Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2023 10:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Must be eerie walking through a town where the shops are open but complety empty of people. Nanami sure took a hell of a lotta damage in his fights. The stand of Nanami and his relaxed self sure was paired well with the music for that scene. Mahito really is the worst kind of villain. Intellgent and powerful but also a total wackjob. The fight between Yuji and him though was excellent though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2023 10:27 AM

Jun 2020
RIP NANAMI. Animators did a great job this episode still, although as a consumer I have to say that the start before the Nanami action was pretty lacking. The uses of Mahito’s technique are so creative.Story-wise, Im scared for next episode 🤞
Nov 23, 2023 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to FreshPinee
Mappa needs to give their Animators a break after this bro...

Went from peak animation every episode to now a slideshow, and it doesn't help that they still need to ghost and dim their slide show.

They should stop airing until all episodes are finished otherwise the season is going to end badly and people will only view the season as how it ended and focus on the negatives rather than the positives.

FreshPinee said:
They should stop airing until all episodes are finished otherwise the season is going to end badly and people will only view the season as how it ended and focus on the negatives rather than the positives.

This is the worst, there were some excellent moments and great previous episodes and they'll get buried under the characters' fingers that look like goddamn starfish. The animation/art/music was bad after Nanami, I just laughed at some slides. It's insulting what Mappa's doing to their creative teams.

Speaking of Nanami... I loved the way they presented his unfulfilled wish for Malaysia, the blue sky, his laid back suit, the music, you'll always be in our hearts Nanami, even after crying on the daily, we still have plenty tears left to shed for you. Goddammit.
Nov 23, 2023 10:28 AM

Oct 2009
Wish there was an option here to mark an episode skipped.
The piano was great.
Nov 23, 2023 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Mahito is so wonderfully hateable. Great antagonist, we’ll all miss u Nanami
Nov 23, 2023 10:29 AM
Apr 2021
The episode was amazing, but horrible animation. MAPPA need to give their animators enough time to complete the episodes! Feels like they just released the first draft.
Nov 23, 2023 10:31 AM
Apr 2021
From JJk stand point , animation not that great this ep but from typical animes stand point animation is basically the same and great.
Nov 23, 2023 10:35 AM

May 2021
Finally we are back to this artstyle after ep 16 and 17. Its a pretty good ep and I liked it way more than the previous.
Nov 23, 2023 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
Sukuna has laid waste to Shibuya, and Itadori...is reeling from the aftereffects of the aftermath.

Nanami has been in the lesser spotlight for awhile, and this is both his recluse and rejuvenating moment as he thinks about the beaches of Kuantan, Malaysia, wanting a rest, other than eliminating cursed spirits over and over again. Simply a tragic melody piece for Kento Nanami, only for him to meet Mahito to accurse his end, only for Itadori to continue from there. Rest in Peace, peak man.

That sets the precedent for Itadori's fight against Mahito, this being their 2nd time fighting against each other, a no holds barred fight. Yuji outwitting Mahito, even to the point of using transfigured humans, Mahito is just making the entrire Shibuya underground his playground, even to Jogo and the others, eventually running onto Nobara.

Round 2: Mahiro vs. Nobara, it's gonna be one hell of a fight.
Nov 23, 2023 10:40 AM
Apr 2021
Nanamin!!!!!!!!!!!!! 💔
Nov 23, 2023 10:43 AM
Oct 2016
Oh brother you can really tell Mappa animators are being stretched thin with this episode. Because wow did it look rough, other than the brief scene in the elevator things did not look pleasant. There's tons of bad looking shots and unfinished work. Its hard to rag on that too much since the animators themselves aren't being treated well or given proper time to make things look better. But wow did this episode spell out the beginning of the end. The big Yuji vs Mahito rematch and this is how it turned out so far isn't good. Tons of still shots or bad overlays or wonky moving shots or stiff movements, not the best for such a big moment and really shows how the animators are being worked too hard. The voice acting really carried this episode otherwise the whole thing would need to be scrapped. Nanami death was very impactful and showed how much he cared about Yuji passing the torch onto him. Its always sad seeing a mentor character die right in front to their pupil but its the fuel Yuji needs to snap out of his depressive state following Sukuna rampage. Mahito definitely brings out that rage and gets Yuji fired up. Splitting himself into two provides for greater search ability for Mahito and also lets us see him fight two people at the same time in different locations. Nobara will try her hand at Mahito and see how it goes.
Nov 23, 2023 10:44 AM

May 2023
Reply to FreshPinee

Went from peak animation every episode to now a slideshow, and it doesn't help that they still need to ghost and dim their slide show.

