Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
May 25, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2014
it's a great anime, but i won't see comments here yet xDDD
im at epi 20 =D
May 26, 2014 8:11 PM
Apr 2014
So the reason why Izaya kept on messing with people was because he "felt like it?"

The head didn't even activate. I was waiting for them. A little disappointing to me.
May 27, 2014 2:12 AM

May 2014
you know there will be a season 2?In the manga even izumii appeared...
Jun 4, 2014 9:12 PM

Jul 2013
Ending was more satisfying than I thought it would be.
Jun 19, 2014 11:27 PM

Jul 2013
I'm pretty impress with the ending, but the last episode, eh wasn't that too much hype. Although a couple of answers are cleared but I just felt their are more stories in the series, and focuses way too much on Kida's past. Also several characters didn't have much character development in them. Oh well the second season is coming so I can't wait for that :D.

I'll give this an 8/10. At least Izaya was punished for making things chaotic for everyone XD. Everything is back too normal and Shinra is getting the hots on Celty's body XD. I started laughing when Simon says Shizuo-complex XD. Great ending for Kida and Saki riding on the train together. Would have been better if Mikado and Anri started dating. (But I think that's impossible since Saika forbids love.)
omega_d94Jun 20, 2014 1:16 AM

Jun 26, 2014 6:32 AM
Jan 2014
I enjoyed this anime but nothing spectacular, heard so many good things about it.. But I feel disapointed somehow. Izaya was the most fun character overall followed by shizuo.

I'll give it a 7/10. Hope the next season is better.
Jun 29, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
I loved the ending to this season, i cant wait for the next season!
My Candies:
Jun 30, 2014 7:19 AM

May 2014
That punch ... well, Izaya was deserving it. :)) And Shizuo was so cool waiting for Horada in the highway.

Things got clarified and Izaya's chessboard got clean.

It was a nice ending. Second season should be interesting. :D
Jun 30, 2014 3:15 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah, this show wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I felt like dropping it a bunch of times but I kept telling myself that there were only 25 episodes. But this doesn't mean that I was torturing myself watching this show. I thought it was pretty good and very interesting. I really liked how everything was connected, especially when it came to concluding the arc for Celty's head. But I wish they would have gone further with that, especially with Izaya always talking about a huge war. The ending wasn't bad but I was really expecting more. Anyway, here's to a better season.

I also liked the characters, especially Celty and Shizuo. Also, Shinra + Celty was bizarre but also beautiful.

Show was pretty good but it's not something I'd be recommending anyone to watch. 8/10
Jul 3, 2014 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Great series! This was an okay ending to the season, it wasn't an amazing ending, but meh.
Good thing there's gonna be a season 2!! :D

jreginald said:
I also liked the characters, especially Celty and Shizuo. Also, Shinra + Celty was bizarre but also beautiful.

My thoughts on the characters exactly!
Jul 7, 2014 3:10 PM
Mar 2014
ex_necross said:
Way too lighthearted for me. I should have stopped watching much earlier on, but I kept thinking "this will pick up and get deep, it's got to."

Sadly, it didn't. The clownish gang that couldn't even shoot a gun without crying like children, the other "gang" that are more like a youth group, the main bad guy that doesn't even do anything but stir up fights between children.

And in the end, the slut who just uses the MC says "I think I liked the other guy, I'm lonely now without him." Still the MC is too much of a pussy to do anything about it, still hanging around her as a friend hoping that one day she will magically do a 180 and start loving him.

Far, far too lighthearted.

i agree with what you said of the MC,i felt like he could be much more, in the middle of Celty arc he appeared to be a genius, but in the second arc its like he is there just to give support for others or receive life advises from "underworld" people.
Jul 28, 2014 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
So many thngs left unanswered.
Will Celty ever get her head back?
What exactly is Izaya up to?

