Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 29, 2017 8:33 AM

Apr 2015
Instead of a schoolgirl running with toast in her mouth, we got a schoolgirl chugging soy milk before heading out the door. Interesting variation.

Why did they have to make Sota dress like a girl? There doesn't seem to be an actual, reasonable motive other than "it amuses us". Inami's never going to get over her fear like that.

Even though Sato forced Popura to get a kid's meal, it looked pretty damn good! Kid's meals in America are like reheated Tyson chicken fingers and Kraft macaroni and cheese.

Why is Soma being forced to pay for all of this stuff because of Sato? He could easily just say "no." I thought I liked Sato up until now, but I don't get turning Soma into the butt monkey.

"Seriously, this restaurant is full of weirdos." Finally, someone comes right out and says it.

I was going to get seriously upset and drop a whole point from the show if Inami ended up hitting Sota at the end, but...holy shit, she made progress! This show went somewhere! 7/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 2, 2018 8:54 AM
Nov 2017
how bad do your motor reflexes have to be to just keep getting hit. learn a damn self defense class or just have common sense. I swear everyone in Japan is halffag masochist degenerates grow a sack.
Jun 8, 2019 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm, I'm convinced. Every episode should be focused around the everyday adventures of Kotori!

Well anyway, a nice way to wrap up the first season. Inami still has her problems, but it seems like she's getting through to Sota, who is no doubt starting to have feelings for her. They make a cute duo and seeing them grow closer has probably been my favorite part about this show.

Overall, Working!! wasn't quite what I expected. Although, I'm not really sure what I was expecting. This was certainly wacky and eccentricity was the norm as far as characters went. Despite being over the top, it never got carried away with its bizarre antics. I think my only gripe is that the gags could get overused at times. This seems like it would have worked better with shorter episodes as I lost concentration a number of times. Though with that said, it certainly grew on me and I especially enjoyed these last few episodes.

7/10, I think I'll have to take my time enjoying the sequels.
Jul 6, 2019 3:38 PM

Dec 2016
I really love Poplar/Popura, yet her screentime and the ship kinda got killed immediately around episode 2 or 3, while Inami the least funny character got most of it. Show started great but turned disappointing (at least Yamada brought some fresh air).
Description for season 2 kinda admits that everything stays the same (everyone running their one or two gags), reviews seem to range between "it's the same" and "it got improved", so maybe I'll try it, but...

Edit: well so far the second season seem much better / more balanced
NoxArtJul 15, 2019 1:24 PM
Apr 30, 2020 3:27 AM

Aug 2017
Boring show, had trouble getting through it. I have season 2 already so I guess I'll give it a try.
May 9, 2020 2:37 AM

Sep 2011
I mainly watch this show because of Popura since she is the epitome of my fetish(Small but has big boobs) but what I got is Inami.

May 9, 2020 2:37 AM

Sep 2011
I mainly watch this show because of Popura since she is the epitome of my fetish(Small but has big boobs) but what I got is Inami.

Oct 11, 2020 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
Did the studio use rotoscopy with Inami at the beginning? I mean, no idea if it was the case but the whole sequence looked rather good, honestly.

Well, no hand holding in the end but hey! not getting punched (on-screen) for an entire episode still can count as progress... I guess.

Overall, this ended up being a quite poor SoL series. Most of the characters were annoying in different degrees and to make it worse, probably the most infuriating of them was the one who got the main focus in almost all the episodes. The execution of comedy was also terrible as well as awfully repetitive and to be very honest, the constant humiliation/abuse towards male characters was particularly concerning during this season.

3/10 - This said, let's hope season 2 can bring more balance to this already chaotic mix of hopeless people.
SouthRzVaOct 11, 2020 8:47 PM
Nov 23, 2020 10:16 AM

Jun 2017
boring ,pointless with copious amount of recycled trash without any direction and subject to author's kink associated with an abject personality who needs psychological help.
Jan 12, 2021 5:06 AM
Jan 2019
ReaperEXE said:
The second I saw Takanashi crossdressing, I knew this episode would be bad... It really ruined the mood for me. Overall the series was bad, but not horrible, so 4/10 and inb4S2.
SAME BRO, not the score tho. Obviously this is fucking 11 years on but i finally watched it after years, fucking loved it, and they ruin what could have been a great finale with him fucking crossdressing... SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE TRYNA GET OVER HER ANDROPHOBIA PLUS EXPERIENCE A DATE WITH WHO SHE LOVES YET EVERYONE HAS THE BRIGHT IDEA TO FUCKING RUIN IT. Obviously, it's just an anime so the mangakas choice but fuck me this ruined the whole mood. I was hype and then as soon as I saw those fake tits I wanted to punch my monitor.

