Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 13, 1:11 AM
May 2019
Now I haven't watched any of season 3 yet and you want to know why? Because I'm waiting on the English dub. It's the over the top dub that makes Konosuba the funniest anime of all the time. Legendary. So go back to the first season and give the dub a chance. Humor lands a hell of alot better in comedy when it's spoken in your native language.
Yui_Suzumiya69Apr 13, 1:27 AM
Apr 13, 11:32 AM
Nov 2020
The show is hilarious as ever, If you enjoyed previous 2 seasons and the movie then you'll have a fun time once it gets dubbed. majority are enjoying the lastest season, Just look the score it's currently 8.55 which is the highest in spring 2024. This is very impressive since there are so many other high profile anime returning this season with sequels.
Apr 13, 11:41 AM

Jan 2013
It's over the top to begin with, you don't need a dub for that. There's always been people who complained about the humor, nothing new.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 14, 2:51 AM
Apr 2024
She hulk is funnier than this. Show is boring af like the other isekais yet people treat this like avengers infinity war.
Apr 14, 2:59 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to EastIndiaCompany
She hulk is funnier than this. Show is boring af like the other isekais yet people treat this like avengers infinity war.
@EastIndiaCompany you are the first and only she hulk fan I've ever seen.
Apr 14, 3:12 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to nishant0
@nishant0 I think she hulk is a bad show but it got more laughs at me than konosuba s3 is now
Apr 14, 7:14 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to nishant0
@nishant0 also the show looks so ungodly cheaply made. Animation feels worse than s1 and 2. How can something that a has a successful gacha, most mal members look so outdated.

How much longer can the anime community put this facade up where they treat this as avengers endgame.
Apr 14, 7:26 AM

Nov 2021
@nishant0 also the show looks so ungodly cheaply made. Animation feels worse than s1 and 2. How can something that a has a successful gacha, most mal members look so outdated.

How much longer can the anime community put this facade up where they treat this as avengers endgame.
@EastIndiaCompany I guess you’re watching it in 240p. It looks fine to me.
Apr 14, 7:28 AM
Mar 2021
EastIndiaCompany said:

you don't have to create a different account to talk about an anime you don't like 😒
Apr 14, 8:38 AM
Nov 2020

@EastIndiaCompany Instead of watching all anime from a single pirate site, try others instead of coming to MAL and blaming the animation studio, or just stop pirating anime altogether.
Apr 15, 5:05 AM
May 2019

@EastIndiaCompany The animation in this looks better than Jujitsu Kaisen to me.
Apr 17, 10:08 PM

Jul 2021
Nah, those complaints come from old people who aren't funny anymore lol, jk
Apr 18, 3:31 AM

Jan 2014
Tbh. While I'm not the biggest fan of the humor, but will admit, it does have it's moments. If s3 was as good as the Megumin spin off was, then I'll prob enjoy it more personally.
Apr 18, 9:21 AM

Mar 2020
this has to be the dumbest thread I ever had the misfortune to look at
Apr 18, 10:18 AM
Oct 2019
PLEASE DO NOT COOK AGAIN!!
Apr 18, 9:06 PM
May 2019
Reply to shiro-seishun
Nah, those complaints come from old people who aren't funny anymore lol, jk
@shiro-seishun Well I'm almost 42 and this is the funniest show I've ever seen 😆
Apr 20, 10:39 AM

Apr 2015
"Humor lands a hell of alot better in comedy when it's spoken in your native language."

I heavily disagree. Tried to rewatch Saiki Kusuo but in my native language, and most of the jokes didn't land at all. Even though Saiki was being dubbed by one of the best voice actors for anime in my country.
Apr 24, 7:47 AM

