Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 18, 2015 3:48 AM

Dec 2013
nice ending!!!!! aaakkk I can't believe Chiaki sama would be romantic like that. and lol noda's father took him as son-in-law already I can't wait what will happen with them in Paris!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Feb 2, 2015 3:17 AM

Aug 2009
Finished this series in under 13 hours wow. I must say I am hooked and will head straight into the sequel now. Really great journey although I wished there was a bit more romance between the two main leads. But anyway this anime was fantastic, hilarious, and the music was beautiful. I don't know why it took me so long to start watching this. I'm so glad I finally did, and I do not regret it even though I'm losing so many hours of sleep it's worth it. Well off to the next season!

Feb 16, 2015 3:06 AM

Dec 2011
Have watch this anime for the 5th times and it still as awesome when i first watch it.I would have never if i didn't watch the Live-action Japanese drama which is really a great one and faithful to the manga.Just watch the Korean version of Nodame and i enjoy it, wasn't better than the Japanese one but there are some scene about that wasn't in the Japanese one.Love Chiaki x Nodame <3 and all other characters in this anime....
Feb 23, 2015 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
inb4 i give it a 10/10 again
Mar 4, 2015 3:18 PM
Sep 2013
100000000/10

the music, the pacing and everything was so nicely done. loved nodame to death, so cute!

that ending scene made me so happy T_T so sad it's over :(
bbrianMar 4, 2015 3:26 PM
Mar 12, 2015 9:34 AM

Nov 2012
such a good ending to the series! :) a very nice series, didn't expect to like it this much, especially since i'm not into classical music. 8/10
Mar 18, 2015 5:29 AM

Jun 2013
Great ending!
Chiaki hugged Nodame! <3
i cri. T_T
Good thing there's a sequel! :D
Apr 3, 2015 5:59 AM

Apr 2014
aahh nodame..... 10/10.
Apr 10, 2015 2:48 PM

Jun 2009
Btw guys, don't forget to watch the ED, it has a fair amount of extra information in it.
May 8, 2015 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
A great finale to a great series! A superb conclusion, that backhug!
May 20, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
Sometimes memories can constrict your heart.
But then the heart has a new encounter that sets it free.
And now it can take flight.
Shinichi-kun no bakaaaaaa :')
Jun 11, 2015 9:29 PM

Dec 2013
This anime made my love for music and classical music stronger x99999999999

Probably more than Shigatsu since this is more music based.

10/10. Nodame is too cute.

The ending was sooooooo SOOOOOO good. I almost got teary eyed. So nice. Loved it when he hugged her from behind. #LifeGoals.

TO NODAME AND CHIAKI. TO FRANCE!!!

5/5 this episode for sure. 10/10 this series.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 25, 2015 2:38 PM

Aug 2014
Gyaboooo!!! Mukyaaaaa!
Dec 10, 2015 2:13 AM
May 2012
Aw man, what a lovely ending~ That hug <3
I really enjoyed this Anime :D Music is great.
I shall watch the next season now!
Jan 2, 2016 10:31 PM
Mar 2015
Great ending. The show had amazing characters and the music was excellent. The only problem I had with this show was how all the females and gay people were thirsty for chiaki (at times it reminded me of those stupid harem shows).

Overall it is a 9/10 for me.
Jan 9, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2013
This ending was super cute! Looking forward to the development of Chiaki's and Nodame's romantic life.
Jan 28, 2016 10:02 AM

Oct 2009
This is still brilliant, after so many years! =D
Mar 16, 2016 8:33 PM
Oct 2010
A timeless classic on its own, and by now a textbook example of how to properly adapt a manga (I wish I could say the same thing about subsequent seasons, with the change of director...).
Apr 1, 2016 8:54 AM
Dec 2009
Awful, terrible.
Jul 3, 2016 2:02 AM

Dec 2012
As beautiful as they come. Such a great feel good anime till the end. 10/10 for me.
Jul 7, 2016 4:34 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap when that hug hit....yes there were tears damn it!!!

O give it an 8/10 this final episode brought it up so much.
Aug 20, 2016 7:34 AM

Aug 2008
Such a lovely little show.

