Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 7, 2015 2:56 PM

Sep 2014
KarmAlicious said:
I can't give this Anime more than a 6/10.
I also can't make out why you can give this such a high rating. Frankly speaking I was struggling over finishing this Anime, but I was hoping (as with Steins Gate) that the Story would later begin to be compelling.
Unfortunately this was not the case, still the last few episodes were quite good.
I was expecting more.

What are you talking about. Steins;Gate never reached the quality of the story presented in Ergo Proxy througout, lol.
Dec 13, 2015 10:00 PM
Jun 2012
This anime has blown my mind away in almost every episode. As for the people thinking this anime had 'filler' episodes....it really didn't. Episodes like the Game Show & Pino in smileland helped us answer many questions regarding the proxies & just what is going on. Yes, they were different from the other episodes but if you watch them carefully, you'll be amazed on how beautifully scripted they are! :)

Overall, this anime was truly amazing. I'll be blunt, I did like Re-L(blue makeup) in the beginning but as the anime went on, I took against her & distasted her personality. I still feel the same way, can't really wrap my head around her. I loved the duo of Pino & Vincent. Vincent, whom is very underrated I believe.

I have nothing but praise for this anime. It has left me with many questions but after reading others' views & explanations regarding the ending, I have much more of a grasp on what has happened. This wouldn't typically be an anime that I would add to my collection but it's earned it through the amazing suspense, mystery & most importantly, the story! I will let everything settle in for awhile & then I'm going to be rewatching it with all my current knowledge of what's happening so hopefully, I can better understand it!

Ergo Proxy, a true masterpiece! :) & btw, PINO is AWESOME!! ;D
Dec 29, 2015 2:25 PM

Apr 2014
Amazing series. 8/10
Dec 29, 2015 5:42 PM
Dec 2014
why is it with psychological anime like this and neon genesis do people just ignore the tragically bad plot that makes no sense blows my mind
Dec 29, 2015 5:45 PM
Dec 2014
Miragee said:
KarmAlicious said:
I can't give this Anime more than a 6/10.
I also can't make out why you can give this such a high rating. Frankly speaking I was struggling over finishing this Anime, but I was hoping (as with Steins Gate) that the Story would later begin to be compelling.
Unfortunately this was not the case, still the last few episodes were quite good.
I was expecting more.

What are you talking about. Steins;Gate never reached the quality of the story presented in Ergo Proxy througout, lol.

iMAGINE giving steins gate a 6/10 then ergo proxy a 9 im actually embarrassed to look at your fucking existence right now.
Dec 29, 2015 6:51 PM

Sep 2014
MadRoosterr said:
Miragee said:

iMAGINE giving steins gate a 6/10 then ergo proxy a 9 im actually embarrassed to look at your fucking existence right now.

Imagine I feel the same looking at your existance. ;)
Jan 2, 2016 6:16 AM

Aug 2014
Nice Ending , those last 3 episodes were great and they didn't disappoint .

I feel it is difficult for me to review/rate this anime , i may change my opinion about it later , but for now this is my opinion :

Animation : the animation certainly wasn't bad , but it wasn't so great either. good animation considering that this was released in early 2006 . 7/10

Art : 7.5/10

Story : It is really an interesting story , but also very confusing , it is good to make a plot that will make you think for deep meanings , but too much confusing can bring negative results , also some episodes were not in the same quality with the great episodes ( i dont know about this section , it is complex , i think for now i will rate it 7.5/10 )

Sound : 10/10 - Great sounds , voice acting was very good , Soundtrack was so damn amazing ( mixing it with this dark atmosphere fits me really well ) , sound effects were good but not that great . if the voice acting was a little bit better and they put more effort in sound effect , i would have rated this 12/10 .

Character : every character had something to offer , good cast , liked them all especially the 2 main characters , but i didn't found that amazing character .
8/10

Enjoyment : Great , sometimes it was a bit boring but most of the time i really was entertained . 8/10

Value : great re-watch value , it has its style . 8/10

Overall : 8.3/10 => 8/10

* This anime had the potential imo to be a masterpiece , put some effort in the Technical section , improve the story , add some more interesting characters , add a few plot twists and emotional moments , and here you go , you've got a 10/10 quality anime .

