Forum Settings
Forums

Over time score change for anime & manga?

New
Jan 8, 9:31 PM

Dec 2019
I was checking the archives of some animes' page on the website the other day and noticed that some, such as Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, went from having a rather high rating (this one was around 8.53), to a somewhat average one (it now sits at 7.83). A lot of entries clearly have had some rather important rating shifts throughout their history on the site, so I was wondering whether these shifts in rating could be shown in the "Stats" page for each anime and manga.

This would help get a better insight of whether older releases have only become more liked overtime or the opposite. Might also help get a rough idea of how certain events surrounding a certain anime or manga might affect its rating over time, such as Suzumiya Haruhi's no Yuuutsu having first been broadcasted in a different order than it is now normally found or perhaps certain controversies causing a shift in a certain anime's rating, just to give a few examples.

I don't imagine that the historical data for each rating has been kept, but each individual rating is there, so I can imagine that through filtering the average for each month of each year could be obtained and then shown in a graph. This could probably also be done with other stats to see the shifts in popularity and such.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Jan 9, 5:57 PM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
You should check them out.
Mal score progression
They only record recent seasonal shows (within airing time). Other then that, you have to use Internet archive for now.

Jan 9, 6:30 PM

Jun 2021
+1!

You could try any of these in the meantime:
Anime-Stats
MAL Score Progressions
MetaMAL (*I just realized that we can check other seasons by changing the year and season on this link: https://metamal.pro/seasonal/YEAR/SEASON)
Wayback Machine

Here's a similar thread: Score over time
I'm kinda lazy to repeat some of my posts... 😅 So you can check the discussion over there if you want.

More topics from this board

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

4 by traed »»
5 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

20 by Astachanna »»
6 hours ago

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - Today

1 by Astachanna »»
6 hours ago

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
Today, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.