It boosted my love of classical music. The conertos and music played were absolutely amazing.

Nodame was a little gem, some of the noises she would make made me laugh.

The ending was very cute. Chiaki's hug, so sweet. I loved Mine, and curly hair.

Really great anime~
Nov 4, 2016 8:43 PM

Jun 2016
What an amazing ending, totally bumped up my 8/10 to a 9/10.
May 28, 2017 4:13 PM

Feb 2013
That embrace was really nice.
Jul 24, 2017 3:46 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yeah, whatever. This anime was a chore. I mean, sometimes, you do your chore and you come out with something nice in the end. I just feel nothing.

Nice music, but I couldn't connect to the characters. They had great development, but whatever it was that was supposed to be their charm came off as annoying to me. It was hard to sit around and watch characters I didn't like or care about. I couldn't get into their goals either. I understood everything and it was all fine, but for some reason I always came out of these episodes drained. The sense of life that there maybe was supposed to be just seemed so dull.

I swear, it's like I spent twenty three episodes of people propping Chiaki up and asking him, "What are you even doing here?" I appreciate how everyone around him was supportive, or else this would have been harder to watch, but geez. I do think the slow and steady development was nice, but if you don't care about the character then it's a slow and steady agony.

And then there was the humor which was pretty much just someone saying or doing something then people screaming at each other. Throw a slip-slap in there every now and then.

I actually rooted for Nodame and Kuroki more than Nodame and Chiaki. I rooted for something based on misunderstanding-- something which consists of a man loving a woman who doesn't actually exist in the sense that Kuroki loved Nodame based on an idea of her which wasn't real. I'm not even sure how I became so disconnected with the actual main romance that far into the anime. And the thing is, I don't want things to move fast and accept that their relationship was gradual, but for some reason I think the way Chiaki interacted with Nodame just rubbed me the wrong way so much that I rejected it altogether.

I need to sort out my thoughts.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 2, 2017 4:13 PM

Aug 2015
What a great first season. Binged it in 3 days and it was amazing. That hug at the end was perfect. I really hope the next seasons focus on the romance more! I give the first season a 10/10.
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Aug 4, 2017 4:14 PM

May 2015
Very solid series. Like it a lot! 8/10.

nice hug :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 11, 2017 9:18 PM

Jul 2015
I have NEVER been so happy to see one person hug another person
Aug 22, 2017 3:53 AM
Jul 2018
Nice and heartwarming ending, the only downside to the anime was probably how Nodame-Chika relationship felt a bit one-sides most of the times so didn't blossom properly, and I would have liked Nodame's development a bit earlier but this works too I guess. Otherwise it does almost everything properly, right amount of comedy/serious moments with fun chemistry between the characters and developing from interacting with each other. 8/10
Feb 14, 2018 1:36 PM

Nov 2016
What a beautiful final, from Nodames solo accompanied by her memories with Chiaki, over to the phone call which culminated with a hug and the credit scenes,everything was on point here.

Nodame Cantabile delivered in every department, the comedy felt never dull and made good use of situations of quirks of the characters. Drama was well done and felt realistic. Music was top notch too. My only minor complaint is that, that I would have wished for a tiny bit more romance, but I guess the other seasons will cover up my crave for it.

Brilliant show 9,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 21, 2018 3:15 AM

Dec 2014
I'd really like a series for this show in Paris to express Chiaki's and Nodame's relationship better and what better place than Paris!?

The classical music was slowly growing on me, as I'm used to modern music, but you can really tell when the notes or rhythm was off in the anime.

I'd watch a second season for sure!

Oh and the last episode made me smile so damn much!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
May 22, 2018 11:39 AM

Jul 2012
Iam_Jermaine said:
I'd really like a series for this show in Paris to express Chiaki's and Nodame's relationship better and what better place than Paris!?

The classical music was slowly growing on me, as I'm used to modern music, but you can really tell when the notes or rhythm was off in the anime.

