Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 21, 5:40 AM

Sep 2020
To be honest I don't really want to watch the 100 episodes of Gundam SEED + Destiny before the theatrical release in April in France, but I would like to know if it's necessary (as I would like to watch this in a theater if I can)

So I may ask you if it's possible or if I will be completely lost from the beginning to the end if I go in a theater to watch this with any knowledge of the series ?
Mar 21, 5:52 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
To put it in perspective, Gundam SEED is Season 1, Gundam SEED Destiny is Season 2, and Gundam SEED Freedom is Season 3.

So I think you can imagine yourself if it's a good idea to watch an anime series straight from Season 3 without watching the previous seasons first :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 21, 6:07 AM

Jun 2016
It's a sequel that takes place right after the Destiny with all the same cast so some familiarity is required.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 21, 2:20 PM

Jul 2020
You would genuinely be rather confused by most of the story and characters as nothing is really re explained. If all you want out of it is cool action and music then sure but you really would be missing out on a lot.
Mar 21, 2:52 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to InfinityDude88
You would genuinely be rather confused by most of the story and characters as nothing is really re explained. If all you want out of it is cool action and music then sure but you really would be missing out on a lot.
@InfinityDude88 Thank you for your answer, I would have guessed it but I wanted to be sure
Mar 21, 2:55 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Theo1899
It's a sequel that takes place right after the Destiny with all the same cast so some familiarity is required.
@Theo1899 Ok thank you, I guess it will be useless to go watch it if I can't understand anything
Mar 22, 9:28 PM

Feb 2016
There are a compilation of the television series called "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Special Edition" and "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Special Edition".
while all episodes of these movies conbined is still quite a amount of anime(92~94 minutes x 7 episode),still shorter than watching 101 episodes of 25 minutes anime.
Mar 24, 5:07 PM

Mar 2021
In fact, I have already been to see this movie three times, but I think it would be foolhardy to see it without prior knowledge of the TV series.
There is no short explanation of the story at the beginning of the film, so this is not a film for first-time viewers.

However, I think it is a good idea to watch only the special edition as @thefrog1192 said, because it would be a hassle to watch the whole TV series. In fact, in Japan, some movie theaters showed the edition version before the FREEDOM movie as a way to review and prepare for the film.

Mar 25, 12:17 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to kihel
In fact, I have already been to see this movie three times, but I think it would be foolhardy to see it without prior knowledge of the TV series.
There is no short explanation of the story at the beginning of the film, so this is not a film for first-time viewers.

However, I think it is a good idea to watch only the special edition as @thefrog1192 said, because it would be a hassle to watch the whole TV series. In fact, in Japan, some movie theaters showed the edition version before the FREEDOM movie as a way to review and prepare for the film.

@kihel Thank you and @thefrog1192 for your answers 👍
Mar 29, 10:33 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Mensualite
@kihel Thank you and @thefrog1192 for your answers 👍
@Mensualite no problem

by the way there are a "short"(30 minutes) video about story of Gundam SEED and SEED DESTINY made by official Youtube account of GUNDAM franchise so watching this may help you

https://youtu.be/yOzhctn33-Y
https://youtu.be/Pr4BS-DI1Zc

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Freedom Episode 1 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Mar 23

25 by Raydnt »»
9 hours ago

» is this the end of the series? or is there going to be more

ss4chris - Jan 30

20 by JizzyHitler »»
May 8, 6:12 AM

» PV & Release Date

5hadow17 - Jul 2, 2023

24 by AddaeAkono »»
Mar 30, 7:20 PM

» full movie spoilers

deg - Jan 31

2 by kihel »»
Feb 20, 12:20 AM

» Takanori Nishikawa with t.komuro - FREEDOM and “Mobile Suit Gundam SEED FREEDOM” Collaboration MV

deg - Feb 9

0 by deg »»
Feb 9, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.