Anyway , I'm not so sure about my short review , but for now i'll leave it like this .
Very good anime , and it deserves more attention imo .

" Underrated Anime "
Jan 2, 2016 10:01 AM

Feb 2015
Nice i see that cheering you to watch it was not a waste Klassical . Unlike 1 other user i know that not so long ago tried to watch it and stopped after ep 15 despite regularly receiving even more insights from me then you. I am happy that yet another user got through it and left with strong impression.

As you said it could very much easily be ranked way higher then currently and no 1 would complain about(not cuz quality itself but quite a few anime that pale in comparison are up there for no reason really), but that is another topic.

ExowaveJan 2, 2016 10:05 AM
Jan 14, 2016 8:27 AM

Sep 2013
Ok amazing story, but maybe some hole in the "dream episode".

The 3 last episode was very interesting I thought it was a dream again but this series amaze me for give me wrong impression.

8/10 I want rewatch the 3 last episode again for more understanding the story more.
Feb 1, 2016 4:07 AM

Aug 2013
Great story and characters. Pino totally made this anime for me, despite being a machine she is clearly one of the most interesting characters. Although the game show episode was weird, i still loved this anime.
Feb 4, 2016 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
Nothing to comment.. wonderful piece of work.
I can't help but feel the dream episodes were messing with our heads.
There's not much anime that could give me such a headache like this one.
In the end it's still fairly confusing but a nice conclusion to the story.
Despite all the mysteries the actual thing was quite simple lol.
Feb 23, 2016 10:17 PM
Jan 2016
Good ending. To many anime's with crap/sad endings.

I would really have been pissed off if Pino didn't make it.
Feb 25, 2016 2:55 AM

May 2010
This was quite something. Pino is one of my favorites. In the last few episodes, I was praying intensely that she doesn't die 'cause I thought she had a death flag. I'm really glad she didn't. She's too precious to have anything bad happen to her. I also really liked Lil, she's a strong character. Vincent, though, whined a lot. It's good he got some great character development, but meh. Idc. Deadalus, Raul, Monad, Iggy, Hody, Quinn, Timothy; all were great. The cast was really solid.

Now, the story was very well-done. Don't think the plot twists and execution are at Shinsekai Yori level (its often compared to that one) but still great on its own. Had some great twists, but I felt like there is still some room for a sequel. Maybe not a direct sequel, just something more to the universe 'cause it's such a fantastic one that letting it end here feels like a waste. Also some of the explanations were really vague. I get the "the readers create their own viewpoint out of this particular scene" thing, but I still wish it was a bit more linear/ easy to understand.

9/10, it raised some really sensitive questions. What's solitude? What's the difference between a human and "monster"? Is it their actions, or just appearance? Stuff like these was explored very well, and the characters got some really good development. Definitely, a memorable show.
TragicRomanceFeb 25, 2016 3:04 AM
Mar 11, 2016 6:35 PM

Jun 2014
EP still remains my all time fav anime.

I don't think vincent will kill the creators (humans) because he chose to come back as vincent (human) instead of burning up in the sun with monad. He realizes being human is shitty but he wants to experience it anyway.

I give the series an 11/10!
Apr 1, 2016 10:43 PM
Jun 2014
Was pretty good, I think the show had some pacing issues as it got closer to the end, but overall story was decent and I enjoyed the characters a lot. Definitely an 8/10, but I gave it a 9/10.
May 27, 2016 9:44 PM

Dec 2015
It was a beautiful end.
Jun 8, 2016 7:30 PM

May 2016
TragicRomance said:
This was quite something. Pino is one of my favorites. In the last few episodes, I was praying intensely that she doesn't die 'cause I thought she had a death flag. I'm really glad she didn't. She's too precious to have anything bad happen to her. I also really liked Lil, she's a strong character. Vincent, though, whined a lot. It's good he got some great character development, but meh. Idc. Deadalus, Raul, Monad, Iggy, Hody, Quinn, Timothy; all were great. The cast was really solid.