Lucky for you, there's two more seasons XD
May 22, 2018 3:08 PM

Dec 2014
Mayuka said:
Iam_Jermaine said:

Lucky for you, there's two more seasons XD

Yes! I just found out.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Aug 8, 2018 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
This was my first time rewatching the anime. Blown away. I mean, this is my fifth time with the story as I've read the manga three times. It's interesting - every time I watch or read this beautiful series, I gain something new.

It was really amazing, seeing Chiaki and Noda grow in different paces this season. You can see Chiaki developing to become an aspiring conductor and finally find his resolve to go abroad to expand his horizons. Then, you see Noda who goes two steps up, but falls three because of past trauma but in the end, he helps her decide on what to do. I love that parallel because she was the one who really gave him the extra push for every decision he's made.

I love how much she loves him. She's a messy girl but the care and thought she puts into him is incredible. She helped him get over the airplane trauma and she plays music for him, to give colour to his world. He doesn't know why she has so much control over him and I find that so amusing. It's a really interesting romance dynamic shown in this series as it looks like he's irritated by her but through small things, you can tell - he actually is in love with her, bad.

Something that amazes me about this anime is that each episode is paced very well. The flow is superb, how I never get bored of anything or get burned out watching this - which I normally do get the burn out feeling from 99% of anime. It's always a different tale in Nodame Cantabile and it's connected but each episode is a breath of fresh air. It's realistic, it's like watching real life instead of some anime where each episode is like "beginning - middle - end" and follows a archiatical format that ends up boring me. Watching this series, they all feel so natural and it's so down to earth. Even though our protagonists are prodigies in the world of music, they're still humans with many flaws and I enjoy watching them grow.

Same score as before. I leave this with a 10, nothing less.

I'm excited to keep rewatching the latter two seasons which were my favourite part about this series aka the travelling aspect. This will be fun.
Dec 22, 2018 4:13 PM

Oct 2009
good-time said:
This is still brilliant, after so many years! =D

Yep! I wrote this almost three years ago, and watched this more than 10 years ago for the first time. Nothing changed. =D

I am sick right now, but this anime, with its warmth helped me to feel much better!
Dec 28, 2018 1:59 PM

May 2016
That last scene got me bad T-T
Mar 17, 2019 11:09 AM

May 2010
Wow, that hug was out of fucking nowhere, for almost entire series Chiaki shows very little compassion or empathy towards Nodame, now I'm supposed to believe he wants her by his side? Suuuuure.

The best part of this episode was Noda finally being able to play happily, and the comedic shots during ending song. They moved the story more within these ~3 minutes, than within the last couple of episodes, lol.

Soundtrack was fantastic, including the classical pieces they used, of course. The comedy was often on point (shame it was almost non-existing in the second part of this season...), and watching Chiaki grow as a person, and even more, as conductor, was quite interesting.
Okay, but let's be honest, this season has NO real romance. At the very best, one girl in love with MC, but that's it. I'm guessing following seasons change their status quo, but I don't think it should be included in the tags of this entry, it's just confusing :x

Overall I'd say it's a good series, but I personally enjoyed it much less, than I hoped I would. The relations between characters, especially main ones, weren't that fun to watch - Nodame was often just pathetic, ignoring others just to get into Chiaki's pants, and I felt that Chiaki didn't care for her, only for her music. Which on its own is perfectly fine, I just don't buy the supposed "connection" between them.
7/10
Aug 5, 2019 4:14 PM
Apr 2016
I was terrified, I thought the season will end on a bad note, thank you Chiaki for fixing it up! Nodame did a good job realizing herself too, though. The ending was really really sweet.
Aug 21, 2019 10:06 PM

Jul 2011
I'll get the bad things out of the way first. In the end, Stresemann remained one of my least favorite characters in the show, but I'd expect to see him again in a later season so there's still an opportunity for redemption. Sadly, the show suffered visually from the overuse of still-shots and panning of those frames. Thankfully, you don't need impressive visuals to appreciate music, but it definitely hurt engagement-wise. I wasn't a huge fan of how Chiaki got over his flying phobia, but I guess it wasn't really important as it served more as a character moment for both him and Nodame. Lastly, I wish there was a little bit more focus/depth to the rest of the cast apart from the Chiaki and Nodame.