@FreshPinee there is no way in hell this was a slideshow. while this wasnt the same quality as the previous two episodes, this was still greatly done
Nov 23, 2023 10:45 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to Phantom_373
Mappa give your boys a break animating! This episode really showed cracks in the animation all over.
@Phantom_373 The delay is not due to Mappa, it is more due to Toho. You say there are cracks everywhere, but only the running animation seemed bad, other than that, I thought the animations were fine.
Nov 23, 2023 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
I got Blue Screen after opening. xp

Amazing that even if there is on music, there is still some noise in the background (like gray or brown noise, not sure which color. like subway from veeeery far away)

I like Yuuji a lot, although I think Sukuna has nicer fightinh style
Nov 23, 2023 10:50 AM
May 2021
That was beautiful how they did Nanamins final scene. Absolutely exceeded the manga. So much more emotion and pain. RIP Nanami. Our GOAT

But ik we’ve got one more dose of pain coming up…
Nov 23, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2015
Pretty good episode. Gosso boards awesome as usual and a bunch of new material too(that whole elevator scene including the Mahito smooch were anime original). Can't expect perfect quality every week, so I'm pretty satisfied if this is what we're getting until the season is over. Also RIP Nanami. Rest easy ex salary man

Nov 23, 2023 11:03 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Zimmu
Finally we are back to this artstyle after ep 16 and 17. Its a pretty good ep and I liked it way more than the previous.
@Zimmu Totally agree with you. The artstyle was quite detailed with some really cool shots. Massive improvement in artstyle over the previous episode....in my opinion.
Nov 23, 2023 11:05 AM

May 2020
rip namami man
fucking goat

Nov 23, 2023 11:11 AM
Senpai

May 2021
I can't enjoy it atm, the animators need a brake :/

“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 23, 2023 11:15 AM

May 2021
Reply to btech2009
@Zimmu Totally agree with you. The artstyle was quite detailed with some really cool shots. Massive improvement in artstyle over the previous episode....in my opinion.
@btech2009
haha thx man. Our preferences are indeed quite similar!
Nov 23, 2023 11:19 AM

Feb 2021
Rest in peace Nanami san.
I'm feeling very bad for Yuuji and worrying about Nobara.
Nov 23, 2023 11:24 AM

Mar 2010
When they make fights like previous episodes.. This one just will be forgotten lol but damn.. i don't want to think the worst at the end there.... :c

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 23, 2023 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
Gotta say this episode had a brutal moment. Nanami was having a vision of the afterlife or so since he is already on death's door. After Nanami took care of the transfigured humans or curses. Mahito shows up and Yuji shows up the moment Mahito was behind Nanami. Oh man. I was hoping Yuji should freaking run and get to business despite what happened. And I was angry at Yuji for not running and thinking about everything that has happened to him. But after all that has happened especially what Sukuna did. I am trying to understand that, and not be such a jerk on Yuji. At least Yuji could've maybe saved Nanami a little longer or be alive a little longer if he just not mope for too long after all that has happened. Then of course the event that was bound to happen thanks to the opening, Yuji vs Mahito. To think also Kugisaki would fight Mahito's clone. Mahito doing physical and psychological attacks is very crazy good. Yuji's mental state depending on the situation is a big opening for any enemy to exploit. I do not know how Yuji can overcome Mahito because Mahito is strong, and not easy to even take on alone.
Nov 23, 2023 11:29 AM
Jan 2012
I really liked it, I like the fluid art style from the previous weeks but I think I like the more detailed art this week more. That elevator scene was dope. , that Nanami scene def hit harder than in the manga, Nobara troll face lol. Great episode!
Nov 23, 2023 11:43 AM
Apr 2023
bro i hate mahito so much
Nov 23, 2023 11:46 AM
Aug 2021
NOT THE EXTENDED MALAYSIA SCENE I AM SO SAD
Nov 23, 2023 11:50 AM
May 2021
RIP nanami mann, so much man!! Man just wanted to experience life to the fullness 😭
Nov 23, 2023 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
Thank you Nanami for what you done. RIP 💔
Nov 23, 2023 11:58 AM
Mar 2023
FreshPinee said:

Yeaaahh. This was the first episode where I was flat out disappointed with the animation. It was pretty bad. I had to rewind a couple of moments in the fights because it was unfollowable. I’ve really been enjoying this season too, so I was disappointed.
Nov 23, 2023 12:00 PM

Oct 2018
Is it just me or the directing was kinda strange in this episode?
Well, Nanami was certainly one of the characters that existed.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Nov 23, 2023 12:01 PM
Feb 2022
Where was nobara the whole time and how and when did she meet mahito? Shouldnt she like wait with the rest?
Nov 23, 2023 12:05 PM
Feb 2023
feyyazu35 said:
@Phantom_373 The delay is not due to Mappa, it is more due to Toho. You say there are cracks everywhere, but only the running animation seemed bad, other than that, I thought the animations were fine.

