Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Dec 30, 2014 1:46 AM
Aug 2011
it's so awesome reading posts from '10 asking for a second season when 4 years later we have been granted 3 more seasons

Izaya, Shizuo, and Celty were the best out of this adaptation.

Though this 2nd half was so much crappier than the first due to the fact that I just kind of hate the middle school kids.I especially don't like Kida and his boring ass girlfriend.
This last arc was the worst and if it wasn't for Shizuo being so badass (and hilarious) it would have sucked even harder.
Jan 3, 2015 5:15 PM
Sep 2014
Meh, something is missing here. Story was ok, but slow and easy predictable.
Mikado was just annoying, from the type of his character to his voice. My god, his voice is one of most annoying i heard. Tho he was cool when he called that meeting. I thought he will turn serious face for rest of the season, boy was i wrong.
Izaya is one of the best villains i've ever seen. Pulling strings behind the scene... i just love when they show power of manipulation like this.

I hope season 2 will be better.

I liked the reference to Toradora. I guess the other ones they were talking about were also from some manga, but i dont know which are they.
NarcoJan 4, 2015 6:28 AM
Jan 4, 2015 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit. What an anime.

They were driving a Pontiac Firebird (wow) which turned into a convertible XD Shizou is such a badass.

Celty at the end - instant nosebleed

Simon is so chill all the time! That moment when he lands a punch in Izayas face = Simon:1 Izaya:0 (get rekt) Gotta love that "LOVE" sign.

Lets see what second season offers us! 1st season: 10/10
Jan 10, 2015 12:41 AM

Jun 2012
Dat Celty tho
Jan 17, 2015 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
OMG WHEN IZAYA WAS SENT FLYING TO HIS 'LOVE' THAT WAS PRICELESS <33
w00t w00t season 2 here I come
Jan 25, 2015 7:44 AM

Jun 2014
Initial Reaction: WHY HAS NO ONE BESIDES SHIZUO SERIOUSLY TRIED TO KILL IZAYA YET?! I was so happy with Simon when he punched Izaya, good man. Gahd, I CAN'T STAND Izaya...

Okay, onto the anime itself. I really enjoyed the yellow scarves arc, I found it the most interesting by far. The rest of the arcs weren't as entertaining, though.

Soundtrack wasn't to my liking. It kinda ruined serious scenes when they had jazz-ish music playing in the background. Not all of the soundtrack was bad though, there were a couple good OSTs. Art and animation were average.

Overall I give it 6/10, this anime was pretty enjoyable. I'm gonna start the second season now, I hope Izaya gets stabbed in a few places.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2015 1:57 PM

May 2013
Kyohei to the rescue! Without Erika and Walker of course, lol.
Lol, Shizuo with his sign post. Damn, dat throw. I guess you can let the cops handle Horada.

So Izaya vs Anri. This is war for the love of humans. But Izaya is too slippery; he can handle Shizuo one-on-one.
Nice punch, Simon! You truly are different when you're speaking Russian.

So Saki and Kida made up and disappeared together. Kida joined the Dollars as Bakyura. And Celty has a sexy outfit.
All's well that ends well. (^_^) Totally enjoyed this a lot!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 31, 2015 1:42 AM

Jul 2013
This anime is one of the best i have seen interesting characters, engaging story, plot twists, lots of fun, entertainment and action must rate it 10/10. It was really funny to watch it and i don't remember then was the last time then i liked so many of MCs
Jan 31, 2015 8:41 AM

Jan 2011
Great final episode.
Nothing stands out too much, but the amount of characters and storylines combined with amazing execution just makes this fucking good. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I'm doubting between 8/10 and 9/10, but I guess 9/10 for now because of its uniqueness.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 1, 2015 3:12 PM

Aug 2014
Selty-san have a nice body ;) In the end, Selty-san stays with the Doctor xD Masaomi-kun with Saki, and Mikado-kun will stay with Anki-san...?
Izaya got a reward for this show from Simon... And Shizuo destroyed Horada's car with a tower street... ^.^
Dolares came back and everyone stays happy to live in Ikebukuro. :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 5, 2015 4:56 AM
Dec 2013
As much as I love Izaya, Simon punching him was pretty funny, he did have it coming.