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. If she died I would of gave it like an 8. Pino is like the cutest thing I've seen in my life.
Jun 11, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2014
Great finale.

The series as a whole is a damn trek (fell asleep a few times), but the payoff is worth it. One of the best post-apocalyptic pieces of fiction I've seen.

8/10.
Jul 31, 2016 5:45 AM

May 2013
MadRoosterr said:
why is it with psychological anime like this and neon genesis do people just ignore the tragically bad plot that makes no sense blows my mind

Amen to that.
Seriously, how is it Amazing! -_-
Sep 9, 2016 1:24 AM

Oct 2015
That was the most boring anime i have ever seen this year. The plot was tedious and the characters did not do justice either. Especially vincent Law or Ergo Proxy and Re-l.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 15, 2016 7:54 AM

Mar 2010
Im rating this an 8/10

Simply cause after a while it sometimes felt a bit too dragged on and the ending is still confusing as hell.. Probably need to rewatch to understand but I barely rewatch series
Sep 16, 2016 6:25 AM
Oct 2014
Chloe-tsundere said:
Im rating this an 8/10

Simply cause after a while it sometimes felt a bit too dragged on and the ending is still confusing as hell.. Probably need to rewatch to understand but I barely rewatch series

Ending is not confusing at all but there are parts of the story that aren't properly explained.
Sep 16, 2016 6:26 AM
Oct 2014
lihle808 said:
That was the most boring anime i have ever seen this year. The plot was tedious and the characters did not do justice either. Especially vincent Law or Ergo Proxy and Re-l.

U best stick to shows like Naruto and stay away from the stories that are 2deep4u. :)
Sep 16, 2016 10:58 AM

Mar 2010
malonur said:
Chloe-tsundere said:
Im rating this an 8/10

Ending is not confusing at all but there are parts of the story that aren't properly explained.

Yes thus means it is confusing xD I dont know what you see as "confusing" but to me that means when questions are left unanswered ;) so not a full ending that explains everything
Nov 15, 2016 4:50 AM
Jul 2018
I can praise this series as a masterpiece for the atmosphere, character designs, and visuals. The characters themselves were for the most part interesting and unique - although some of them started off obnoxious (particularly Re-L), they developed well. One thing that really brought it down (that I've mentioned in another discussion), however, is the jumbled nature of much of the dialogue and plot development.

I'm quite torn as to what I want to rate this. I'll give it a 9 as of writing this - I largely rate it so high for it's philosophical and occult (that which is hidden) value, as well as the visuals/atmosphere I mentioned earlier.
Nov 18, 2016 7:29 AM

Oct 2012
I never expect anything from the ending and I'm still kinda disappointed
I know they'll leave the ending open just like that
That's really too open for me

Oh well
I enjoyed the entire journey
What matter to me is...
PINO IS ALIVE!!
That's more than enough for me :D
"Signature removed"
Dec 22, 2016 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
Ray_Light said:
I never expect anything from the ending and I'm still kinda disappointed
I know they'll leave the ending open just like that
That's really too open for me

Oh well
I enjoyed the entire journey
What matter to me is...
PINO IS ALIVE!!
That's more than enough for me :D

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! I was so anxious that the writers would kill off Pino or just kill everyone off at the end, but SHE LIVES!

Tis was a great series. Was confusing and strange at times, but generally enjoyable!
Dec 24, 2016 11:47 PM

Jan 2013
The start really had me going and I was genuinely interested in the story, I loved the mystery it had.
Unfortunately not everything was explained properly which is not a bad thing persé but it did feel kind of dragged out.

The supposed "filler" episodes were actually a great addition to the somber and dark atmosphere the anime had.

I probably didn't catch everything this show tried to explain but I got the gist of it.

8/10 from me.

I did watch it in the English dub, I might rewatch it another time with the Japanese dub.
This might be just like NGE where rewatching the show made me enjoy it so much more after finding out bits I didn't catch the first time.
Dec 26, 2016 3:15 AM

Feb 2016
I wish I could understand all the references and symbolism to better enjoy the show..

