Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 9:35 PM
Mar 2017
we all thought gege was cooking but it was chef sukuna all along
grimApr 25, 12:58 AM
Apr 24, 9:58 PM

Jun 2020
UiUi is actually the MVP of the Sukuna Raid he’s done so much to support.

Since he can swap souls two times in a month, we know that one of the people was Kusakabe to teach Yuji simple domain and CE manipulation.

The second person that Yuji swapped with has to have RCT because Yuji’s also done that in this fight.
-Hakari is automatic so he can’t teach Yuji’s body
-Yuta does it by instinct and would have taught Yuji how to use Copy, which he hasn’t done at all
-Choso would be an option, considering that he could also condition Yuji’s body to Blood Manipulation, but remember that Yuji was calling Kamo a great teacher compared to Choso so I think Yuji learned BM by being taught without swapping

Gojo only survived against Toji because he consciously learned how to do RCT before death. So he is the best one to swap with Yuji and possibly even teach his body Limitless. Since Yuji chained 7-8 black flashes, his CE manipulation should at least be somewhat comparable to Six Eyes (obviously a fraction of it still) but I think it is possible he can pull out limitless in a crucial moment.
DumbApr 24, 11:25 PM
Apr 24, 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
damn sukunas domain expansion is back and finally he is using that fire technique again and we will get an explanation of that soon

can they bring back gojo with ui ui swap technique though? he can swap souls for fucks sake lol

but break again next week
Apr 24, 10:40 PM
Mar 2017
Dumb said:

Since he can swap souls two times in a month, we know that one of the people was Kusakabe to teach Yuji simple domain and CE manipulation.

The second person that Yuji swapped with has to have RCT because Yuji’s also done that in this fight. Yuta said he doesn’t think about RCT when he does it, so could Gojo sensei possibly be the second person that Yuji was swapped with to teach his body RCT? Since Yuji doesn’t have six eyes, then he is saving the Limitless technique for a crucial moment.

facts in UiUi we trust 🙌🏻 bros carrying fosho

like i stated swapping isn’t confirmed to be exactly twice a month but can even allude to back and forth from opposing body to the original. this can make for a bigger moment once UiUi uses it in present time.

-hakari being automatic doesn’t take anything away from being able to teach yuji, since he’s in his body it’d only lead to muscle memory intuition which would be a great feat.
-so why hasn’t yuta copied gojo then?
but just like you said with limitless it can be yuji is saving it for an exact moment.
-ye its pretty obvious he didn’t swap with choso. death paintings + kamo also to add when yuji lost his foot he did the same exact thing choso did against kenjaku and “バチッ” showcases that.

as for gojo… (anything for sum copium) comparable is hilarious lol nice save saying fraction. the fanbase doesn’t understand that gege has already stated that limitless is too much of a complex ct that requires accuracy like no other when it comes to ce manipulation and maximum adaptability which only makes it possible with help from se. remember the efficiency of gojo alone is why he is the honored one and se is what makes limitless the strongest technique so it wouldn’t make sense for yuji to learn it.

i’d like the idea of FBE being taught which would be nuts next chapter!! although red v fuga would break the internet im all for anything at this point.
grimApr 25, 5:28 PM
Apr 25, 3:41 AM

Jun 2014
Chapter 222, there was a brief moment in that chapter that led to theories that Yuji had soul swapping abilities (it was a short and glossed-over implication that hinted that Yuji and Kusakabe had switched bodies). Now we’re learning that it was Ui Ui all along. Love how Gege will sometimes leave bread crumbs that hint at something bigger, sometimes in plain sight, then come back to it later on with a full explanation. But he’s a bad writer btw. And the soul swapping to learn other people’s techniques will probably also be called an asspull btw.

Obviously Sukuna wouldn’t be on the defensive with Yuji having the upper hand forever, and he staged quite the counterattack this chapter. Yuji even lost a leg damn. And oh boy, FUGA is back, making its first appearance since its epic showcase back in Shibuya. This Golden Week break is going to be brutal lol.

