Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 8, 2010 8:10 AM

Jan 2009
Tchako said:
kevin_video said:

My sentiments exactly. This is what they call "Jumping the shark." Anyone old enough to remember Dallas, and how JR died? And then they brought him back to life, and it turned out the entire series had been a dream? Yeah. Pinch me because this is one heck of a convenient cop-out. I too am going WTF on this.

As touching as the reunion was, I still died a little inside.

That was actually Bobby that died, and all of that was seen as a dream by one of the characters. Quite a few episodes, but not all of them.
Death of J.R. happened but marked the end of the show. I'm pretty sure it is canon.

No, it was JR who died. There was a big storyline on "Who shot JR?!" Then as Kevin_Video says, the next season it was shown to be all a dream. One whole season was spent without Larry Hagman as JR.

Sep 8, 2010 8:15 AM

Aug 2009
So many mixed emotions.

Seriously, who gives a flying fuck if it was predictable or not. It wasn't just 'OH YAY, Lisanna's back! *party*' There were plenty of much deeper emotions. The fact she beared with it in Edolas, trying to hide her identity for the sake of her peers for two whole years, and even when Earthland Fairy Tail arrived, shows her strength of character. It was a pleasure to read.

Can people see beyond the precitability and ease of the chapter and see the emotions Mashima-sensei is trying to express? Christ...
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Sep 8, 2010 8:44 AM

Oct 2008
"Who the hell are you?! You pickin on my cat? Huh!?"
Ahh. Gajeel/Gazille. We luff you.

ReaperEXE said:

Fixed, HURR DURR.

My brain is screaming "WTF!", but my heart is saying "D'aaaw..."

I second that. But it was heartwarming to see The Family Together Again. Everyone is gonna be happy!
Ignore The Tackle Glomp, Charlene. Ignore it.
Sep 8, 2010 9:15 AM

Nov 2008
why can i see the next chapter starting

"wait..... if you're our Lisanna....... who the hell have we buried here?"

bit of a plot hole here me thinks
Damn girl, you must be a hollow, cause you just made me Bankai
Sep 8, 2010 9:53 AM

Mar 2010
ReaperEXE said:

My thoughts exactly....It wasn't particularly well explained, and it's a bit of a cruddy cop-out really, but it was so cute with the reunion at the end ~
And it will lead to a hopefully interesting love rivalry between Lisana and Lucy over Natsu XD

And also,
Beyonder said:
at least I hope mira gets her powers again, since she stopped fighting after Lisanna's presumed death

this.
Sep 8, 2010 12:32 PM
Jan 2009
Wow, I thought this came out of nowhere.
But I liked the reunion. Sweet. :)
Sep 8, 2010 1:18 PM
May 2009
OMG! hahaha this interests me alot now! I hope no one will die towards the end of Fairy Tail and I hope it won't end soon after they beat all the Dark Guilds and find out about the Dragon disappearances mystery I suppose... If there will be another girl from Fairy Tail who will die or give up entity later in the series, this manga will burst down to hell XD

I'm so expecting some love jealousy and stuff from now on =) This is so amazing wahahah...
Sep 8, 2010 1:34 PM

May 2008
What a great chapter !
FAiry tail is even better now, after 200 chapters I didn't think that was possible!

I hope the plot doesn't twist anymore, and turns lisana into a villain or something.... that would be bad bad bad !!
Sep 8, 2010 2:23 PM

Jun 2010
theres no need to be suprised that she`s still alive the show is called fairytail now i can see the ultimate love triangle natsu X lisanna X lucy
XD
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 8, 2010 4:17 PM

Jun 2008
kevin_video said:
ShiroiRyu said:
(And yey, anyone with half a brain will question this bullshit)

ReaperEXE said:
Fixed, HURR DURR.

My sentiments exactly. This is what they call "Jumping the shark." Anyone old enough to remember Dallas, and how JR died? And then they brought him back to life, and it turned out the entire series had been a dream? Yeah. Pinch me because this is one heck of a convenient cop-out. I too am going WTF on this.

As touching as the reunion was, I still died a little inside.

I think we established by now that Mashima isn't exactly a genius in creating plot twists or surprising anyone. Hell he can't even make a decent character evolution or an amazing arc.
Let's be honest here, half of us already expected that all this could just be a cheap way in bringing Lisanna and Mashima didn't even try to surprise us in the least. Even the story on how she survived was pathetic. "I didn't really die i just lost consciousness". Holy fucking shit, talking about lucking inspiration to create a more complicate excuse.

Personally i read Fairy Tail for three reasons and "amazing plot" isn't one of them.
I like the art(in that department i think fairy tail is awesome), the humor, and the fanservice(the fanservice deserves the trouble because the art is awesome).