I was a little bit pissed off when someone mentioned that the humans descending were likely from out of space. How could I miss that?!? And that they were the creators not God. Boy I'm stupid. Super Duper Forerunners were actually humans. Worst of all they ran like cowards quickly and left all their dirty work to the proxies only for them to farkin' die when they come back! That's cruel, really cruel.

Re-L seemed to get it when Daedalus deduced that the proxies weren't even the first option, rather they ended up being an obstacle for the first. Which is why the first 'obvious proxy' called Vincent a traitor.

"In Greek mythology, Daedalus was a skillful craftsman and artist. He is the father of Icarus".

I also can't believe I turned my brain off to the constant inexplicable attraction between Re-L and Vincent. In typical anime I watch, it is what it is and nothing more but not Ergo Proxy my dear.

Re-L ends up being a Monad clone which was used to draw Vincent home. Daedalus was destined to be a high citizen because of the role he was born into. At first he was annoying but it ends up being so tragically bittersweet that he, the creator of Re-L could never earn the love of his created, always having to play second fiddle as the important middle cog for Re-L and Vincent.

Also explained why grandfather never loved Re-L.

Monad's death and betrayal/pain bought to Vincent was the reason Vincent tried to erase his memories and run away from his creation.
Cloud_IllusionsDec 26, 2016 3:31 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jan 1, 2017 6:06 AM
Oct 2015
Fellow-Citizens,

I've just finished Ergo Proxy. Ending was underwhelming and dumb. Really gay baby stuff.
The whole show is clearly in love with itself.

PAINFUL REFERENCES
The episode of "Ophelia" contains at least two references to Shakespeare's Hamlet I could see - ie Re-L is stylised as Ophelia, drowning. The Proxy has also killed everyone in the city, just as all the characters die at the end of Hamlet.

Daedalus, the doctor, makes a hole heap of dumb references to the Greek Daedalus, who's son Icarus flies too close to the sun. Except in this dumb anime, he creates a second Re-L, and she flies too close to the sun.

There's stacks more. Probably significant references to Plato and his bud Aristotle, the School of Athens, etc but I am not familiar with the material. Even the ending is a reference to Classical Greek plays - often God just comes in at the end "Deus Ex Machina (Day of God)" and fixes the mess.

AN EXPLANATION OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN
Re-L and Vincent finally fkn get back to Rondo in episode 21/23. Whole place has gone to shit/is on fire/auto raves are all infected with the cogito virus.

Anyway, Vincent Law was just a split personality with Ergo Proxy. On his return, Ergo kills the regent.

Behind the regent, at the top of Rondo, there's another Ergo Proxy. They fight.
It turns out the proxies are what create the domes and continue to propagate the human race on behalf of God. Ergo abandoned Rondo to be with his lover, Monad, who created the Mosk dome. He appointed Re-L's grandfather in his stead and hence both the Regent & Re-L are connected through Vincent.

BACKSTORY: Turns out you can't have a dome without a proxy.
The regent nukes Mosk to try and get Ergo to come back and captures Monad to fuel the dome. Ergo then kills the captured Monad (dno why, that shit wasn't explained).
>Ergo makes the Vincent personality so he can forget about all the shit that's happened.

FINAL EPISODE(S)
-Raul is injured after the second Re-L shoots him, then impales himself on some jagged glass and dies.

-Daedalus is crushed by falling rocks.

-Vincent, Pino (the aut), Christiva (Raul's autorave) & Re-L make it back to the rabbit and sail off into the distance.

-God sends out some ships from heaven to re-propagate the human race now that Vincent/Ergo Proxy has averted whatever manifold destruction that we were supposed to care about.

REVIEW
1/10. The first couple of episodes were good.
Jan 4, 2017 7:29 AM

May 2016
Muted_Knights said:
Fellow-Citizens,

I've just finished Ergo Proxy. Ending was underwhelming and dumb. Really gay baby stuff.
The whole show is clearly in love with itself.

PAINFUL REFERENCES
The episode of "Ophelia" contains at least two references to Shakespeare's Hamlet I could see - ie Re-L is stylised as Ophelia, drowning. The Proxy has also killed everyone in the city, just as all the characters die at the end of Hamlet.

