Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 19, 2018 8:39 AM

Mar 2012
Fuuuuck not Iggy :( He was such a nice character.

It seems like Pino is special since she's the only one affected by the virus that hasn't gone psycho. Shame it wasn't the same case for Iggy.
Jan 25, 2018 1:21 PM
Apr 2016
The way that Iggy was snapping off on Re-L was too dunny
Mar 11, 2018 6:30 PM

Feb 2013
Iggy went berserk... was infected long ago, but finally snapped.

LOL Pino... reading a book.
Mar 29, 2018 11:04 AM
Dec 2016
Iggy gone Yandere
May 18, 2018 10:23 AM

Jan 2018
Lil is so spoiled.

So Iggy has been infected longer than we realized. Man, he is really intelligent. He knows how the virus works before anyone else. He has an understanding that he will die sooner if he reveals his condition to the humans.
The most disturbing thing is the Autorievs developing the idea of killing. Iggy observed humans killing Autorievs to return to their ideal environment and condition and in turn, Iggy feels the same when his happiness is threatened. The other Autoriev before only fought in self-defence. Since her conversation with Iggy, he implanted the idea of killing to have her happiness return. That's very frightening.
Even more frightening is that we don't know how many Autorievs are hiding their infections like Iggy and are just biding their time to increase their numbers and weaponry to massacre the humans in the dome.

Pino's pouty face. haha

Iggy has such a tragic ending, but all for the sake of Lil's development I guess. We'll see where her path takes her. She's definitely maturing though. I'm betting that something big will happen in a few more episodes after their journey.
BofthreeMay 18, 2018 10:34 AM

Jan 29, 2019 7:53 PM

Mar 2016
Everything happens in twos.
Mar 26, 2019 4:50 AM
Jun 2017
:( Poor Iggy.......
Apr 1, 2019 3:10 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
ooookay so much drama .-.

May 6, 2019 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
Best episode yet, Iggy's death was very powerful, just wish they used better music in that scene

Oct 29, 2019 10:30 AM

Mar 2017
So is it just me, or did Re-L feel like a bumbling idiot in this episode?

She just stands there while Iggy gut-punches her, getting captured without even token resistance. Then she trips while fleeing an infected auto-reiv and kicks at it uselessly from ten feet away.

Iggy: "If only you weren't such a useless bitch!"

"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Apr 25, 2020 5:57 AM

Mar 2020
my boy deserved better than this smh at least he finally snapped on her annoying ass
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Dec 17, 2020 10:11 AM
Jul 2020
Um really glad with Iggy, serves her right!
Jan 9, 2021 11:22 AM
Mar 2018
definitely agree with the prior comments that Re-L's spoilt personality is justified (to an extent) when you consider her background and societal standing.

it's easier to judge others, as ever, without wearing their shoes.
Apr 1, 2021 3:18 PM

May 2017
SOLID episode. iggy's character was quite fascinating in this episode. last 2 episodes haven been really good where the episodes before that kinda felt weaker compared to the earlier episodes. I hope it continues this good.
Jun 7, 2021 4:54 PM

Mar 2018
I really enjoy the way this show is handling sentience, the conversation with Pino at the end was a really nice touch with her mentioning that knowing what sadness is doesn't make her unhappy.

One can conclude this is the case because once you know what sadness is, you cherish happiness more.
Jun 24, 2021 11:58 PM

Jul 2009
Definitely the best episode so far!

I kinda knew Iggy was already infected by the virus. It just seems a bit weird on how he was acting more and more on his own.

This is probably the episode that will start Re-L to change for the better or worse.

While she does come from a place where she has everything she wants and is spoon fed to her. Eventually she will have to learn to adapt on her own.

She even complains how She needed Iggy to do her hair early in this episode, until she found Vincent can do her Hair as well.

LOL Pino just reading the book XD

It was weird seeing Iggy curse and shout at Re-L as he die. Keeps switching to his alter ego, but in the end. All he wanted is to be with Re-L.

They did ramp up the animation here! Vincent actually looks cool when he had a face to face with Iggy.