I loved Masaomi and Saki's emotional moment, it was so sweet Saki x Masaomi FTW.
Though Izaya seemed saddend when he was told that she left him for Masaomi.
I like that she started thinking for herself and found a middle ground where she still admires and cares about Izaya, but has stopped obeying him. That's why I like her character so much.

I loved how Celty seduced Shinra, wasn't expecting that.

The battler between Izaya and Anri was cool. I like how he pointed out that her " I can't love anyone, Saika loves for me" was bullcrap.

I wish Kasuka had more screen time in this season, I actually like him more than Shizuo. But Shizuo is awesome too don't get me wrong.
C2-Pizza-GirlMay 11, 2015 1:23 AM
Feb 19, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
Funniest ending ever! XD Must start watching the second season!

Loved when Simon punched Izaya. Even though I love Izaya as well for being an asshole xD I can't imagine what would happen if Shizuo got his hands on Izaya, maybe he'd kill Izaya :o
Mikado is still in the friendzone though.
b1GZZFeb 19, 2015 5:13 PM
Feb 28, 2015 10:21 PM

Jul 2013
Beautiful final episode, I just love how everyone got involved!!! Something this anime does best.
Kadota and his crew were awesome, Celty+Shinra, Shizuo, etc... I rejoiced when Simon punched Izaya and told him that Saki called and that she gave him info on what Izaya's doing! And good ending for Kida and Saki! And glad that Ryugamine restored the Dollars chatroom, they remain, YES!

Can't forget the epic OST through the whole season!
PhinalPhlashMar 14, 2015 7:07 PM
Jun 6, 2015 10:31 AM

Mar 2015
So in the end the only one who could really get his hands on Izaya was Simon
Jun 17, 2015 6:44 AM

Jul 2012
"um, why's there a street sign in the middle of the road?"
ur about to get rekt, bruh, that's why
that whole sequence is probably my favourite moment in this whole anime

edit:
okay no, izaya taking simon's fist to the face is my favourite
rest in pieces, you piece of shit
Jun 22, 2015 10:16 AM

Apr 2010
One of the most awesome series I've watched so far. :3
Jun 24, 2015 12:54 AM

Sep 2014
Bloody Lad made an appearence in this episode. I love the Baccano! references, they fit in so well. :D

Simon punching Izaya was really satisfying. I would love to know what they said in russian.
Jul 5, 2015 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty good final ep. This show didn't wow me like Baccano did, but it was still quite good.

Rating for this episode: 5/5

Rating for the show: 8/10
Jul 14, 2015 4:19 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't expect durarara could be this good, I already dropped this show 3times because the beginning was too boring -.- .. but halfway through it become interesting :D

well anyway. Thanks you Simon, and Izaya you piece of sh!!!
Jul 18, 2015 9:25 PM

Mar 2012
That was pretty great. Now time to start on S2.

PetalBlizzard said:

xD
Oct 9, 2015 1:21 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was just epic,And Super Awesome I really enjoyed watching this Anime it have everything that I like to watch !
Overall 8/10
AWESOME STORY
Oct 13, 2015 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
Wasn't expecting much from this anime tbh but it surpassed my expectations.

Not bad, I'd watch the second season when I have time.
Dec 5, 2015 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
Couldn't convince me to watch the sequels
Jan 3, 2016 2:02 AM

Nov 2015
Nice ending because everyone was happy in the end. I thought Masaomi died . But thank god,he didn't.

Well, overall this show was good but not excellent. I think it was outstanding and a masterpiece show till episode 15 or 16. After that it turn 'good'. This show could have been much better if Anri and Mikado's character could have been developed. Two of them are my hatred characters of this show.

Izaya Shizuo,Erika,Selty, Masaomi are fabulous..... So I give this show 8/10.
Jan 11, 2016 7:46 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shizuo still badass. Lol at Simon giving Izaya a punch! Lol at Celty's swimsuit and Shinra's reaction!

5/5
Mar 27, 2016 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
Shizuo remains a beast, damn that part with Horada and Co driving was golden XD Simon giving Izaya a punch was just satisfying, arrogant bastard got what he deserved!

Overall a pleasant surprise, didn't expect it to be this good, 8/10 for me!
Apr 1, 2016 3:39 AM

May 2015
Bird said:
that whole sequence is probably my favourite moment in this whole anime

edit:
okay no, izaya taking simon's fist to the face is my favourite
rest in pieces, you piece of shit

Exactly my thoughts.

