Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 6, 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like this episode/show is making an attempt at developing a deeper relationship between Yumiella and Patrick.

A lot outdoor activity again and honestly, I just find it amusing how many deadpan faces we got out of Yumiella again. Nothing too groundbreaking this episode but I am amused by Yumiella/Patrick's character relationship so far.
Feb 6, 7:56 AM

Dec 2021
Patrick really just understands Yumeilla's feelings.

The day after the field exercise, as expected, Yumeilla was called to the headmaster's office for blowing the demon-summoning flute. During the outdoor training, Yumeilla's proximity to Patrick increased, leading to a deeper interaction as they paired up for swordsmanship lessons. A few days later, during the second outdoor exercise, amidst the diminished tension among the students, Yumeilla once again pulled out the demon-summoning flute.

Best Boy's already got our girl's back, and it's wonderful how he doesn't rush to judge her – a true reflection of the main character. It's touching to see how he goes the extra mile to make sure she doesn't feel alone, even if it means taking a few hits. Yumeilla shows real smarts by not assuming the Demon Lord is her only big threat, though the worry lingers: can her healing magic really grow back heads? Patrick's sweetness comes with a side of not letting her off too easy, keeping her down-to-earth.

There's something about Patrick that feels refreshingly human; he's both idealized and relatable.

Feb 6, 7:59 AM

Apr 2010
Yumelia trying her best the help others but it seems like not everyone understands her efforts.
It's nice that patrick is helping her out tho and it seems they are forming a nice bond.
Looks like she still has a long way to go tho before others know she is pretty harmless.
Feb 6, 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
Is Edwin stupid or stupid? He and his friends were fking super annoying.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 6, 9:00 AM
Sep 2021
Patrick has become a close friend to yumiiella & yumiella has also become comfortable around him. So yumiella after a long time made a genuine friend for the 1st time. Hope she enjoys her school life.
Feb 6, 9:11 AM

Mar 2013
Yumiella and Patrick's ship is sailing already and it's going hard... 😭

The heal is creepy as ever but 🤣

Ugh, I hated Patrick... when Yumi got left out.

but what's annoying here would be this prince who would use Yumi's bad rumors to set Alice and Yumi apart.
Just when Alice was trying to make up with Yumi, damn prince just needs to be there to stop the two's reconciliation. SMH.
It really annoys me when they put something untrue in Alice's head.
I won't blame Yumi if she were to go to the dark side because of the damn prince.
CrazyButNot4UFeb 6, 9:37 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 6, 9:12 AM
Sep 2015
Yumiella's mindset is that she's still playing a video game, so she can easily risk her life to maximized her level, not realizing that it's her only life (I assume?).
Feb 6, 9:28 AM

Feb 2011
I hope romance isnt a big factor in this anime... that would suck

Yumiella is awesome by herself. She dont need no mans.

Feb 6, 9:30 AM

Dec 2022
i was not that sure about an op character isekai with a main focus in romance but the romance aspect of the anime is quite sweet though i have watched unpopular girls romance many time but it still make my day (mainly because its the only anime i watch on tuesdays)
Feb 6, 9:51 AM

Nov 2014
Other than the Alicia and 3 guys being overly annoying, this anime was great so far. I so hope it doesn't go any further with Patrick side - romance is the last thing it needs.
Feb 6, 10:22 AM

Mar 2020
That was a really insightful episode. I don't understand why the fuck everyone here is so against the romance am I watching a vtuber or a voice actor lmao?! The romance is pretty well done and I hope it keeps going like this.
Feb 6, 10:47 AM
Feb 2018
the prince is just asking to be punished by his parents him pick a fight with Yumiella is a fast way to disownment as I'm betting if Yumiella told the principal, queen or some in the royal family faction she was thinking of leaving because of the prince or her parent i figure the king would come down on both like a nuke
Feb 6, 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
Yumiella and Patrick are such a power couple. I love them sm 😩

She’s gotta stop injuring him during these training exercises tho 🤣. At least she’s always good for a heal afterwards. But why did they censor the healing scene? What type of freaky stuff are those dark arms doing lol

“I promise I’ll never look down on you or dislike you because of your hair color” Aw, Patrick is so sweet. As someone who’s been bullied for his hair colour, he can really empathise with Yumiella and knows there’s way more to her than just her power and hair. It must be so nice for Yumiella to finally have someone who talks to her normally. Everyone else is either afraid or detests her.

And of course she repays him by sending him flying again during the training exercises 😂 she’s gotta start focusing more on those sparring matches so she doesn’t hurt people.

No surprise the teacher put Yumiella on healing duty for this lesson. Even though the magic flute was great for the students’ development, they weren’t mentally prepared for that.

