Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 28, 2011 12:08 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm. OP and ED are bad (former is boring, latter is just awful). Animation and art so far are okay, and the plot is somewhat intriguing. Voice talent is all over the place, though.

Btw, could they have ripped Nausicaä off even more with that scene? Not only is she flying on a glider with people chasing her but she's wearing a freaking blue dress too.

Hopefully it gets better next episode and I don't get too annoyed by the redhead's irritating voice.
Jul 9, 2011 12:26 AM
Jul 2010
I liked this quite a lot. The setting is really interesting, the characters... well, they're not that great but let's see how they develop and the episode gave off a really relaxing feeling that I absolutely loved.
Jul 14, 2013 10:27 PM

Jun 2012
I really like this so far, agree with ghibli feel of it. Love the art, music and atmosphere of it. Really calming.
Jul 17, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2009
Good first episode <333
The opening felt like an acid trip though >_<
Sep 7, 2013 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
Great start, love when anime don't introduce a dozen characters in the first episodes.
It's at the best when there is a good dynamic between 2 characters.
Dec 6, 2013 9:18 AM

May 2012
Quite an interesting start, this show has a lovely atmosphere around it and well I do think it has quite some potential so let's see what the story has to offer us!
May 26, 2014 10:02 PM
Jan 2008
Loved the kaleidoscopic opening theme song, underwhelmed (so far) by what I've seen.

The first impression I have of the series is that the animation is colorful and beautiful, but it's hard not to look at this as a semi-imitation of Miyazaki. At less than five minutes into the first episode, we meet a girl zooming around on a glider that doesn't look that much different from that of the title character in Nausicaa. The girl looks quite similar to the heroine from Laputa. (And she owns a pendant!) The house of the hero is on a cliff that overlooks the ocean (straight of Ponyo). And chasing said glider is an airship straight out of Laputa. Owned by a little girl with pigtails with a feiry-tempered personality and two bespectacled henchmen who look suspiciously like Sanson and a less cartoonish Hanson from Nadia (technically not really Miyazaki, but you get the idea). Unlike those works, though, this show has hints of a potentially intriguing story, but so far I have yet to find anything captivating about it. I'm certainly not all over the moon with it, but I am not disgusted with it either.

"Castle in the Sky" was far better about getting its viewer intrigued in its adventure from the start, and "Nadia", for all its egregious faults, had a FANTASTIC beginning set of episodes.

I'm "meh" about this first episode.
JTurnerMay 26, 2014 10:07 PM
Dec 21, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I really liked that, an interesting first episode and very Studio Ghibli like in animation and story too. It seemed very cinematic in style.

I really did like the animation and characters and can't wait to find out what happens next!

Interesting that computers are now not used in it.

I liked the ending.

The doppels were creepy though!
Sep 7, 2015 9:06 AM

Nov 2013
After only the first episode I'm not sure if I like this or not. I'm curious to learn more about the world in this anime though.

I liked both OP and ED.
Aug 2, 2019 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
I like the art and setting so far, and the doppels seem interesting. But I'm not sure about the characters.
Feb 2, 2022 5:57 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Fractale system, eh? Settings seems there's more of it. Doppels kinda like a data clone to fulfills all your needs. There's also a merchant, and friends, must be a wish for the blonde boy, Clein. There's a mysterious girl whose just set herself off, and she gave the pendant to the boy. There's a data girl that comes out from the pc, and idk what kind of girl the other one. This first episode kinda have a start weak. Op wacky af, composing the fractale system with nonsense, ed had a broken english, so...

But, knowing the fact that the red-haired data girl voiced by HanaKana, i think i really need to finish this up, somehow...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.