Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2023 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
The matter is settled with Pas and Licorice's safety ensured, and Armire's fall from grace would give Pas a good learning lesson from Casserole. All that's left to deal with is the mage, which Pas decides to deal with Strudel all on his own, because he'd already plan before hand, though that comes with a question if his land of sweets will be able to be realized.

The month after with Squale and Petra's arranged marriage engagement, and everything goes well, though Pas has some questions regarding the entire fallen Armire affair, which it looks like he's attempting to throw Kadlecek off his shoes, which he did cheekishly. Kadlecek has no choice but to admit defeat to Pas as the one behind the plan, though Pas really never considered who will he be set upon in the future. And Hubarek suggests Licorice to him, though Pas respectfully declines, he is trapped of his own karma to be wed to Licorice through a half-threatening affair. To be honest, getting wed to Licorice is like making from a small to a giant wedding cake, and Pas ABSOLUTELY deserved Licorice and Squale as his future bride and brother-in-law respectively.

The handmade cookies that Licorice made has an aroma and looks good, but the taste is salty, but he can't say that to her face.

Pas, you've done it. More than a pastry, you've done a marriage first. Now, when will the land of sweets come?
KANLen09Aug 16, 2023 1:31 PM
Aug 7, 2023 11:25 AM

Mar 2021
Nice to see the bad guys get caught and Congratulations to our boy Pas on his engagement him and Lady Licorice make a cute couple
Aug 7, 2023 12:04 PM
Sep 2015
Only in fiction where you can find a happy arranged marriage.
Aug 7, 2023 12:08 PM
Jan 2022
Our man finally got engaged
Aug 7, 2023 12:08 PM

Apr 2022
So Pas married into a rich family, now he'll have all resources he needs to make sweets, and all future episodes will actually be about making them, right?... right?
Aug 7, 2023 12:16 PM
Jan 2022
I was waiting for his 10 minute lecture on the importance of balancing flavours and oversalting. kinda disappointed
Aug 7, 2023 2:26 PM
Jul 2016
I love how Pastry successfully extorts money out of Duke Kadlecek, only to immediately get caught up in an engagement. Pastry can be so crafty, but he by no means perfect everytime.
Aug 7, 2023 4:06 PM
Dec 2022
It's so sweet that Pas got engaged to Licorice, even though it was a bit forced! Pastry and Licorice, that's a sweet combination lol
Aug 7, 2023 4:51 PM

Mar 2023
Maybe the real sweets was the friends we made along the way.
Aug 7, 2023 6:46 PM
Sep 2021
Pas with his genius mind saved the day and for that in return he gets Licorice as his new life partner but since they are still children they have to wait a little longer to get engaged.
Aug 7, 2023 7:44 PM
May 2017
Pastry and Licorice should cook their relationship in the kitchen.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 7, 2023 7:48 PM
May 2017
tarfeef101 said:
I was waiting for his 10 minute lecture on the importance of balancing flavours and oversalting...

No... she is the one for him. The reincarnated pâtissier vowed to protect her smile.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 7, 2023 7:52 PM

Feb 2019
i knew that sudden engagement was gonna come from a mile away. it was kinda annoying how the father strong-armed the engagement, and pas is...well, although he is a child, he has the mind and soul of a full grown adult, and yet he wasn't smart enough to dodge that bullet. i guess that was karma biting him back for what he did to the duke.
Aug 7, 2023 8:05 PM
May 2023
Sometimes I really enjoy stuff like a low stakes Isekai where I know nothing is going to go wrong. Still a little disappointed with the lack of cooking in the show but I still feel like the show is kind of sweet.
Aug 7, 2023 9:42 PM

Mar 2013
Genius to general politics but also quite dense from romantic politics' perspective (or whatever you call it).

Our shrewd and cunning Pastry, got the better of him in one turn. lmao
Even Kadlecek was laughing hard while Pastry is digging himself in a pit. 🤣🤣🤣 (RIP)
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 7, 2023 10:22 PM
Apr 2023
Big developments in this episode.
I am happy this is not a harem isekai and he also got a partner for his confectionery pursuits. Such a perfect outcome.

Also, Pas really is a sweet talker. No duke or margrave might be able to escape his negotiation skills and he is still just a kid.
Aug 8, 2023 7:30 AM
Apr 2023
I'm so happy that Lord Casserole approved of Lord Pastry's union with Lady Licorice. Thank God that Strudel was stopped!
Aug 8, 2023 8:22 AM
Aug 2023
perpect plot twist in my life
Aug 8, 2023 3:07 PM

Jun 2016
MC: "I don't let you escape!"
Enemy: "I'll escape!"

*MC awaits while doing useless thoughs to himself*
*Enemy flees*

MC: "sumimasen..."