Another censored healing scene.. wtf are those dark magic arms doing. Everyone looks flustered as hell when it happens

The prince is really starting to get on my nerves. Alicia is a big enough girl to ask her own questions and here goes this loser getting between she and Yumiella as if Alicia didn’t approach her first. Yumiella’s monologue during that scene was pretty sad. She must feel really alone. Can’t fit in at school, can’t fit in outside of school.. good thing Patrick stepped in and stood up for her! We’ve never seen her smile like that before. Can’t wait to see their relationship continue to develop
Marinate1016Feb 6, 11:24 AM
Feb 6, 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Power leveling best way to level confirmed.

The students seem way too sheltered responding the way they do to threats, but that last response to the injury or flute showed promise of developments.

Patrick seems like the only proper character so far, with all others being annoying as fuck. The light girl is showing improvement too.
Feb 6, 11:39 AM
Nov 2018
this anime is too good 🤣🤣🤣
started as 7/10 but after past 2 eps is a 10/10 for sure. Yumiella is amazing 🤣
Feb 6, 12:35 PM
Oct 2022
Another good episode, I just like this show. Its simple, to the point, and overall fun to watch. You can’t help but root for Yumilla no matter what she’s doing. It’s good to see her and Pat getting closer than before. After her visit to the principle I really thought when Alicia showed up they’d start training together but prince a$$ face had to step in and ruin that. Thankfully Pat stepped up big there. It was good to see our protagonist smile as well. The best thing about this show is it can go anyway it wants to.. meaning if they want a funny episode it can be funny. If they want a romantic episode no problem. As simple as this show is not many anime can turn on a dime like this one seems to be able to and I’m excited as we head into the 2nd half of the season.
Feb 6, 12:47 PM
Feb 2021
This anime is getting better with every episode.
Feb 6, 1:58 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Scootboi

@Scootboi the romance part will be only little relevant. it wont take from the comedy and what makes this how funny
Feb 6, 2:10 PM

Aug 2017
The less of Alicia, Edwin and his dumb noble friends the better. Patrick has officially saved this serie for me, he works great with the stoic Yumiella. My favourite episode so far simply because of the interactions between the two.
Feb 6, 2:10 PM

Nov 2023
Patrick is such a likeable guy. I'm glad that he and Yumiella are friends.

So far, this series is pretty good. The only issue I really have is Alicia and her entourage; they're consistently annoying, but I feel like Alicia will break away from those guys and hang with Yumiella later down the line.

Feb 6, 2:21 PM

Sep 2014
Seeing an MC who is not immediately popular by ep 5, who actually struggles with things and might feel bad about their situation is rare.

But Patrick is honestly such an annoying character. Maybe I just fear this story turning into shitty generic romance..

Edwin is still a massive shithead. Im sure Yumiella could just kill him without making it look like an accident and his parents would still kiss her feet for the sake of not making an enemy out of the strongest beeing in the world. I generally hate how he and his shithead friends lack any self awareness. Good thing there seems to be a first prince because I could not stand him becoming the king in the future.

Once again I wish Yumiella had some more spirit..

PS: I hope her class will overtake the other one in level ASAP to prove her point.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 6, 3:36 PM

Dec 2013
Patrick is as much of a gentleman as Edwin is a jerk, shame that Alicia seemed to want to get closer to Yumiella and Edwin had to ruin it. I like Yumiella and Patrick's relationship a lot.
Feb 6, 4:30 PM
Oct 2019
cool episode, I really want them to become a couple soon, but I don't think that will happen in the anime 😢, and Prince for the love of God, right, my God, what a boring guy
Feb 6, 5:01 PM

Feb 2019
her training method is a bit unorthodox, but at least [i]everyone[i] in her group is leveling up, unlike the ones in the second prince's group. but Patrick is championing her lol can't wait to see what happens next week
Feb 6, 5:04 PM
Apr 2019
Finally Patrick puts Edwin in his place. Seriously how delusional is Edwin, it drives me mad. At least Alicia apologized, she gets brownie points for that
Feb 6, 5:07 PM

Sep 2023
Who was the blond guy Yumiella was talking to at the beginning of the episode? I completely forgot about him 😅

Otherwise a pretty decent episode, where Yumiella and Patrick bonded over their hair color and stuff.
Feb 6, 5:22 PM

Nov 2009
Patrick is actually the best "route", glad he isn't part of OG-game's Alice route.

And I am pretty sure he already captured Yumi's heart, LOL.

Yumi is also very chill, even when it looks like she's annoyed or panicking, she maintains a poker face, LOL.

