Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2010 3:32 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One of the most romantic anime I've seen so far. Awesome storyline and characters. Best comedy and drama ever. And I wonder why isn't this show appreciated enough??! It's simply awesome!

Nov 6, 2010 3:45 PM

Oct 2009
I've just finished the show and I'm burst into tears!!! I'm still crying, awesome series it was!! I agree with you, it's one of the best ever!
Nov 24, 2010 2:24 PM

Mar 2010
yeh alot of ppl dont give it a change cuz its like old.. but u get used to it after a while.
its really good, its been so long ago since an anime touched me so deep xD
Feb 1, 2011 8:54 PM

May 2010
faved.
Dec 7, 2011 11:14 PM
Feb 2009
detectiveyoshi said:
yeh alot of ppl dont give it a change cuz its like old.. but u get used to it after a while.

Yeah, but I also think this added to the shows charm. I mean, when I first started watching it I thought about how cell phones weren't even in wide spread use when this was released. Kind of interesting when you consider that new shows all have characters with cell phones.

By the way, did anyone else almost ragequit halfway through the finally? Thank god I didn't. Ending was a bit duec ex machina and the plot sometimes got a bit gimmicky but overall I felt it was an amazing show. Definitely up there with my favorites. After Tsukasa and Takumi I'm starting to see why girls are attracted to the bad guys.

I think my favorite scene was back in episode 49 when Tsukasa's feelings finally reached Tsukushi. Such a great kiss, I held my breath. I also held my breath back when they tricked Tsukushi into believing that Tsukasa had died from his injuries. That was a whole different feeling though. Not a pleasant one. Still memorable though because I cared so much about the characters.
Jan 16, 2012 2:11 PM
Dec 2011
what could make this an even more perfect show is if makino said "i love you" to tsukasa. I can't believe they didnt think to add that????
Apr 6, 2012 10:28 AM

Jun 2009
That jump from Shigeru is pure suicide of course; even if she did survive the jump, that dress would have dragged her down, and also the cruise fan would have been a lethal danger!

mystarial said:
what could make this an even more perfect show is if makino said "i love you" to tsukasa. I can't believe they didnt think to add that????
Do you know whata I mean! We didn't even get a proper closing Kiss!?!?! WTF! Did feminists hijack the production or something!?! There was so much more potential for a better ending! I do feel it's been a bit butchered.

Jay_Ox said:

...Kind of interesting when you consider that new shows all have characters with cell phones. ... Ending was a bit duec ex machina and the plot sometimes got a bit gimmicky but overall I felt it was an amazing show. Definitely up there with my favorites. After Tsukasa and Takumi I'm starting to see why girls are attracted to the bad guys....
I can tell you I'm happy she didn't have sex at the very beginning like Nana. In fact she managed to go through all 51 episodes a virgin! More than a relief she didn't sleep with Rui Hanazawa; the whole plot would have been spoiled [in my eyes at least]. The moment a female protagonist starts to mess about like Nana, it puts me off completely and I can't identify with her anymore, and particularly when they try to romanticise it. For me it's either Shoujo or hentai, nothing in between!

detectiveyoshi said:

It's not that old you know. The actual manga ends in 2003, well into the age of cell phones! As for the artwork, I think it is unique to Yoko Kamio - the eyes shapes, no-fancy hair colour or style, somewhat realistic facial proportions with nose etc and not-so-sexualised bodies, and romanesque water colour landscapes. No it's definitely not the age showing, but it is the artist herself who is unique in that respect; the problem is she hasn't done enough works for the style to be popularised or to become known. From what I know she's done only two major works so far, so her style is more like the exception to the rule.
Jun 16, 2012 10:07 PM
Jan 2012
man, that last scene with the song 'stepping out' really did it for me. I watched the anime wayy after meteor garden, and the japanese drama came out and the anime feels more genuine and many of the storylines have a lot more depth to it as well.

To be fair, the whole premise behind this shoujo storyline isnt the most original, but the pacing (outside of the filler episodes) and the character development is supremely awesome.

