Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2010 10:57 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
May died and meow is maturing

still she is carefree i need someone like that carefree and understanding XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 12, 2012 4:12 AM

May 2008
Good episode, I wish they had more episodes that focused on the two main characters' history.
Oct 11, 2013 9:02 AM

May 2008
What a sad episode ToT
Feb 19, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2010
I liked that they did a heavier episode and one more about Meow, but this doesn't work that well. It would have made more sense for the fighting to break out over Meow wanting to destroy the drugs, underlining that Mei cared more about money than anything else.

Mei getting stabbed felt more like a convenient way to wrap up the story (without actually addressing the conflict that drove it) than anything else.
Dec 2, 2014 1:57 AM

Jul 2008
That was a cheap way out of the conflict, but it was still a very good episode.
Mar 12, 2016 7:32 AM

Feb 2013
A very sad episode, I feel bad for Mei.
I'm also starting to hate Ran, she treats Meow just like a walking bank, she doesn't even listen to what she has to say.
May 30, 2019 2:10 AM

Jun 2011
at what point did this series become so god damn annoying..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 5, 2019 12:24 PM
Aug 2018
The shift between the cheerful "happy-go-lucky" moments and the depressing moments in this show is weird.
Almost every episode there is at least one person that dies.

In my opinion this story lacks an overarching plot and especially background of the two main characters.
We still know next to nothing about the two, yet almost 3/4 of the show is over.

They wasted a lot potential to make this a great show. I understand why it only has a rating of 7.16.
Apr 16, 2020 4:57 PM
Dec 2019
tr25a3 said:
The shift between the cheerful "happy-go-lucky" moments and the depressing moments in this show is weird.
Almost every episode there is at least one person that dies.

In my opinion this story lacks an overarching plot and especially background of the two main characters.
We still know next to nothing about the two, yet almost 3/4 of the show is over.

They wasted a lot potential to make this a great show. I understand why it only has a rating of 7.16.

I didn't see any such shift until this episode, as any character deaths have not been with characters the viewer cares about.

Looking at the drama of this episode, which is decent, I do agree that the show had the potential to do a little bit more serious drama, as the characters are good enough to pull it off. However I'd rather them stick to the comedy than go full Kenshin, taking itself too seriously.
Apr 11, 2021 1:44 PM

Aug 2017
Finally something different this time. More episodes should be focused on the two main characters' history,
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 15, 2021 10:18 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah, even if some say that happiness can't be bought with money.. Mei's parents indeed died because of low funds..
Feb 22, 2022 4:41 PM

Jun 2016
Ah, it's from this ep that it is clear nothing is supposed to matter, which sucks given the ending of the episode. I'd probably be more content with the ending if they, ya know, foreshadowed Mei in the first place. It's an original series. They had the power to do it.

My God, Myao sure can talk a lot, especially about something she's passionate about.

Is that blood I see from a wound? I thought I'd never see such a shade of red in this show about a samurai slashing people - presumably to death. Madness.

Hey, I had an idea. Mei should give all her business money to the scam artists from the last episode. Or better yet, how about she gives some to Dr Genkai and the poor brigade. Come on show, I get the theme already. Stop throwing it in my face already.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 13 Discussion

meneope - Oct 2, 2009

23 by alpo42ab »»
Feb 19, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 3 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 5, 2010

8 by alpo42ab »»
Dec 24, 2023 11:51 PM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 1 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 4, 2010

16 by EmperorKaido »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:23 AM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 6 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 5, 2010

6 by AGiantWeeb »»
Nov 15, 2022 8:40 AM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 12 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 6, 2010

4 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Feb 23, 2022 3:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.