Daedalus, the doctor, makes a hole heap of dumb references to the Greek Daedalus, who's son Icarus flies too close to the sun. Except in this dumb anime, he creates a second Re-L, and she flies too close to the sun.

There's stacks more. Probably significant references to Plato and his bud Aristotle, the School of Athens, etc but I am not familiar with the material. Even the ending is a reference to Classical Greek plays - often God just comes in at the end "Deus Ex Machina (Day of God)" and fixes the mess.

AN EXPLANATION OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN
Re-L and Vincent finally fkn get back to Rondo in episode 21/23. Whole place has gone to shit/is on fire/auto raves are all infected with the cogito virus.

Anyway, Vincent Law was just a split personality with Ergo Proxy. On his return, Ergo kills the regent.

Behind the regent, at the top of Rondo, there's another Ergo Proxy. They fight.
It turns out the proxies are what create the domes and continue to propagate the human race on behalf of God. Ergo abandoned Rondo to be with his lover, Monad, who created the Mosk dome. He appointed Re-L's grandfather in his stead and hence both the Regent & Re-L are connected through Vincent.

BACKSTORY: Turns out you can't have a dome without a proxy.
The regent nukes Mosk to try and get Ergo to come back and captures Monad to fuel the dome. Ergo then kills the captured Monad (dno why, that shit wasn't explained).
>Ergo makes the Vincent personality so he can forget about all the shit that's happened.

FINAL EPISODE(S)
-Raul is injured after the second Re-L shoots him, then impales himself on some jagged glass and dies.

-Daedalus is crushed by falling rocks.

-Vincent, Pino (the aut), Christiva (Raul's autorave) & Re-L make it back to the rabbit and sail off into the distance.

-God sends out some ships from heaven to re-propagate the human race now that Vincent/Ergo Proxy has averted whatever manifold destruction that we were supposed to care about.

REVIEW
1/10. The first couple of episodes were good.
That explanation of Ophelia was hilarious because you proved with like one sentence that you had no idea what the fuck you were talking about.

>episode that expands on the ineffable boundaries between reality, dream, and the double is suddenly just a Hamlet reference because "lol Ophelia"
>hey look, I can point out Greek references but have zero capacity in understanding their significance

10/10, would pleb again
Jan 6, 2017 3:30 PM
Dec 2016
Yudina said:
Muted_Knights said:
bunch of nonsense
That explanation of Ophelia was hilarious because you proved with like one sentence that you had no idea what the fuck you were talking about.

>episode that expands on the ineffable boundaries between reality, dream, and the double is suddenly just a Hamlet reference because "lol Ophelia"
>hey look, I can point out Greek references but have zero capacity in understanding their significance

10/10, would pleb again

Well, you can't expect much from a person who rated SAO 10. At least he proved that he didn't understand a thing from watching Ergo Proxy .
Feb 21, 2017 12:09 AM
Feb 2015
I verbally "quit" this anime while watching 3 times, and kept persisting because I wanted answers - I was highly AMAZED that I had closure...which is more often not the case with psychological anime. I hated this anime: I hated the pace, Vincent annoyed me to no end, I hated how princess-like Re-L was...but I loved all the characters...even them. I don't know how that's possible but it happened LOL

This was not enjoyable, very taxing....but I am so glad I watched it straight through because this end was so incredibly satisfying.

May I say just one more thing...I hate that people put this show into two categories: the ones that are intelligent enough to understand and love it, and the ones that couldn't grasp the concept and hated it. I think that's just pretentious BS! There are people who simply hate it for other reasons than they couldn't understand it's depth! Really? And many times they simply babble philosophies that sound like they're from tumblr so it's not THAT deep, people. However...all in all...it was a UNIQUE experience that I'm grateful I stuck with...it did have its thoughtful and deep moments..but this show dragged on like a painful death. I'd never recommend it for enjoyment.
Mar 12, 2017 4:30 AM

Apr 2016
A great conclusion to the story, the truth is revealed, happy ending it seems but to me it's an open end, but it's very nice to put it that way, got goosebump at the final scene, don't really know why maybe because it made me feel something has just risen from the dark.

