Forum Settings
Forums

Synopses should be edited once a series finishes--many only describe the first episode

New
Feb 8, 8:26 AM

Sep 2015
I've noticed that a lot of the Synopses on this website simply describe the plot of the first episode/chapter, but don't describe the series as a whole very accurately.
Feb 8, 8:36 AM

Jan 2014
There's MAL Rewrite, the plan is to rewrite the synopsis of everything.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 9, 2:26 AM

Apr 2023
Personally I think that's fine - after all, a pilot episode is usually designed around giving the viewer a general jist of what the show will be about while still leaving it open enough to keep the viewer interested in watching later episodes.

I actually prefer it - a completed plot synopsis feels like it would be far too easy to just spoil the whole show in like, a paragraph or two. At that point I may as just go read the show's Wikipedia article and get the whole story. Where's the fun if you know everything that's going to happen ahead of time?
Feb 9, 3:05 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
The synopses are designed to only cover core content from the first few episodes, this is to avoid spoiling the rest of the series.
Feb 14, 7:07 PM

Dec 2009
No, that's the whole point.
To get you hooked or curious from the synopsis, without little to no spoiling, for you to find out.

Sure, unfortunately, some writers (the creator) don't always present their story well,
but then that's for us to find out or have help from others.

More topics from this board

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

4 by traed »»
6 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

20 by Astachanna »»
6 hours ago

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - Today

1 by Astachanna »»
6 hours ago

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
Today, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.