I demand second season <3
Jul 29, 2014 3:59 PM

Dec 2013
2nd Season inc. :D

their russian is so bad xD
Sep 20, 2014 6:39 AM

Aug 2014
It was beautiful. ヽ(^‥^=ゞ)
I rate 9 Dollars out of 10 Dollars

Also, this moment
was very satisfying
HuskeySep 20, 2014 7:01 AM
Sep 22, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2014
wow, i didn't expect kida to run away with his girlfriend. but shit, i really liked that ending, especially the chat room scene. All in all, this anime was amazing, and i had lots of fun watching it.
Sep 25, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2013
This is probably in my 10 fav anime now. But what's up with the kids in love leaving school and running away? For such characters who speak in such philosophical contexts this seemed way too silly. But then again maybe it's perfect considering how romantic we find love to be when we're young.

My favorite aspect of this series were the characters by far. Unlike most anime where characters seem way over melodramatic, here they seem normal AND interesting at the same time because they have personalities.

This would be even more perfect if they put more comedy in and less supernatural.
Nov 8, 2014 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
8/10
Do these kids even have a family, starting gangs and getting in trouble every day lol.?
Still an interesting group of characters ,animation and sound were also good.
Will check 2nd season.
I'm too old for this sh**t.
Nov 22, 2014 3:30 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my god. Shizuo running with and throwing that large street sign....I couldn't stop laughing.
Dec 26, 2014 7:19 PM

Feb 2013
Overall this was bretty gud. Show was at it's strongest till the start of the Saika arc (which was decent) and got rather lame and boring with the last arc. It slowed down the pace, pushed aside too many of the cool cats who were in the foreground of the series to focus on a trio of angsty teenagers who can't communicate worth a shit. I could never buy Horada as a villain, just an overglorified scrub who tried to over step his boundaries (love hearing Wataru Takagi do his classic "thug" voice though). Not much of a conclusion either, but I'll forgive that since we're getting plenty of content starting in a couple of weeks. Here's hoping the future arcs shape up well. Think I'll get into the manga too cuz why not.

Low 7/10
gedataMar 18, 2015 5:18 PM
Dec 28, 2014 7:14 PM

Sep 2013
Enjoyed that series, best things to come out of it were Celty/Shinra and Shizuo. (Well and Izaya)
LusboxDec 29, 2014 5:55 AM
Dec 30, 2014 1:46 AM
Aug 2011
it's so awesome reading posts from '10 asking for a second season when 4 years later we have been granted 3 more seasons

Izaya, Shizuo, and Celty were the best out of this adaptation.

Though this 2nd half was so much crappier than the first due to the fact that I just kind of hate the middle school kids.I especially don't like Kida and his boring ass girlfriend.
This last arc was the worst and if it wasn't for Shizuo being so badass (and hilarious) it would have sucked even harder.
Jan 3, 2015 5:15 PM
Sep 2014
Meh, something is missing here. Story was ok, but slow and easy predictable.
Mikado was just annoying, from the type of his character to his voice. My god, his voice is one of most annoying i heard. Tho he was cool when he called that meeting. I thought he will turn serious face for rest of the season, boy was i wrong.
Izaya is one of the best villains i've ever seen. Pulling strings behind the scene... i just love when they show power of manipulation like this.

I hope season 2 will be better.

I liked the reference to Toradora. I guess the other ones they were talking about were also from some manga, but i dont know which are they.
NarcoJan 4, 2015 6:28 AM
Jan 4, 2015 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit. What an anime.

They were driving a Pontiac Firebird (wow) which turned into a convertible XD Shizou is such a badass.

Celty at the end - instant nosebleed

Simon is so chill all the time! That moment when he lands a punch in Izayas face = Simon:1 Izaya:0 (get rekt) Gotta love that "LOVE" sign.

Lets see what second season offers us! 1st season: 10/10
Jan 10, 2015 12:41 AM

Jun 2012
Dat Celty tho
Jan 17, 2015 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
OMG WHEN IZAYA WAS SENT FLYING TO HIS 'LOVE' THAT WAS PRICELESS <33
w00t w00t season 2 here I come
Jan 25, 2015 7:44 AM

Jun 2014
Initial Reaction: WHY HAS NO ONE BESIDES SHIZUO SERIOUSLY TRIED TO KILL IZAYA YET?! I was so happy with Simon when he punched Izaya, good man. Gahd, I CAN'T STAND Izaya...