This is one a few series that i hardly find any annoying aspect (except for the character design), the pacing is probably the most impressive aspect in this show, not one moment did i feel bored while watching, in fact there were some episode made me feel like time was freezing, which is odd yet brilliant. Sound is another strong point, i love every music used, they fits the theme and suit the atmostphere very well, and can't get enough of the OP, probably one of the best i've heard.

My biggest rant is that the characters could have been made better, i mean their motive, development are quite ambiguous and i had trouble understanding them, but still they did the job well, i think i like the side characters more like the Iggy and Raul though their screentime wasn't much.

Story is awesome, dark, thought-invoking, it reminds me of some movies. The show could have been better had it not been for some inconsistent execution which somewhat ruined the mood, however i never thought Manglobe would be able to pull out such an outstanding show, well done, it's suck they went bankrupt. 8/10
May 20, 2017 11:31 AM

Jan 2010
Wow, what a great show. First of all I love whole setting, dark/sad atmosphere really got to me. Story and characters were awesome. Developed in a nice way, really smothly. Also I really liked the fact that there was so much questions throughout whole show and that this build real tension. And then finale, great episode. Good music and animation too, although i felt like there was moments when art was lacking. Of course whole philosophical theme was great too, actually making spectator think. My only complaint is about 'filler episodes'. You could tell that show did slow down after 10 episodes. Altough these episode were great too and they revealed some more information about world, I feel like this time could be spent better. But this is really minor compalint for me. Awesome show overall, 9/10
Jun 27, 2017 11:04 AM

Mar 2012
I don't understand why people are praising this anime. It was honestly pretty bad. This was one messy plot, most episodes just started on a random note in a random place leaving it up to the viewers to guess where they are and how they reached there never really mattered. Finally when the series started to interest me the fillers came in to spoil the mood. The ending only made things more complicated rather than clear things up. It basically tells that these people have absolutely no regard for human life, it shows that it's perfectly fine to destroy anything and everything without regard for others just for the sake of your pride. Ergo Proxy is most probably going to kill the humans that survived and will be returning? I don't know if I missed on something or they just never gave a "proper" explanation as to why the humans had to flee to the space ship, the cause behind why everything in the outside world had deteriorated. Who exactly was Monad? Why are Proxys treating humans they created as play tools and manipulating even killing them?
Dec 31, 2017 7:57 AM
Feb 2015
The loli cunt had too much screentime

Lil mayers presence made up for it
Jan 19, 2018 3:25 PM

Mar 2012
Pino was great you heretic.

I enjoyed it overall although I wasn't a fan of the episodes that just killed the momentum of the story.
I still don't know what Vincent is though. Was he a clone of Proxy 1 or were there already two of them to begin with? Must've flown over my head.
Jan 21, 2018 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Brilliant ending. Feels good to understand what happened in this series.
Mar 15, 2018 4:11 AM

May 2016
Ergo Proxy was the show that got me into anime, and recently rewatching it has reaffirmed it as one of my all time favourites.

I love the way Ergo Proxy is able to depict a dark dystopian society with a gripping narrative. What starts off as an investigation regarding autoreiv's with cognito turns into an interesting journey betwen Re-I, Vincent & Pino that unravels the mysteries of Proxies and the world they reside in. Even though the series is a bit of a mindfuck with its philosophical themes but I felt like I better understood aspects of this story this time around. The dark gritty art style and its soundtrack complements the anime nicely.

As an urban planning student I'm interested in anime's that successfully explore the inner workings of their fractured dystopian societies (especially futuristic cyberpunk's), and yet I've struggled to find one that does it as well as Ergo Proxy. It's a truly unique immersive experience. I reckon I could easily watch this again for a third time!

9.5/10
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Mar 18, 2018 5:52 PM

Feb 2013
Monad / Re-l connection revealed.
Proxy Project comes to a close.
Boomerang.
5/5

Series remains 9/10 (excellent) after 8.5 years since I first watched it.
I still don't fully understand everything in this anime, but that's ok, something for next time.
May 18, 2018 8:53 PM

Jan 2018
Aw, now that's heartbreaking....