Me watching this crap: -_-
Aug 8, 2023 5:34 PM

Oct 2022
He's secured money and now has significantly more resources through marriage now... he should get to cooking for the rest of the season
Aug 9, 2023 6:46 PM

Jun 2015
MC total gentleman in his biscuit review. I was kinda hoping him and liquorice would become an item after past events anyway. Main bad guy even admitted his defeat and evil plotting. But as they say all's fair in love and war. This episode was so moe I almost got a nose bleed. Could of ended the series here for me so I'm expecting wilder things to come while we hunt down the ideal world of pastry
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 10, 2023 7:01 AM

Apr 2017
I love that Pastry and Licorice are engaged now, they're so cute together! i wanted her to be happy too like her sister and now she got Pastry as her man!
Aug 10, 2023 7:05 AM

Apr 2017
tekkenshu7 said:
I am happy this is not a harem isekai and he also got a partner for his confectionery pursuits. Such a perfect outcome.

Also, Pas really is a sweet talker. No duke or margrave might be able to escape his negotiation skills and he is still just a kid.
he's a kid in their eyes, don't forget he still has his previous life memories, that includes experience in the art of conversation, he's only good at talking cuz they keep underestimating him cuz he's a kid, when he grows up it's gonna level out and he's gonna be a normal person in terms of intellect.
Aug 14, 2023 5:30 PM
Jun 2022
Very very very good
Aug 16, 2023 2:12 PM

Mar 2023
Was quite enjoying the episode all the way up until the last 7 minutes when they forced him into an engagement (still a good episode though.), I know it was mostly played for laughs but wasn't even funny and was painful (for me at least) to watch. I was worried this show would fall off in a way to another white haired child reincarnate anime released this year which lost it's way 3-4 episodes in. This show has been fun while it lasted but I feel like it is going to go even further away from the Sweets concept..

Was bad enough that this anime about a pastry chef who wants an entire land of sweets, doesn't even have him cooking baked goods very often, but now they even threw in a random marriage that barely had an episode and a half, of the two characters even interacting enough in a way to make any sense, plus it's so heavily one sided in a way that demeans the main character and his feelings, he just outplayed the other dude with the moustache he could of easily weaseled his way out of the marriage proposal if the writers wrote it that way but instead they wanted to give him such a bland love interest. This trope has been used so much recently and in almost all of the lower rated isekai anime over the last 4 years that the trope's gotten quite stale. If he ends up getting a Harem before the season ends i'm dropping it instantly.

((TLDR; Fantasy, Gourmet, Isekai, Reincarnation)) < There was no Romance tag when I went to start this anime which is why i'm mostly disappointed with the 2nd plot derailment, when will the show's title or MC's Land of Sweets take priority. 
ShadelurkerAug 16, 2023 7:23 PM
Aug 21, 2023 7:35 PM
Feb 2018
I don't understand why the marquis was so pushy about engaging Pas to Licorice. Pas is intelligent, talented and has a kind temperament but he also the son of a knight true a landed knight that far below the marquis in terms of social class and monetary might which is a large factor in arranged marriages
Aug 24, 2023 6:51 AM
Jul 2015
I lol so hard when the twist happens best ep. yet.
Sep 28, 2023 6:56 AM
Aug 2023
I too was immensely enjoying Pas' detective work, and black mailing...however that forced engagement to Licorice was quite unsettling to say the least. I find Licorice very boring, totally unremarkable, and flat...no, not her chest, her character is very flat. I don't think the show has put any development into her at all except that she was rude not to give Pas a second thought when they first met. In fact, I think Licorice's rude attendant has had more characterization than Licorice to date; it's fine when Licorice is just some side character, and plot device, but it's terrible if she's going to be a more central love interest character, which just happened. I seriously think with how undeveloped Licorice is, that even her attendant would fill the love interest role better because they could play off of that awkwardness between her and Pas, whereas there's really nothing between Pas and Licorice. Case in point, that cookie gift scene with Licorice was totally flat, the over-saltiness of the cookies wasn't even funny. It wasn't even terrible, it was just something that was happening that was unremarkable.

My biggest worry is the anime is going to nosedive if the storylines revolves around Licorice and Pas going forward, unless it's all about Pas trying to get out of the engagement, which could be funny. The reason I feel so strongly about this is because I can foresee Licorice being a dead weight tied around Pas's neck for the rest of the series. I don't think Pas is going to be able to be so salvage like he just was in blackmailing the duke, nor how he handled the head kidnapper; Licorice is going to be there just hindering Pas now because now she a more central character that's got to be involved in the scene now. They're going to need to do a lot of work on Licorice otherwise, or sideline her big time like Pas' two kid retainer friends.

