "yawn" though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2011 4:51 AM

Mar 2009
ten6cha said:
sailor moon rip off anyone? lmao
this episode was so ridiculous it was hilarious xDDD.
i guess the kids need magical shojo so it's pretty good for its genre, but I'll be passing on this series lol.

Why don't you try to think of something a little more original next time.

You do realize this is like the 8th or 9th PreCure series, and I'm sure at least a thousand people have said that about every PreCure series.

Great start, I've only watched the original series so far, and I'm seeing a lot of similarities.

Overall, I like the looks of the PreCure, but the villains left a little to be desired.
Except Siren, she is win!

Looking forward to more!

Urahara Out!!
Feb 8, 2011 8:46 AM

Dec 2010
lol what the hell? This anime isn't for me at all. It's too cutesy and just weird (violins playing themselves and a Majesty named Aphrodite? LOL)

The antagonist looks pretty mean but lame.

Animation/Graphics are good though I've got to hand it to them. Others probably will like it

Feb 8, 2011 7:39 PM

Mar 2010
Hoppy said:
Blackbird said:

-Hummy is cute, good with comebacks, but is too optimistic, tone it down a bit sugar.

Well, Hummy is voiced my Sailor Moon's voice actor, or so I've been told. :D

Loved this! Good refresher from the supreme girl-y-ness of HCPC and somewhat Fresh.
Feb 9, 2011 12:57 AM

Sep 2009
This is also my first precure show. To be honest I'm not sure why I decided to watch this (probably the character designs). Seems interesting enough, I thought the beginning was a little weird though.

I noticed that the previous season, Heartcatch, is rated PG-13. Right now this season is rated G...do these ratings get updated as the show goes on? Also, I noticed that Heartcatch seemed to have a higher ranked score, so maybe I should also check out that season. Is it really good compared to the others?
Feb 9, 2011 9:39 AM

Jul 2010
saxophone15 said:
I noticed that the previous season, Heartcatch, is rated PG-13. Right now this season is rated G...do these ratings get updated as the show goes on? Also, I noticed that Heartcatch seemed to have a higher ranked score, so maybe I should also check out that season. Is it really good compared to the others?
Heartcatch is the best Precure series IMO.

As for Suite, I liked the first episode. Kinda slow, but it's an establishing episode. Next few episodes should pick things up. Favorite character is the cat girl Siren.
Feb 9, 2011 10:26 AM

Sep 2009
@TitanXL: Thanks...I'll checkout Heartcatch at some point then.
Feb 13, 2011 1:17 AM

Mar 2010
Just one question: I consider to watch the series but I haven't seen any Precure series yet. Do you guys recommend watching it? Thx in advance.
Feb 16, 2011 3:47 PM

Jan 2011
Daisuken, the previous Precure (Heartcatch Precure) is, and probably always will be, probably the best in the series, but Suite isn't bad either. (=

Anyway, please don't tell me there's going to be a precure for every one of those jewel things. -__- That's way too many precures for one season.
Feb 18, 2011 1:20 PM

Apr 2010
CCZilla said:
I'm currently watching Splash Star, those two got chummy WAY too damned fast

I thought that too.
Feb 27, 2011 4:19 AM

Nov 2007
23 year old here, first time in mahou shoujo thingy, yoroshiku! 8)
Mar 10, 2011 7:57 PM

Apr 2009
Hrm, I'm pretty new to actual Mahou Shoujo shows, I mean the one's I have seen already are more like parodies or deconstructions.

This is sickeningly innocent and childish o.e but somehow I still want to watch. On to episode 2 o.o

Mar 14, 2011 3:49 PM

Jul 2009
-Lunacie said:
Daisuken, the previous Precure (Heartcatch Precure) is, and probably always will be, probably the best in the series, but Suite isn't bad either. (=

Anyway, please don't tell me there's going to be a precure for every one of those jewel things. -__- That's way too many precures for one season.

I think so too. In the OP you see Melody and Rhythm using two others besides pink and white so that's four gone. The purple one is already used by that Mystery Precure so I think they'll be one more

cafe-kun said:
23 year old here, first time in mahou shoujo thingy, yoroshiku! 8)

Welcome to cute, pink and fluffy.

Orio94 said:
Hrm, I'm pretty new to actual Mahou Shoujo shows, I mean the one's I have seen already are more like parodies or deconstructions.

This is sickeningly innocent and childish o.e but somehow I still want to watch. On to episode 2 o.o

It's so cute and pink and MAGICAL!
Mar 21, 2012 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
Awwwwwwwwwww fuck yeah, did you see those lolis cosplaying as the new Precure at the end?
Way to start off a new season!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2013 5:57 PM

Dec 2008
So this is my first Precure series.
Gotta say...All the Kanade x Hibiki doujinshi I've read make sense now...These two are more coupley than Nanoha x Fate!

