Forum Settings
Forums

Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki Announces Marriage

New
Jul 25, 2023 7:56 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Voice actress and singer Minako Kotobuki announced her marriage to a man outside of the industry on Monday.

"Although it is a private matter, I would like to inform you that I have registered my marriage with a non-celebrity man whom I have been dating for some time," Kotobuki wrote on her blog. "Until now, I have congratulated the Sphere members and the people around me, but when it comes to my own announcement, I feel a little embarrassed... But I wanted to share this news with everyone who has supported me in my own words, so I wrote this blog."

Kotobuki made her voice acting debut as Chie in the Yumedamaya Kidan television special in 2007. She landed her first major role as Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-On! in 2009.

Kotobuki is also well known for voicing Asuka Tanaka in Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium), Touko Nanami in Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Bloom Into You), Natsu Takasaki in Baby Steps, and Mitsuko Kongou in the Toaru series.

She is also a member of the musical unit Sphere with fellow voice actresses Haruka Tomatsu, Ayahi Takagaki, and Aki Toyosaki.

Minako Kotobuki official site: https://www.kotobukiminako.com/
Minako Kotobuki agency profile: https://musicrayn.com/kotobuki_minako

Source: Oricon News

Jul 26, 2023 1:01 AM

Mar 2021
Congratulations 
Jul 26, 2023 1:59 AM

May 2021
Didn't know that Mal was also a gossip website . 🤡

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jul 26, 2023 3:57 AM

Feb 2021
I am so glad for he! Wish them all the best!!

Yubisoft said:

What do you mean gossip? It is an OFFICIAL NEWS. You should better congratulate them instead of writing this nonsence.
Jul 26, 2023 4:11 AM

May 2021
Memore said:

Yubisoft said:

What do you mean gossip? It is an OFFICIAL NEWS. You should better congratulate them instead of writing this nonsence.

Marriage announcements are now OFiCiaL NEwS? .... lol ok. And congratulate them for what, wasting their time writing gossip articles instead using this time to fix problems on their website? And congratulating the couple for what reason should I do that here on MAL? Do you think the voice actors use mal? Are you ok? If I have hurt your feelings so much to the point that you are attacking me for critizing them then I suggest ignoring me in the future like a normal person.....
YubisoftJul 26, 2023 4:16 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jul 26, 2023 4:20 AM

Sep 2009
Yubisoft said:
Memore said:

Marriage announcements are now OFiCiaL NEwS? .... lol ok. And congratulate them for what, wasting their time writing gossip articles instead using this time to fix problems on their website? And congratulating the couple for what reason should I do that here on MAL? Do you think the voice actors use mal? Are you ok? If I have hurt your feelings so much to the point that you are attacking me for critizing them then I suggest ignoring me in the future like a normal person.....
wow. you are coming across as sad, pathetic and jealous. Can you not be happy for her and congratulate her? 

Also Mal has been doing this for over a decade. Is this your first time seeing this? do you actually ever use MAL? Or did you create your account to troll? 
Jul 26, 2023 4:36 AM

Jan 2015
Congratulations for the marriage, Minako Kotobuki. I liked your performance in Hibike Euphonium, Yagate Kimi ni Naru, and K-On.

May love and happiness will always be present in your journey of building your new life together.

• reminder to do something today that will make your life better •
• true failure is when you stop trying •

Jul 26, 2023 4:44 AM
Nov 2019

You sound like she is gonna read ur message  :) :D

Jul 26, 2023 6:07 AM

Feb 2021
Yubisoft said:
Memore said:

First, such news are normal on MAL. It is industry and voice actors ARE WHAT COMPOSE IT too, so it would be strange not to let us know about the characters they voiced.

Second, thank you, I am perfectly good. You wrote nonsence, that is why I corected you, nothing more.
komic said:
Yubisoft said:

wow. you are coming across as sad, pathetic and jealous. Can you not be happy for her and congratulate her? 

Also Mal has been doing this for over a decade. Is this your first time seeing this? do you actually ever use MAL? Or did you create your account to troll? 

I think that he is troll, yes.
Xavion said:
Congratulations for the marriage, Minako Kotobuki. I liked your performance in Hibike Euphonium, Yagate Kimi ni Naru, and K-On.

May love and happiness will always be present in your journey of building your new life together.

I wish her the same!!
Jul 26, 2023 6:24 AM

Apr 2012
komic said:
Yubisoft said:

What one doesn't seem to know is that in Japan announcing marriage is a very important social act for a working woman, as it could mean leaving the industry or laying off work. Especially if they are going to have a baby soon. Not to mention that official marriage news is not a rumor by definition.

Touko got married lol. To my surprise, despite the cultural impact of this anime, this role of hers turned out to be less well-known than Asuka.
RobertBobertJul 26, 2023 6:28 AM
Jul 26, 2023 11:09 AM
Jan 2017
Congratulations, Mina! Have fun!
Jul 26, 2023 3:04 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Not surprised that a couple of idiots are acting like posting news of a VA’s marriage is some sort of cardinal sin. How pathetic.
Jul 26, 2023 10:31 PM

Feb 2021
RobertBobert said:
komic said:

What one doesn't seem to know is that in Japan announcing marriage is a very important social act for a working woman, as it could mean leaving the industry or laying off work. Especially if they are going to have a baby soon. Not to mention that official marriage news is not a rumor by definition.

Touko got married lol. To my surprise, despite the cultural impact of this anime, this role of hers turned out to be less well-known than Asuka.

You are right. Some of them leave the industry. And surely it is not a rumor.
LeonhartAugust said:
Not surprised that a couple of idiots are acting like posting news of a VA’s marriage is some sort of cardinal sin. How pathetic.

Sadly. I also don't understand these people.
Jul 28, 2023 4:46 AM
Jun 2022
Finally, Mugi-chan (K-On) have found her destiny...
Have a happy wedding...
Aug 5, 2023 7:30 AM

Oct 2017
Yoo it's Mugi chan.

More topics from this board

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

1 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
1 hour ago

» 'Fumetsu no Anata e' Gets Third Anime Season

Vindstot - Mar 12, 2023

20 by Klazzama »»
2 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

38 by Playcool »»
5 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago

» New 'Keroro Gunsou' Anime Project Announced

DatRandomDude - Mar 31

12 by Foirelle »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.