Sep 12, 2023 6:56 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007

Make Your Team

Sun Oct 1, 22:00 GMT
and receive a profile badge

Can you predict the #AOTS?

Fantasy Anime League (FAL) is like Fantasy Sports with an anime twist. Players form their own "team" of anime from the Fall 2023 season, which collect points according to criteria like: # of users watching, # of users discussing, etc. You don't even need to watch the anime you've chosen!

Compete against your friends and other community members to see who has the best prediction power (or luck!) to come out on top.
  • Top 3 will receive MAL hoodies!
  • Top 10 will receive 1 year free MAL Supporter
  • Top 11-50 will receive 3 months free MAL Supporter
  • Top 51-100 will receive 1 month free MAL Supporter

Get weekly reminders before swaps and aces are due by joining:
  • MAL Discord - After following the #how-to-verify instructions, go to #bot-spam (under Miscellaneous), type /asar join and then choose FAL.
  • FAL Club - Click "Join Club" under the image.

Changes since Summer 2023
  • Four blacklisted titles and pick 2 of 4 this season.
  • Episode discussions now only count one reply per topic for each unique member, instead of total replies.
    • If further manipulation is seen to sway points for Aces, then action will be taken against those members and/or we will need to adjust the rules again in the following season.
    • Playing fairly means posting in episode discussions as you normally would, not with the intent of swaying points.
    • Time spent on combating manipulation takes time away from fun changes we could be making instead <(`^´)>
  • Ace threshold remains at 80K (in-line with Spring 2023).
    • After investigating the Ace threshold from Spring 2023, we found that increasing the member limit to 85K, 90K, or even 100K wouldn't really have helped.
    • To allow more series to cross the threshold later in the season (e.g. Week 8 or 10), we decided to keep it at 80K this time.
  • I wanted to increase the number of swaps by 1, but it's difficult with the seasons running simultaneously. Maybe next time~

Please spread the word of FAL and get your friends to join!
If the game continues to grow, we can devote more resources to making it better and better.

Badge Collector Schedule: Sep/Oct 2023
Don't miss your chance to collect each of these badges!
KinetaSep 15, 2023 2:36 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 15, 2023 5:32 AM

Nov 2022
So many good shows coming up, it's gonna be a hard one 😵
Sep 15, 2023 5:51 AM
Jul 2023
i am obviously going to win, dont waste your time guys
Sep 15, 2023 7:45 AM
Dec 2020
obviously I'm going to lose, don't waste your time guys
Sep 15, 2023 8:17 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
It is the time for the end season uu
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 15, 2023 1:02 PM
Apr 2017
I would like to participate, but I don't really understand how it works. My English isn't very good and I didn't find a place with easy instructions.
I mean, I understand the concept of the game but I don't understand how to participate properly.

:/
Sep 15, 2023 3:38 PM

Dec 2021
Good luck, my friends! :>❤️
Sep 15, 2023 4:14 PM

Oct 2013
Fall Season in anime is close. I've just created my team. Good luck to everyone!
Sep 15, 2023 5:23 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to RaposaCaramelo
I would like to participate, but I don't really understand how it works. My English isn't very good and I didn't find a place with easy instructions.
I mean, I understand the concept of the game but I don't understand how to participate properly.

@RaposaCaramelo I can explain to you in Portuguese, if you want. Dm me ;)
Sep 15, 2023 5:24 PM
Sep 2018
Let's goooo (:
Sep 15, 2023 7:19 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Didn't really participate in Summer's FAL because I was so busy. I went a made a team anyway though.
Sep 15, 2023 11:29 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
It's that time of the season...

:P Now I know what to do with Aces this time.
Sep 15, 2023 11:35 PM

Mar 2019
First fantasy league I participate in, honestly I just want the profile badge hihi.╰(⸝⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝⸝)╯
Sep 16, 2023 1:26 AM
Feb 2023
This time ain't gonna make any mistakes.
Sep 16, 2023 1:28 AM
Feb 2023
@Kineta
Can u plz tell if MAL is going to promote
"Paradox Live" anime this season, so that I can keep it in my team?🌝
Sep 16, 2023 9:23 AM

Jul 2014
The restricted anime are simple enough to select, sequels don't usually do that well in FAL
but besides Frieren: Beyond Journey's End & The Apothecary Diaries i have no idea what to pick. I have read a few chapters from both and they are pretty good but i stopped to watch the anime.

I expect Frieren will be highly popular and have a good rating, plus it is made by Madhouse. The Apothecary Diaries will start in the 4th week so it may be wiser to choose Dr. stone. I expect The Apothecary Diaries to have high rating but middle popularity.
MagwitchOoSep 30, 2023 12:35 PM
Sep 16, 2023 9:34 AM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
Ok Bet
Sep 17, 2023 1:36 AM
Oct 2019
YES, I forgot to sign up for the current Summer one.
This time i will join for sure.
Sep 18, 2023 7:48 AM
Apr 2017
>You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >75,000 users watching+completed.