After reading the chapter: So that explains why Yuji has been able to come so far as a sorcerer despite only having been one for like 6 months. Ironically, Sukuna himself contributed to that. Yuji’s body remembers what Sukuna did while using Yuji as a vessel and that has translated to an accelerated learning ability. I guess that’s how he could learn RCT in a month, not to mention his body (according to what Choso “thinks”) can withstand how much CE it takes up so no wonder he’s been able to use it a lot in a relatively short amount of time.

So many things that I’m pretty sure the fandom swears were asspulls are being properly explained it’s crazy. This is why you let the author cook before being reactionary 🙏
thebrentinator24Apr 29, 1:33 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 25, 7:13 AM
May 2021
Ouii Sukunas domsin expansion will always be fire, so ui ui is literally taking Ws right now? Interesting honestly dont know what to expect now!
Apr 25, 10:49 AM
Aug 2020
Oh so thats what the body swapping with Kusakabe was about. Great chapter, great moment when Sukuna opened his domain again, its Gojover for Yuji hes about to get wrecked, he had a good run though.

Thought they'd use the body swapping fudgery to save Megumi somehow.
Apr 25, 1:37 PM
Oct 2022
why is no one commenting how juyi lost his leg?
gege really hates him
Apr 25, 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
j_ds said:
gege really hates him

Does it matter?, He has RCT.
Apr 26, 6:54 AM

Jan 2009
some fans on reddit says the malevolent kitchen meme is real sukuna is a chef and his cursed technique is a literal kitchen since it has cutting and fire
Apr 26, 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
Yes kill him Sukuna, just one last pest.
Apr 26, 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
So this chapter finally answered that random panel that was shown awhile back in which Yuji was in Kusakabe's body. So this is how they trained Yuji in such a short period of time, By putting him inside Kusakabe's body.
Hopefully we finally see the secret behind this Furnace power of Sukuna's. I've been curious ever since he used it against Jogo. Is it a new cursed technique or an application of his existing one.
Apr 26, 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to j_ds
gege really hates him
@j_ds To be fair the leg he lost was grown back in the next panel, so he didn’t really have much to worry about since he has RCT now.

Apr 26, 12:31 PM
Mar 2015
our boi is learning many new techniques
Apr 26, 1:21 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to thebrentinator24
@j_ds To be fair the leg he lost was grown back in the next panel, so he didn’t really have much to worry about since he has RCT now.
@thebrentinator24 You actually see him reattaching his leg with blood manipulation and then healing it.
Apr 26, 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Rexnihilo
@thebrentinator24 You actually see him reattaching his leg with blood manipulation and then healing it.
@Rexnihilo Ah yea you're right, now that I went back I noticed the stream of blood between the severed leg and the rest of the leg that I assume was implying that the leg was coming back to be reattached.

Apr 26, 2:06 PM

May 2020
Wonder when the author will finally use his favourite quote and will state, "Itadori's potential is equal to Gojo's now". Or wait, I think he already has or was it with Sukuna? 

Either way, no one was asking how he could learn so much in such a short time to begin with, as this seems a simple plain case of main guy syndrome. Though now the author could literally throw anything around and will just say it's the result of "learning and adaptation while he was still one with Sukuna" lmao.

Since Sukuna isn't programmed to die, wonder who'll be the one in the next chapter, now that his domain is out too.
Apr 26, 3:26 PM
Dec 2022
Sukuna bruh moment
more Hakari content YIPPEEE
Rip Yuji foot

is Yuji gonna get cooked next chapter?
Apr 26, 4:13 PM
Aug 2020
is it possible to not enjoy this chapter

damnnnn
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 26, 4:53 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to Dumb

The second person that Yuji swapped with has to have RCT because Yuji’s also done that in this fight.
-Hakari is automatic so he can’t teach Yuji’s body
-Yuta does it by instinct and would have taught Yuji how to use Copy, which he hasn’t done at all
-Choso would be an option, considering that he could also condition Yuji’s body to Blood Manipulation, but remember that Yuji was calling Kamo a great teacher compared to Choso so I think Yuji learned BM by being taught without swapping