Seriously, that "stepping out" song is the most addicting song, i cant stop humming it....
Aug 27, 2012 4:21 AM

May 2012
Darn!! I was so frustrated, depressed, angry and irritated that I cannot stop crying when he got "married" with Shigeru... But I was soooo relieved of the twist.. **sob** I still cannot stop the tears from flowing..... Anyway, awesome ending!!!
Dec 4, 2012 12:13 AM

Sep 2011
It was so bitter at the beginning >_< but then the plot twist :D.
Definitely one of the best shoujo animes!
Jan 22, 2013 8:24 PM

Oct 2009
um so say what you will but I was totally disappointed with the ending... felt rushed and like they just threw something together... I mean really he gave up on Tsukushi in three months after 51 eps and "married" (yes I know it ended up being fake) Monkey girl ... then Monkey girl helped them realize it was the only way to trick his mother >_> really??? DUMB...

I really enjoyed this show up to ep 49 after that the last two episodes don't exist in my world.
Moon_RiverJan 22, 2013 8:30 PM
Feb 8, 2013 6:22 AM

Jan 2009
Such a great show! I just finished it and loved it. It was frustrating sometimes I kept thinking Tsukushi you idiot!! lol Also I thought up until the end that they weren't going to end up together and I was so depressed about it. I can see what some people are saying that the ending is sort of thrown together but I think it's fine. I'm just happy they wound up together! ^_^ The only complaint I have is that it had a lot of filler it seemed.
Feb 17, 2013 10:30 AM

Dec 2010
Moon_River said:
um so say what you will but I was totally disappointed with the ending... felt rushed and like they just threw something together... I mean really he gave up on Tsukushi in three months after 51 eps and "married" (yes I know it ended up being fake) Monkey girl ... then Monkey girl helped them realize it was the only way to trick his mother >_> really??? DUMB...

I really enjoyed this show up to ep 49 after that the last two episodes don't exist in my world.

i mostly agree with this.. i felt the ending was just.. i don't even know but it didn't feel right to me. it could've ended after ep 50 if tsukushi didn't "call it quits" at the end and instead they just got together.. but i wanted to see more of their relationship after she finally learned to accept his feelings. it was a really good series, soo much drama that kept me hanging on the edge of my seat, so much romance for me to squeal and fangirl over.. i do want to read the manga now cuz i need more tsukasa x tsukushi u__u;;;
Mar 15, 2013 12:03 AM

Jun 2009
Amorii said:
Moon_River said:

i mostly agree with this.. i felt the ending was just.. i don't even know but it didn't feel right to me. it could've ended after ep 50 if tsukushi didn't "call it quits" at the end and instead they just got together.. but i wanted to see more of their relationship after she finally learned to accept his feelings. it was a really good series, soo much drama that kept me hanging on the edge of my seat, so much romance for me to squeal and fangirl over.. i do want to read the manga now cuz i need more tsukasa x tsukushi u__u;;;

none of 49-50-51 happen in the manga... and in the end of the manga.. Tsukasa moves to the states for 4 years after they all graduate and Tsukushi says she will wait for him after hes become a man
Oct 6, 2013 7:25 PM

Feb 2011
Amorii said:
Moon_River said:

I agree with maybe ending it without her ever calling it quits, and it would have been nice to see a little more of their relationship after, but I'm happy they did at least get together, even if that last ep was a little awkward. I do wish we could have seen that last "kiss" or hear Tsukushi actually say "I love you" to him, but overall this was one of the best romances I've seen. It completely threw me for a loop with how much the story sucked me in.
Mar 9, 2014 7:02 PM

Sep 2011
I got to say, that was a fun ride!
Jun 18, 2014 9:56 PM

Sep 2013
That's it?

