Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 16, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
Well it didn't go as well as they had hoped but at least their manuscript wasn't rejected.
Stark700 said:
Lmao @ the ending. What if their stomach rumbles? XD

Best part of the episode lol.
Jul 6, 2014 11:08 PM

Apr 2012
lol that end bit
Jul 26, 2014 10:42 PM

Dec 2013
Cool, the anime shows more about the mangas that are drawn
Jul 29, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 2013
First episode which I didn't read in the manga.
I was wondering if the "omg, just hurry up" feeling would disappear if I don't know what's going to happen. And I was right, this episode was exciting!
Sep 23, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2014
ahh, that went so much better than i expected. for some reason, i thought their hopes and dreams would be utterly crushed. but shit, that editor guy said they have potential. but, did he foreshadow the dark future that awaits them?
but lol, that powerful seating arrangement.
Nov 18, 2014 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
The editor was cool, I was expecting a 'not give a fuck' type editor after watching Aoi honoo LOL.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 26, 2014 5:23 PM
Jun 2013
I hate when parents try to force their will on their children. What kind of parents instilled revenge into their child?! Selfish. I would have been pissed too. "I'm not your tool. I'll decide my own future!" I love that.
Mar 26, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode, this anime really is in-depth.
May 28, 2015 10:28 AM

Mar 2015
How cute the end was...
We're just the boys and girls that think they always know...
Aug 11, 2015 2:49 PM

May 2015
lol'd at takagi laughing there watching those two shy lovers sit together
Aug 21, 2015 10:44 AM

Mar 2014
Most intense interview eveeer! Glad to see it turn out kinda successful tho ^_^

Holy crap this is such a romance I love it the ending was way to cute for words c:
Trash mammal
Sep 6, 2015 5:38 AM
Mar 2013
To be honest, that manga wasn't that good. It was way too fast paced. This episode was really amusing, tho
Jan 14, 2016 7:22 AM

Jan 2016
They have potential!! Can't wait to see what their next one is!
The ending was super cute :p
Jan 29, 2016 12:43 AM

Mar 2015
lol,,,, the end so awkward

Mar 2, 2016 7:04 AM

Oct 2012
Dat ending, my reaction is like Takagi's
This is gonna be interesting xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 22, 2016 3:55 PM

Sep 2013
I'm SO glad that their meeting with Shounen Jack was positive, but not an instant success. I was really worried that they'd go in and either be kicked to the curb or told that they were the best thing to hit the manga industry in 30 years or something. This was much more realistic and believable.

I felt the same way about the writing of the manga. It was using way too much exposition. The fewer narrator boxes in a story, the better (in my opinion). Just let the action and dialogue unfold organically and it is much more interesting!

Great episode!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 10, 2016 1:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Got it!! Their first manga and like it the editor!!!!

The first step is do it!!!
Feb 2, 2017 8:23 AM

Aug 2014
Damn that editor was pretty cool about it. lol at the ending, especially Takagi just quietly laughing at them being paired up xD
May 13, 2017 9:47 AM
Feb 2017
im really enjoying this series so far. Its not average, like when they brought the manuscript in the editor didnt give it a lot of praise like a average anime would, he was stern and realistic which makes the story better and is more exciting
May 17, 2017 7:26 AM

May 2016
That is the best thing that could happen to you sitting next to the girl you love.
Jul 27, 2017 8:57 PM

Dec 2015
That was a nice build in the story while also showing depth! Two Earths was really cool, but you can definitely see where it could be improved.
Nov 30, 2017 12:27 PM

Apr 2015
How come they can include all those real Shonen Jump titles, but they had to parody the name of Shueisha?

Akito's home life is...shitty. I'd forgotten about this part of the manga. His mom is downright crazy. Who tells a fifth grader to avenge their dad?

Gee, Akito was about to have an anxiety attack filling out that visitor registration/being treated like an adult. /r/me_irl

Okaaaay, now their manga is seriously messing with my head. As we saw their manuscript, I couldn't help but think to myself "That's an interesting concept. Wait, what if I'm on a simulation of Earth?"

I thought Akito and Moritaka's first meeting with Jack went extraordinarily well for middle school students, considering the adult guy next to them got destroyed by his editor. "Let's forget this manuscript ever happened." The editor then went on to say that the meeting with them was "no good", but then said within three years he could see them being better than Eiji...make up your mind!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 24, 2018 1:10 PM

Feb 2018
Wow his mother is fucked up
Aug 12, 2019 4:59 PM
Apr 2016
Their story & art were pretty good honestly, it was fun to read. The judge seems to be a good one. The ending was interesting, I hope the two will get some relationship development now that they're sitting next to each other.
Dec 6, 2019 7:09 PM

Mar 2015
Their first attempt at stepping into the limelight went well.. sort of!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 27, 2020 1:39 PM

May 2018
ok that was amazing haha. They managed to produce something worthy of Jack's attention. Though not good enough yet, I'm sure their next work will make it!
Oct 30, 2020 3:17 AM

Jul 2020
LMAO Takagi is having so much laugh with the new sitting arrangement.
Jan 7, 2021 3:11 PM

Jul 2017
Loved this episode a lot. After reading a ton of manga, seeing a ton of anime and just trying to focus on the little details, I found it even more interesting analyzing The Two Earths when the anime was showing what Mashiro and Takagi cooked up. I'm gonna pretend to be an editor myself by just giving my thoughts on what I saw from this (also gonna use Jump instead of Jack just because I'm used to saying Jump for the company due to the manga).