Can we have this line from FAL Club mentioned in the Rules page. The Rules and MyTeam pages on this is really open-ended and easy to miss, inconsistent even. It needs rewording. I can't explain it without typing a wall of text again how "Correct Ace" and "Ace Eligibility" contexts should be properly detached. Just as a cue, I had copy pasted the texts on Ace rules on chatgpt4 and asked it few questions around certain edge cases, and it answered with same doubts I have. Chatgpt4 is not going to know MAL things correctly obviously but as a language model it can absolutely understand English words accurately and form case flow charts internally. If chatgpt calls the wordings vague, my beliefs are only reinforced.

Not that it matters to me anymore, I already know the correct rules now and this season is already a bust for me, being seriously participating for the first time. It would help newcomers however.
Sep 18, 2023 8:41 AM
Apr 2017
Reply to MagwitchOo
The restricted anime are simple enough to select, sequels don't usually do that well in FAL
but besides Frieren: Beyond Journey's End & The Apothecary Diaries i have no idea what to pick. I have read a few chapters from both and they are pretty good but i stopped to watch the anime.

I expect Frieren will be highly popular and have a good rating, plus it is made by Madhouse. The Apothecary Diaries will start in the 4th week so it may be wiser to choose Dr. stone. I expect The Apothecary Diaries to have high rating but middle popularity.
@MagwitchOo Is this propaganda or something lol. Have only participated seriously this time but I see top rankers all have Masamune and Bungou which are sequels. Bungou while have few watchers, it keep getting swapped in from bench for certain weeks when anime scores get considered. If I consider anime leaderboards, for a near perfect 8 title lineup, the top 8 titles are 4 new, 3 sequels, 1 Remake this season. Granted the top two are new and judging from that Apothecary and Frieren should potentially stay top this season and the choice this time should be easy. But other new titles have not been as lucky as Bungou, Masamune and Rental GF of all titles lol. Dr. Stone could be the Bungou of this season with dedicated watchers rating it high, Tokyo Revengers will probably get negatively affect for score weeks; or might not with TR fans claiming this will be best arc. I'm of the opinion repeats don't hit top but they generate decent points due to people setting the titles to Watching for ep1-3 and then doesn't put it on hold or dropped.
Sep 18, 2023 10:03 AM

Feb 2022
Go Team
Sep 18, 2023 10:05 AM

Nov 2021
Interesting
Sep 18, 2023 10:11 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to GokuDLuffy45
@Kineta
Can u plz tell if MAL is going to promote
"Paradox Live" anime this season, so that I can keep it in my team?🌝
@GokuDLuffy45 ???
Sep 18, 2023 10:42 AM
Aug 2019
Reply to gTank
obviously I'm going to lose, don't waste your time guys
@gTank its not about winning or losing its still fun regardless
Sep 18, 2023 12:46 PM
Jan 2020
Here we go again
Sep 18, 2023 9:18 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Reply to tokomata
>You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >75,000 users watching+completed.

Can we have this line from FAL Club mentioned in the Rules page. The Rules and MyTeam pages on this is really open-ended and easy to miss, inconsistent even. It needs rewording. I can't explain it without typing a wall of text again how "Correct Ace" and "Ace Eligibility" contexts should be properly detached. Just as a cue, I had copy pasted the texts on Ace rules on chatgpt4 and asked it few questions around certain edge cases, and it answered with same doubts I have. Chatgpt4 is not going to know MAL things correctly obviously but as a language model it can absolutely understand English words accurately and form case flow charts internally. If chatgpt calls the wordings vague, my beliefs are only reinforced.

Not that it matters to me anymore, I already know the correct rules now and this season is already a bust for me, being seriously participating for the first time. It would help newcomers however.
@GokuDLuffy45 They pretty much already did by adding the badge icon in the front page and pinning the anime to the top of the Seasonal Anime page. It was pinned last week I think (not anymore).

tokomata said:

Can we have this line from FAL Club mentioned in the Rules page.

I second this. The rules in the FAL club are easier to comprehend than the general rules that most people see.
Sep 18, 2023 9:33 PM
Jul 2016
I have a habit of predicting anime adaptations of various manga and light novels on my interest stacks, based on the sources' sales numbers and awards.