Gojo only survived against Toji because he consciously learned how to do RCT before death. So he is the best one to swap with Yuji and possibly even teach his body Limitless. Since Yuji chained 7-8 black flashes, his CE manipulation should at least be somewhat comparable to Six Eyes (obviously a fraction of it still) but I think it is possible he can pull out limitless in a crucial moment.
@Dumb Holy shit, you are the true chief for cooking up this masterpiece of this analysis.
Apr 26, 5:33 PM
Feb 2020
Sukuna Kaisen is Back.
Apr 26, 6:25 PM

Apr 2022
''you've gotta be shitting me'' same miguel, same. aight fuga time, just end it sukuna.
Apr 26, 7:08 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
i'm not surprised by anything at this point lol. anyone can do whatever they want in the realm of jujutsu XD

seeing that FUGA again was cool. time for some flames

nice to see yuta albeit for a flashback panel
Apr 27, 1:57 PM
Nov 2023
GudBoy said:
j_ds said:
gege really hates him

Was boutta say, wasn’t there confirmation of the foot going straight back to his body?
Apr 27, 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to kendrickoslamar
GudBoy said:
j_ds said:
gege really hates him

Was boutta say, wasn’t there confirmation of the foot going straight back to his body?
@kendrickoslamar

He stands up with his leg intact, so no worries. Fuga v Fuga next chapter👍
Apr 27, 3:44 PM

Oct 2009
The fight just gets crazier every chapter. Personally love how intricate Sukuna's ploy is. He deployed a special barrier over his domain expansion that prevents any object from leaving so that Maki can't escape. Basically created an enclosed space so to use as a furnace for his fire ability. I'm guessing that after the 99 second limit attached to Sukuna's domain, he won't be able to really fight anymore, so that's why he wants to ensure Maki is included in the destruction. Favorite part of the chapter was Yuji reattaching his dismantled foot back with blood manipulation. That was a sick save.

Apr 27, 3:51 PM

Nov 2014
this fight has started for so many chapters already and Sukuna still strong as fuck,king of curses indeed
Apr 27, 5:10 PM

Dec 2021
Megumi has been hearing Yuji's black flashes like an alarm clock, and he's still not waking up. It's also interesting how Sukuna is even copying Gojo's hand sign for domain expansion. They say that "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

It'll be interesting to see how Gege manages to make Yuji survive this, especially after facing not only the Malevolent Shrine but also Fuuka back-to-back.

Apr 28, 8:26 AM
Jun 2023
Shits about to get Real very fast
Apr 28, 8:59 AM

Apr 2020
We are reaching the climax of the fight it would seem. The last 2 chapters have given unexpected answers to long theorized questions and I think they were both simpler and more satisfying than what was thought would be the case. Imma a fan of the answers we are getting.
Apr 28, 10:29 AM

Jan 2021
This chapter was FIRE! I love learning new things from JJK every chapter, it's so awesome
Apr 28, 10:35 AM

Jun 2019
Oh... the editor's comment scared the fuck out of me. Can't wait for the next chapter. Yuji, you gotta hold your end, buddy. We can take down Sukuna. The Malevolent Shrine was creepy and cool even tho it was incomplete.
Apr 28, 6:22 PM
Nov 2019
I've given up trying to understand what exactly what's happening in this fight.
Apr 29, 1:39 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Softhenic03
Wonder when the author will finally use his favourite quote and will state, "Itadori's potential is equal to Gojo's now". Or wait, I think he already has or was it with Sukuna? 

Either way, no one was asking how he could learn so much in such a short time to begin with, as this seems a simple plain case of main guy syndrome. Though now the author could literally throw anything around and will just say it's the result of "learning and adaptation while he was still one with Sukuna" lmao.