Imo the live adaptations are way better and less infuriating. Everytime Tsukushi thinks of Rui or blushes in front of him I fucking facepalm. Needs better execution and more refined storyline.

live adaptations > this anime

7/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 10, 2014 2:13 PM
Dec 2013
I really love this anime, one of my favourite animes. It is great and very exciting.
manganimelover1Jul 10, 2014 2:17 PM
Oct 26, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2011
I didn't like this.. Now I need to read the manga, didn't realize this anime had an alternate ending >_<
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Oct 31, 2014 12:20 PM
Dec 2013
I was SO angry when i heard domyoji was marrying shigeru. I admit that i had a lump in my throat when she jumped for the rope. it was so romantic. *^_^* but I'm so bummed we didn't get a kiss or anything. its not a great ending, but it was pretty good. haven't seen an ending like that before, lol
Jan 9, 2015 11:10 PM
Oct 2012
K-Shuun said:
I didn't like this.. Now I need to read the manga, didn't realize this anime had an alternate ending >_<
Yeah! Everyone should read the manga first because sometimes it's different from the manga. So I like to read the manga first and then maybe the anime ^^
Jun 17, 2015 2:04 PM

Aug 2013
Great series, a few bumps along the way don't stop this from being a very entertaining ride, and now time to start up the manga.
Aug 6, 2015 4:44 PM

Sep 2014
Moon_River said:

agree.. and what was up with that apple scene anyway? lol
didn't even get to see more romance/couple time between Tsukushi/Tsukasa -_-

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Jan 12, 2016 4:11 AM

Oct 2014
Weak ending.

This show was 51 episodes long, fueled by misunderstanding tropes for the most part, you'd think it would culminate in an epic finale but I have to say I was kind of disappointed.

It made basically no sense whatsoever. 3 months pass then they pretend to throw a wedding where the plan hinges on makino jumping onto the side of the boat in front of 100s of people? How is this supposed to trick his mother? She could have just called the boat back if she wanted to. Nothing whatsoever has even changed from when Makino said they should quit.

It was all too ridiculous and unnatural then to top it off they don't even kiss or anything they just eat a freaking apple.

I still gave it an 8 though because the show is decent, it could have been a 9. The later half of the series was pretty bad too with the constant flashbacks and lazy animation.
Jul 19, 2016 11:26 AM

Apr 2011
I... I don't really know how I feel about this.
The entire last arc w/ the fiance thing was way too drawn out, and then those last two episodes didn't make any sense. I had a feeling that Shigeru joined the school to fix Tsukasa and Tsukushi together, and I'm glad she did bc I ended up liking her character despite myself... But this was a very crammed, kind of lousy last episode if you ask me. I'm very happy that Tsukushi and Tsukasa are together, essentially I can assume that they're going to get married. I just hate how weird and unnecessary that last bit of melodrama was..

Also, either Tsukushi is really good at lying to herself still, or she's a creep. How could she consider dating the random dude in the final episode??? I figured Tsukasa was in shock bc she [STUPIDLY] broke up w/ him right after telling off Mrs Domyoji... AURGH. Such a weak, lame way to end this. I enjoyed the ride, I loved how fresh and original the romance was... [the GOOD parts and the first two arcs anyway]
It seems as though the wheels started to fall off around the episode where Shigeru was introduced. I actually loved the character designs, I loved the op, the voice acting got better and better as it went on... too bad about those final 13 or so episodes being so dragged out and ruining Tsukushi's character.
[Domyoji was awesome though and I'm glad he got the girl.]

8/10 [bc it was so damn good for so long... and Tsukushi and Tsukasa have a beautiful relationship... when she isn't being a stupid dense person.]

(one last thing, I'm quite sure that the whole apple thing was supposed to represent the fact they they're going to give their virginity to one another, kind of an odd way to show it... I mean they could have just given us a kiss and Tsukushi telling him that she loved him and would never leave again, but I didn't write the last two episodes so...)
AngelicTotoroJul 19, 2016 11:30 AM
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Sep 4, 2016 5:55 PM

Aug 2014
*Slight use of profanity*

HOLY SHIT!

Okay where do I start with this.

I think they should've just ended it on episode 49 and written episode 50 differently than what they did.

The ending they had was disappointing, to say the least.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm ECSTATIC that Makino and Tsukasa FINALLY got together. Then episode 50 crushed my soul once again... Really man? More drama in the last two episodes of the damn show?

You writers need some help.