Okay, onto the anime itself. I really enjoyed the yellow scarves arc, I found it the most interesting by far. The rest of the arcs weren't as entertaining, though.

Soundtrack wasn't to my liking. It kinda ruined serious scenes when they had jazz-ish music playing in the background. Not all of the soundtrack was bad though, there were a couple good OSTs. Art and animation were average.

Overall I give it 6/10, this anime was pretty enjoyable. I'm gonna start the second season now, I hope Izaya gets stabbed in a few places.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2015 1:57 PM

May 2013
Kyohei to the rescue! Without Erika and Walker of course, lol.
Lol, Shizuo with his sign post. Damn, dat throw. I guess you can let the cops handle Horada.

So Izaya vs Anri. This is war for the love of humans. But Izaya is too slippery; he can handle Shizuo one-on-one.
Nice punch, Simon! You truly are different when you're speaking Russian.

So Saki and Kida made up and disappeared together. Kida joined the Dollars as Bakyura. And Celty has a sexy outfit.
All's well that ends well. (^_^) Totally enjoyed this a lot!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 31, 2015 1:42 AM

Jul 2013
This anime is one of the best i have seen interesting characters, engaging story, plot twists, lots of fun, entertainment and action must rate it 10/10. It was really funny to watch it and i don't remember then was the last time then i liked so many of MCs
Jan 31, 2015 8:41 AM

Jan 2011
Great final episode.
Nothing stands out too much, but the amount of characters and storylines combined with amazing execution just makes this fucking good. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I'm doubting between 8/10 and 9/10, but I guess 9/10 for now because of its uniqueness.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 1, 2015 3:12 PM

Aug 2014
Selty-san have a nice body ;) In the end, Selty-san stays with the Doctor xD Masaomi-kun with Saki, and Mikado-kun will stay with Anki-san...?
Izaya got a reward for this show from Simon... And Shizuo destroyed Horada's car with a tower street... ^.^
Dolares came back and everyone stays happy to live in Ikebukuro. :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 5, 2015 4:56 AM
Dec 2013
As much as I love Izaya, Simon punching him was pretty funny, he did have it coming.

I loved Masaomi and Saki's emotional moment, it was so sweet Saki x Masaomi FTW.
Though Izaya seemed saddend when he was told that she left him for Masaomi.
I like that she started thinking for herself and found a middle ground where she still admires and cares about Izaya, but has stopped obeying him. That's why I like her character so much.

I loved how Celty seduced Shinra, wasn't expecting that.

The battler between Izaya and Anri was cool. I like how he pointed out that her " I can't love anyone, Saika loves for me" was bullcrap.

I wish Kasuka had more screen time in this season, I actually like him more than Shizuo. But Shizuo is awesome too don't get me wrong.
C2-Pizza-GirlMay 11, 2015 1:23 AM
Feb 19, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
Funniest ending ever! XD Must start watching the second season!

Loved when Simon punched Izaya. Even though I love Izaya as well for being an asshole xD I can't imagine what would happen if Shizuo got his hands on Izaya, maybe he'd kill Izaya :o
Mikado is still in the friendzone though.
b1GZZFeb 19, 2015 5:13 PM
Feb 28, 2015 10:21 PM

Jul 2013
Beautiful final episode, I just love how everyone got involved!!! Something this anime does best.
Kadota and his crew were awesome, Celty+Shinra, Shizuo, etc... I rejoiced when Simon punched Izaya and told him that Saki called and that she gave him info on what Izaya's doing! And good ending for Kida and Saki! And glad that Ryugamine restored the Dollars chatroom, they remain, YES!