Good first episode. Siren's so pretty in cat form <3

Oh...and the OST sounds a lot like Fairy Tail's...
NO WONDER! It's the same guy! I'm going to love this.
sarroushMay 11, 2013 6:06 PM
Jul 18, 2017 5:03 PM

Nov 2012
8th precure I've watch and the first in 6 months since finishing Heartcatch. One of the lesser talked about series so wonder how it'll turn out, only real thing I hear about this series is the yuri shipping for Kanade x Hibiki which I don't care for at all.

Already not a fan of the trio of lackeys and the music is average so far for something centered around that theme and well didn't like the transformation scenes either compared to others in the franchise, despite all of that it was still an alright first episode.
Sep 3, 2017 11:16 PM

Nov 2011
It took me about half the episode to get into the right frame of mind. I like the setting, but the Big Bad is perhaps the least intimidating I've seen in any Precure I've watched so far (Futari wa & Max Heart, Fresh, Heartcatch, and Go! Princess). The Big Good seems a bit overplayed as well, but eh. I can live with it.

I liked both Hummy and Siren. Hummy seems like the perfect combination of witty and optimistic (kinda reminiscent of Kero-chan in Cardcaptor Sakura), and I like that she doesn't seem to get scared or riled too easily like certain other faries. As for Siren, I like that he brings some seriousness to the antagonist's side since they otherwise have very little, plus you don't see dark faries all that often in mahou shoujo.

Hibiki's and Kanade are taking heavy inspiration from the original Cure Black and White from Futari wa Precure, at least on the surface level. Hibiki is the sporty one, being analogous to Nagisa, and Kanade is the smart one, being analogous to Honoka. Their Precure outfits take similar inspiration, with Cure Melody having the same bare midriff as Cure Black and Cure Rhythm having the more elegant looking full dress. Both outfits are more frilly/girly than their original's, however.

As for design, overall I think this world has a lot of style. I still prefer Heartcatch's slightly, but I'd say the monster design seems like it might be a bit better. Both faries look good, as does the Big Bad's design. I'm neutral on the Big Good's design, and the Minor Trio's designs are kinda meh but okay. For the Cure designs: I think Melody's design feels a little overly saturated in pink, which is odd since I never minded it with Cure Blossom. It looks pretty alright, in any case. I really like Rhythm's design though. The green eyes really pop with the white dress and blonde hair as a backdrop.

The animation looks pretty good all around. It didn't give me a mindblowing fight in the first episode like Go! Princess did, but then again Heartcatch didn't either, and fighting-wise I still prefer Heartcatch the most (though to be fair that's a tone issue as much as it is an animation one in that case; Go! Princess might be slightly better animated). I'll have to see the next episode to get an idea of what to expect from the combat in this iteration.

As for the plotline... Suite might be a bit too sweet for my current watching mood, but we'll see. It's only the first episode after all.
Nov 27, 2017 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
This is my first time watching Precure, but from what I've seen I'm getting kinda hyped for the battle scenes.
Also I know this is painfully obvious, but Hibiki and Kanade?? :thinking:
Jul 26, 2021 5:34 AM
Dec 2020
I'm not sure what to think about this episode. The animation looks quite good, especially at the beginning. The bad boss design is terrible, he looks flat and boring, same thing for the other bad guys except Siren. Hummy's scenes are quite funny, together with the tension between Hibiki and Kanade. The music is average, and the transformation was just ok.
I must say this season looks really different from Heartcatch.
Jan 6, 2022 3:48 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, late OP.

Young Hibiki kinda looks like Nagisa.

I like the new angle they're going with, with Hibiki and Kanade being childhood friends who had a falling out.

Ellen/Siren seems to be prime redemption-into-Precure material, but I wonder if Hummy will also get the same treatment - like Hikari from Max Heart and Miruku from Yes! - since the show keeps drawing comparisons between Hummy and Siren and the main characters.

I had this thought while watching the Heartcatch movie, but there's a part of me that wishes that Precure monsters would stop "humanifying" the objects by giving them arms, legs, torsos, etc. It might be cool if the objects retainined more of their original shape and went for an "incomprehensible geometry" angle, like some of the Angels from Evangelion.

I'm no expert on modelling or cgi animation, but the hair physics in the ED actually seem pretty impressive?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 48 Discussion

prismheart - Jan 29, 2012

18 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 22, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 14 Discussion

11AM - May 16, 2011

6 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 9, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 6 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 20, 2011

11 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 31, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 2 Discussion

Blackbird - Feb 13, 2011

19 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 28, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Suite Precure♪ Episode 37 Discussion

minimiau - Nov 2, 2011

8 by ThorVermillion »»
Jan 6, 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.