(only part she makes some expression is when she's interacting with Patrick)

Also, still loving the Chibi-Yumis, so cute.

And Patrick... "Don't you dare use your flute"

LOL, Dude got PTSD from it.

And Yumi's so bored, she's playing Jankenpon with her shadow... LOL

But Yumi still blow the flute,

LOOOL

Tho... Yumi got ostracized... but that's to be expected, since this Game world's people technically is against people with Dark Power. It was the sole reason why they wanted to kick her out of school in the beginning before the King intervened.

And yea, literally the only people that's good is the Magic Teacher (what her name?), Patrick and Eleanora, since it looks like they're the only ones that doesn't discriminate based on someone's hair color or element ability.
amlgFeb 6, 5:36 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 6, 5:44 PM
Oct 2022
CrazyButNot4U said:
Yumiella and Patrick's ship is sailing already and it's going hard... 😭

The heal is creepy as ever but 🤣

Ugh, I hated Patrick... when Yumi got left out.

but what's annoying here would be this prince who would use Yumi's bad rumors to set Alice and Yumi apart.
Just when Alice was trying to make up with Yumi, damn prince just needs to be there to stop the two's reconciliation. SMH.
It really annoys me when they put something untrue in Alice's head.
I won't blame Yumi if she were to go to the dark side because of the damn prince.

Ship has sailed 🗣️🔥🔥🔥🔥
Feb 6, 5:46 PM
Oct 2022
beigechan said:
Finally Patrick puts Edwin in his place. Seriously how delusional is Edwin, it drives me mad. At least Alicia apologized, she gets brownie points for that

That's how the story was supposed to go
Feb 6, 5:46 PM
Oct 2022
Scootboi said:

sub romance would be great
Feb 6, 5:48 PM

Sep 2007
Amg, Patrick x Yumiella moments are toooooo precious. Moreso when you keep remembering that Patrick seems so popular with the other kids he's actually going OUT OF HIS WAY to interact with Yumi.

(I mean...are we sure this is an Otome game and not the other way around with Patrick being the MC of/the dating sim and trying to woo Yumi? LMAO I'm joking of course)

Ugh, Gawd, Edwin is a total one-track-minded, overprotective jerk too. I mean....Alice too, she was just trying to apologize to Yumi why do ya gotta be all quiet when Edwin comes in outta nowhere and misunderstands and verbally attacks the person you're trying to apologize to? Have you no shame Alice?
Well whatever, screw her, this ain't her anime.
IkanoFeb 6, 5:53 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 6, 6:20 PM
Apr 2023
It's sad that in cases like this, it is the "world" itself which is the one creating the villains. People like the prince who are both too high of themselves don't even bother to understand other people and tend just dismiss rumors as facts will literally doom their world. No wonder why our world almost no longer have monarchies; imagine if people like him can easily rule countries 😆 (I know it is still the case for most countries but it would be troublesome if the people don't even have the choice)
Feb 6, 6:21 PM

Dec 2022
decent episode but needs more Eleanora
Feb 6, 7:07 PM
Apr 2019
Reply to Otaku-Max
beigechan said:

That's how the story was supposed to go
@Otaku-Max I know, I read the manga
Feb 6, 9:43 PM

Jul 2017
For using the Monster-Calling Flute, Yumiella gets an earful from headmaster Ronald, though she remains as monotone as she is. Though this was supposed to help the other students, it became a simp battle for Alicia between the princes. And Ronald, also wanting her to experiment with knight Captain Adolf's iron for armour, practically nothing fazes her.

Besides, the class trusts Patrick more, along with Yumiella as well as he gets a new conversation partner, he's just a spokesperson for everyone. Despite still not being able to control her strength, Patrick is genuine around her, other than the Demon Lord rumour still circulating around the academy with Edwin's dropping popularity and Yumiella still not being discounted because of her black hair. Still though, Patrick is as close as a friend that Yumiella could get, who doesn't despise her for her dark magic powers, that the game plot itself is quite vague about her advances.

The second field lesson, and Yumiella is downgraded to being just a supervisor for the students. And as much as the temptation to use the Flute is there, Patrick is there to stop her from using it also, much from her past practices to reach Lvl 99. Wanting another day to train them, and choosing between her own injury and calling monsters, they'd rather deal with latter. And with that, Patrick's magic leading everyone to assert their formations, they're strong together, and Yumiella feels like she's going back more to her former self when she first entered the Academy. Edwin, once again, relented on Yumiella, though the main difference this time is that Patrick stood for her. Even then, in front of Yumiella, he's pretty much a friend to all, especially to her.