Since Sukuna isn't programmed to die, wonder who'll be the one in the next chapter, now that his domain is out too.
Softhenic03 said:

Yuji joined this fight like 20 chapters ago and since then I've literally seen endless questions from the fandom about how he was able to learn Blood Manipulation and RCT, and when this chapter finally gives detailed logical explanations, it's suddenly "nah just main guy syndrome." And when we get a detailed logical explanation for how Yuji being a vessel for Sukuna for over 200 chapters led to his explosive growth rate, via "muscle memory" of Sukuna's Jujutsu use, it's the author "throwing anything around." I know you feel the need to find even the smallest possible thing to complain about every chapter, but doing so regarding the things that were properly explained within this very chapter is just silly.

Apr 30, 1:30 AM

Feb 2015
Softhenic03 said:

Yuji joined this fight like 20 chapters ago and since then I've literally seen endless questions from the fandom about how he was able to learn Blood Manipulation and RCT, and when this chapter finally gives detailed logical explanations, it's suddenly "nah just main guy syndrome." And when we get a detailed logical explanation for how Yuji being a vessel for Sukuna for over 200 chapters led to his explosive growth rate, via "muscle memory" of Sukuna's Jujutsu use, it's the author "throwing anything around." I know you feel the need to find even the smallest possible thing to complain about every chapter, but doing so regarding the things that were properly explained within this very chapter is just silly.
@thebrentinator24 reincarnation of Sukuna's unborn brother, Gege really doesn't know how to be subtle, i'd rather he explains less, bc most of his explanations are awful, i'd rather not know the reason than read several pages of convoluted and non-sensical dialogue.
SteelingMaxMay 3, 3:10 AM

Apr 30, 8:11 AM

May 2020
thebrentinator24 said:
This detailed logical explanation has simply too convenient timing. Author is aware he has killed/retired far too many people for the sake of shock value, and now that there are as many characters who could fight against Sukuna as we can count on our four fingers, he would let Itadori do the most extreme things and pulling off strange powerups in the name of "learnt it from Sukuna", from here on.

We know you love this series, we really do, but this isn't as detailed and as logical as you're thinking.
Apr 30, 8:29 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to SteelingMax
@thebrentinator24 reincarnation of Sukuna's unborn brother, Gege really doesn't know how to be subtle, i'd rather he explains less, bc most of his explanations are awful, i'd rather not know the reason than read several pages of convoluted and non-sensical dialogue.
SteelingMax said:
reincarnation of Sukuna's unborn brother, Gege really doesn't know how to be subtle, i'd rather he explains less, bc most of his explanations are awful, i'd rather not know the reason then read several pages of convoluted and non-sensical dialogue.

Slight correction, Yuji’s dad was the reincarnation, then Kenjaku birthed Yuji through him for the sake of making him Sukuna’s vessel. I agree that his explanations do feel over-written at times, but I feel like that’s a “necessary evil” so to speak because of how dense the power system is.

Softhenic03 said:
This detailed logical explanation has simply too convenient timing. Author is aware he has killed/retired far too many people for the sake of shock value, and now that there are as many characters who could fight against Sukuna as we can count on our four fingers, he would let Itadori do the most extreme things and pulling off strange powerups in the name of "learnt it from Sukuna", from here on.

Battle shounen series do the “mid-fight power up explanation” all the time, I’m not sure why it’s such an issue now that JJK is doing it. And why do people think killing off characters = shock value. These characters are under the constant threat of death, in a profession that’s constantly plagued by death, of course people will die. Especially against the strongest sorcerer ever. I’d honestly have more of an issue with Gege going the MHA route and playing it safe by NOT killing off significant characters.

Apr 30, 1:36 PM

May 2021
I was excited enough for Fuga as it is, but apparently, it can also be translated in a way that implies he's literally cooking on a stove. I love this theme of Sukuna cooking people in his Malevolent Kitchen. Plus, I don't think Malevolent Shrine is incorrect either. One carries the kitchen theme(Kitchen/Stove) while the other carries the divine theme(Shrine/Divine Flames). It's just that there is no single word in English, that I can think of, that would carry both meanings at the same time.

On the other hand, where tf are those Binding Vows coming from? Is there a grocery sale going on?