IDK, I hope I'm wrong, otherwise I'm not going to be enjoying the rest of the episodes as I've been loving all the ones up to this point.
Dec 1, 2023 12:01 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Well Petra engaged to that creep kid is made this anime drop to 6 for me
Dec 7, 2023 1:37 AM

Sep 2012
Kadlecek was laughing when Licorice's father proposed hes daughters marriage to him (i was laughing to) lol
Sugram22Dec 7, 2023 1:49 AM
Dec 7, 2023 1:40 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Paladin23
I don't understand why the marquis was so pushy about engaging Pas to Licorice. Pas is intelligent, talented and has a kind temperament but he also the son of a knight true a landed knight that far below the marquis in terms of social class and monetary might which is a large factor in arranged marriages
@Paladin23 i guess he liked the boy bravery and then hes daughter probably talked so much about him that it was clear to him it has to be lord pastry, in old days to father 1thing mattered if u can defend hes daughter

Dec 7, 2023 1:45 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Kirito_online
tekkenshu7 said:

he's a kid in their eyes, don't forget he still has his previous life memories, that includes experience in the art of conversation, he's only good at talking cuz they keep underestimating him cuz he's a kid, when he grows up it's gonna level out and he's gonna be a normal person in terms of intellect.
@Kirito_online not that it matters cause its fiction but also having memories of previous life doesn't mean ur adult in kids body, biology sets limits to, kids body including brain isn't capable of adult maturity, it needs time to develop, so he only has knowledge and memories but adulthood doesn't come with that
Dec 7, 2023 5:33 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Sugram22
@Kirito_online not that it matters cause its fiction but also having memories of previous life doesn't mean ur adult in kids body, biology sets limits to, kids body including brain isn't capable of adult maturity, it needs time to develop, so he only has knowledge and memories but adulthood doesn't come with that
@Sugram22 if the anime didn't set that limit then we can't draw biology into the equation, if the author decided that his experience and memories are enough to shape his personality and actions then it's no longer up for debate.
Dec 7, 2023 5:38 AM
Feb 2018
Reply to Sugram22
@Paladin23 i guess he liked the boy bravery and then hes daughter probably talked so much about him that it was clear to him it has to be lord pastry, in old days to father 1thing mattered if u can defend hes daughter

@Sugram22 that make sense plus i think he was blocking that countess from getting her claws on him
Dec 7, 2023 6:21 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Kirito_online
@Sugram22 if the anime didn't set that limit then we can't draw biology into the equation, if the author decided that his experience and memories are enough to shape his personality and actions then it's no longer up for debate.
@Kirito_online well to me he just looks like smart kid, he acts like one trough and trough

author doesn't half to come out and say that hes still kid, also he doesn't need to do it in the series, he doesn't half to treat us like kids cause we half to have enough common sense and think about it ourselves, usually ppl get mad when author treats consumers like kids but seem u actually want it
Dec 7, 2023 10:36 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Sugram22
@Kirito_online well to me he just looks like smart kid, he acts like one trough and trough

author doesn't half to come out and say that hes still kid, also he doesn't need to do it in the series, he doesn't half to treat us like kids cause we half to have enough common sense and think about it ourselves, usually ppl get mad when author treats consumers like kids but seem u actually want it
@Sugram22 the author makes the rules, anime doesn't have to make sense, the anime/manga/ln will decide its own common sense, and we go from there, it's not about kid treatment, it's about what the author decided, and it doesn't necessarily have to always please us, that's called pandering and that is petty to me, the author created the characters and the story we don't have a say in the direction process and the insight on why characters are the way that they are or anything in-between, we can criticize it, but that's it.
Dec 7, 2023 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to Kirito_online
@Sugram22 the author makes the rules, anime doesn't have to make sense, the anime/manga/ln will decide its own common sense, and we go from there, it's not about kid treatment, it's about what the author decided, and it doesn't necessarily have to always please us, that's called pandering and that is petty to me, the author created the characters and the story we don't have a say in the direction process and the insight on why characters are the way that they are or anything in-between, we can criticize it, but that's it.
@Kirito_online yea but author doesn't say hes adult in kids body but also he doesn't say hes just kid with past life memories (he doesn't confirm either option), so its up to us to use common sense, and common sense says biology sets limits, so ur body (that incudes brain) needs time to dev to be capable of that lvl of maturity to be considered a adult, in short common sense says hes a kid, not confirming is neutrals stance when he levee this for ppl using common sense
Sugram22Dec 7, 2023 11:55 PM
Dec 8, 2023 2:31 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Sugram22
@Kirito_online yea but author doesn't say hes adult in kids body but also he doesn't say hes just kid with past life memories (he doesn't confirm either option), so its up to us to use common sense, and common sense says biology sets limits, so ur body (that incudes brain) needs time to dev to be capable of that lvl of maturity to be considered a adult, in short common sense says hes a kid, not confirming is neutrals stance when he levee this for ppl using common sense
@Sugram22 most of the time, when anime leaves important information without explaining it, it's mostly because the author didn't focus on those issues and most likely was trivial in terms of importance, so in conclusion, it doesn't really matter, he's a child with the smarts of a grown person, period.
Mar 12, 8:43 PM

Jun 2022
Man , Nice Way To Score A Bride Kid . So Long!
Jun 20, 10:22 PM

Nov 2019
Pas is engaged to Licorice after saving her from the hired bad guys. Now he and Squale are brothers in law. Squale’s grandfather got his payback. Episode still felt a bit weak with minimal friction but was entertaining.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Sep 11, 2023

73 by karl_17 »»
Aug 27, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2023

20 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 21, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 10 Discussion

zetjex - Aug 28, 2023

25 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2023

27 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 21, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 8 Discussion

PeterSav - Aug 14, 2023

18 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 20, 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.