With that out of the way, I do want to make it clear I genuinely did enjoy the show for the most part. I usually don't bother typing out my complaints or criticisms unless it's a show I care about. I went in to the show completely blind and was pleasantly surprised at how lighthearted it was. Maybe it's because I used to play the piano and viola myself, but watching the show brought back a lot of memories and made me want to watch more. The two other main points I want to give praise to the show is definitely the comedy and how realistic (most of) the characters were. Watching college kids actually act their age felt like a nice change of pace from the many shows where characters act 10+/- what their ages really are. Of course that isn't to say there were tons of "anime", over-the-top moments as well, but they fit the tone of the show just fine.

I'll close of by saying I do still have a number of nitpicks with the show. Many others I didn't mention above. That being said, the show was undoubtedly fun to watch and a pleasant experience overall.

Feb 10, 2020 11:55 AM

Jun 2015
I thought he would hug her but then again this was Chiaki we were talking about

He actually hugged her!!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 6, 2020 11:13 AM

Jan 2018
Gosh this was so good //
I loved everything about this
From the music to the plot ~

That hug was so surprising and heart-clenching

And man.. Chiaki's Rachmaninoff performance still rings in my head
Also, Nodame's unique way of playing the piano <3
Oct 29, 2020 12:56 AM
Jun 2019
It’s 2020 and this year is crazy so I wanted to watch this show for a while and now I have time. This she was good not perfect but a solid story with fun characters. I did watch this in a day so ooof but I really enjoyed it. Definitely going in my Top 25/130 animes. I think I’m definitely gonna be listening to classical music more often now. But yea a great show with good plot and development
Nov 30, 2020 1:56 PM
Oct 2019
I absolutely loved this ending, I love that Chiaki finally embraced Nodame for the very first time in the series. It was so frustrating seeing Chiaki push Nodame to the side all the time and just never caring for her. Yeah they had their moments but it always ended with Chiaki getting mad at Nodame and it was just so hard to watch. Throughout the show, Chiaki obviously cares for Nodame but he never expresses his true feelings to Nodame. When Chiaki hugged her I just started crying, it was just so beautiful watching him accept and cherish Nodame. This show was so frustrating to watch at times but man am I glad I stayed until the end. Can't wait to watch the next 2 Seasons!
Apr 29, 2021 5:27 PM

Jul 2020
Wholesome moment activate. I absolutely loved the music the development and even the comedy.
Jun 6, 2021 12:19 AM

Jan 2021
What a good ending to a amazing series.
10/10
Jul 17, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2017
I don't think this anime needs sequels, maybe a few OVAs but nothing more, it ended perfectly. Well, i'm going to watch them for the comedy and curiosity.

Gold comedy, realistic characters and really good pacing. The animation is pretty good for an anime from 2007 even the use of CGI was minimal. 9/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 14, 2022 5:33 AM
Jun 2020
Can't exactly post a review with my thoughts, so I am gonna babble here. hahaha

Is my 2nd time watching Nodame, first watched 10+ years ago, when I was younger than Nodame, and now 10+ years later, I am older than our main casts... T.T
Was looking for Feel good shows to watch in between my other more dramatic anime shows. And also I couldn't remember if I actually watched the finale of Nodame too. Hence the rewatch.

I can say, back then I wasn't interested that much in this anime. I knew is sweet and cute, but the complexities of an adult relationship was beyond me, coupled with the fact that I couldn't understand music either. But rewatching it now was great. I could understand better on how the casts makes their decisions for their music careers and how music affects the other aspects of their lives.

This really is a good story~ Just the kind of feel good stuff I needed. Would be better if the ending in the last season fulfilled the storyline.

Now my world is pink~~ What I really need in this time of my life with the annoying things in work now *Sigh*
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» from a classical musician's perspective...

sillylovesong - Mar 31

1 by Cestlavie_ »»
Mar 31, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

50 by aquasprite »»
Mar 15, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

55 by aquasprite »»
Mar 14, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 6 Discussion

Kimura - May 14, 2008

44 by P0tter »»
Sep 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 24, 2008

63 by cornonacob »»
Jul 28, 2023 1:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.