Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 30, 2010 3:27 PM

Aug 2009
Cute episode! I really liked it. ^_^
But, was Usui really expecting something? xD
Jul 30, 2010 3:42 PM

Jan 2010
Seriously, one of the best and most entertaining episodes of this series. Very fun and I'm actually excited for next weeks episode.

grope!
Jul 30, 2010 3:47 PM

Dec 2009
"Flat as a board."

Instant classic, lmao!
Ara ara.
Jul 30, 2010 3:54 PM

Dec 2009
So Misaki's breast are flat flat flat flat flat flat flat FLAT. Somehow expected.
Jul 30, 2010 4:51 PM

Mar 2008
Soffi said:
So Misaki's breast are flat flat flat flat flat flat flat FLAT. Somehow expected.

I'd object to that statement. This is what Usui said, but it doesn't mean he said the truth. He merely acted to let Misa participate further. Also, I'd rather say it's Misa, whose expression is DEJECTED, not disappointed. FFFpeeps should learn some Japanese. You can even see the sign coming from her direction. She's actually pissed that she had to let Usui touch her. And Usui wasn't disappointed, he was rather shocked that she let him do it. At least that's how I got it from both manga and anime.
Jul 30, 2010 5:28 PM

Jul 2010
soulelle said:
Soffi said:

I'd object to that statement. This is what Usui said, but it doesn't mean he said the truth. He merely acted to let Misa participate further. Also, I'd rather say it's Misa, whose expression is DEJECTED, not disappointed. FFFpeeps should learn some Japanese. You can even see the sign coming from her direction. She's actually pissed that she had to let Usui touch her. And Usui wasn't disappointed, he was rather shocked that she let him do it. At least that's how I got it from both manga and anime.

I didn't think of it that way, and judging by most of the other comments, a lot of other people didn't either. I thought it was kind of ironic that people were hating on Usui for giving her a kiss mark, but now in this episode he touches her chest and it's considered comical.

Anyways, next episode looks like it'll be good.
Jul 30, 2010 5:41 PM

Sep 2009
Kazandravk said:
But, was Usui really expecting something? xD

of course he was....a dude after all ;)

Misaki does not look flat at all....it must be what soulelle said above.

In the preview....Misaki agrees to be Usui's maid?....Usui in megane
Jul 30, 2010 6:34 PM

Jul 2009
If I recall correctly the green hair girl didn't have small boobs.. WTFF lol
Jul 30, 2010 6:49 PM

Jun 2010
I couldn't stop laughing at the disappointment on Usui's face! XD
Hi
Jul 30, 2010 7:40 PM

Jun 2010
Yea didnt she also have her chest wrapped I think, but whatever I mean all the other times whether her school uniform or her maid outfit she seems well figured for the most part.

Next episode looks like its tailor made for Usuis random skills.
Jul 30, 2010 8:18 PM

Apr 2008
lols~ such disappointment expression on Usui's face haha

Jul 30, 2010 8:19 PM

May 2010
loool flat. misaki makes a hot guy xD

also... kanou x yukimura ftw :D
Jul 30, 2010 8:49 PM

Apr 2009
Usui got to second base.
Jul 30, 2010 8:49 PM

Jun 2007
OF COURSE THEY END IT LIKE THAT. Ugh, now we have to wait until next week to see what happens.

Jul 30, 2010 9:04 PM

Feb 2010
alwaysbored said:
Flat as a board.
Usui's disappointed face was pure win.

haha yeah i agree xD

and can't wait for next episode...his hairstyle in the next episode is one of my favorites of Usui!
Jul 30, 2010 10:27 PM

Jul 2010
yup~ wad soulelle said is true.

Misaki ain't exactly flat tbh. It's kinda obvious. I do give props to Takumi for recovering fast and playing along though... hehe :P

Anyway if it was any other guy i doubt Misaki would do that but since it was Usui Takumi, she could let it pass XD
Jul 30, 2010 10:31 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
I'm amazed at how far she goes just to get a little payback and who would go through those spartan challenges just to be a butler.
Jul 30, 2010 11:07 PM

May 2008
Haha that was great expected that

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 30, 2010 11:28 PM

Sep 2009
This episode was very entertaining. I wish Usui was her partner before they did the changing challenge.
Jul 31, 2010 12:05 AM

Feb 2010
kyaa~ usui in megane. cant wait for the next episode. <3
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Jul 31, 2010 1:06 AM

Jul 2010
saxophone15 said:
This episode was very entertaining. I wish Usui was her partner before they did the changing challenge.