As a more general look at the show, I highly enjoyed it. I loved the more realistic arcs (at least in the earlier parts of the anime) and the whole twist that Tsukasa was the actual love interest rather than Rui (I don't blame em. Rui is boring, and Tsukasa became a really well written lead). I also actually liked Makino in the first half of the show. I think it was the last arc that shit on most of the things I was liking about the show. I thought that after the whole Junpei thing that Makino would FINALLY realize her feelings for Tsukasa, however that just didn't happen. We absolutely POSITIVELY apparently needed more melodrama shoved down our throats and for Makino to become an absolutely unlikeable bitch for 13ish episodes.

Hooray.

Overall, I give this show an 8/10. The first half of the show was great, yet that last arc took too large of a dump on everything to redeem itself.

Aug 8, 2017 5:07 AM

Aug 2017
EXTREMELY disappointing finale😑 And I'm saying that as a massive fan of this anime who has watched it three times now. Forgot how much I hated this finale.

WHOA EVERYTHING HAPPENED SO DAMN FAST IN THIS FINALE! You could really tell they were just trying to push everything into that final episode. They really should've spaced it out more. They could've gotten rid of so many filler episodes with the fiancee that had no point or impact in the finale anyway! I completely agree with you guys on the whole rushed ending thing. I couldn't really even enjoy this finale because of how odd this entire episode was. Why did they just skip ahead three months and have Tsukasa just leave his schooling behind? You're telling me Tsukasa and Shigeru have been "together" for three whole months and are just now getting married? I thought it was arranged for awhile now? And that entire time Tsukushi and the F4 didn't even try to stop his mom and "rescue" Tsukasa at all? I really didn't like how the other F4 members just went on with their lives again like Tsukasa wasn't gone. Also, what was up with Tsukushi saying that random guy was cute...uhhhh wow, it sure wouldn't have taken her very long to get over Tsukasa would it have?🤔 Like damn girl you move on QUICK!

But one of the main things that really pissed me off is that Tsukasa would have just given up and admitted defeat by going through with the wedding had Shigeru not intervened. When she said Rui was the one who forged the letter all I could think was REALLY??? Tsuaka wouldn't have even TRIED to fight back and be with Tsukushi? After everything he's done for her he was just going to give up like that? I completely understand that it was up to Tsukushi to fight back and prove her love for him this time since he has done so time and time again but wow. That just seemed completely out of character for him...It really sucks because I absolutely adored the first half of this series. The build up and anticipation was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and then it fell flat. Fast. It really started to go downhill when the fiancee was introduced. Actually I enjoyed the hotspring episode but they should've at least started to wrap things up after that and have Tsukushi come to terms with her love for Tsukasa either then or way before that episode. They drug out the whole "I'm not in love" denial trope WAAAY too long. Seriously HOW many times did they flashback to that damn hotspring scene??? That was so unnecessary and repetitive. They really should've just ended it at episode 49 after the exchange student test results and had Tsukushi actually SAY that she loved Tsukasa...

I would've loved to see Tsukushi and Tsukasa's romance actually develop after they had BOTH admitted their love for one another. I'm really upset that all of the episode time that could've showed more cute and romantic moments between them actually being in love completely was filled with repetitive and pointless plot arcs that came out of nowehere. The one and only thing I truly cannot forgive this anime for is not having Tsukushi say she loves Tsukasa at least ONCE. NOT|EVEN|ONCE. WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THIS??? Tsukasa only told her about a million times and they can't have Tsukushi say she loves him at least once? AFTER 51 EPISODES? I WAITED 51 EPISODES FOR HER TO TELL HIM SHE LOVES HIM. 51. EPISODES.

That being said I really do love this anime, including the latter half of the series and the incredibly lacklustre/frustrating finale. I think I could re-watch this every year and I still wouldn't get tired of it. In fact I decided that I'm going to make it a tradition to watch this every summer since I have for the past two or three years anyhow😊 Tsukasa is one of my all time FAVOURITE characters. I loved watching him mature and develop from a whiny and bratty kid to a young man that learnt what love really was. I feel like a proud parent haha. And as much as I couldn't stand Tsukushi at times (okay most times), without her there would be no Tuskasa and Tsukushi and their love is one of the greatest romances ever to me. I can't even tell you how many times my heart almost beat out of my chest and my stomach felt like it would erupt from all the butterflies during Tsukasa and Tsukushi's moments together. Such a beautiful couple that showcases how powerful true love is. Ugh I'm getting all sappy now haha.