Like the editor they met, Hattori stated, pretty much agree with what he said about the story - really interesting idea for a sci-fi story and original, but feels too much like a novel with excess narration and complexity that alienates a lot of readers from the Jump magazine since it's a bit too thematically heavy (almost like a seinen manga story that is). Good potential is there though as a writer if he's able to balance out his narration and dialogue a lot more, trying to make an interesting story that works well with a shounen demographic audience.

And regarding the art from Mashiro, it's really nicely drawn, especially for someone who is new to the game, but it's rough around the edges at the same time. The character designs are solid but not really refined with the main problem for me being the faces, as it feels a bit inconsistent and doesn't really aim for a shounen look that inspires or excites a lot of readers of Jump. It's like really talented fanart inspired by manga, but when it comes to drawing for a Jump manga, it fails to meet that standards for now. Given how he's new, he'll get the feel of drawing shounen designs a lot better with time, and make those stiff, realistic designs turn into ones made for the Jump magazine.

In the end, Jump cares about the quality of manga from the story to the art to the little intangible details, but it also has to sell as well and grab a large enough audience to create some revenue out of it without wasting a spot since there are many, many people who apply with their own manga manuscripts with a ton of them having potential in various genres. It's important to stand out like what Takagi aimed to do, but you need to have the refinement and writing that'll make a good amount of the audience dig into the content without putting too much effort into figuring out what's happening, especially for a shounen magazine that focuses more on engaging, entertaining stories from action, to ecchi to romance. The Two Earths isn't something that would last long on Jump. Still though, really nice to see how far they've come to create a competent manuscript that impressed a really good editor, showcasing some real potential there in the long run. Hattori's great.

Enough of the pretend editor shit, I also liked how Takagi was just laughing his ass off that the two people that were in love and tried to avoid each other as much as possible till their dreams come true, were forced to sit next to each other for months in school lol. That's definitely not the most awkward experience ever if you're Mashiro or Azuki. Should at least create some cute moments in the long run.
Jan 12, 2021 3:02 AM

Jul 2020
Mashiro and Azuki’s interactions are so awkward and cute. I love how calming this show is.
Jan 19, 2021 9:27 PM
Oct 2019
Two Earths was a neat story.

But what I enjoyed most was the ending where Shuujin was laughing hysterically at the seating arrangement.
Jun 26, 2021 7:17 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah, Akito you don't to keep the expectation of someone

Well it is expected that their manuscript will be rejected although not completely, good for them...

Lol, I thought Akito is crying over something at the end there...
Oct 12, 2021 3:56 AM

Dec 2007
takagi's story truly dramatic, in funny way.
young takagi shout on his mother xD

hattori is sure good editor, what he really thought se said only in the editorial department.
but at least they did their first step.

lol the end was cute
Nov 4, 2021 5:48 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty good episode.

Last scene was cute with how embarrassed those two are, looking forward to that ^^
Oct 13, 2022 5:56 PM
Jun 2022
they were seated next to each other
soumayukihirakunOct 13, 2022 5:59 PM
Oct 15, 2022 8:14 PM

Jan 2020
They sure did get someone to look at their work rather quick. After saying they wanted to submit it, they were able to be seen the next day.

It was definitely lucky to get this dude who seems to be a solid editor. I liked the level of criticism provided and how it was balanced with some praise. That being said, what we saw of the "Two Earths" definitely seemed oddly paced. Though, we could've just seen a more-or-less abridged version for the sake of the anime. It's good they weren't outright rejected anyway.

Fate seems to cruelly cackle at Moritaka and Miho's desperate attempt to distance themselves from one another. Maybe just talk to each other then? Like normal people. If they keep up this nonsense strategy of cheering from a distance while being seated next to each other, I might just give up on that ship entirely. What's there to look forward to if they won't even try?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 4, 2023 11:16 AM
May 2023
loved the ending. the silent laugh had me laughing too
Jun 4, 2023 6:25 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Sep 3, 2023 6:38 AM
Jul 2017
decent episode. i like the mentorship role the guy is taking on to nurture the 2 of them to improve

now they are SITTING TOGETHER DAWWWW
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

220 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.