Damn, Daedalus' obsession is what killed him. Sucks for him.

This scene is like an angel carrying a prophet up towards heaven, but the prophet abandoned paradise to struggle with the imperfect humans.

Monad dying by sunlight kinda reminds me of the story of Icarus.
I guess the Earth is a symbolism of mortality and destruction. As the agent of Death, Vincent is only responsible for guiding humanity towards the inevitable, but he gets to choose how they will die and not the "Creator." In a way, Vincent is the true "God" now. Fighting his fate and rebuilding civilization.

Well, moving away from all of this philosophical jargon, all I care about is Pino surviving. To which she did, so I'm happy.

Sep 9, 2018 6:51 PM

Apr 2015
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would to be honest. Unlike Texhnolyze the characters here actually have some sense of agency and personality. I actually like what they did with Vincent in particular. He's tormented by the fact that he doesn't really know who he is, or even what he is. You often see him struggle with his own duality, it's a very human thing. Watching him finally accept his existence in spite of all misfortune that may await, alongside those he cares about--that's the ideal ending to his story. His character arc was very similar to Shinji's in NGE, which is probably why I liked it so much.

Compared to something like Lain, I actually think this show was a bit easier to follow. That isn't to say I understood everything on my first watch, but there was more exposition than I was expecting (though at times the info you were given was vague and/or cryptic, and didn't make complete sense at first). At least one of the episode transitions were a bit jarring too; namely when Re-l, Pino and Vincent finally make it back to Romdo.

Overall though, it's a solid series. 8/10. It definitely has some of the coolest art design and best animation I've seen yet.
Jan 31, 2019 8:42 PM

Mar 2016
A pure (sort of) sci-i end to a seemingly 'mystical' story.

I like this as an art piece, that consistency and creatively plays with ideas of duality, dependence and 'fate' but as a story I'm not sure if I can get much from this ending. I'm a pleb who is afraid of freedom, maybe. Was pleased that robot-existentialism wasn't the whole damn thing, but when it was there it fit nicely into the overall theme.

@Muted_Knights Y'know if you wanted to bring up Daedalus, it would have been more interesting to talk about the labyrinth/Romdo and the dual symbolism of Real's (Ariadne's) ball of string/the red string of fate. Baby stuff, as you say.
syncrogazerFeb 16, 2019 4:20 PM
Mar 22, 2019 11:32 AM

May 2016
I love this anime. I do not see why it's under 8 now. Sucks the company went under. Was this anime the entire manga? Because I wish we could see like the earth being regrown or something. Character wise, Pino is the cutest thing ever and Re l is a cunt but still a good character. Now if I could change one thing about this it would be Vincent. He sucks so bad and is lame as hell. Also dub voice actor just doesn't fit him for me.
Apr 3, 2019 12:26 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
this was a really mix between confusing (not in a good way) and boring
i loved the op and i liked the idea behind it
but it was not really much for me

5/10

Apr 19, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
it's solid 8/10 from me the ending felt like a cliffhanger but the best episode is 15 with and I like how they linked that episode with characters and the story. Also Pino was always best character.
Apr 22, 2019 10:53 AM
Jan 2019
extremely interesting anime

His philosophy and mysteries are very engaging, but unfortunately I did not like the "fillings" of this anime, apart from seemingly leaving some loose ends, but it seems that it was meant to be anyway.

7/10
May 10, 2019 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
This anime was unique and had an interesting message to it, but the execution was poorly done

There were some very unnecessary episodes present within this anime that could have instead focused on character development

Animation/Art was very lacking, considering this is from Manglobe

Music is definitely the shows biggest aspect. Amazing opening and Ed songs

Honestly Casshern Sins is the superior version of Ergo Proxy in pretty much every single aspect

Overall it was a decent watch. Had some memorable moments such as the Iggy episode, and also the episodes involving Hoody. But also had a lot of other moments that I didn't care for, or found boring.

6/10
Sep 6, 2019 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Such a boring masterpiece. The whole show was boring but the last 2 episodes were brilliant. The ending was awesome with him saying the title and his eyes turning demonic blue.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.