This anime will forever hold a special place in my heart❤️
FlowersB4BoysAug 8, 2017 3:06 PM
Aug 8, 2017 6:06 AM

Aug 2017
Jay_Ox said:
detectiveyoshi said:

Yeah, but I also think this added to the shows charm. I mean, when I first started watching it I thought about how cell phones weren't even in wide spread use when this was released. Kind of interesting when you consider that new shows all have characters with cell phones.

By the way, did anyone else almost ragequit halfway through the finally? Thank god I didn't. Ending was a bit duec ex machina and the plot sometimes got a bit gimmicky but overall I felt it was an amazing show. Definitely up there with my favorites.After Tsukasa and Takumi I'm starting to see why girls are attracted to the bad guys.

I think my favorite scene was back in episode 49 when Tsukasa's feelings finally reached Tsukushi. Such a great kiss, I held my breath. I also held my breath back when they tricked Tsukushi into believing that Tsukasa had died from his injuries. That was a whole different feeling though. Not a pleasant one. Still memorable though because I cared so much about the characters.

I couldn't agree more with the bolded haha. I actually fell in love with Tsukasa while watching this anime, not even ashamed to admit it😂 There's something about the whole bad, tough guy that is really a teddy bear and softie when it comes to the girl he loves that I fall for every. single. time *sigh.* I need a Tsukasa in my life...

And this is going to sound REALLY weird but he's probably the hottest fictional/cartoon character I've ever seen...yeah I know, I need help haha😭
FlowersB4BoysAug 8, 2017 6:12 AM
Aug 8, 2017 6:21 AM

Aug 2017
AngelicTotoro said:
The entire last arc w/ the fiance thing was way too drawn out, and then those last two episodes didn't make any sense. I had a feeling that Shigeru joined the school to fix Tsukasa and Tsukushi together, and I'm glad she did bc I ended up liking her character despite myself... But this was a very crammed, kind of lousy last episode if you ask me. I'm very happy that Tsukushi and Tsukasa are together, essentially I can assume that they're going to get married. I just hate how weird and unnecessary that last bit of melodrama was..

Also, either Tsukushi is really good at lying to herself still, or she's a creep. How could she consider dating the random dude in the final episode??? I figured Tsukasa was in shock bc she [STUPIDLY] broke up w/ him right after telling off Mrs Domyoji... AURGH. Such a weak, lame way to end this. I enjoyed the ride, I loved how fresh and original the romance was... [the GOOD parts and the first two arcs anyway]
It seems as though the wheels started to fall off around the episode where Shigeru was introduced. I actually loved the character designs, I loved the op, the voice acting got better and better as it went on... too bad about those final 13 or so episodes being so dragged out and ruining Tsukushi's character.

8/10 [bc it was so damn good for so long... and Tsukushi and Tsukasa have a beautiful relationship... when she isn't being a stupid dense person.]

(one last thing, I'm quite sure that the whole apple thing was supposed to represent the fact they they're going to give their virginity to one another, kind of an odd way to show it... I mean they could have just given us a kiss and Tsukushi telling him that she loved him and would never leave again, but I didn't write the last two episodes so...)

I AGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE THING YOU WROTE! Yeah, what was up with Tsukushi saying that random stranger guy was cute?!?! Uh girl did you not just break up with the love of your life three months ago or?...jeez this girl really doesn't wait very long to move on! Also agree that it started to go downhill when Shigeru was introduced, they really should've just had Tsukushi come to terms with her love for Tukasa around then and then made the episodes based on their mutual love for one another. I was really disappointed that we didn't get to see more scenes and episodes of them actually together as a real and official couple. 50 episodes and a half of Tsukushi running away from her feelings and leaving Tsukasa confused and hurt😐

And yeah, the bolded part talking about the very last scene with the whole "apple virginity" symbolism is where they really lost me...Ugh just such a weird way to show that😐😕 They didn't have to actually show them "getting it on" so to speak haha😂 They could've just showed them kissing like you said.