The amount of cope in one comment from MAPPA defenders:

Like stop it, we know it’s because of CEO MAPPA…
Nov 23, 2023 12:05 PM

Nov 2013
Damn, didn't expect Nanami would die.
Nov 23, 2023 12:07 PM

Apr 2013
The only reason I find any of this enjoyable is because of Gege's writing which has nothing to do with MAPPA. The direction is iffy, the storyboards are either great or bad there's no inbetween, the ost isn't terrible but it feels like its used randomly at times, and we all know the animation and art is suffering too. I'm ready to be disappointed by how they handle the conclusion of Shibuya.

Can they (MAPPA & TOHO) move on and give JJK S3 to another studio? Culling game is doomed if this is the level we should expect.
KneelBeforeMeNov 23, 2023 12:16 PM
Nov 23, 2023 12:10 PM
Feb 2023
Now we begin the final fight of arc before the finale and that’s it. The arc was so great so far. Hardly anything to criticise but MAPPA is just wow, the meaning of the worst studio out there. The animators, artists, employees need some rest. If it gets delayed so be it, I want the final fight to look epic not average…

It’s annoying to see one of my most anticipated fights not get the treatment it deserves. Let’s hope MAPPA caves in and delay it. Or get ready to see the fall of MAPPA real soon.
Nov 23, 2023 12:11 PM

Dec 2012
It's sad to see more people latched on to the animation ( which is actually good considering how bad the conditions are) than what happened in this episode. Too many anime fans become hyper-critical about stuff they don't know shit about.
Nov 23, 2023 12:12 PM
Nov 2019
fire episode but frequent signs of bad animation. looks like a delay angle or we are getting jc staff 2 for this szn ending
Nov 23, 2023 12:16 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
RIP Nanami. Damn you Mahito for killing off one of my favorite characters. I hope Itadori beats that cursed spirit into a pulp, but apparently there are two of them and Nobara is fighting one of them.

It's Nobara's chance to shine now.
Nov 23, 2023 12:19 PM

Jul 2017
Of course it wasn't as crazy as the last two weeks in terms of adaptation,but man the nanami scene with that piano was incredible <3.

Jan 2021
RIP Nanami-san..
Roxy

Jul 2020
BigBossQb said:
It's sad to see more people latched on to the animation ( which is actually good considering how bad the conditions are) than what happened in this episode. Too many anime fans become hyper-critical about stuff they don't know shit about.

dude the animators went off on Twitter about how little time they had its clear they had to cut a shit ton to save time. they need at the very least a break and more days to finish this
Nov 23, 2023 12:21 PM
Apr 2022
I'm in depression mode. I knew this was coming, but the animators did such a good job contrasting his dream of Kuantan and his current situation that I just get depressed. I usually rewatch every episode, but this one Idk if I could
Nov 23, 2023 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
Itadori is still in there, although it looks like his enemy has prepared psychosocial counter measures. Mayhaps to even draw out Sukuna further my making MC lose his humanity further. Another epic eps
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 23, 2023 12:23 PM
Apr 2018
Sukuna gone to deep sleep. Itadori is strong but experience wise he is not a threat to Mahito.

RIP Nanami! 😐

What is Nobara doing there! She can't run from him. Fighting him till someone come for her rescue is the only chance. Hopefully Itadori returns.

Mahito : She must be close to Itadori, so let's kill her and present him her corpse.

Doutei-kunNov 23, 2023 12:31 PM
Nov 23, 2023 12:38 PM
Sep 2023
cried, sobbed...
Nov 23, 2023 12:40 PM
Feb 2012
I thought it was solid
Nov 23, 2023 12:46 PM
Nov 2015
Less consistent animation, recycled animations, and still frames in this episode. Noticeable dip in quality from the last two episodes. Hard to follow the fight at some points due to a lack of animation that shows movement to various positions (lots of "teleporting" to different places that didn't lend to any purposeful effect) — this was most obvious to me during the elevator scene.
Nov 23, 2023 12:49 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
Watched the ep and I think the chapters got the animation they deserve. It's on the average S1 quality imo and that's not bad, with some shots which looked really good. Respect to the animators for doing this under those circumstances.
I am fine if the last 5 eps have the same quality, would be enough for them imo
死だけが確実
Nov 23, 2023 12:56 PM
Dec 2018
Wtf are you all on about, the animation had some frozen frames, but it was great when it really mattered (Especially the Nanami part was gorgeous). Imo one of the best episodes overall, was really happy to hear the old ost coming back. I just hope the staff is doing okay.
Nov 23, 2023 12:59 PM

Nov 2021
I'm not emotionally ready for what's next
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone recap this season and everything after it plse (and season 1 and the film)

boredxoxo - Apr 13

1 by Zimmu »»
Today, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 30, 2023

393 by frequency15k »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

535 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:12 PM

» Jujutsu Kaisen is officially the world’s most popular TV show, surpassed One Piece and Attack on Titan, according to Guinness World Records

DrkSeid69 - Apr 4

44 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

610 by Fiorno »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.