Also, what's going on with Uraume and Hakari? If they don't show up, I'm gonna just assume they started banging and start shipping them.

Apr 30, 5:47 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to AnimeNerd99
I've given up trying to understand what exactly what's happening in this fight.
@AnimeNerd99 Since I think the soul swapping stuff is pretty understandable I will explain Sukuna's domain expansion (English TLs are pretty poopy)

It was made a point that after his Black Flash combo, Gojo got RCT, but what Sukuna got was a mystery til this chapter. He opened up his domain to full power even though he is very damaged himself. In Shibuya, Sukuna made a binding vow that allowed an escape route in return for expanding the range. Now that binding vow is gone because he fears that Maki would have been a loophole in the rules of it like she is to many other domains. But because his domain also attacks inanimate objects, Maki is not safe in it with no escape route.

Alongside the black flash boost, Sukuna was able to form his full power domain with some binding vows that were mentioned but not revealed. One of them is that the domain will only last 99 seconds. Seems like Sukuna is making so many binding vows to work around the rules of Jujutsu that we will see him break one by mistake eventually.
May 1, 12:24 AM
Jun 2023
thebrentinator24 said:
SteelingMax said:
reincarnation of Sukuna's unborn brother, Gege really doesn't know how to be subtle, i'd rather he explains less, bc most of his explanations are awful, i'd rather not know the reason then read several pages of convoluted and non-sensical dialogue.

Slight correction, Yuji’s dad was the reincarnation, then Kenjaku birthed Yuji through him for the sake of making him Sukuna’s vessel. I agree that his explanations do feel over-written at times, but I feel like that’s a “necessary evil” so to speak because of how dense the power system is.

Softhenic03 said:

Battle shounen series do the “mid-fight power up explanation” all the time, I’m not sure why it’s such an issue now that JJK is doing it. And why do people think killing off characters = shock value. These characters are under the constant threat of death, in a profession that’s constantly plagued by death, of course people will die. Especially against the strongest sorcerer ever. I’d honestly have more of an issue with Gege going the MHA route and playing it safe by NOT killing off significant characters.

Killing characters doesn't bother me, in fact if the execution is done properly ,it makes it really amazing(eg . gurren lagan) which jjk (maybe except namami) has failed to do for me:(
Megumi's sis was a basically the biggest plot device, not one cathartic moment we got btw the two siblings and then yorozu just happened to waste panels.(This is my personal opinion.)
But I agree that Gege give explanations for the power ups,ct,domains and he is unnecessarily criticised for it,in fact his fights are really enjoyable compared to other modern shonens ( culling games has two fights I reread and enjoyed).
May 3, 3:18 AM

Feb 2015
SteelingMax said:

Softhenic03 said:

@thebrentinator24 i never said who was the reincarnation.
it was his choice to make the power system convoluted, so it's still his fault that he has to over explain things, just bc a lot of shonens do the mid-battle explanation doesn't mean it's a good thing, or that Gege does it well.

I also agree that he's trying to create shock value with the miriad of deaths in this arc, i feel nothing with these characters dying, Nanami(not even in this arc) was the only one that hit me, i'm definitely not advocating for it to be more like MHA though, just for Gege to do a better job at it, make me actually care for the character, i'm not saying the only deaths allowed are the ones that further the story or anything, but i think everyone is desensitized with JJK deaths at this point.
SteelingMaxMay 3, 3:23 AM

More topics from this board

» We were all wrong looks like Sukuna is the main character not yuji.

_SHONENLOVER_ - May 4

10 by Rhae »»
May 4, 3:00 PM

» Favorite side character? (I promise im not gege)

0megaH - Apr 27

37 by Tenshi_Budo »»
May 2, 11:53 PM

» sukuna is a chef? let him cook?

deg - Apr 29

11 by Zarutaku »»
May 2, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 232 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Aug 16, 2023

57 by OodleString »»
Apr 29, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 230 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Jul 26, 2023

51 by OodleString »»
Apr 29, 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.