Anyway Mashima has a few cards left to try and pull some really engaging plot and give some new meaning to all the things we have been reading until now but the way he is going i doubt he has the inspiration to do something like that so i don't expect anything much. Fairy Tail is more switch off brain fun shounen even compared to Naruto(Bleach has become just bad lately so i won't even go there) .
I just hope that there is actually some nice idea behind the creation of his world and the existence of dragons and dragonslayers.
Sep 8, 2010 6:43 PM

Jun 2008
omg!
Sep 9, 2010 2:37 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Awesome chapter. Made me wanna cry. :P

Sep 9, 2010 5:20 AM

Aug 2009
so she is from earthland :o idk why but i wanted her to remain dead.
Sep 9, 2010 10:20 AM

Mar 2010
I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!! NATSU X LISANNA FTW~ <333
Lucy will have a love rival~ ;3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2010 1:49 PM

Jun 2010
Hmm I just finally caught up with the manga and this happens, still what new plot device can come from this other than everyone saying 'love triangle' (come its shounen, not gonna happen).

Its just way too convenient and kinda of a plot hole, plus the anime kinda screwed itself over since she was directly attacked, eh whatever, at this point its not like Fairy Tail always clarifies everything that goes on, I still enjoy it.
Sep 10, 2010 10:37 PM

Dec 2007
Kind of "too easy", but for the sake of seeing what will Natsu do now and the posibility of Mira returning to her badass self, I'll just look the other way XD
Sep 12, 2010 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
Ryo_Chan said:
why can i see the next chapter starting

"wait..... if you're our Lisanna....... who the hell have we buried here?"

bit of a plot hole here me thinks

LOLOL. Well that is unless they buried an empty coffin.
Sep 12, 2010 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
Well at least they explained what really happened and without anymore doubt that we would think the reason is valid enough
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 13, 2010 2:16 PM

Jul 2009
Well I wasn't expecting that. But I guess it was foreshadowed that Lisanna might not actually be dead, what with there being no body found.
Sep 14, 2010 3:40 PM

May 2008
Meh, it was alright. The reunion was very nice, but Lisanna's character is shit developed. She got sucked into this weird portal thingy, and automatically assumed she was in an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE GAAAAASP. Not the kind of conclusion I would've jumped to.

She decided, then, to just go with it. And NOT go back to Earthland when the chance came up. Why? "I don't wanna hurt my brother and sister again!" Sure! Your REAL brother and sister probably don't miss you at all. And you probably don't miss your REAL life at all either! Well DAH FUCK. God she's dumb.

If the reason for her not wanting to leave was, I don't know, her attachment to Edolas, then sure. No problemo. But, with this, she's a martyr who doesn't even know how to sacrifice herself properly, content with letting the people around her live a lie, false happiness, while letting the people SHE LOVES, but who live far away, live in agony.

She's basically an idiot, and I don't like her. I don't care if there's a better explanation for her being alive. I just don't want to see her anymore.

Whatever. :P

Sep 15, 2010 7:15 PM

Oct 2008
Gajeel <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 17, 2010 5:27 AM

Dec 2009
Oww~ the best chapter ;( It makes me cryy~ But now... LucyXNatsu or NatsuXLisanna? xd
Sep 17, 2010 12:42 PM
Mar 2010
ASHGARY said:
She decided, then, to just go with it. And NOT go back to Earthland when the chance came up. Why? "I don't wanna hurt my brother and sister again!" Sure! Your REAL brother and sister probably don't miss you at all. And you probably don't miss your REAL life at all either! Well DAH FUCK. God she's dumb.

If the reason for her not wanting to leave was, I don't know, her attachment to Edolas, then sure. No problemo. But, with this, she's a martyr who doesn't even know how to sacrifice herself properly, content with letting the people around her live a lie, false happiness, while letting the people SHE LOVES, but who live far away, live in agony.

The writing's worse than that. That conversation she was flashback to where she ran out of the room after Natsu insisted on trying to save his friends was the one where Natsu and Wendy explained that their Earthland Fairy Tail friends had been captured by the kingdom and were going to be turned into pure magic.

In other words Natsu explains that Lisanna's real brother and sister, as well as pretty much everything else she knew and loved before arriving in Edoras were helpless and about to be murdered for use as power. She proceeds to do absolutely nothing to try and save them, isn't even shown as thinking about their welfare, just the feelings of the siblings that don't even love the real her.
Sep 20, 2010 1:06 PM

May 2008
Am I the only one who thought bringing her to life was extremely retarded?

Extremely bad move mangaka, pulling a senseless twist like that.
Dec 14, 2010 11:17 PM

Oct 2010
i cried
this better be the real one!
Apr 12, 2011 9:24 PM
Mar 2011
Loved it.
May 8, 2011 5:25 PM

Aug 2010
Thought that she may have been sucked up into edolas, thats awesome :)
May 21, 2011 6:07 PM

Jun 2009
what the?! lisanna is alive?! i'm really schock about this one..

i wonder what will happen to natsu and lucy.. i;m afraid that their bonds will somewhat fade because of lisanna.. T_T
Sep 5, 2017 6:02 AM

Feb 2013
If someone tells me that they didn't cry while reading this chapter I won't believe them.
Dec 16, 2017 7:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Lisanna´s mystery, resolve!!! kekeke
Apr 10, 2018 10:50 PM

Jan 2014
Not gonna lie, I shed some manly tears after this chapter. It was beautifully done.
Feb 29, 1:58 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
so much emotion in this chapter <3

i think i prefer the anime adaptation, the ost that plays always hits me in the feels. although i could prefer the anime just cause i saw it first, dunno
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.