Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 19, 2007 9:44 AM
Apr 2006
a new three-parted OVA seems to be in work!

"The dream ends, the struggle for life and death begins"
...is what the webpage reads and that Ageha Ohkawa of CLAMP has a role in production/story (?), seiyuu of the main characters is same as the series...that's all^^
:D can't wait to see it~
Jun 19, 2007 9:44 AM

Mar 2007
*dies* i'm so on that.

ooh i like the new avatar too :D
Jun 19, 2007 9:58 AM

Aug 2006
Crystal gave some information on the OVA here. The thing that sucks is that it's going to be released one episode at a time with manga volumes... **sigh** Basically a 2 to 3 month wait between episodes. T_T
Jun 19, 2007 12:45 PM

Nov 2006
*SO EXCITED*
:D
Jun 21, 2007 9:50 PM

Jun 2007
Tch...Just like Gundam Seed -Stargazer- I see...I guess I will just wait until all the episodes are released before I watch them...
Jun 22, 2007 7:27 AM

May 2007
I don't know. After the second season of Tsubasa, I'm really skeptical on the whole series. Of course, I'm still going to watch this, but hopefully it turns out to be really interesting.
Jun 22, 2007 11:05 AM

Mar 2007
i thought there was a 3rd season coming out! I hope they released them in OVAs because they have mature content (aka they follow the manga). But 3 months between chapters!!!Is going to be a looong wait!

edit: i checked the webpage! they give quite a lot away with the background. the first one comes out the 16th of november...T_T
yuukoJun 23, 2007 2:32 PM
Jul 5, 2007 9:46 PM

Apr 2007
damn ovas they better be long b/c most of the ovas i've seen only average time wise 30 mins it seems like there gonna rush the ending and i hate when they do that i really do hate it
Jul 6, 2007 1:31 AM

Oct 2006
I have to admit I'm really excited for this because Production I.G. is taking over BeeTrain for the production, yay...
Jul 8, 2007 12:59 AM

Jun 2007
I didn't really bother to watch Tsubasa because the manga got boring and monotonous after vol.12.
Jul 8, 2007 9:20 AM

Mar 2007
sorry but i have to lol very hard at that last comment.
Jul 8, 2007 8:01 PM

Jul 2007
Pretty excited about this, although I haven't followed Tsubasa that much (I'm not a manga reader) and i still haven't watched all of the second season

i wonder if it'll ever get a remake, considering people say it has a lot of good stuff in it
Jul 8, 2007 8:54 PM

Nov 2004
Well, the anime follows the manga pretty closely so I dunno what the point of a remake would be. It just has fillers. The only other thing is censoring of violence but Tsubasa isn't that violent until the arc this OVA will most likely animate. So the two anime series hasn't had that much to censor that it actually ruins it.
Jul 14, 2007 2:39 PM

Jul 2007
Crystal said:
Well, the anime follows the manga pretty closely so I dunno what the point of a remake would be. It just has fillers. The only other thing is censoring of violence but Tsubasa isn't that violent until the arc this OVA will most likely animate. So the two anime series hasn't had that much to censor that it actually ruins it.

Considering the fact, that anime DID NOT follow manga closely(Characters acted Out-Of-Character all the time, their designs were screwed up and great dialogues cut up). I think it would be really good, if the remake would happen, this time without filler-ish stuff or bad animation quality ;].

Also, we all know the fact that anime deviated from manga A LOT during the second season(I guarantee that someone will be confused by Tokyo Revelations :]), so wouldn't it be better to see full remake of Tsubasa?

(P.S. the wish of my entire life is to see "drunk scenes" from manga animated :E)
Jul 31, 2007 4:02 PM

Nov 2004
I don't consider those things not following the manga closely though. Not following the manga closely is something like Black Cat or D.N. Angel if you ask me (where they just take the main story and almost do not do ANYTHING from the manga). Tsubasa generally followed the manga, they just added in some things and took some things out. The art is a huge annoyance but.. oh well.
Jul 31, 2007 4:09 PM

Jul 2007
Fwee~
I'm so excited about Tokyo Revelations! Fianlly Tsubasa is animated! And no, I do not consider "Tsubasa Chronicle" to be Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE in anime form, it deviated far from the plot and was filled with ridiculous OOC filler episodes [ Fai and Chii!? WTF!? ]. But yeah, Tokyo Revelations is going to be great, I can already tell. ^____^ [ xD I posted this at the Tokyo Revelations Picture thread as well. =O ]

Oh, and to me the art for Tsubasa Chronicle made Fai look like shotabait.
o___o;;
Jul 31, 2007 5:06 PM

May 2007
Crystal said:
I don't consider those things not following the manga closely though. Not following the manga closely is something like Black Cat or D.N. Angel if you ask me (where they just take the main story and almost do not do ANYTHING from the manga). Tsubasa generally followed the manga, they just added in some things and took some things out. The art is a huge annoyance but.. oh well.

Hence, while I really love the story of Tsubasa Chronicle, the anime really has disappointed me. Hopefully this OVA will redeem it. It looks very promising.
Aug 1, 2007 11:38 AM

Jul 2007
Crystal said:

Well actually...During the first season, they already ruined the storyline parts (they made Kurogane fight fei wang's soldiers) and they went against one of the main Clamp rules(dead stays dead, although this was redeemed in second season's beginning)

Dialogue was a very important for tsubasa, as was the atmosphere - yes, anime DID follow manga in some places, but, why cut up something what is not broken, and add up something what will fail? They make Fei Wang's soldiers a cyborgs, instead just editing out the blood streams...they bump up a pink moon in every place possible, they make sakura "fly" and pretty much ruin her character...Oh yea, they still followed the storyline a bit, but story without characters is nothing...

