New
Jun 27, 2023 11:31 AM
Jan 2009
what the trailer advertised: a boy learns kung fu from a bear
what the movie was: brooding idiot teen something something magic space whale

how did people stand this shit
Jun 27, 2023 11:40 AM

Apr 2019
I hated this movie too when I was in high school. I never understood why people liked it. maybe I should rewatch it now that I'm older.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Jun 27, 2023 11:41 AM
May 2016
Sonny Boy 4
CSM 8
Ok

You should watch Fairy Tail, that would be a 10 for you.
Jun 27, 2023 11:42 AM
Apr 2020
Cause we actually like a story not just some bull crap action movie with no depth
Jun 27, 2023 11:53 AM
Feb 2021
Well if you can’t even read don’t watch movies with a good and deep plot
Jun 27, 2023 12:13 PM
Jan 2009
ktg said:
Sonny Boy 4
CSM 8
Ok

sonny boy sucked too. dry, stupid series and the epitome of a show for fart sniffers. sorry, hth. its major contribution to the world was its themesong and little else. there are innumerable other High Brau series that do Smart Stuff (tm) while also managing to be entertaining, coherent, and having likable characters.

Haydorwaldor said:
Cause we actually like a story not just some bull crap action movie with no depth
TheRealRouges said:

there is literally no depth to this movie lmfao what are you people even talking about
Jun 27, 2023 12:29 PM
May 2016
Nyron said:
ktg said:
Sonny Boy 4
CSM 8
Ok

sonny boy sucked too. dry, stupid series and the epitome of a show for fart sniffers. sorry, hth. its major contribution to the world was its themesong and little else. there are innumerable other High Brau series that do Smart Stuff (tm) while also managing to be entertaining, coherent, and having likable characters.

Haydorwaldor said:
TheRealRouges said:

there is literally no depth to this movie lmfao what are you people even talking about

I agree, that's why I said that.
I agree Sonny Boy is not for idiots, because they won't find it entertaining and will rate it a 4. While it is objectively better than CSM.
Jun 27, 2023 1:44 PM
May 2023
I really loved this movie and I don't care hate me for it. This is the only anime movie with action and it deserves credit for that at least. L take.
Jun 27, 2023 1:49 PM
Jan 2008
I don’t agree with your conclusion but I can respect the reasoning. Solid favorites too.
Jun 27, 2023 2:15 PM
Sep 2019
I really like most of Mamoru Hosada's movies, but I definitely felt like I wasted my time with this one, and the summer wars.
Jun 27, 2023 2:53 PM
Mar 2016
bro doesn't understand themes in media
Jun 27, 2023 3:00 PM
Jan 2009
Nyamaste said:
I really like most of Mamoru Hosada's movies, but I definitely felt like I wasted my time with this one, and the summer wars.
summer wars is his only good movie
well technically, digimon is, since it's the same thing
Jun 27, 2023 4:21 PM
Oct 2020
Snowflake_S said:
I really loved this movie and I don't care hate me for it. This is the only anime movie with action and it deserves credit for that at least. L take.

Agree with you. I find it rlly good
Jun 27, 2023 4:52 PM
Jan 2009
Jonhesy said:
Snowflake_S said:

Jonhesy said:
Snowflake_S said:

genuinely consider watching some other anime movies
here are some reccs

nausicaa
Little Witch Academia (OVA)
Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade
read or die
ride your wave
lu over the wall
promare
redline
millennium actress
castle in the sky
porco rosso
tekkonkinkreet
gunbuster and then diebuster

i think you'd like most of these based on the other movies you've seen
Jun 27, 2023 4:54 PM
Jan 2009
Snowflake_S said:
i'm confused, did you say that this is "the only anime movie with action?"
Jun 27, 2023 6:16 PM
Feb 2017
It was absolutely mid
Jun 27, 2023 7:56 PM
Nov 2017
Storywise, the only part i enjoy is when he first discover human world.
The animation not really appealing for the most part, while soundtrack not touching enough for drama movie.
Voice acting, just about good, nobody really stand out and carry the film.
I think its a solid 5/10 in my book.
Jun 27, 2023 11:46 PM
Apr 2021
Nyron said:
what the trailer advertised: a boy learns kung fu from a bear
what the movie was: brooding idiot teen something something magic space whale

how did people stand this shit

that movie was ok ok for me as well not so good not so bad it felt like they mixed different fantasy ideas together without diluting it everything seems different
Jun 28, 2023 1:09 AM
May 2023
Nyron said:
Snowflake_S said:

What I really meant was that the only movie that isn't from an anime series and has action.
Jun 28, 2023 1:29 AM
Jan 2009
Snowflake_S said:
Nyron said:

What I really meant was that the only movie that isn't from an anime series and has action.
here man, let me recommend you some good anime action movies/OVAs lmao