i think she did not wanna ask Usui since she kinda feels she owes him too many favours already :P
Jul 31, 2010 2:15 AM

Nov 2008
Can't wait to see how this one plays out next week.
Jul 31, 2010 4:54 AM
Jan 2008
This episode was wonderfull. Usui's comment was just wonderfull. I hope there will be a next season, because they really can't get everyting from the manga in the last 8 episodes.
Jul 31, 2010 8:37 AM

Jan 2010
"Flat as a board..." ^^ .. Usui's disappointed face was funny
angelei28Aug 18, 2010 7:49 PM
Jul 31, 2010 9:36 AM

May 2010
"Flat as board" >.<

lol'ed @ the baka trio wriggling xD
Jul 31, 2010 10:08 AM

Jun 2010
Can't wait for the next

Jul 31, 2010 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
Iilia said:
soulelle said:
Soffi said:

I didn't think of it that way, and judging by most of the other comments, a lot of other people didn't either. I thought it was kind of ironic that people were hating on Usui for giving her a kiss mark, but now in this episode he touches her chest and it's considered comical.

Exactly. Ironic was the exact word I was looking for. But I'm thinking it's because he did the kiss thing on his own, while Misaki put his hand on her chest. Oh, well. These forums are always filled with whiners.
Jul 31, 2010 2:56 PM

Mar 2008
Iilia said:
I thought it was kind of ironic that people were hating on Usui for giving her a kiss mark

Really???????!! I don't read comments for each episode.. but this is truly surprising for me... personally, that was one of my most favourite moment in the entire manga - onу of the very few I truly love and was so looking forward to watching it animated. I'd fall for Usui just for that kissmark *_* but to hate him.... woah... I still can't believe in such a reaction.... gone reading ep17 comments
Jul 31, 2010 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
Flat as a BOARD!

KAICHOU WA MAID SAMA IS THE BEST ANIME EVER!?!?!?
Jul 31, 2010 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
While I know it's pretty much the entire point of his character, it kinda bugs me how Igarashi has almost no redeemable characteristics. It's not that I have a problem with him being Rich Arrogant Shoujo Antagonist Guy, it's just that you'd think there'd be some part of him that would make him even a tiny bit more sympathetic. Well, there is the whole "no one opposes me because I have money and power and I am therefore bored with normal women" thing, but that's kinda weak. Then again, he is supposed to be Usui's shadow counterpart (at least that's how I see it), so he kinda has to be flat to remain as the obvious foil.

Speaking of flat characters, while I know Misaki was never really shown as especially well-endowed, "flat as a board" seemed to be pushing it. Funny though.
Ha-cha!
Jul 31, 2010 4:41 PM

Apr 2010
Why Was Everyone Suprised(Beside the girls) When Usui Touched Her Breasts o.o

Jul 31, 2010 4:43 PM

Jan 2010
When will we see an ep of Misaki looking pretty like she does in the ED >_>
Jul 31, 2010 8:09 PM

Aug 2007
When I read this on the manga I thought that with the story will end kaichou anime. I was wrong
Aug 1, 2010 1:07 AM

May 2008
Great episode, I enjoyed it a lot~
Usui's disappointed face was funny~
Aug 1, 2010 2:41 AM

Dec 2009
angelei28 said:
"Flat as a board..." ^^ ..

Poor Usui~
Aug 1, 2010 3:17 AM

Mar 2008
minimiau said:
When I read this on the manga I thought that with the story will end kaichou anime. I was wrong

once it was clear we'll have 26 episodes instead of 13, I became pretty sure they'll stop at ch.32. That'd be the perfect timing. Though it's such a pity that
Aug 1, 2010 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
Kaminokaze said:
This episode was pretty good. Follows the manga exactly. Next episode should spice things up ;).

Can't wait for next episode

hahah xD looooved it! I thought they r going to put it all in one episode.. uuuh, can't wait for the next one!!! :))
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Aug 1, 2010 5:09 PM

Dec 2008
Iilia said:

You realize there's a difference, right? Usui giving her a hickey on her back was wrong because 1) Misaki never gave her consent for it and 2) it totally ruined her day and he didn't even apologize.

In this episode, Misaki chose to have herself "groped" by Usui in order to keep going in the contest. The key word here is, of course, choice. If Usui randomly groped Misaki, then yeah, it would be wrong; but because Misaki was the one to cause it, then it's fine.

ANYWAY. I digress.

