Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2013 10:30 AM

Jan 2012
Grimmer was one of few characters that were really interesting and not annoying. This sucks.

Feb 28, 2013 2:35 PM
Aug 2011
Ouch Grimmer.

It was so sad that he died while crying and realizing his emotions for his son.
Mar 6, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2012
Grimmer dying was some magnificent voice acting. And I'm not even Japanese. Two unanswered question's left. Why did Klause Poppe do this shit and the final memories of the Liebert twins.
Mar 24, 2013 11:47 PM

Apr 2012
This truly was Steiner's finest hour. We will miss you Grimmer
Mar 27, 2013 10:07 PM

Jun 2010
I had a feeling he was going to die. But the scene was still moving as hell.
Mar 29, 2013 10:21 PM

Oct 2010
Fuck....fuck. I cried like a bitch....poor Grimmer.

The fact that (as Poppe said) he was one of (if not the only) kid with a rage induced alter-ego to actually live to his age and be such a nice person speaks volumes to what kind of person Grimmer was. He even managed to beat Steiner in the end.

RIP Grimmer.
Apr 14, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2012
I like how everyone keeps commenting about how it is the "best episode" they've ever seen, in almost every single episode discussion thread.

I wish we could have seen Grimmer in action before he died.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Apr 29, 2013 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
I cant believe it. Grimmer is dead :(
May 9, 2013 4:42 AM

Oct 2012
One of best episode of this show. Poor Grimmer. Last ep of Magnificient Steiner..
And that Lunge x Tenma meeting was excellently done.

Now I really want to know what was that memory Nina and Johan shares. The very reason everything is happening. How can you corrupt mind of innocent child?

And someone please kill Roberto already.
Jun 3, 2013 3:52 PM

Oct 2010
Grimmer's death was handled brilliantly. I only recall one, maybe two deaths in anime that hit me harder.
Jun 25, 2013 9:27 PM

May 2011
A Fucking Masterpiece.
Jul 24, 2013 9:43 PM

Jun 2013
how ironic that Grimmer's sadness is what made his death a good one
Aug 13, 2013 1:31 PM

May 2013
Bonaparta reminds me of Freud !!
And too bad Grimmer had to die, he was my favorite after Tenma.
Aug 22, 2013 10:00 PM

Mar 2013
WOW.. One of the best characters in the series died :/, but Grimmer's death was portrayed so good
Aug 23, 2013 1:02 PM
May 2012
Noooooooooo Grimmer you are such an awesome man why why and Lunge finally you admit it I hope you don't die this is a beautiful episode Grimmer's death almost made me cry.
Oct 14, 2013 8:42 PM

Apr 2013
dammm everyone but GRIMMER ;________; rip mate
Oct 18, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
Lunge apologized and Grimmer died :/
Fantastic episode.
Nov 6, 2013 6:45 AM
Feb 2011
I watched this years ago and completely forgot my favorite character died. This caught me by surprise.

Those last words were absolutely beautiful. Made me drop a tear or two (okay, maybe a lot). It was a nice albeit a very tragic scene. Wim being there as Grimmer remembers his child made it even more sad. Hats off to the animation and especially the soundtrack. RIP Grimmer.

Laraso said:
I wish we could have seen Grimmer in action before he died.
And this, but it would probably ruin the gentle giant image established by his character... Then again, him going berserk is part of his character. So yeah, why not? Ooh I'm really wondering how HBO will pull this off.
JujikaNov 6, 2013 6:50 AM
Nov 8, 2013 1:47 AM

Jul 2009
first off what a episode!!

one of the most emotional and action pack episodes ever!!

they're really saving the best for last huh?

Grimmer-san NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! T______T

i was hoping i would see him in picnic with Tenma or in a bar with Lunge :(

you shall be missed forever!!!

i actually thought he was one of those one time only side characters. can't believed he grew soo much and became one of the most important characters in the whole series!

i think he died because he didn't use the Magnificent Steiner, but instead just use his anger as a human and not a monster.

what irritated me is that stupid waitress girl who keeps crying like a little bitch. instead of getting somewhere safe as Tenma had already insisted she keeps crying and complaining and not you pay the price. really hate it when someone is already helping you, yet they keep crying like an idiot.

finally we get to see Tenma and Lunge!! i feel like it's been AGES since we last saw the two face to face. surprised to see Lunge apologizing after all these years!!! man Lunge better survived this!!

and i knew he was a professional. that fucking bastard who's acting like a civilian got blown the fuck up. Lunge definitely has quick and fast reactions!! never hesitated to pull the trigger just like Eva!!

poor guy, getting his wife killed like that :( the lottery winners got luck they only got wound on the shoulders. can't say i have any sympathy on those stupid old people who brought the killers in this town in the first place. you deserve to die like that.

i'm still Grimmer dies T__T he finally cries all these years after his son's death. i really love this line

"You cannot take the emotions away from a human being...like a letter that is lost, it finds it's way to you decades later"

you really can't just eliminate emotions forever. i bet Johan feels the same somewhere in his heart.