Yumiella and Patrick would seriously make for one power couple, their ship MUST sail.
Feb 6, 10:06 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Scootboi

@Scootboi
Drop it already then.
Go fantasize about independent strong lesbian women somwhere else.
Feb 6, 11:17 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I actually watched this last night but I was so tired I fell asleep before I could write a post lol, but this was another great one, really enjoyed Patrick’s moment with Yumiella during the sword training. The man definitely rizzed up Yumiella whether he meant to or not, really liked seeing a blushing Yumiella too.

And I think after this episode they learned to not appoint Yumiella as a field medic lol, that bit was pretty funny. And even after she had one job she still ended up using the monster calling flute, she may have the students in mind when she does it but it’s definitely reckless. And we had another nice moment between Patrick and Yumiella at the end there, definitely liking where things are going between them.
Feb 7, 12:48 AM

Oct 2021
Lmao at the people complaining of romance. As soon as I saw what they set up Patrick as in relation to Yumiella, I guessed that people would say they dislike romance in this show. And I was right. I can guarantee you if there was a hint of anything between Yumiella and Alicia, these same people would be fawning over them and shipping them and hoping they become a couple. But suddenly it's a straight romance and y'all dislike it.

For how much Eleanora is showcased in the marketing, OP and especially the ED, you'd think she was the second main character. But she hasn't shown up at all after that introduction. I hope she appears more because she seems like a fun character.

Feb 7, 2:05 AM

Oct 2021
I love how Patrick is just this nice dude lol.
Feb 7, 2:08 AM

Dec 2018
Patrick is a cool guy, and I think Alicia can become a friend in the future; I look forward to it.
Feb 7, 2:11 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to Comander-07
Seeing an MC who is not immediately popular by ep 5, who actually struggles with things and might feel bad about their situation is rare.

But Patrick is honestly such an annoying character. Maybe I just fear this story turning into shitty generic romance..

Edwin is still a massive shithead. Im sure Yumiella could just kill him without making it look like an accident and his parents would still kiss her feet for the sake of not making an enemy out of the strongest beeing in the world. I generally hate how he and his shithead friends lack any self awareness. Good thing there seems to be a first prince because I could not stand him becoming the king in the future.

Once again I wish Yumiella had some more spirit..

PS: I hope her class will overtake the other one in level ASAP to prove her point.
@Comander-07 why is Patrick annoying? I thought he was badass and a good gentleman.
Feb 7, 2:15 AM
Feb 2021
great episode. I love that she starts to gain friends
Feb 7, 3:28 AM
Apr 2021
LMAO WHAT IS WITH YUMIELLA AND THAT DAMN MONSTER FLUTE BRO?😭🤣🤣😭 she loves that shit like it’s her phone or shit I love it she’s too funny man

I love how all the students immediately chose the Flute instead of being injured by Yumiella who lowkey would most likely kill them💀😭

Off topic but I cant get enough of the OP, and the ED is just so cute man I love it when they clap their hands together in the song
Feb 7, 6:32 AM

Jan 2019
two idiots, just fuck off and please each other, imagining how cool you are and how you will defeat Yumiella (fortunately, this will not become reality because of your fantasies)

Feb 7, 2:49 PM

May 2015
With how isolated Yumiella feels and is, it really makes sense how the original one turned out to be the final boss. I'm glad she has Patrick to hang out with now.
Feb 7, 4:33 PM
Nov 2017
very wholesome and tbh she is kinda reserved which is kinda funny
Feb 7, 5:09 PM

Feb 2011
Reply to Raizer007
@Scootboi
Drop it already then.
Go fantasize about independent strong lesbian women somwhere else.
@Raizer007

I never said she was a lesbian you dolt. It's just unnecessary for this show to be good.

I just want to see her demonstrate how powerful she is and flex on everyone

Feb 7, 10:23 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Scootboi
@Raizer007

I never said she was a lesbian you dolt. It's just unnecessary for this show to be good.

I just want to see her demonstrate how powerful she is and flex on everyone
@Scootboi
No need to worry. I don't think the stroy will derail from the points you mentioned to a total romance.
Feb 8, 2:17 PM

May 2015
The blush on the MC's face was adorable when Patrick was encouraging her.

It really annoys me how everytime Alicia tries to approach the MC to be friendly in any sort of way the prince without fail comes in and ruins it all.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 8, 10:49 PM

Nov 2021
man i decided to watch this on a whim and watched all the eps up till now this anime is hella funny
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26

89 by EvilJuju »»
May 5, 2:40 AM

» Pretty chilling anime

LostInLove - Apr 4

13 by LostInLove »»
Apr 24, 8:21 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13

55 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30

79 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 16

115 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 3:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.