Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
Man, life really can be unpredicable in this show.

Nonetheless, it's interesting to see Elise's relationship with Julian in this show. Up to this point, the main focus has been Elise/Ron and her profession. Now, we get to see another character entering the anime with grace. Episode itself had a mix of drama but also joy too. Seems wherever Elise goes, she brings out the best of moods between her peers.
Feb 14, 5:23 AM

Dec 2021
Ah, romantic drama - I'm already loving Yulian.

Elise reunites with Yulian, her love rival, at Minchester's birthday celebration. Remembering Yulian's past cruel behavior, Elise decides to approach him with kindness. Their efforts pay off as the two reconcile. Just as Elise starts to feel relieved, Minchester makes a shocking announcement. Regarding Prince Linden's fiancée, there is one thing he didn't take into consideration when preparing for the announcement. And so, the announcement will be postponed until Elise comes of age, leaving Elise shocked.

That's like a move straight out of a pro gamer's playbook. Minchester's little pseudo announcement seemed designed to throw Elise off balance socially. You know, the old Elise was a real force to be reckoned with, so it must've been pretty strange for Yulian to see her suddenly bowing her head and apologizing, let alone actually becoming friends with people. I just hope Yulian doesn't start thinking that Elise was only being nice to rub it in that she knew about the announcement beforehand.

That birthday party was definitely something else.
IzanaSolosFeb 14, 4:00 PM

Feb 14, 7:12 AM

Mar 2021
felt bad for Elise being put on the spot like that during the Kings announcement but I know she can pass the exam and show them all how determined she is
Feb 14, 8:06 AM
Sep 2015
Unrelated to this episode but I just realized that the crown prince and his disguised version of himself as blonde noble are using two different voice actors! So that transforming drug not only change the appearance but also the voice as well, and that's beyond Elise's cutting edge medical knowledge.
Feb 14, 9:22 AM

Dec 2022
well things are becoming hectic though i think if she cured both the king and that woman and the prince that would be more than sufficient achievements
Feb 14, 9:42 AM

Oct 2010
After many years of living in modern world Elise yet to learn to say
"Go to hell, Old Fossil! It's my life and if you dare to push I will be the worst queen this kingdom ever got. If there will be a kingdom after that. And yeah, I am a doctor but I am not bound to use my knowledge to heal only."
Feb 14, 9:43 AM
Jan 2024
The translators are "inspired" again, to translate Himegimi to "my child".... jfc

this industry needs to be replaced by LLMs posthaste for real. incompetents all of em.
Feb 14, 9:53 AM
Oct 2019
very good episode, I want to see how she will be in relation to the king, his commissioner seems to be very annoying
Feb 14, 10:15 AM
Dec 2022
lmao what did they call her? Lady Child?
Feb 14, 11:08 AM

Nov 2013
Elise and Juliane together look like a nice duo, hopefully they can still be friends even after the news of her being the potential queen/empress

lol i thought that other woman that has parkinson was looking suspect, like she wanted to do something bad to them, but she is just sick, ok, hopefully Elise can help her later

was interesting to see the prince being angry everytime someone looked at Elise, and he even got to dance with her (interesting how in her past life she failed the dance and then practiced, but only now she gets to use her skills)

not sure what to think of the king, i didn't like him announcing Elise marriage thing, but at the same time, is it his fault or is it that annoying guy who is always with him that advised him to do it lol should i hate both of them or just the guy?
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 14, 11:12 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to xion03
The translators are "inspired" again, to translate Himegimi to "my child".... jfc

this industry needs to be replaced by LLMs posthaste for real. incompetents all of em.
@xion03 i mean instead of calling her "noble lady" or whatever himegimi means... calling her by "lady name", in this case "lady Childe" is perfectly acceptable... no?
i didn't see them saying my child, maybe different translator lol tho, in mal it says Childe, while in the subs it says Child, idk lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 14, 11:24 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to winddevil1
@xion03 i mean instead of calling her "noble lady" or whatever himegimi means... calling her by "lady name", in this case "lady Childe" is perfectly acceptable... no?
i didn't see them saying my child, maybe different translator lol tho, in mal it says Childe, while in the subs it says Child, idk lol
@winddevil1 Yes, calling here Lady Child would be fine. I'm honestly confused now, I just scrolled through the episode again on crunchyroll and can only see that translation now too. extremely confsued now 🤷‍♀️
Feb 14, 11:25 AM

Jan 2019
why doesn't such an obvious thing as a combination come to their minds? Having become empress, she could oversee the entire healthcare of the empire, rather than dealing only with local problems in one hospital.
Feb 14, 11:31 AM
Jan 2024
The episode is very good because Elise must make a decision and everything goes against her, apart from the fact that they made the exam more difficult on purpose.
Feb 14, 12:42 PM

May 2015
So annoying. All this talk about feeling for her as a daughter and not an ounce of respect to her true wishes. Would it hurt them badly to simply sit and wait till the exam? The sheer entitlement wrapped in so-called kindness is just the worst.
Feb 14, 1:02 PM

Feb 2019
I don’t get why the king is letting himself be bullied by an assistant like this. If you love and respect Elise as a daughter then let her pursue her dream. She’s already literally saved your life so she’s shown she’s capable.