RIP Grimmer-san. you deserve to rest after all these years.

last 3 episodes! i don't think i can handle this T__T
Nov 10, 2013 4:22 AM

Oct 2010
God damn Grimmer. God damn.

I agree with some comments in here, there are very few deaths that have affected me as much as this one did. I think this is probably the emotional peak of this series, and that is truly saying something. Great, great character, his presence in the show was fascinating, he really did change the mood around him. In a story with such a range of great, charismatic and likeable characters (or just terrifyingly haunting like Johan), I'm surprised at how much I felt everything this long-nosed bro was on.

Inspector Lunge confirms what was obvious from a very long time ago; his journey to find Tenma was personal, a sort of primary objective in life. And he grew another view of the question during his holidays (lol) in Prague, I'm glad to see that he has finally seen everything clear.

Everything is set for a great ending. I hope it won't disappoint.

Oh, and...

PrinceHeir said:
poor guy, getting his wife killed like that :( the lottery winners got luck they only got wound on the shoulders. can't say i have any sympathy on those stupid old people who brought the killers in this town in the first place. you deserve to die like that.

Wait what how when where
Nov 26, 2013 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
god damn it, grimmer was such a great character and was one of the most deserving of a happy ending out of all the characters. Phenominal episode and this finale is nothing short of astonishing so far

3 episodes left, let us see where this masterpiece will take us yet.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 10, 2013 12:13 AM

Jan 2013
I know right? It's not fair that Grimmer died yet none of the bad bad guys are dead. How cruel.
Dec 24, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2011
quite an emotional ep, my 2nd fav characters dies in an epic way
Jan 1, 2014 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
Epic episode!!!
Jan 8, 2014 6:44 PM

Mar 2013
the magnificent "steiner" can't end like this, I demand a sequel
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 8, 2014 6:50 PM

Mar 2013
Tengai said:
Noooooooooo Grimmer you are such an awesome man why why and Lunge finally you admit it I hope you don't die this is a beautiful episode Grimmer's death almost made me cry.

Lunge cannot die, he is my favorite.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 11, 2014 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
This episode actually made me shed a tear or two, which is very uncommon. Such a sad ending for a great character :(
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA
Jan 12, 2014 4:18 AM
Jun 2013
OMG What a masterpiece with the emotional scene at the end. One of the most beautiful scenes in anime i've ever seen. Definately one of my favorite moments; the dialougue, setting and music fitted the scene perfectly! This is perhaps the saddest death i've witnessed in anime and the closest i've been to tearing and i'm not a teary kind of guy! I especially like the quote:

"So this is what true sadness feels like, it feels a lot like happiness"

The Irony brings out the beauty in this line and this scene is what bumped up the rating for me. Brilliant anime broke into an 8.8/10.
Jan 29, 2014 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
grimmer was the best :( :( my heart hurts a little..
Feb 13, 2014 4:39 AM

May 2013
No not Grimmer T_T He was one of the best characters in the series. Glad he could finally cry for his son though. 3 episodes left I don't want it to be over :(
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 15, 2014 8:40 AM

May 2013
This episode was full of feels.

First the part when Lunge apologized to Tenma. Such simple words, yet they held so much emotional weight. It's a big character moment for Lunge, since it means that he has finally accepted that he was wrong, that he was mistaken, that he has been chasing the wrong man for years, and that he's willing to admit it. Such a great moment.

Then we had Grimmer's death. It was incredibly sad...and I was hoping so much he wouldn't die, he was one of my favorite characters. His death served to complete his character arc as well. After not feeling anything for most of his life, in the end he feels the true, raw emotions of both sadness and happiness, polar opposites of each other.

I suppose there'll be more casualties in the last three episodes as well. I'm dreading that...
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 6, 2014 11:01 PM

May 2013
This was an emotional episode. There was significant character development for Lunge. Grimmer's death was very sad. His character arc was very intriguing and emotional.
Conan_KudoMar 7, 2014 8:23 AM
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Mar 13, 2014 8:48 PM
Aug 2013
FUCK MAN. Why did Grimmer-san have to die!?!?!? T_T

I felt so sad when I thought about the past that he went through and losing all of his emotions. Too bad when he finally got his emotions back he only got to experience them at his final hour.