It was an incredibly satisfying ending -- Shizuo properly fucking shit up like the legend he is, and Izaya getting his comeuppance (although he deserves a couple bullets in him as well). I liked the Masaomi arc, but I wass a bit disappointed with the Saki asspull though, it felt kind of sudden/rushed. Also props to Anri for trying to f**k Izaya up.

What a show.
littlefujiApr 1, 2016 3:50 AM

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
Apr 5, 2016 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
Cely was lookin hot.
Apr 16, 2016 10:56 PM

Feb 2010
I actually didn't think I was
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 16, 2016 10:58 PM

Feb 2010
I actually didn't think I would like this show because honestly I didn't think the first few episodes were very good. I was watching like one episode every two days. It wasn't something that I felt like I wanted to watch. But the last half was so good. I liked it a lot. Especially the last few episodes I loved. It's hard to rate this series since I didn't enjoy the start but really enjoyed the last half. I think I'll stick with a 8/10. I actually felt sad to see it ends which is a sign that I liked it haha.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
May 25, 2016 2:01 AM
Aug 2013
I just finished it. Reading through the comments it seems people either like the first half more or the second half. I kinda prefer the story in the first half more the way it built up to the Mikado's revelation and Celty's head, but I like that the second half moved along faster, but at the expense of some characters getting less attention.

I like how oddly prophetic the Dollars social network was (thats basically all it was right?). I know this anime was made in 2010, but it says on Wikipedia the light novels started in 2004, meaning it predated facebook. I know myspace was around and stuff like live journal, but social media didn't have the same status then as it does now. Of course its not the first media to predict social networks, Orson Scott Cards Enders game featured kids influencing the world in a similar way. Also Gatchaman Crowds took this idea and made a whole show out of heroes who fight with the power of social networks.

But ultimately I find the show flawed, in that it zooms out so we see all sides of the story, yet never really feel too invested in all but a few of the characters. Some characters are just there to keep the show feeling busy rather than interesting (I'm mostly thinking about Dotachins friends here).

Why did the show need a headless biker to tell a story about gang wars? Why did the show needs a gang war to tell a story about a dulluhan searching for her head in Tokyo? Why did the show need any of that to tell the story about a guy who just wants to hit people with large objects? I think the writer of this series just wanted to take all of his toys out of the toy box and play with them at the same time. So what we end up with is a story that is like a food court, full of burritos, and butter chicken, and kebabs, all in one convenient location. You may not like butter chicken, but you like burritos, right? So Durarara is basically like that. The burritos were good, but the kebab meat was a bit off. 7/10
May 27, 2016 11:14 PM

Feb 2016
Love this anime 10/10 for sure
Jul 20, 2016 3:19 AM

Mar 2015
Thats it? Shizu-chan should punch Horada to death.

Damn Izaya deserved that black eye, haha 8D

Lot of revelation in this episode.

Celty would look hot if there is head but headless turns me off.

Im glad Masaomi stays truly to his gf. Hooray to Saki!

3.8/5

Overall: 6/10
Oct 19, 2016 3:40 AM

May 2014
I watched Baccano before watching this and I must say that the "mess suddenly makes sense"-ness in both is actually a pretty good concept.

So what's so good about Durara?
I think it's the characters that you slowly grow to like as you find out more about them in each episode. The nice feeling of seeing all the messed up puzzle pieces fit so well together is also a plus point. And, of course, the awesome ost.
Nov 16, 2016 3:46 PM

Nov 2015

I'll say it now. This what I've been thinking since early episodes.
Durarara!! is a masterpiece. 10/10. No doubts.

I'll even write a review but... I need to rest a little bit xD this was so awesome!
There's those moments in which you just know it's a 10/10. You know it's a story you wish to experience as the first time once again.

But there's more! There's the Episode 25 and then Durarara!!x2 so, the ride continues! IT DOES CONTINUE!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Celty is finally seducing Shinra!! Shinra is finally your chance! (I thought they had already) Do it! Be our hero!

• Kida don't go!! We'll miss you. Plz, come back!