At the same time, becoming empress doesn’t mean that Elise couldn’t still work in the medical field. She would be able to oversee the healthcare system of the entire nation and make it affordable and accessible to everyone as well as improving medical standards and practices.

Other than that, pretty cool episode. The party itself was fun. Lady child is hot, the dance between Elise and the prince was sweet and I liked seeing her continue to right her wrongs.
Marinate1016Feb 14, 1:09 PM
Feb 14, 1:50 PM

Sep 2007
King is an impatient jerk.
He basically said oh I won't break off the wager but why don't you.

I wish Elise would just go EAT MY DUST and run out but that'd be out of character LMAO
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 14, 2:55 PM
Apr 2020
StrikerLife said:
why doesn't such an obvious thing as a combination come to their minds? Having become empress, she could oversee the entire healthcare of the empire, rather than dealing only with local problems in one hospital.

Her mind is fixed that becoming fiance of crown prince arnold will lead to nothing but death i guess that's how bad her trauma is
Feb 14, 3:06 PM
Jan 2010
My curiosity after watching the first few episodes made me run to read the manga, and I liked it more than I was expecting

I found it very interesting how the anime plot was changed from the anime. I liked the manga version, but the anime adaptation has been good so far too
HeySayuFeb 14, 3:15 PM
Feb 14, 3:09 PM
Apr 2020
Feel bad for elise she already doesn't have much time to prepare for her exams and now this.....
I really hope they are just trying to give her a little push and once she passes they reveal she can be both the wife of crown prince and a doctor . Being the wife of crown prince does grant her more influence which means she doesn't need to restrain herself and cause a revolution in medicine for her country
Let's see
Feb 14, 3:11 PM
Feb 2024
i think this was good because the king announced it without her knowledge
Feb 14, 3:11 PM
Nov 2016
First post on this site, because I'm kinda disappointed with how they changed this ep compared to the manhwa (which may also be wrong, since the original is the web novel, that I did not read).
1. Elise is the one sick, because she worked too much, and her health is frail.
2.The one how asks her to a dance was the commandant whose strategy she broke when telling the king those things in the 2nd ep. (Particularly I think this brings such a nice complexity to the story, instead of bombing with 3 inconvenient guys)
3. The prince still saves her from the dance with the third party, then he realizes she is sick and bring her to that room, the duchess come in and talk a bit more, including that there was no problem with she being here, since they would be family soon, foreshadowing the announcement.
4. Michael talking to Julian makes me think they want to put them together as couple, which just mess up with the final for them, and I really like how they end originally.
YayaCWFeb 14, 3:55 PM
Feb 14, 3:50 PM
Jan 2013
Reply to Ikano
King is an impatient jerk.
He basically said oh I won't break off the wager but why don't you.

I wish Elise would just go EAT MY DUST and run out but that'd be out of character LMAO
@Ikano ya but she wont . her memory's off being killed and her family deaths
Feb 14, 4:27 PM
Apr 2023
I think I've been watching too much villainess-style anime, because when the old lady was tapping her foot, I thought she was evil and doing secret morse code foot signals, but she had Parkinson's 😭
Feb 14, 4:30 PM

Apr 2016
They are changing the plot of the manhwa a lot. shame...
Feb 14, 5:42 PM
Mar 2018
phantomfandom said:
Unrelated to this episode but I just realized that the crown prince and his disguised version of himself as blonde noble are using two different voice actors! So that transforming drug not only change the appearance but also the voice as well, and that's beyond Elise's cutting edge medical knowledge.

I wanted to ask about this!
Supposedly, Elise lived this life before, how come that she doesn’t know about this disguise!!?
Feb 14, 5:58 PM

Feb 2019
for someone who knows what she wants to do and continue doing, she seems very undecisive. and yeah, she is still underage now, but she should have the mind of a grown adult woman, so why can't she say out loud what she wanted to do and tell the king and his righthand man that she'll be surgeon or something renowned in the field of medicine rather than be the future empress?
Feb 14, 6:16 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm... I wonder if this "announcement" will actually distract her from the Exam cause she'll be thinking about it...

Feels like the King WANTS her to fail really bad huh... personally I would have leave the country and pursue Doctorhood somewhere else... fuck saving lives of this kingdom, LOL.

Not to mention... the King says

"I won't be making this announcement because she is not of age yet"

Then proceeds to literally say it's Elise... WTF... King's a fucking bastard for this. This King isn't trustworthy, he goes back on his words.