Grimmer and Lunge are in my opinion, my two most favorite and badass characters in the whole show. I'm really hoping they Lunge doesn't get killed off as well but seeing as this show is very unpredictable and is almost reaching it's conclusion I am getting pretty anxious. >_<
Mar 22, 2014 6:01 AM

Oct 2013
This 1 was pretty sad,Grimmer died and he finally cried for he's son, only 3 episodes left.

May 1, 2014 6:22 AM

Mar 2013
NOOOO *sobsobsob*
May 26, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
damn i teared up at the Grimmer's death scene T_T;
He was able to finally properly grieve the death of his son, and for the first time in his life feel like a human by expressing genuine emotions. A terrific character transformation and an emotional dialogue.
zzzeallyMay 26, 2014 5:58 PM

May 31, 2014 9:54 PM

May 2011
When Grimmer died, it reminded me of
in Trigun. The similarities are too great.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 7, 2014 11:41 AM

Dec 2011
Knew there was no way Grimmer would survive this episode. He was one of my favorite characters in this show RIP

Jun 15, 2014 9:03 PM

Jul 2011
MrAM said:

First the part when Lunge apologized to Tenma. Such simple words, yet they held so much emotional weight. It's a big character moment for Lunge, since it means that he has finally accepted that he was wrong, that he was mistaken, that he has been chasing the wrong man for years, and that he's willing to admit it. Such a great moment.

Then we had Grimmer's death. It was incredibly sad...and I was hoping so much he wouldn't die, he was one of my favorite characters. His death served to complete his character arc as well. After not feeling anything for most of his life, in the end he feels the true, raw emotions of both sadness and happiness, polar opposites of each other.

I suppose there'll be more casualties in the last three episodes as well. I'm dreading that...

Two of my favorite characters had such important moments.

I knew he would die, but... Grimmer.... T^T

And Runge's death flag. >__<
MirorinJun 15, 2014 9:06 PM
Jul 14, 2014 3:05 AM

May 2013
Why?!!!

Damn it I wanted them to Grimmer to get out alive and actually grab a beer with Tenma and Lunge...he doesn't deserve this!

You were awesome to the very end Grimmer.
Aug 10, 2014 7:00 AM

Sep 2013
It really sucks to have Grimmer-san get killed off in this episode, he was an outstanding character, the magnificent Steiner!

Before this episode Runge-san's character definitely interested me but these last few episode he's definitely made one of my favorites! with his unique data-collecting hand

HANG IN THERE RUNGE!
Sep 3, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2013
What an amazing and powerful episode. Grimmer and Reichwein are my favorites, so it broke my heart when Grimmer died. At least he's a happier man...

Congrats to Lunge for realizing he was truly an obnoxious turd. Glad he apologized to Tenma.

Now we just gotta keep the badass old man alive. (I love Reichwein a little too much)

RIP Grimmer <3
Sep 9, 2014 3:42 AM

Mar 2013
Crying rivers over here. And not even just because of Grimmer's death. No, this entire episode had incredibly emotional scenes in it.
Sep 18, 2014 8:16 PM

Jan 2014
Goodbye, best character... goodbye...
Sep 20, 2014 2:52 PM
Jul 2014
No T_T Grimmer... really good episode. The lunge scene and grimmer's scene had great emotional impact.
Oct 28, 2014 5:55 PM

Aug 2014
grimmer noo!! :( memorable episode
Oct 30, 2014 3:50 AM

Sep 2014
Mich666 said:
One of best episode of this show. Poor Grimmer. Last ep of Magnificient Steiner..
And that Lunge x Tenma meeting was excellently done.

Now I really want to know what was that memory Nina and Johan shares. The very reason everything is happening. How can you corrupt mind of innocent child?

And someone please kill Roberto already.

Indeed it was one of the best. This was emotionally stunning.

To Roberto: I hope we get an answer to what his part is in all this. It has to be more than just a random hitman.

vilmarbf said:
Tengai said:

Lunge cannot die, he is my favorite.

Yeah, Lunge must not die. He is my favourite as well.
Dec 11, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2014
Indeed a very emotional episode. It's really sad to see your favorite character die :(
but his last words somehow made me feel satisfied for him.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Dec 31, 2014 11:56 PM

Apr 2012
Good god, I actually cried when he died. What a great character.
Jan 7, 2015 9:58 PM

Feb 2013
Oh God, Grimmer-san ;-; so sad.

Kudos to Lunge for admitting he's wrong. He even said sorry. You're a good man, Inspector Lunge :')
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.