Jul 2017
First episode was terrible with the humor being way too loud, unfunny, obnoxious in a way that only the Axis cult stuff was like in the series so far, but the second episode was a lot better in comparison for me and I anticipate the rest of the season to be closer to that second episode. Dub doesn't really change that as I rewatched the sub version not too long ago to prepare for this season.
Apr 24, 9:53 AM
May 2019
Reply to animejas
First episode was terrible with the humor being way too loud, unfunny, obnoxious in a way that only the Axis cult stuff was like in the series so far, but the second episode was a lot better in comparison for me and I anticipate the rest of the season to be closer to that second episode. Dub doesn't really change that as I rewatched the sub version not too long ago to prepare for this season.
@animejas Well the dub goes live today so give the first episode one more chance just to see if jt hits differently at all.
Apr 24, 9:54 AM
May 2019
@EastIndiaCompany The best animation I've ever seen would probably be Shine Post. An idol anime licensed by Sentai Filmworks back in 2022.
Apr 29, 1:13 AM

Mar 2015
Season 2 was appalling to me but I feel like Season 3 got it's magic back. Iris adds an excellent balance to the humor and all the Kazuma otome boy scenes had me rollin.
Apr 29, 3:49 AM

Feb 2014
every jokes in this show always follow manzai format where one is boke/dumb and the other is tsukomi/straight .. very repetitive to the point they're not funny anymore.
also i miss the main goal in previous seasons (that is defeating demon lord & his minions) that this season lacks. now it just feels like directionless gag scenes compilation
May 5, 11:11 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to Raven_Wingz
Season 2 was appalling to me but I feel like Season 3 got it's magic back. Iris adds an excellent balance to the humor and all the Kazuma otome boy scenes had me rollin.
@Raven_Wingz oh wow I thought season 2 was really funny.
May 6, 6:41 AM
May 2019
Reply to Protoz
every jokes in this show always follow manzai format where one is boke/dumb and the other is tsukomi/straight .. very repetitive to the point they're not funny anymore.
also i miss the main goal in previous seasons (that is defeating demon lord & his minions) that this season lacks. now it just feels like directionless gag scenes compilation
@Protoz It gets backs to the plot. Please trust me on this one.
May 6, 2:29 PM
Feb 2022
Protoz said:

even season 1 and 2 and a couple episode where the demon king had nothing to do with the plot. until the first general arrived the first of season 1 only mentioned they wanted to defeat him at some point and thats it, it wasn’t connected to the plot or anything they were doing. even in season 2 the first few episodes are about kazumas trail which was mainly about him blowing up the rich mans mansion and darkness becoming slightly more than the horny woman and introducing yunyun. and those are just the first few episodes of the seasons we also have stuff like the succubus episode
May 7, 1:17 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to Protoz
@Protoz every season has been like that
May 15, 11:23 PM

May 2008
Agree with your move one month later. I've watched Konosuba Dub S1, S2, Movie, and JP. Love the JP casts synergy in the early editions but now that we officially hit EP 4 today of the Dub - I love the Dub so much more than the sub! That makes me kinda sad as the chemistry was once so good between the JP cast, but people are so diehard fan about it it's like a Trump Cultist. Just admit the truth. It's not as good as it was, the animation is basically copying a lot from the Movie, and the jokes just aren't landing. It's not going to live up to S1 or S2, but its still an enjoyable ride and I am so happy to see the Dub rolling out so quickly because I love Kazuma's VA so much, and Megumin OFC. I will say Darkness doesn't seem like Darkness as others have mentioned. She's just not the perverted Lalatina we all knew and loved, but actually trying to be a voice of reason so far. Sorry if that's a spoiler XD
May 16, 12:44 AM
Jul 2021
I might be an oddball here but as an LN reader I am quite dissappointed by the anime adaptation. In the LN, the entire heist was treated as this very time constraining and a serious thing where they got to showcase just how brutal and powerful Kazuma can be with his skillset. They also showed just how quick-witted both Kazuma and Chris can be and they're also very well coordinated. Of course there are bits of funny moments here and there but it is more towards cool action sprinkled in with a bit of comedy.

