Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 7, 2022 11:13 PM

Dec 2020
This was a very interesting and important movie to watch after the 1-7 movies, cause this cleared up a lot of questions and doubts I had. This movie is pretty much 90% dialogue which can be a bit hard to keep up with, but I'm used to dialogue heavy shows, so I don't mind.

I had a lot of questions about who or what Void Shiki was because I had seen and heard of her before watching these movies, and this movie explained what she is in great detail and also how the split personality in Shiki happened as well. It overall made me appreciate Shiki's character a lot more.

This movie also explained Mikiya's character well and made me appreciate his character a lot more as well.

Solid 8/10 movie.

Mar 27, 2022 8:01 AM

Dec 2018
more 2deep4me armchair philosophy completely based off a fictional universe
disappointing and totally unnecessary, could have been done in 5 minutes
Apr 3, 2022 10:42 PM

Feb 2021
I thought it was pretty decent. It cleared up some of the problems I had in the movies fairly well
Jun 19, 2022 4:43 PM

Nov 2014
The couple of minutes in this movie spent explaining exactly what Shiki is and why she's important really should have been integrated into the main series rather than being shoved in this DVD bonus, it would have made the motivations of certain characters a lot more understandable and thus made those characters more interesting. Oh well, I suppose that final blunder is a fitting end to this embarrassing pseudointellectual cringefest.
Aug 16, 2022 10:09 PM
Mar 2021
good backstory and reveal about shiki's personality
Sep 30, 2022 1:34 PM
Oct 2011
Verdale said:
I agree that the order in which these movies were released add to the overall enjoyment of them. I cringe when I hear people say they watched them in chronological order the first time because they didn't want to be confused... You're just missing out on so much hidden and subliminal production value by doing that.
What if they read the novels first, and then watch the films in chronological order?
Jan 27, 2023 2:25 PM
Oct 2018
what's up with the ending? did she went flying or wut
Apr 9, 2023 11:56 AM
Jul 2017
It's all about nothingness. That's the point. Great episode.
Jun 20, 2023 11:57 AM

Jul 2011
It seems weird the episode explaining the various personalities is the last one.
Also "Shiki", "Ryougi Shiki" and "SHIKI" as names for the three personalities is kinda funny but weird.

Anyways, I don't have that much to say, it kinda felt like it rambled on a bit (I don't know how many times they said her origin was nothingness or that she was the consciousness of the body) but it wasn't that bad.
Though I will remember that orange sky screensaver they put behind almost every scene.
Jul 15, 2023 1:24 PM

Jan 2021
This epilogue was not meant for action. It only had dialogues between Kokotou and supposedly a third personality of shiki. I think this special started to create more confusion about Shiki in the beginning but I guess they wrapped it up fine. Basically the Shiki we know so far in all the previous movies had no intention to kill Kokotou or anyone else I guess. 
It wasn't bad. It does give additional information which might seem somewhat important so I guess its not recommended to skip it.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jul 16, 2023 10:05 AM

Nov 2010
I wish I were a brain housed in a machine that could survive in the ergosphere of a black hole. That machine will be powered via the Penrose process, and that way, I can dream any dream I want for as long as that black hole exists. That's long enough, I think!

Mikiya really loves Shiki if he can put up with someone like her that is so complicated and has mental issues. If I were Mikiya, I would've moved on, and maybe I'll go for the Azaka route instead! The bloodline must be preserved!

"At the end of the day, there might not be a human being who isn't special. We each have completely different purposes in life." Yeah, such privilege is reserved only for people who live in safe places or the wealthy. Meanwhile, as we speak, someone is getting butchered by cartel violence in Mexico, and nearly a billion are suffering from hunger somewhere in Africa, India, etc. lol

Still no kiss from these lovers!?

Some interesting monologues + good atmospheric OST. However, the movie lost me sometimes whenever they kept talking about the same thing, just worded differently.
Feb 13, 10:34 PM
Jul 2023
One of the best monologues I have ever seen. In this episode, we have a listen to Shiki, but neither the female Shiki or SHIKI. Very interesting. The art is amazing too.
Feb 25, 11:57 AM

May 2021
Pretty interesting conversation kinda want to see old shiki some more though
Inhales oxygen
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Question about Garden of Sinners movie 8

MarkVijet - Jan 27, 2022

3 by MarkVijet »»
Jun 25, 2022 1:33 AM

» What is this?

Veethorn - Jun 23, 2010

9 by Flamestriker101 »»
Sep 26, 2020 2:57 AM

» Can't find a soundtrack :(

Deago - Aug 22, 2015

3 by TomDay »»
Nov 11, 2015 7:23 PM

» It's counting down. What is it?

zimno - Aug 26, 2010

1 by zimno »»
Aug 26, 2010 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.