Can't forget the epic OST through the whole season!
PhinalPhlashMar 14, 2015 7:07 PM
Jun 6, 2015 10:31 AM

Mar 2015
So in the end the only one who could really get his hands on Izaya was Simon
Jun 17, 2015 6:44 AM

Jul 2012
"um, why's there a street sign in the middle of the road?"
ur about to get rekt, bruh, that's why
that whole sequence is probably my favourite moment in this whole anime

edit:
okay no, izaya taking simon's fist to the face is my favourite
rest in pieces, you piece of shit
Jun 22, 2015 10:16 AM

Apr 2010
One of the most awesome series I've watched so far. :3
Jun 24, 2015 12:54 AM

Sep 2014
Bloody Lad made an appearence in this episode. I love the Baccano! references, they fit in so well. :D

Simon punching Izaya was really satisfying. I would love to know what they said in russian.
Jul 5, 2015 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty good final ep. This show didn't wow me like Baccano did, but it was still quite good.

Rating for this episode: 5/5

Rating for the show: 8/10
Jul 14, 2015 4:19 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't expect durarara could be this good, I already dropped this show 3times because the beginning was too boring -.- .. but halfway through it become interesting :D

well anyway. Thanks you Simon, and Izaya you piece of sh!!!
Jul 18, 2015 9:25 PM

Mar 2012
That was pretty great. Now time to start on S2.

PetalBlizzard said:

xD
Oct 9, 2015 1:21 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was just epic,And Super Awesome I really enjoyed watching this Anime it have everything that I like to watch !
Overall 8/10
AWESOME STORY
Oct 13, 2015 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
Wasn't expecting much from this anime tbh but it surpassed my expectations.

Not bad, I'd watch the second season when I have time.
Dec 5, 2015 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
Couldn't convince me to watch the sequels
Jan 3, 2016 2:02 AM

Nov 2015
Nice ending because everyone was happy in the end. I thought Masaomi died . But thank god,he didn't.

Well, overall this show was good but not excellent. I think it was outstanding and a masterpiece show till episode 15 or 16. After that it turn 'good'. This show could have been much better if Anri and Mikado's character could have been developed. Two of them are my hatred characters of this show.

Izaya Shizuo,Erika,Selty, Masaomi are fabulous..... So I give this show 8/10.
Jan 11, 2016 7:46 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shizuo still badass. Lol at Simon giving Izaya a punch! Lol at Celty's swimsuit and Shinra's reaction!

5/5
Mar 27, 2016 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
Shizuo remains a beast, damn that part with Horada and Co driving was golden XD Simon giving Izaya a punch was just satisfying, arrogant bastard got what he deserved!

Overall a pleasant surprise, didn't expect it to be this good, 8/10 for me!
Apr 1, 2016 3:39 AM

May 2015
Bird said:
that whole sequence is probably my favourite moment in this whole anime

edit:
okay no, izaya taking simon's fist to the face is my favourite
rest in pieces, you piece of shit

Exactly my thoughts.

It was an incredibly satisfying ending -- Shizuo properly fucking shit up like the legend he is, and Izaya getting his comeuppance (although he deserves a couple bullets in him as well). I liked the Masaomi arc, but I wass a bit disappointed with the Saki asspull though, it felt kind of sudden/rushed. Also props to Anri for trying to f**k Izaya up.

What a show.
littlefujiApr 1, 2016 3:50 AM

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
Apr 5, 2016 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
Cely was lookin hot.
Apr 16, 2016 10:56 PM

Feb 2010
I actually didn't think I was
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 16, 2016 10:58 PM

Feb 2010
I actually didn't think I would like this show because honestly I didn't think the first few episodes were very good. I was watching like one episode every two days. It wasn't something that I felt like I wanted to watch. But the last half was so good. I liked it a lot. Especially the last few episodes I loved. It's hard to rate this series since I didn't enjoy the start but really enjoyed the last half. I think I'll stick with a 8/10. I actually felt sad to see it ends which is a sign that I liked it haha.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - Apr 28

4 by Haemogoblin »»
May 3, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - May 20, 2010

212 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 3, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Blackbird - May 13, 2010

243 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 3, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.