• There was a girl with dark blue hair, like Izaya, in both the OP and in the ED but I never saw her in the anime =/
Nov 23, 2016 11:59 PM

Sep 2013
Shizuo beating up the car was classic

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 24, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2016
Not bad anime about gang life and some super natural stuff like puppet master mother or insane power barman or shadow bike'horse' rider headless princess. Pretty interesting and music is in fact cool. Liked the parts where barman was kicking black hair dude every greeting. On the way to next seasons I suppose. Wonder where will it lead.
HucuChillNov 24, 2016 12:22 PM
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Dec 2, 2016 9:03 PM

May 2012
Interesting end to the arc. The three schoolkids were right at the centre of this arc, and I found them not at all engaging in anyway. They were boring when they were introduced and boring even after each of their deepest secrets were revealed, oh wells. However, what this series does well is give ample screentime to the most interesting characters; Shizuo, Celty, izaya etc. who played mostly side/supporting roles this arc.

I really dislike the 3 main schoolkids (indecisive MC, oppai, and womanizer) but that might just be my own hatred for the oversaturation of school aged kids in anime doing adult things (freaking gang wars man). However, as said before all the other characters were really interesting and engaging throughout the series.

Even with that (kind of significant) flaw, I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Bonus points for having two banger OPs (some of the best I've seen in a while). 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2013
Haha I died when the traffic police arrested the main Blue Square members. I especially died when I saw Celty putting her hands together in thanks. What a good end.
Jul 24, 2017 8:24 AM

Jun 2016
Holy crap. That episode is oh my god. My Izaya and Shizuo, and Celty being badasses in one episode. I missed this. Hahaha. Holy crap I really wasn't expecting I'm going to love this show so much despite the fact that I put in ON HOLD for months. Jeez. The regrets I'm feeling right now. Heck, a very good decision I gave it a go. Daaaaamn!

What a great way to end an episode.

My poor Izaya got punched in his beautiful face by Simon. Hahaha.

Celty *cough* *cough* seducing *cough* *cough* Shinra is so cuteeee. I'm gonna miss this show so much. <3

10 for Izaya, Shizuo, Celty, Simon, Shinra, and Kadota's group. <3

Overall 9/10 though because it has a lot of downsides, and I sincerely can't stand the 3 students.
TheDoggoneGirlJul 24, 2017 8:36 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 22, 2017 9:26 PM
Sep 2016
This Anime was great It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time it had so much mystery and shadowing behind it.
Nov 11, 2017 6:01 AM

Sep 2016
Simon got a nice punch on Izaya
Kida x Saki damn
They ran away
and reuniting in chatroom, Kida joining the Dollars.
Great end.
Jan 9, 2018 10:51 AM

Oct 2008
Second time watching it,completely forgot how much it loves to meander about and just accomplish nothing.

Cant believe it eventually got the green-light for 3 more seasons.
Mar 4, 2018 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
Similar style to Baccano and I gotta say despite having my doubts at the start of both show, it developed quite well.
You just really come to care for all the characters the more we learn.
Not much else to say, it's a really good show for what it does.

9/10
Nov 22, 2018 10:05 PM

Mar 2017
kinda anticlimatic. also sad to see Kida leaving, as he became a fav of mine by the end. oh well, gonna find another one then :P
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 13, 2018 3:33 AM
Dec 2018
That izaya creep needs to die . Absolutely horrible person .
Dec 16, 2018 4:14 PM
Aug 2018
Sonofsparda90 said:
That izaya creep needs to die . Absolutely horrible person .

Izaya is the best character and he have his own novels now (:
Dec 29, 2018 1:20 AM

Jun 2015
i ended up liking this anime overall, despite being bored in most of the episodes during the first half. but it developed super well on that part, and i can actually find a likable trait in all of the characters. a lot of people dont seem to like the students, but i dont mind them actually.
i don't get the hype for izaya completely, dude just seems like a manipulative asshole so far.. but i'll probably check out the other seasons to see how this is meant to progress forward.
8/10 from me.
Jan 14, 2019 11:58 AM

Nov 2018
The rest of it was very boring but the first half was good.
Jan 22, 2019 3:32 AM

Nov 2018
Twist after twist, suspense after suspense and finally reaching to the end where their hidden secrets are unveiled. I enjoyed it very much especially when the story doesn't just focus on one person but in each and every one of the characters, relating them with an invisible string.

That's a great ending for Kida though, especially the final reunion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.