Forum Settings
Forums

Demon slayer - Kimetsu no Yaiba - to the Hashira training movie

New
Feb 2, 7:49 AM

Jan 2021
The new demon slayer movie has been released in Japan but there is still no new entry in the database. The only entry we have is for the TV series, not the world tour movie. If we had a separate entry for the previous movie (to the swordsmith village), then it definitely makes sense to have an entry for this movie.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 24, 5:33 AM

Feb 2018
I agree with above as well.
Feb 24, 6:09 AM

Apr 2010
The Anime DB moderators consider that it's just a theater screening of a few TV episodes with zero original footage, and thus don't deem it worth its own entry. As an alternative, you can mark the first episode of next season as watched.

The "To the Swordsmith Village" entry was removed altogether, anyway.
Feb 24, 8:56 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Jhiday
The Anime DB moderators consider that it's just a theater screening of a few TV episodes with zero original footage, and thus don't deem it worth its own entry. As an alternative, you can mark the first episode of next season as watched.

@Jhiday Yeah I just noticed that they removed the SSV movie entry. This inconsistency is unprofessional.

Mar 21, 3:02 PM

Feb 2018
Reply to Jhiday

@Jhiday That doesn't make sense Recap Movies / episodes / specials have been added to MAL why in this specific case ?
Mar 22, 6:47 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Ephemeric_soul
@Jhiday That doesn't make sense Recap Movies / episodes / specials have been added to MAL why in this specific case ?
@Ephemeric_soul From what I can gather, it's not a recap - just two random episodes put together and given a theater release without any significant change whatsoever. MAL never tracks those independently of their main series.
Mar 22, 9:44 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to Jhiday
@Ephemeric_soul From what I can gather, it's not a recap - just two random episodes put together and given a theater release without any significant change whatsoever. MAL never tracks those independently of their main series.
Jhiday said:
just two random episodes put together and given a theater release

• It's the last episode from swordsmith village arc with a few cuts.
  • And entire movie after the intermission is new content "hashira training arc" set after the events of season 2 and most likely before the events of s3.

Why are we not counting it as "new content" when it is? How is this not worth tracking?
It's not as if we have another version of same content already!
Mar 22, 10:19 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Ephemeric_soul
Jhiday said:
just two random episodes put together and given a theater release

• It's the last episode from swordsmith village arc with a few cuts.
  • And entire movie after the intermission is new content "hashira training arc" set after the events of season 2 and most likely before the events of s3.

Why are we not counting it as "new content" when it is? How is this not worth tracking?
It's not as if we have another version of same content already!
@Ephemeric_soul
This is exactly what I mentioned. This isn't a special screening of the first episode that some anime get. It is marketed as a world tour with new content. Its marketed as a separate entry with different trailers and visuals. I can't understand why a worldwide anime theterical release with new content is being removed from MAL.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8697 by lynxik »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

686 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

» "Jantama" 5-shuunen Kinen Movie "Kawaranai Mono"

AM_the_Qou - Yesterday

0 by AM_the_Qou »»
Yesterday, 11:03 AM

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Apr 23, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.