It is what it is. I'm sure Re-L will slowly understand that Auto-Reiv's may truly develop their own soul. Even with the Cogito Virus.
Jul 27, 2021 11:50 AM
Apr 2018
The only wildcards were the bots. Losiny Iggy took away my raison de regarder :p
Oct 1, 2021 10:30 AM
Nov 2020
Love him or hate him iggy was spitting straight facts about Re-l.
Nov 19, 2021 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
I loved the fact Iggy said a few good ones to Re-L (LOL ♡) And that final scene when Vincent gives her back 'his gun', certifying his feelings to her again, which may someway be similar to Iggy's? High sexual connotation in there too! (/// ̄  ̄///)
Anyway, hoping Re-L has a good development as a character...
Jan 21, 2022 8:20 PM

May 2019
Damn, the good characters keep dying, and the bitch and the simp remain.

please God of Plot, protect Pino, please
Jul 8, 2022 6:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Probably the best episode so far, 1st it was interesting to see how most of the domes seem to share the same aspects like the machine to create humans even with how it got decayed over time and of course the revelation that Iggy was infected by Cogito (which was obvious at this point) and him acting like a yandere towards Re-L despite being sentient about her behavior though there's the "raison d'être" point for an AutoReiv which seems to be what really rule them even after they became sentient, so even after all that he still sacrificed himself to save Re-L against the AutoReiv that tried to kill her by exposing himself because of how mad it is that she killed the cave dome's Proxy, RIP Iggy the end was emotional... the Vincent part was also pretty good he gave her her gun back.
Sep 12, 2022 9:24 AM

May 2018
yandere Iggy was really cool ngl. Rip most likeable character, Iggy was more human and fleshed out than Pino and Re-l for sure, maybe even more so than Vincent.
Nov 18, 2022 12:02 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
My favorite episode so far. Probably not going to happen, but I'd love for Iggy to be resurrected somehow and make a return in the final episodes.

Also PINO READING A BOOK CLEARS ALL YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS NO DIFF

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 21, 2023 4:08 PM

Jul 2015
the ep stars off with Re-l bitching non stop, what a bitch

Mar 22, 2023 5:10 PM

Apr 2016
Wow this show picked up the drama pretty fast
Apr 23, 2023 9:59 AM
Apr 2023
Iggy will be remembered. I don't see anything wrong in his way of thinking, to him Re-L is everything. After he became conscious, he wanted her to acknowledge him, to embrace him; that's all he needed. So his mental breakdown scene justifies his viewpoint, though it did leave a mark on Re-L as well, it was as if truth was staring at her face.

The end scene of Iggy's two emotions struggling to express was shown well. He has a gentle approach to her and one of rage; at this point Re-L seems to have understood that Iggy really did become humane( at least he tried to). Had he been given more time he would have understood to control his emotions as per the given situation, but in all honesty Re-L truly required a good verbal bashing. Hope she becomes a better human being.

Loved this episode!

Uzumaki_FumiteruApr 23, 2023 10:07 AM
Jun 24, 2023 5:17 AM

Oct 2021
Iggy being savage to the end. Imagine having someone save you, and their last words were that you weren't worth saving and that they despised you. 
Jul 9, 2023 11:06 PM
Aug 2022
they handles special boy Iggy so well. i'd been hoping for some focus on him for a while. it always bothered me how understated he was. the twist could've had more lead-up thought, i will say. just sort of came out of nowhere and wasnt even made clear with the "confirm" thing last episode.
Dec 8, 2023 1:44 PM

Dec 2022
This anime turned into a romantic drama all of a sudden. Vincent and Daedalus were already interested in Re-L, and we had yandere Iggy for the episode too. There were even some hints that Pino might've been jealous of Re-L monopolising Vincent's attention in this episode as well, but that may just be my own interpretation.

Iggy's bipolar personality caused by the Cogito virus started criticising Re-L for her needy and selfish demeanour in this episode as well, but his original AutoRiev self still seemed to retain his devotion to her, at least before he died. It really is a shame though, since Iggy was a good companion.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.