I'm surprised. I actually enjoyed this episode once it got rolling and the gags even had me laughing. It was nice to see Igarashi again because he's such a jerkass. I do hope that, eventually, we'll see a little more depth to him, but right now, I'm content hating him.
Aug 1, 2010 5:16 PM

Feb 2009
Aeterna said:
Iilia said:

You realize there's a difference, right? Usui giving her a hickey on her back was wrong because 1) Misaki never gave her consent for it and 2) it totally ruined her day and he didn't even apologize.

In this episode, Misaki chose to have herself "groped" by Usui in order to keep going in the contest. The key word here is, of course, choice. If Usui randomly groped Misaki, then yeah, it would be wrong; but because Misaki was the one to cause it, then it's fine.

That is not totally true. It could be considered sexual harrasment for Misaki to force Usui to grope her, as he did not give his consent for her to get him to touch in an "innapropriate" place. Sexual harrasment can work both ways.

We all know that that isn't how it went down, but speaking from a "moral" standpoint, they are sexually harrasing each other...
Aug 1, 2010 5:46 PM

Dec 2008
Kipcha said:
Aeterna said:
Iilia said:

That is not totally true. It could be considered sexual harrasment for Misaki to force Usui to grope her, as he did not give his consent for her to get him to touch in an "innapropriate" place. Sexual harrasment can work both ways.

We all know that that isn't how it went down, but speaking from a "moral" standpoint, they are sexually harrasing each other...

LOL you are right, actually. I was just thinking it from Misaki's standpoint, as she's the central character. I guess you could always make the argument that the hickey had plenty of tangible negative consequences (and as I mentioned, I didn't see Usui apologize for it or attempt to make it up to Misaki), whereas Misaki getting Usui to grope her didn't look like it had much of an impact on Usui's life and, due to Misaki's personality, she'd probably want to owe him for saving her. Still, that's me assuming things and I don't want to assume too much so I'll leave it at this =_=;
Aug 2, 2010 12:21 AM

May 2010
"Flat as a board....." Usui's Disappointment face Epic win!
Lol when all the guys thought Aoi was a girl XD
Aug 2, 2010 12:32 AM

Jul 2008
usui's disappointment- nice. and thinking aoi is a girl isn't that hard since all he really needs is a wig to fool most people
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 2, 2010 11:47 AM

Mar 2010
One of the best episodes so far! Especially the end. hehe :)
Aug 3, 2010 4:49 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode imo, best of the serie yet.
Aug 4, 2010 9:34 AM

Sep 2009
Loved it!
Bring on next weeks ep :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Aug 4, 2010 9:48 AM

Jan 2008
lol This episode was so much fun.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 8, 2010 3:59 PM

Aug 2008
It was really interesting... more than funny interesting... The characs are somehow growing.... Of course the growth is not promoted by their own, it's promoted by a problematic situation, but at least they (Igarashi and Maki) makething quite interesting

Lol at Yukimura and Kanou... they're like the perfect Yaoi couple! You know who's the Seme and who's the Uke... It's quite obvious hahahaha... It made me laugh especially hard when Kanou easily lifted Yukimura uphill hahahaha... She really... um I mean he really looks like a she.. and acts and is like a she XD

So Maid Latte is in trouble and no one will let it easily die... Yay for the San Baka participating and actually trying to save Maid Latte... and supporting Misaki... I love those guys... They also had a bunch of funny moments, especially when Igarashi ignored them XD

SO then after they found they will make a Footman's Audition they entered and so Aoi secretly paired up with Usui and Misaki who's obviously Flat as a board (besides just as a curious note, it's said that she's an A Cup in the manga) paired up with the awesome and hot sexy Subaru... BTW she looked so moe when she was discovered... but she had to be so slow huh? Oh well whatever...

So then Usui+Misaki pair is up... not before a surprising move from Misaki... She let Usui grope her... OWWWH My GAWWWWD!! XD Wowow... the move was as awesome as in the manga... Damn you Misa... more than disappoint Usui you surprised him! You owe him one favor less hahaha

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2010 2:01 PM

Dec 2009
A very good episode! I loved it! Usui's comment was EPIC! :D Can't wait to see what happens next!
<i>Even if I carry these countless scars with me
Quickly or softly, either way you aren't getting my soul</i>
Aug 10, 2010 4:13 PM

Mar 2008
"Flat as board''

I liek this episode.
Aug 10, 2010 8:08 PM

Oct 2008
Haha, loved the disappointment on Usui's face.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.