Sword of the Stranger
Redline
Read or Die
Summer Wars
Afro Samurai
Promare
Dead Leaves
Akira
Patlabor 1/2/3
Tekkonkinkreet
MFKZ
Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Legend of Hei
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish unironically lmao

But yeah i guess a lot of the conventional action anime films are spinoffs of existing properties
Jun 28, 2023 1:37 AM
May 2023
Nyron said:
Snowflake_S said:

here man, let me recommend you some good anime action movies/OVAs lmao

Sword of the Stranger
Redline
Read or Die
Summer Wars
Afro Samurai
Promare
Dead Leaves
Akira
Patlabor 1/2/3
Tekkonkinkreet
MFKZ
Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Legend of Hei
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish unironically lmao

But yeah i guess a lot of the conventional action anime films are spinoffs of existing properties

Thanks for the recommendation, I actually did watch Princess Mononoke, it did have action but I kind of forgot. They did try putting good action in The Boy And The Beast, I don't love the movie too much but it isn't bad after all.
Jun 28, 2023 12:24 PM
Nov 2021
you really are immature and have no clue what youre talking about, judging from your way of writing and what you write. I personally didnt like this movie and didnt find it to be extraordinarily good either, mainly due to the ending and where it took place, but it for sure wasnt shit. Still a solid 6 or 7 been some time since I watched it so maybe it is actually better than I remember it.
Jun 28, 2023 3:46 PM
Jan 2009
Tools1308 said:
you really are immature and have no clue what youre talking about, judging from your way of writing and what you write. I personally didnt like this movie and didnt find it to be extraordinarily good either, mainly due to the ending and where it took place, but it for sure wasnt shit. Still a solid 6 or 7 been some time since I watched it so maybe it is actually better than I remember it.
It could also be worse tbh
Jun 28, 2023 8:21 PM
Apr 2018
I didn't think it was that bad. but I was really young when I watched it/wasn't completely paying attention. I liked it though 🤷🏻‍♀️
Jun 28, 2023 8:36 PM
Feb 2022
i still like the movie and i'd give it a 9 no matter what people say, when i read the comments section i was shocked cause why everyone hate it? even summer wars too.. :/
Jun 28, 2023 8:46 PM

Dec 2019
Definitely my least favorite from Hosoda Mamoru
Jun 28, 2023 9:44 PM
Jan 2009
idkwhatshouldido said:
i still like the movie and i'd give it a 9 no matter what people say, when i read the comments section i was shocked cause why everyone hate it? even summer wars too.. :/
watch cowboy bebop and it'll set your standards really high forever after too
Jun 29, 2023 10:00 AM
Feb 2022
you just wanted to start some shit
Aug 11, 2023 8:40 AM
Sep 2015
The boy and the beast is a special movie. It’s better compared to momarus last two flops , belle and mirai. Those two movies were bad. Boy and the beast is special tho I didn’t know people hated it
✲ ✴ ✵ ✶ Got New leaf pm me!✷ ✸ ❇ ✹
Join the shoujo club! Im the new admin! News and updates will be up soon about older or newer shoujo anime/manga!
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=70594
Jan 12, 11:03 PM
Dec 2018
Reply to ktg
Sonny Boy 4
CSM 8
Ok

@ktg Sonny boy is a 5 and below
Jan 13, 12:00 AM
May 2016
Kumorini said:

It's boring that I have to keep repeating myself, because people fail to comprehend my point.
No, objectively Sonny Boy is a 9. Obviously kids won't understand what it is about, so they give it a low rating.
Jan 13, 12:56 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to ktg
Kumorini said:

It's boring that I have to keep repeating myself, because people fail to comprehend my point.
No, objectively Sonny Boy is a 9. Obviously kids won't understand what it is about, so they give it a low rating.
@ktg sonny boy is kiznaiver for people impressed by -gatari shows
Jan 13, 3:47 AM
May 2016
Nyron said:
@ktg sonny boy is kiznaiver for people impressed by -gatari shows

You are lucky, because I still haven't watched Kiznaiver.
But if a show is half as good as the Monogatari franchise, then we are talking about at least a 7 out of 10 show. After all, Monogatari has the best directing of the decade here.

To be honest, I wouldn't compare Sonny Boy to Monogatari. Only people who do not understand those shows, made these comparisons.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemono no Ko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

raveninthemuddle - Feb 27, 2016

162 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:09 PM

» More movies/shows like this?

_txhsin__ - Mar 30, 2023

4 by Nyron »»
Jun 27, 2023 11:30 AM

» not bad.

UzumakiHime - Apr 9, 2020

1 by Quanda1eDing1e »»
Dec 30, 2022 4:34 PM

» (Spoilers) Post Endings

Topher1990 - Mar 6, 2019

4 by Rob7 »»
Jul 31, 2022 3:14 PM

» Streaming on HBO Max

JohanJ04 - Mar 7, 2022

0 by JohanJ04 »»
Mar 7, 2022 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.