And now what we see in second season? Kyle goes on with blasters and force shields in piffle(lol?!?) Art quality is inconsistent, CLAMP character designs have pretty much vanished, they even go as afar as to cut off entire world from storyline, even though that world had a MINIMAL blood count, and would have saved the anime from half of fillers...But if thats not enough, they completely deviate from manga during Library...I mean, wtf? "thank you that you stole that horrible feather, you saved us"....They even go against the facts they themselves have used ("Sakura Works"?!? I mean, ze fak? The entire episode goes against her "luck" ability)...and Kuro is always portrayed as "dumb one"...these all things make you feel that beetrain did not even know on what they are creating...

Another problem was music direction...even though the OST is really great, they did many mistakes in choosing music for scenes - hell, in half of anime we hear only "song of storm and fire"...and...not enough silence...the very first episode ended really great with only rain in background, and Sayoran's famous words (please save her)...We had no more of these moments...

Yet another problem was animation quality...Yuuko looked half-freak, Fai had a horrible face, Kurogane during library looked like Frankenstein...
(end of ranting)

Anyway, Production IG. did a good job with Sayoran and Sayoran designs. Kamui looks good(although i imagined him with grey/dark_yellow cloak, instead of red...). This really gives me a hope, that we will have a decent anime adaptation(even though its only 3 ova long and only one arc story-wise long)...
Aug 1, 2007 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
@Fai: I agree completely, and waht you said about Fai made me laugh, 'cause to me his face looked like some little kid. He looked like some pretty little shotabait kid. Oi.

Oh, and lets not forget all the bullshit they added trying to make it seem like Kurogane was in love with Tomoyo "I can't die until I see her again!" Come on! What's up with that! He never said that in the manga! And I won't even get into the whole FaiChii episode. That went against two CLAMP plots. Seriously. Just talking about "Tsubasa Chronicle" gets me all angry.
D:
Aug 7, 2007 4:54 PM

Jul 2007
Aand the official wbsite was updated again. Now it contains two aditional pages - "Characters" and "Events".

In "Characters" we can see the actual concept art for character designs !!!!! (no Tomb Raider Sakura design yet)
Sep 18, 2007 11:10 AM

Mar 2007
Trailer is out! yay!
Sep 23, 2007 2:48 PM

Aug 2007
omg cant wait 4 this!!!!

ive read the magna all the way up 2 the last chapter and its just great cant wait 2 see them bring it to life!!!! ^-^
Oct 21, 2007 3:20 PM
Oct 2007
Just a bit more... just a bit more... CALM DOWN PPL~

*arghhhhhhhhh*

Wanna watch iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit~
Oct 23, 2007 8:39 AM

Oct 2007
XD so looking forward to watching it!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2007 12:22 AM
Nov 2007
OVA IS OUT NOW!!!
Nov 16, 2007 12:23 AM
Nov 2007
Chrysalis said:
@Fai: I agree completely, and waht you said about Fai made me laugh, 'cause to me his face looked like some little kid. He looked like some pretty little shotabait kid. Oi.

Oh, and lets not forget all the bullshit they added trying to make it seem like Kurogane was in love with Tomoyo "I can't die until I see her again!" Come on! What's up with that! He never said that in the manga! And I won't even get into the whole FaiChii episode. That went against two CLAMP plots. Seriously. Just talking about "Tsubasa Chronicle" gets me all angry.
D:

Hmmmm I do agree with everything your saying Fai and Chrysalis. Beetrain, I SPIT ON YOU!

But I dunno, even if this was a filler, the Fai and Chii episode wasnt too bad. We got to see a side of Fai that we had to see and it was really nice to see that side of himi. Im not a fan of fillers. I usually skip them, but I kinda really liked the Fai and Chii episode. *shrugs* Thats me I guess.

I hope the three episode OVA's imrpove from the dismal season 2 effort. Beetrain messed everything up so bad! Im so happy they lost the reins to Tsubasa. Maybe Tsubasa might get interesting now without me getting bored within the first 5 episodes.

Chii
xoxo
Nov 17, 2007 5:45 AM

Oct 2007
I should be watching the first OVA in just around 10 minutes --- i can't wait to see how well Production I.G will handle this adaptation.
Feb 5, 2008 3:15 PM

Jul 2007
Trailer for OVA 3 riped up to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi5NqsHw8qU
Feb 5, 2008 4:07 PM

Sep 2007
Aug 3, 2008 3:28 PM

Jan 2008
Tsubasa Chronicles was actually pretty boring and the ending was a total let-down. However just hearing about the fact that CLAMP will be doing the three OVA's sounds really good. Hopefully the plot is strong and the animation is consistent as well as eye-catching. Plus I would love to see a variety of music used instead of just one song... Not to mention, I really want to see lots of character development.

I'm looking forward to watching the 3 OVA's :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Aug 3, 2008 3:57 PM

Aug 2007
Sounds like a good opportunity for some redemption here - hopefully the studio can redeem themselves and make up for how boring and disappointing Tsubasa Chronicle was

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.