Elise shouldn't have saved this old farts life... Stupid Fucking Mistakes.

And not only that, but he called Elise's trying to be a doctor "TRASH" compared to being an "Empress"... BITCH, she literally saved your life... since no one could diagnose the King's illness...

Plus, there's a love-rival (sorta), Himegimi (hehe) likes the Prince like the old Elise like the Prince.

Should have made Julian the Prince's fiance instead. But nope, King doesn't even bother about what other people thinks and doesn't discuss this with anyone but his "advisor", he only thinks of what's good for HIMSELF.

Also, Julian's nice, I would take her as a waifu.

Supposedly, Elise lived this life before, how come that she doesn’t know about this disguise!!?

I believe it's cause Elise actually never saw him in that Disguise before, remember, old Elise rarely goes outside, she was a spoiled "brat" that stayed inside of the Castle and getting maids to do most things for her.

Whereas the Prince only changes into a Disguise when going out, he never puts on a Disguise when inside the castle.

You can literally see the "brat" in this episode's flashbacks, LOL.

___ ___ ___

This episode's King's fiasco is a bad taste to me...

Now I feel like dropping this series, unless the King or that Advisor dies in the next few episodes.

Actually next episode I am just gonna be skimming through the episode by 10 sec skips cause I am starting to lose interesting in this series due to the dumbfuckary politics.

I watched this series for the Isekai Doctor, not forcing to become an empress.
amlgFeb 14, 6:52 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 14, 8:19 PM

Jan 2008
What a major dick move by the king. Did he forget that he'd still be in the woods about his illness if it weren't for her? I hope she gets back at him somehow for this. That announcement destroyed the wholesome mended relationship between the two ladies as swiftly as it healed. What a waste. Also, I'm calling it now, but the younger prince/best friend guy will turn out to be an asshole/antagonist.
Feb 14, 8:30 PM
Aug 2011
fuck cliffhangers fr, also that attendant of the king. he sucks
Feb 14, 8:30 PM

Dec 2016
Elise was so weak in this episode, how can someone who lived in our world be so weak and pathetic.
Feb 14, 10:08 PM

Oct 2016
The protagonist is a bit too much of a Mary Sue yet lacks a spine when needed. Currently barely watching at x2 speed but will probably drop it if she gets strongarmed into marrying the prince
Humans only live for a hundred years, it is as unreal as a dream that ends in an instant. What is the point of a person living in this world? No more than just being on a journey, and witnessing interesting things. Although I do not want to die, I do not fear death. I am already on my right path, I have no regrets even if I die.

— Fang Yuan (Reverend Insanity)
Feb 14, 10:36 PM
Nov 2018
So the guy's bright idea last ep to not have the king break his promise was... use weaselly technicalities that still put Elise on the spot, and gently pressure her into breaking the bet. Fuck both these guys.

Anime-only, and kinda going off the Antoinette-alike from last season, but... is the king's knight/attendant/asshole a saboteur? From what she's said before, in her first timeline Elise became empress mostly against the advice of everyone around her, and somehow ran the country into the ground even though she was the royal consort? Why was only she pilloried and not the actual monarch? Linden wasn't her puppet king She may not have had the full picture of what was going on re: the game of thrones, but she had the impression that she had been unprepared and ill-suited to the role.

So what the fuck was this guy talking about, needing Elise's 'acumen' on the throne? Lineage, I can see, but her own family was against the idea of her becoming royalty! Wormtongue here has seen her ONCE since her reawakening and seems to dismiss this 'doctor' fixation as yet another young lady's whim. Even if he witnessed her fortelling of one military disaster, that could've been a fluke. For years, she has been a flighty, love-struck girl with no discernible aptitude for strategy/leadership/anything.
So... has he been bullshitting the king this entire time in order to get a brat on the throne and weaken the imperial family? Set things up for the rebellion to come?

Maybe I'm overthinking it, or misremembering things. But this occurred to me last week and this episode's done nothing to dispel the notion.

Despite Elise's misgivings (and trauma) this time around she probably would make a great mother to the empire, especially in terms of how to allocate resources to the medical field, developing new technology and best practices, and nurture future generations of doctors. Policy changes could save as many or more lives as a single doctor could. I'm just not sure this show's going to actually tackle the nuance of the situation like that. Who wants to watch actual statecraft and the slow building of a better world when there's *romance* and *political intrigue* amIright?
Feb 14, 11:46 PM
Nov 2018
@winddevil1 The king annoy me also. First betrays Elise by announcing her marriage to the prince. Turns around and say you can cancel it if you become a doctor, since the announcement wasn't formal. Then right when the episode was going to end he tells her "Why don't we forget the wager altogether and you marry my son." He was basically saying let me make your life difficult for you.
Feb 14, 11:56 PM
Nov 2018
hannibal_l said:
StrikerLife said:

Her mind is fixed that becoming fiance of crown prince arnold will lead to nothing but death i guess that's how bad her trauma is

Elise and Rishe both have traumatic experiences dealing with princes this season. I think here you mean Linden. Arnold is in a different anime. =)
Feb 14, 11:56 PM
Sep 2015
Was surprised to see the plot differ from the Manwha slightly, but it still delivered. I haven’t read the web novel so maybe this is the true route? In any case, it’ll be interesting to see where the variation leads…

Side note: Points for making Elise’s hair and dress look beautiful again this episode!
Feb 15, 2:58 AM
Nov 2020
StrikerLife said:

I wondered that too. Maybe they think her social obligations would be too much and that she couldn’t possibly do both.
Feb 15, 3:35 AM

Mar 2013
Now this is gorgeous.
She's a fun character to be friends with Elise but it was cut short... 😭

I definitely like her character design.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 15, 4:51 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This episode was kind of stupid

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 15, 6:54 AM

Jan 2014
Noble should act as flawless as possible, I hate this kind of pretence. Humdrum episode this week, mostly, other than the announcement and that potential patient old lady I don't see anything of importance.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 15, 9:56 AM
Mar 2021
Can't believe that she saves the Kings life and she still has to 'prove' herself.
Maybe healing the old duchess would give her a chance, as well as a powerful backer. But as far as I know, there isn't a cure for parkinsons disease :(

Julienne was a bit too quick to forgive Elise, but I guess that makes me like her more. I guess she'll go back to being a bitch now that the engagement has been semi-announced.

Alright I was wrong in Loop7, but this time the younger Prince is definitely the bad guy...
Feb 15, 7:21 PM
Apr 2020
Moppit said:
hannibal_l said:

Elise and Rishe both have traumatic experiences dealing with princes this season. I think here you mean Linden. Arnold is in a different anime. =)

Oh yeah thanks for correcting 🤣
The black hair got me confused with both
Feb 16, 1:25 AM
Oct 2019
Finally Lady Tan is here!!!
Voice by Megumi Han 😍

Damn Past Elise was such an asshole LMAO

Why would the King do that? Come on...
Feb 16, 2:45 AM
Aug 2017
Good episode but I wasn't a fan of the change they made aka instead of having Elise get sick, they had Julian be the sick woman. I get what they tried to do, to get them closer and all but honestly I wish they didn't take Elise getting sick as it tarnishing her strong image. Elise is a noble lady, she shouldn't be having so much stamina from the get go so her getting sick makes perfect sense + it still demonstrates how nobles need to put the king ahead of themselves through her. Also they got rid of the guy who kills elise's brother in her previous timeline in exchange for some annoying npcs. xD the king is still as much of a dick as always.
Feb 16, 9:14 PM

Jan 2022
Elise cosplayed as a neurologist today! I hate that green suit wearing ugly black fringe having skinny asshole. So the guy who was behind Lady Child was Elise's best friend? Or? What the king is saying doesn't make any sense. Retracting what he said is going to be difficult. Elise's family will be very upset tbh. Its crazy how well the brother knows the prince! I really liked seeing the prince get jealous lmao
This never updates so that's cool
Feb 17, 4:40 PM
Apr 2022
those boys just complimented elise's beauty and wanted a dance, but the handsome prince got in their way. i feel bad for those guys
Feb 17, 9:21 PM
Apr 2021
i just caught up!

as someone who reread the manhwa A LOT during the pandemic, i'm pretty disappointed in a lot of the changes made. elise's fever transferring to yulian, meeting mikhail WAY too early, and sir vant becoming the devil on the king's shoulder when he showed up like max 4 times in the manhwa. AND WHERE IS FRANCOIS???!!!!

but to be honest i actually really like everything else since i'm a elise stan 4 life. can't wait for more episodes 🫶 hopefully nothing else is changed bc the source material is actually super good :(
Feb 19, 4:18 AM

Mar 2008
I kind of get why the king made that announcement but he really comes off oddly weak willed or overly influenced.
Feb 19, 7:37 PM
Jan 2013
Reply to geptor
After many years of living in modern world Elise yet to learn to say
"Go to hell, Old Fossil! It's my life and if you dare to push I will be the worst queen this kingdom ever got. If there will be a kingdom after that. And yeah, I am a doctor but I am not bound to use my knowledge to heal only."
@geptor lol thats is so true
Feb 21, 11:50 AM
Jan 2018
why they changed to elise not being sick on the ep since she was the one badly sick that almost past entire party sat and sleep bc of it, i'll read bc they will probably change plot facts again and i was liking it till this ep
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

56 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Yesterday, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20

46 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Yesterday, 12:48 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

37 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6

36 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Yesterday, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28

34 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 6, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.