Where as in the anime, they made it seem more comedy sprinkled in with a bit of cool action scenes. They failed to capture how truly deadly the duo is and also the intensity of the moment. The anime also cut many scenes that should've added more to the feats of the dua. Rather than having those few scenes, the anime hit us a with a flashback in the beginning of the episode which was unnecessarily long. I think the fact that they try to make every scene feels "comedic" is a downer for me especially in this season of Konosuba. In the previous season, although there are many comedic scenes, they also have their fair share of downtime where the cast is a bit more chill and not just chaotic all the time. That downtime really adds to the depth of the characters showing that these are actual people who are in an actual party and not just there to as a tool for the sake of gags. The serious moments should be actually serious and the funny moments should be funny, not just trying to make everything into a comedy all the time. What makes Konosuba great compared to other comedy animes is the fact that the cast actually feels like how you'd feel when you're with your friends. We all can act dumb

together and make bad desicions but we also have our fair share of serious moments and times that showcase how well we can work together. The fact that this season of

Konosuba missed the most crucial part of what makes this show unique and one of it's kind really really upsets me.

Personally, that's what I find lacking in this season of Konosuba. As an LN reader, hopefully the director of the show would put more thought on adapting the essence of what makes Konosuba special.
May 16, 4:52 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to LostSpectre
It's over the top to begin with, you don't need a dub for that. There's always been people who complained about the humor, nothing new.
@LostSpectre

It's completely different humor in Season 3 -- slapstick, over the top, and not remotely funny. Plus the brilliant characters have just been turned into trash people.

Just like Drive destroyed what could have been a good anime with the 'Explosion' spin off, they've done a number on Konosuba as well. (The studio really should be shut down, as all they produce is garbage)

First two seasons and the film were comedy gold. Watched all 3 several times over, and laugh and laugh every time.

Season 3 -- six episodes in, haven't laughed once, and am now resorting to watching new episodes on double speed just to get through it.

If a Season 4 is greenlit, and Drive is at the helm, it will be an easy avoid for me.

May 16, 4:54 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to irondark30
@Raven_Wingz oh wow I thought season 2 was really funny.
@irondark30

Season 2 was just as funny as Season 1, and the film was even funnier.

The laughs just aren't there with Season 3 though, as the show is now a shadow of its former self.
May 16, 5:49 AM
Aug 2020
@EastIndiaCompany

The fact u said shehulk is funnier than Konosuba should an automatic your opinion in everything in this life is worthless and you should not open your mouth to speak about anything again
May 16, 3:02 PM

Oct 2019
at this point they're just taking the piss.

why in the living fuck would anyone make it 3 seasons deep into a comedy that they find unfunny?

Like listen, comedy is literally the most subjective aspect of media, it's not worth it. If it's not funny, just stop!!

It's not like there is a point to make about it, you didn't laugh, I did, that is all comedy boils down to. Also, I'm watching the dub too, I think comedy is WAY funnier when you actually hear the jokes. I don't think there is a single comedy anime that I prefer in sub.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 16, 3:28 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to WienGirl
@LostSpectre

It's completely different humor in Season 3 -- slapstick, over the top, and not remotely funny. Plus the brilliant characters have just been turned into trash people.

Just like Drive destroyed what could have been a good anime with the 'Explosion' spin off, they've done a number on Konosuba as well. (The studio really should be shut down, as all they produce is garbage)

First two seasons and the film were comedy gold. Watched all 3 several times over, and laugh and laugh every time.

Season 3 -- six episodes in, haven't laughed once, and am now resorting to watching new episodes on double speed just to get through it.

If a Season 4 is greenlit, and Drive is at the helm, it will be an easy avoid for me.

@WienGirl kind of surprised this old thread got dug up. But it looks like people are not satisfied and konosuba's slipping poll results reflect that.

It was pretty obvious that konosuba 3 was never going to live up to viral hit it was in 2016. And it is worse for those who rewatched the previous seasons since it got their expectations too high.

Konosuba mainly got viral because it was so unique for an isekai and we got introduced to the girls. But now we are familiar so it lost its novelty. It was obvious in bakuen and we managed to save it this time because of kazuma.

Konosuba had to add a layer of depth, conflict, and such towards the story or else it won't feel like an improvement.

So obvious to the day most of enthusiasm feels forced. It is still somewhat enjoyable but safe to say it won't win anime of the season.
May 16, 3:34 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to WienGirl
@LostSpectre

@WienGirl as for season 4, personally I don't think kadokawa wants to continue. The light novels ended years ago and they are way too far behind too even consider adapting them all. They have 10 more (around 7 from web novel) to adapt and no way do they have resources for it all. Light novels never get full adaptations and the anime often ends when the light novels end.