Luckily, a lot of those predicted manga are getting anime adaptations this fall. (Not all are necessarily on my team) Including:

• Shangri-La Frontier
  • Undead Unluck
  • Sousou no Frieren
  • Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou.
  • Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo
  • Kusuriya no Hitorigoto
  • Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen

This is my first time doing this, so I'm banking on the fans of source material watching the anime adaptation. Also I read a lot of the source material, so it might be my own personal bias for what makes popular anime. And it depends on if the anime delivers on the adaptation.

Basically, I'm praying for fans of the WataOshi manga/light novels, and for depraved anime fans who love lesbians + isekai. (Like me <3)

Also, I absolutely think that the Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo anime is going to make bank. Who doesn't love the thicc eyebrow boy and his PG-13 orgies. He's an absolute Chad.

And obviously Frieren and The Apothecary Diaries are gonna be huge. Absolutely loved the source material.
Sep 19, 2023 4:08 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to MagwitchOo

@MagwitchOo Its not sequels don't do well in FAL. Its just Sequels don't top the chart. Still one can find atleast one sequel in Top 5 every season.

Do you think sequel shows like Dr. Stone will lose their position from Top 5?
Sep 19, 2023 4:10 AM
Feb 2020
I wonder which show will be the topper of the chart this season.

Securing the topper in FAL usually is enough to put someone in Top 1000s.
Sep 20, 2023 7:26 AM
The King of Dino

Sep 2019
Almost forgot to sign up. Probably need to do some research before this season

Sep 20, 2023 8:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Reply to Kays90
@MagwitchOo Its not sequels don't do well in FAL. Its just Sequels don't top the chart. Still one can find atleast one sequel in Top 5 every season.

Do you think sequel shows like Dr. Stone will lose their position from Top 5?
@Kays90
Kays90 said:
Do you think shows like Dr. Stone will lose their position from Top 5?
i consider it to reach second rank and tkr third
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

Sep 20, 2023 11:43 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to badabass
@Kays90
Kays90 said:
Do you think shows like Dr. Stone will lose their position from Top 5?
i consider it to reach second rank and tkr third
@badabass I am expecting the same. It will be exciting to see which new show(s) beat(s) Dr. Stone in terms of ranking & score.

First rank anime have almost 1.5-2× score than the second & third ranking shows.
Sep 21, 2023 7:45 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Reply to Kays90
@badabass I am expecting the same. It will be exciting to see which new show(s) beat(s) Dr. Stone in terms of ranking & score.

First rank anime have almost 1.5-2× score than the second & third ranking shows.
@Kays90 the only potential to beat Dr. Stone beside frieren ofc is possibly apothecary diaries. I see some praise from that

Sep 21, 2023 9:08 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to badabass
@Kays90 the only potential to beat Dr. Stone beside frieren ofc is possibly apothecary diaries. I see some praise from that
@badabass I hope so as I have also kept that show in my team.

But I have seen anime of popular manga series not doing well (both as per MAL records) in FAL. So, 🤞
Sep 24, 2023 2:03 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Frieren easily bout to be AOTS and of the year.
Sep 24, 2023 3:16 PM

Oct 2016
My predictions are horrible, and I don't see I have any chance of winning. Still, I tried and let's see if I can even make it to top something!
Sep 24, 2023 4:41 PM

Aug 2022
Way to go Chaps!
Sep 24, 2023 4:54 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to RaposaCaramelo

@RaposaCaramelo same😭
Sep 24, 2023 4:54 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to RaposaCaramelo

@RaposaCaramelo same😭
Sep 24, 2023 4:56 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to beecorrea
@RaposaCaramelo I can explain to you in Portuguese, if you want. Dm me ;)
@beecorrea explan for me too😭
Sep 24, 2023 5:37 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to Kolex06
@beecorrea explan for me too😭
@Kolex06 dm me and I can explain u too
Sep 24, 2023 6:11 PM
Sep 2017
Spy x Family Season 2
i thik
Sep 24, 2023 6:13 PM
Sep 2017
Reply to Kranil
Spy x Family Season 2
i thik
@Kranil and Dr. Stone: New World Part 2
no 2
Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season
no 3
Sep 24, 2023 7:56 PM

Mar 2023
3rd time attempting to win this year and I already know 1 billion% that I will not win
My Candys!

Sep 24, 2023 8:24 PM

Feb 2018
uhh this is gon b interested, since many good animes aired this year
Sep 24, 2023 10:48 PM
Feb 2021
One piece, no further questions
Sep 24, 2023 10:50 PM
Oct 2020
So many good shows coming up, it's gonna be a hard one 😵
One piece
Sep 24, 2023 11:10 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I will try to won!!! kekeke
Sep 25, 2023 12:16 AM
Apr 2023
SPY X FAMILY S2
Sep 25, 2023 1:07 AM
Jun 2019
its kagura baching time fellas
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

211 by niladribarua »»
4 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.