AND RIGHT?!?!? WHY DIDN'T THEY KISS?!?! LIKE WHAT THE HELL? It's the finale and they're getting married for Christ's sake, they couldn't have added in a kiss? At a WEDDING? THEY REPLACED THE KISS WITH A WEIRD, OUT OF PLACE APPLE VIRGINITY SCENE??? AND IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE TSUKUSHI SAY SHE LOVES TSUKASA. EVER. WTF.

One of the most disappointing finales ever for me..
FlowersB4BoysAug 8, 2017 3:04 PM
Nov 22, 2017 11:44 AM
May 2015
Thanks God it's over. I feel as if I was being tortured through the whole series :/ I'm glad there was a happy ending..
Aug 15, 2018 11:14 AM
Oct 2009
FlowersB4Boys said:
AngelicTotoro said:

I AGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE THING YOU WROTE! Yeah, what was up with Tsukushi saying that random stranger guy was cute?!?! Uh girl did you not just break up with the love of your life three months ago or?...jeez this girl really doesn't wait very long to move on! Also agree that it started to go downhill when Shigeru was introduced, they really should've just had Tsukushi come to terms with her love for Tukasa around then and then made the episodes based on their mutual love for one another. I was really disappointed that we didn't get to see more scenes and episodes of them actually together as a real and official couple. 50 episodes and a half of Tsukushi running away from her feelings and leaving Tsukasa confused and hurt😐

And yeah, the bolded part talking about the very last scene with the whole "apple virginity" symbolism is where they really lost me...Ugh just such a weird way to show that😐😕 They didn't have to actually show them "getting it on" so to speak haha😂 They could've just showed them kissing like you said.

AND RIGHT?!?!? WHY DIDN'T THEY KISS?!?! LIKE WHAT THE HELL? It's the finale and they're getting married for Christ's sake, they couldn't have added in a kiss? At a WEDDING? THEY REPLACED THE KISS WITH A WEIRD, OUT OF PLACE APPLE VIRGINITY SCENE??? AND IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE TSUKUSHI SAY SHE LOVES TSUKASA. EVER. WTF.

One of the most disappointing finales ever for me..

You are stupid people and I know it's pointless for me to reply to such old posts but I'm going to anyway.
1. They technically didn't get married
2. They did kiss. The camera zooms in on their faces and the apple scene with them each biting it was representing that and more.

Apr 16, 2019 1:35 AM
Mar 2014
While some people are right in that this trick could easily have been stopped by the mom, I tend to look at it as her finally accepting Tsukushi as someone worthy and can marry her son especially when you consider everything she did to get to this point (everything from parents turning down the money to smacking the mom in episode 50 to doing an insane jump in this last episode).

I'm really glad that the anime had them end up together. Their relationship was really cute to watch, but at times was frustrating too mostly since lack of communication, assumptions or just not being careful played a big role. I really would've liked to see a lot more Tsukasa x Tsukushi moments, especially since we rarely got much in the last quarter or so.

Like others mentioned, if the anime stopped at episode 50 with them deciding to continue fighting, it would've been nice in a way. Regardless, I enjoyed this and aside from several odd situations, fun watch overall.

Also, would've liked to see Tsukushi finally say I love you but she never did. I also liked how she kept cheering for Shigeru after deciding that she doesn't want to interfere+focusing on herself and less on what's going on in their relationship (flashbacks were unavoidable). I think if we got this Tsukushi like an arc earlier, it would've made for an even more amazing anime.

Of course, let's not forget all the other characters who had such a well defined role like Rui being the other love interest, and the friends just being supportive and trying to help Tsukushi or in some cases, both of them.
8igfanApr 16, 2019 1:46 AM
Jun 7, 2019 10:56 PM
Jul 2014
wuuuuuttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????????????

this is really just the best wingwoman story in the history of history. everyone say thank you Shigeru.

i can't believe that was the ending lmao

Too rushed, kind of disappointed, stupid apple scene could've been a kiss or an i love you from Tsukushi but whatever. I didn't absolutely hate it.
Sylvia_Beau019Jun 7, 2019 11:04 PM
Jun 15, 2019 2:10 PM

Jun 2016
Yo, I finished it in 2 days. I hate myself...such potential...what's with this ending....