Bakuen and season 3 are part of the same committee. But bakuen flopped badly. Any financial trouble is basically a red light to prevent them from going forward.
May 16, 3:36 PM

Apr 2020
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
Now I haven't watched any of season 3

This is just me, but with an opening statement like this you probably shouldn't comment on anything that is or isn't happening with this Season of Konosuba.

It doesn't matter that you like the English dub, of previous seasons.
It's irrelevant for this topic.
May 16, 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to WienGirl
@LostSpectre

@WienGirl Is this an issue with the source material, if not, what is Drive doing that differently? I call bullshit that you haven't laughed once unless you're just looking to be miserable from the onset. Since you're such an exert on Konosuba's comedy, you wouldn't mind giving me several comparisons from older seasons and this, to highlight your supposed point, right?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 17, 12:40 AM
May 2019
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@WienGirl kind of surprised this old thread got dug up. But it looks like people are not satisfied and konosuba's slipping poll results reflect that.

It was pretty obvious that konosuba 3 was never going to live up to viral hit it was in 2016. And it is worse for those who rewatched the previous seasons since it got their expectations too high.

Konosuba mainly got viral because it was so unique for an isekai and we got introduced to the girls. But now we are familiar so it lost its novelty. It was obvious in bakuen and we managed to save it this time because of kazuma.

Konosuba had to add a layer of depth, conflict, and such towards the story or else it won't feel like an improvement.

So obvious to the day most of enthusiasm feels forced. It is still somewhat enjoyable but safe to say it won't win anime of the season.
@SpiderMiles3523 Hell no it won't win Anime of the Season, it will win Anime of the Year.
May 17, 12:41 AM
May 2019
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@WienGirl as for season 4, personally I don't think kadokawa wants to continue. The light novels ended years ago and they are way too far behind too even consider adapting them all. They have 10 more (around 7 from web novel) to adapt and no way do they have resources for it all. Light novels never get full adaptations and the anime often ends when the light novels end.

Bakuen and season 3 are part of the same committee. But bakuen flopped badly. Any financial trouble is basically a red light to prevent them from going forward.
@SpiderMiles3523 Nah, this show will go on for twice as long as One Piece (of shit). I guarantee it.
May 17, 12:42 AM
May 2019
Reply to Merve2Love
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
Now I haven't watched any of season 3

This is just me, but with an opening statement like this you probably shouldn't comment on anything that is or isn't happening with this Season of Konosuba.

It doesn't matter that you like the English dub, of previous seasons.
It's irrelevant for this topic.
@Merve2Love Well I'm 4 episodes deep and my opinion still stands. Anime of the Year.
May 17, 2:30 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to Yui_Suzumiya69
@Merve2Love Well I'm 4 episodes deep and my opinion still stands. Anime of the Year.
@Yui_Suzumiya69

Sooo....the opinion your formed, without knowing anything about the subject you were talking about, still stands regardless.
That's fine.

But....that wasn't the issue^^
May 18, 11:48 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Yui_Suzumiya69
@SpiderMiles3523 Nah, this show will go on for twice as long as One Piece (of shit). I guarantee it.
@Yui_Suzumiya69 they straight up skipped most of the action scenes. https://www.reddit.com/r/Konosuba/s/m5FtUSNGQq

It looks like this show is getting shafted for the overlord movie. Re zero season 3 I expect to be a disaster for animation if they have to stretch for 2 cours.
Yesterday, 12:32 PM
May 2024
Konosuba S1 and S2 were amazing. Prequel and S3 are lacking in humor and action. But, still few episodes are left. So, let's see what happens.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 15

168 by WienGirl »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zetjex - Mar 29

207 by YushaGledek97 »»
4 hours ago

» Darkness hasn't been as slutty this season.

Rally- - Yesterday

13 by Zimzky »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8

154 by Rasco »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1

122 by Rasco »»
Yesterday, 4:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.