Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2010 7:23 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Haha random corpse zombie who cuts heads in half! :O
Sep 28, 2012 6:18 AM

Feb 2008
"UREEYYY" Heh, what's with this Joestar family. Lots of naive fools. Also lol @ head cut.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 1, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2012
I knew that old guy was going to die! haha. I guess Jojo is going to use the mask too, since he needs to get strong too.
Sep 6, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2012
Dio truly is an asshole. Shouldn't he have erupted in a fiery explosion after being exposed to sunlight? Perhaps it was cloudy out..
Apr 10, 2016 12:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It's starting to get violent :D

"UREEEYYY"/5
May 6, 2016 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
R.I.P Lord Joestar :(
Dec 18, 2017 5:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Mr. Joestar died! :/
Dio now is a "vampire", i don´t know how they will kill him!!!
Apr 29, 2018 8:15 AM

Feb 2017
In this chapter things really pick up. Joestar Sr. knowing Dio's Dad in prison is a great twist that adds a lot to their relationship. The action and gore scenes were pretty cool too.
May 9, 2018 6:59 AM

Dec 2015
Wtf was up with that UREYYYY lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 1, 2018 9:58 AM

May 2016
Looks like the chief's yearn for praise for a job well done became the catalyst for the events that followed Dio's adoption in the Joestar House. George's noble intentions really do come out as naive but after not expressing any regret for his actions, it gave the impression that he really was a good-hearted guy who has a very deep sense of gratitude even if it's owed to the wrong people. Jonathan has a very honorable bloodline to lead~

The vampire transformation is complete and his first order of business is to get rid of the police chief like he was nothing while uttering his first Uryyyyy.... .

Dec 2, 2018 3:59 AM

Feb 2013
Jonathan's father was too good, Dario didn't care about his life!
Dio is a vampire now!
Jun 1, 2019 8:31 AM

Sep 2012
I won't lie, this chapter made me tear up. All of Speedwagon's narration about the traits passed from Lord Joestar to Jojo really got to me ;__; Also anything that has to do with losing parents always makes me really sad. BUT NOW ITS WRYYYY TIME
Sep 1, 2019 12:45 AM

Jun 2016
I teared up this chapter. As small of a role that Lord Joestar had, I feel he was well written. His sternness to Jonathan along with the nice way he’d talk about him, the regret he had over treating him so poorly as a child, the way he was proud of him, his kindness to Dio. Now with the fact that Lord Joestar knew about Dario, he knew he robbed him of a momento linked to his late wife. We can see that Jonathan definitely learned his empathy and kindness from his father. His father learnt of what Dario did and reached out to him, he told him he may do the same in his position, gave him the ring, and saved him from a potential death sentence. By showing him kindness and forgiveness he asked him to simply try and channel his evil to a life of good. Then he took Dio into his family after all of that. He was a good man, he lived a good life, even if it could be harsh, and he died in his son's arms. And all in all, he still forgave Dio after learning the truth and being stabbed. There was no resentment!! That, on top of Speedwagon’s guilt over not being able to help Jonathan, and Jonathan “inheriting” his father's soul, strengthening his will, pride, and future. And the cop who blamed himself for everything, for not stopping Lord Joestar from forgiving such a family. It was an emotional scene all around. A great one for sure..

But all is not so simple, Dio appears to have far better control than his live test subject. The attack he used to take out the cop seemed learnt as to not break his muscles and bones. An attack that held back. He looked real cool hanging on the wall upside down and the killing was grotesque in the same way the live test subject chapter was. To kill the cop who felt guilty over all of this was a nice touch, it made him feel real as opposed to a no-name with the purpose of dying. It felt gross! Like a test which removed that man’s life after we got to see a human side of him. Even if the Brando family has backfired the Joestar’s kindness on them, I’d say the Joestar’s ended up as far more fulfilled and happy people.
Nov 23, 2019 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
Jonathan's father passed away in the arms of his son. Dario Brando was a real jackass tho... and Dio came back to life!
Aug 13, 2020 12:13 AM

Feb 2019
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Jan 25, 2021 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
Dio is back as dangerous as ever. Poor Sir Joestar, he did his best to help Brando family, and this led to his death.
Jul 18, 2021 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
I guess I can somewhat understand why Jonathan's father was sympathetic to Dio and his father. Although I still do think he was too forgiving of them.
Jun 15, 2023 6:13 AM
Jun 2023
Nooooo Jojo's dad dead, also, how will jonathan defeat ultra op dio that kills police
Nov 8, 2023 3:28 PM

Apr 2020
Like father like son.

Dio can just wipe out everyone in the mansion if he wants to.

More topics from this board

» Debunking Araki Forgot by Hamon Beat

animalia - Apr 11

0 by animalia »»
Apr 11, 12:24 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 1 Discussion

accela - Sep 1, 2009

33 by Yassinecss »»
Mar 14, 6:47 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 7 Discussion

Alipio - Dec 19, 2010

20 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:38 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

31 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:35 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 4 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

26 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.