EDITY - Anyways, ignoring the shitty idea for the finale, the overall season was fantastic. It gets an 8. I would have given it a 9 if they weren't any cross-dressing in the last episode especially considering Takanashi should be scarred about it yet they still force him to do it. Obv that don't matter cos its anime and SoL but still.
Kamikoto_klJan 12, 2021 5:15 AM
Mar 13, 2021 7:42 PM

May 2017
Maya doesnt want to be friend with the others...well thats realy a weird thing lol

Hoping to see more of her in next season , hoping someone will say shes the strangest one XD
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

May 20, 2021 2:18 PM
Apr 2018
Pretty fun watch. Absolute banger of an op as well. The dynamic between Souta and his sisters is definitely my favourite in the show so far
Aug 3, 2021 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
Poor maya lol
That was the last episode T_T
Overall I enjoyed this series
8/10 or 7/10
Jan 29, 2022 11:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, Takanashi's impression of Inami-san has hit rock-bottom now? She's not even seen as a human being anymore, and that frisby reference to Taneshima-san was gold, but I suppose she doesn't seem to mind it too much xD. Got to say though, the way it played out, it seemed rather rude but hilarious at the same time. At least he didn't get punched this episode, bless the clouds.

Yamada didn't even try to put up a good act when making a mess of his intended clothes. Souma-san and Yamada in sync will make for a formidable combination, that's for certain. Kyouko-san's reaction to seeing his clothes hung up to dry was hilarious, lol.

Satou-san playing the nice role and ensuring no eavesdropping topped it for me, he's been the standout character for me and I, for the love of God, pray that Todoroki-san will return his feelings someday. Not going to lie, some of his jealous moments over Todoroki-san x Kyouko-san made me rofl.

Would've loved to see more of Nazuna, her interactions with the MC after the birth of his masochistic desires is brilliant. And the sisters are pretty unique and funny in their own ways.

All in all, this has been a pretty fun ride for me. Honestly, some of the characters were a little annoying at first and the jokes felt a little repetitive here and there but I found this season to be pretty good, nonetheless. As such, I'll award this show with a solid 7/10. Definitely up for more, though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 21, 2022 6:35 AM

Jan 2021
AW HAHAHAH I LOVE SOUMA AND YAMADA DUO HAHAHA. Souma is a secretly very dangerous person and Yamada can beat him as well at the same time they are quite one-of-a-kind in tricking/teasing other people x'D they are really like siblings and I really like Yamada, adding her character to the team makes life in Wagnaria more lively and especially since Souma meets someone who is on par with him in terms of making fun of or heating up the atmosphere (which the funniest moment when Yamada was talking about Satou's feelings for Yachiyo XD).

Aaahh but looking at the ending, it looks like Inami and Takanashi might become a couple. I still don't ship them but as long as there is Yamada and also I want to see the progress of Satou x Yachiyo, I will watch the second season~~

Jul 18, 2022 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
The real one who can hold Souma at check is Satou, not Inami, not Yamada.

Why are they introducing a new character on the last episode. I have seen her before but I thought she was Yamada in disguise.

This anime was so much fun. Too bad I can't dive into the sequel right away.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 11, 2023 3:44 AM
Aug 2022
i like the representation of sato as a man having a crush. very realistic, i don't like seeing men becoming dumb and acting like idiots around the girl. 

and that's the only thing i appreciate about this good-for-nothing show.
Sep 12, 2023 8:18 PM

Dec 2009
Original Notes of 2011:

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Working!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

guyklc - May 2, 2010

114 by chiwila »»
Apr 17, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 11, 2010

173 by MR-Isekai »»
Jan 7, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 9, 2010

131 by Illyasviel »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nakei - Mar 6, 2010

238 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 12, 2023 3:16 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 23, 2010

112 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Feb 9, 2023 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.