Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2014 11:24 PM

Jul 2008
Okay so if Kaiba is in the white doll, then who is in Kaiba's body and WTF with the two haired girl?!
Dec 21, 2014 2:49 PM

Oct 2014
wow this episode was seriously disturbing, wouldn't have expected these events to happen, this episode had so many ambiguous happenings that i hope would be clarified afterwords but overall the quality of the series is increasing
" Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. "
Cloud Atlas
Dec 26, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2012
Nice ep. Ended faster than before. I don't understand the focus on those characters but some things were explained.
Dec 29, 2014 7:17 PM

Jun 2013
wow i can see how this would be disturbing to some, but i like it, quite a bit actually.

you really got to pay attention to figure out whats going on even then it can be a bit confusing.

thought i missed something when i didn't know who the little flying thing was but i guess not.

not sure why Kaiba left his body behind but i'm not too concerned about it at the moment as i feel like that will come back somehow

this anime continues to get more and more interesting
Jul 27, 2015 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
What the hell was all that melting and boiling and other stuff? xD
Masturbating just went on a whole new level xD
But why would Kaiba exchange his body? e.e
Aug 5, 2015 5:20 AM

Jul 2014
I'm so lost. What the hell is going on? What's with the hippo? Nothing makes sense.
Aug 20, 2015 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
Memory sex looks pretty intense
Aug 28, 2015 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
That sex scene was 11/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 1, 2015 11:47 PM

Oct 2012
Really weird. But I can't stop watching it.
Nov 14, 2015 10:54 PM
Jul 2015
Well, I'm following what's happened so far well enough. I take it Kaiba had his mind switched out into some dorky little flying guy. But whose the beefy white one?

And oh god what a surreal sex scene.

Edit: how did I miss the obvious line saying that Kaiba WAS the big white guy? Ugh, I'm too inattentive.
Nov 26, 2015 11:25 PM

Nov 2014
This show is so weird.

Nov 29, 2015 4:40 AM

Oct 2015
danieltortoisee said:
I'm so lost. What the hell is going on? What's with the hippo? Nothing makes sense.

This was my reaction :P I was very tired when I watched it which meant I only realised that the hippo was Kaiba halfway through episode 3.

Sex scene, freaky fanservice and cheesy humour were meh. Episode 1 was better.
Dec 13, 2015 6:50 AM

Jul 2015
...what was the point of that sex scene? Hell, what was the point of that female character?

Still, I enjoyed this episode. I'm really liking this whole new world, and I have the feeling that there's even more stuff to explain about it (kinda obvious since I'm only in episode 2).
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jan 15, 2016 11:34 AM

Mar 2014
-Koga- said:
...what was the point of that sex scene? Hell, what was the point of that female character?

Still, I enjoyed this episode. I'm really liking this whole new world, and I have the feeling that there's even more stuff to explain about it (kinda obvious since I'm only in episode 2).

I feel like the sex scene was abstract enough to have it be there as an exploration of what sex is like within this universe, where bodies can be changed at will. It explored the sexual limits people are willing to go to because of that, as well as the fulfillment of people's desires (such as that guy who created that sex doll).

Not sure there's anything more to it than that, but I think it was pretty interesting on it's own merits... especially since it was so odd and unique.
::End of Transmission::

Apr 28, 2016 5:33 PM

Feb 2012
So this woman smuggles little kids across the galaxy, and is paid not with money but with the privilege of using their bodies as selfcest boytoys? And she's so well known for this service that Popo went straight to her?

Rich people, seriously.
Jul 31, 2016 12:35 PM

Mar 2010
Well, that was... confusing. Awesome, but confusing. Still, I'm pretty sure I understood it all aside from Butter showing up during the sex scene? What was that supposed to mean?
Anyway, yeah, pretty sure Neiro is that green thingy. I rewatched the ending of the first episode again and it indeed looked like they were extracting her from her body.
Dec 10, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2015
Kaiba just witnessed himself banging a chick to death. 10/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 8, 2017 11:21 PM
Mar 2015
Can someone please explain me that sex scene? Oh, and also that story with that guy who made fell in love all those girls...Help me plz, my mind is fucked up
Mar 9, 2017 11:37 AM

Jun 2016
Butter seems to be quite the womanizer. Seemed, rather - I suppose he's gloop now.
Dec 25, 2017 5:00 PM

Jan 2017
So the girl had sex with herself while Kaiba watched her from another body?

You got my attention series hahaha.

No, seriously that aside, i love how the whole concept of 'immortality' is played out in the series. Also, it's highly political; just the rich can access to such privilege while the poor are robbed both from their memories and bodies. Incredible.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Nov 25, 2019 12:51 PM

Apr 2015
Well, the first episode was a pretty easy watch. This one is definitely a lot more complex and confusing.

For most of the episode, I thought Kaiba was in the hippo stuffed animal, but I just remembered that actually his body and his mind were stored in separate places I think? So the hippo body is actually his right now? And someone took control of his other body? Either the women who exploded, or someone else (since I'd assume someone had to take control of his body in order to even enter the women's chambers in the first place).

And also I completely forgot Butter died before he even walked in on his daughter xD So, was that just an illusion in the daughter's head? A metaphor for how the daughter feels? Or did he get ressurected? Oh gosh I hope this gets explained!
observing a woman's body
Mar 30, 2020 7:04 PM

Feb 2014
I'd say Kaiba is trippin as much as I am right bout now

Honestly for as much as crazy selfcest is entertaining, episode's maybe a bit too hentai for me lol
MatchaTeeMar 30, 2020 7:12 PM
Apr 2, 2020 10:05 PM

Oct 2013
You know, I'm just going with it.
Apr 28, 2020 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
O_O ..that was really unexpected.. so different from episode 1, and how

the river of memories from Planet Lala was beautiful..
Jan 15, 2021 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
I am really lost , hope it gets better for me to understand what is going on
May 27, 2021 3:59 AM

May 2020
Damn somone forgot to add a selfcest tag to this, although technically, I guess its a variation on the possession tag. I've been reading way too much hentai, haven't I ?

I definitely wasn't expecting this to explore sexual themes like this. The cutesy artstyle is definitely not representative of what this show is about.

A bit more light being shed on the world. I have a sinking feeling this is not going to be the last time we see Vanilla.
Nov 10, 2021 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
Holy fuck this is Good so far. Very interesting
Jan 14, 2022 4:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is so good. SO many implications. The day when we can play with our memories and minds like this, all hell will break loose.

Butter was such a ladies man, lol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 15, 2022 5:31 AM

Jul 2021
Butter is a fancy man and has a large harem. Balloon Girl is Butter's daughter and resents him for being a terrible father, strange af.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 28, 2022 11:41 AM

Jul 2020
"Don´t try to understand it, enjoy" - Chiqui Tapia
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Jan 10, 4:48 PM
Jul 2017
oversexualized and i don't understand anything going on. this plot is nonsense
Mar 20, 9:37 AM

Dec 2022
So rather than become more grounded and understandable after the premier episode, the anime instead went down the "incoherent clusterfuck" route. Aside from some of the scenes possibly going for a shock value approach and still following a chronological sequence (which should be a given), nothing else was intelligible.

Neiro's vigilante organisation could possibly prove interesting, since there's at least some sense to that plot point, but who knows if this anime will bother developing it when we can have more strange exploding people fucking each other instead.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I’m indifferent to the point of dropping it

Sagepool - Apr 13

0 by Sagepool »»
Apr 13, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Netforce - Aug 7, 2008

153 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trojun - Aug 7, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 10 Discussion

8GaugeBrett - Jul 31, 2008

43 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

freedo- - Jul 4, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 3:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.