Does someone know what chapter of the manga the anime stops? I couldn't find a tread about it.

Jun 16, 2019 5:34 AM
Jun 2019
Maen.... I don't like the ending huhu been expecting that they'll end up together. :'( (TT) still, it's one of the best anime I've watched so far. Good thing I didn't watched the eps. 49-51 .. cuz if I did... I can't sleep of disappointment..
Jul 22, 2019 4:15 AM
Oct 2009
9/10 show. So great. I still dream about it.
Apr 13, 2020 12:36 AM

May 2017
Shaerie said:
Thanks God it's over. I feel as if I was being tortured through the whole series :/ I'm glad there was a happy ending..

Why is this exactly how I feel??
Jun 4, 2020 7:47 AM

Dec 2017
Fisrt half of the show was very interesting and attractive so I couldn't stop watching it although it has a cliche story. But ending wasn't satisfying in my opinion. They could do better than that. I felt as if they were trying so hard to make the finale into one episode. They could show us more from characters future for example Domyoji and Tsukushi's. Because of that i can only give 7/10.
Aug 30, 2021 9:39 AM

Dec 2018
Almost got blueballed. Man I hate this show so fucking much, and I hate myself for enjoying it sardonically. Like it's not even worth an ironic watch, but still I somehow manage to find entertainment in it. Weird shit.
. . .
Dec 11, 2021 9:35 PM

Sep 2020
Preachee said:
Almost got blueballed. Man I hate this show so fucking much, and I hate myself for enjoying it sardonically. Like it's not even worth an ironic watch, but still I somehow manage to find entertainment in it. Weird shit.
I am surprised you were able to complete all 51 episodes with this mentality.
Dec 14, 2021 7:56 PM

Dec 2018
ZXEAN said:
Preachee said:
I am surprised you were able to complete all 51 episodes with this mentality.

Yeah and I hate myself for it. I don't think I can ever do it again though.
. . .
Jan 30, 2022 1:39 AM

Nov 2012
I started this anime about 15 years ago, maybe more. I just happened to search for it.

I've seen 5 or 6 live versions, but the anime seemed more genuine and honest. I've never read the manga but I feel like this was a truer adaptation. I truly enjoyed it.
Apr 14, 2022 12:58 AM
Oct 2021
Yess this is very cute
Aug 31, 2022 7:41 AM
Dec 2019
even tho its weird that suddenly the mom accepted their love(a bit a rashed ending)
but i cried T-T

both of them have been through a lot of hardship and problems

im glad they ended together my god
Jan 10, 2023 2:10 PM
Oct 2022
Agree with everything said here, episode 49 was absolutely fantastic in its ending only to start the EPIC drama again which from my experience doesn't seem to rival any telenovela. phew ! 
The music in this show was phenomenal, loved every piece. I loved the episodes where they go to Canada and the ones where he rescues her from being abused. His character arc was good. 
I'd love a modern remake of this anime with a better ending and the same music. 
Rui  was painfully bland, the most oatmeal character of all time, passive and aloof. He seemed depressed half of time. 
I think Tsukushi refused to believe she could fall for someone who was initially her worst bully, thankfully he changed and she was finally able to accept those feelings. 
Overall a good romance anime, wish there were others like this one. 
Aug 25, 2023 3:00 PM
May 2020
Well, that could have been a ton better! But, it was still a decent ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 31 Discussion

meneope - Mar 26, 2012

18 by CAN20 »»
Apr 24, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 50 Discussion

Gasuko-chan - Apr 26, 2011

14 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 49 Discussion

-kassy- - Sep 26, 2010

16 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 24, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 48 Discussion

meneope - Apr 4, 2012

10 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 24, 2023 6:36 PM

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 47 Discussion

meneope - Apr 4, 2012

10 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 24, 2023 2:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.