Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 7, 2023 11:09 PM
Mar 2015
Runuuu said:
LOVE IT!! Saw it at the love live panel at AX

I watched it after it aired. I also watched it during the AX panel. I really love episode one. The opening and insert song are sooo good. Looking forward if we will get more insert songs later in the season.
Jul 8, 2023 8:39 PM
May 2019
I love it but I do wish it was getting dubbed. I talked to Morgan Berry (Yohane's VA) about it but she hadn't heard nothing yet. Probably be a backlog dub in the future. I mean Crunchyroll hasn't even dubbed Love Live! Superstar Season 2 yet, lol. They really dragging their foots on that one, lol
Jul 8, 2023 8:44 PM
May 2019
Angry_By_Default said:
i dint even read the name, i thought it was some kind of isekai anime cose i saw the colab with the 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime' and i thought it was gonna be something big like that, i dint realize it was a sunshine anime
then the episode started and i saw her talking about music, and i hate music series btw, but i kept watching cose i dint saw a music tag on MAL
.... first new anime of the season and first drop, good start

Hate to break it to you but the Live Live franchise is a metric ton more huge than any bog standard isekai you're thinking about it. It pretty much clubbers everything in both ratings and rankings in Japan.
Jul 8, 2023 8:47 PM
May 2019
Thehaterofmal said:
Serafos said:

Yeah, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the show more if you know more about these characters. :)

thanks for answering then i think i should dive into love live series any idea where should I start ?

Well since this is a spinoff of Love Live! Sunshine!! then just watch the two seasons of that on Crunchyroll and you're good to go.
Jul 8, 2023 8:48 PM
May 2019
anikevin said:
fuck I thought this show was its own thing
i haven't seen any Love Live anime, so I'll have to cross this off from my Summer list

Just go watch Love Live! Sunshine!! and you're set.
Jul 8, 2023 9:01 PM
May 2019
SouthRzVa said:
Literally when you don't know what to animate next but remembered you did a April Fool's joke some time ago and thought the idea could actually be profitable. Sasuga Sunrise!

4/5 start. Please tell me Saint Snow appears in this world.

Also OP goes haaaard.

I could go for a follow-up to Awaken the Power 😁
Jul 9, 2023 8:33 AM

Apr 2012
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
Angry_By_Default said:
i dint even read the name, i thought it was some kind of isekai anime cose i saw the colab with the 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime' and i thought it was gonna be something big like that, i dint realize it was a sunshine anime
then the episode started and i saw her talking about music, and i hate music series btw, but i kept watching cose i dint saw a music tag on MAL
.... first new anime of the season and first drop, good start

Hate to break it to you but the Live Live franchise is a metric ton more huge than any bog standard isekai you're thinking about it. It pretty much clubbers everything in both ratings and rankings in Japan.
i am not from japan :)
Jul 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Jun 2014
I have never watched a Love Live series. I have very little interest in music and no interest in idol anime. I didn't even realize this was related when I put it on my watch list. I put this on my list because it looked like a fun fantasy anime that might be different from what has been coming out lately.

However, after the first episode, all I found is that the plot of this anime seems to be "I have a shit personality and a superiority complex and don't understand why that makes nobody like me." 
If that is going to be the way this continues going forward I can't imagine I will finish this series, and I say that as someone that has only ever found two anime bad enough to make me drop them. 
Jul 11, 2023 11:32 AM
Jul 2020
NGL, Strong start
Jul 12, 2023 8:30 AM

Nov 2013
what a fun start to the series, with one of my favorite girls, Yoshino, as the main character

Zuramaru and her zuras never gets old haha

also omfg, smol Ruby, she probably was already the cutest girl in the LL series, but they made her even cuter lmao
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 12, 2023 11:30 AM

Jun 2021
So many surprises for this opening episode, such as the rest of Aqours (minus Hanamaru) making only brief cameos at the very end, the blended world of fantasy and modern day (i expected it to be without electricity and television, let alone music auditions), the dog actually talking with Mio Akiyama's voice (and having her second different voice role in the Love Live franchise, it seems so weird noticing it), and an actual male character talking with a male voice actor. Unbelievable. Only in hindsight i discovered to have started this series exactly on Yoshiko's birthday... never been my favorite Aqours member because her fallen angel shtick was often overdone, but i won't deny she can be actually pretty funny (and has a very versatile seiyuu with one of the best talking and singing voices of the bunch).
Jul 14, 2023 7:01 AM
Jul 2020
MC annoying, doesn't look promising.
Jul 23, 2023 7:06 AM
Mar 2012
mc quite headstrong, talk with her mom & Lailaps so confrontational but fun.
yes to talking big doggo who's more wise.
Music & ost both very nice, & Numazu scenery pretty wow.
Designs give a nice Last Period rpg style.
After checking mal i just got duped into watching an idol show & LL.
Aug 1, 2023 10:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol, so we're finally into Yohane's chuunibyou mind, I guess it's really this way xD
Aug 17, 2023 10:26 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Besides like one episode of Nijisaki, this is going to be my first time actually watching something Love Live related not just to get a little taste. I actually didn't know it was Love Live related until I read people's comments. I do hope everything doesn't end up being lost on me, but so far, it's okay.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 1, 2023 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
Yohane is such a treasure. Her antics never get old and this particular art style makes her seem extra adorable. It shouldn't need saying, but the music is absolutely amazing. Yohane's solo in the forest was so enchanting that I was tearing up from how overwhelmingly beautiful the whole scene was.

The story itself seems interesting enough too. I like how it's basically the opposite of pursuing big dreams in the big city - finding simple joys in a small town. I wasn't sure if this was going to be isekai or pure fantasy. Even now, I'm still not completely sure. I get the feeling only Yohane can hear Lailaps, as no one else has actually talked to her. It would be bold if all of the fantasy elements were in Yohane's head, but perhaps a bit too dark for something this heartwarming.
Dec 16, 2023 6:30 AM

Mar 2017
almost half a decade since the last sunshine anime AND WE ARE SO FUCKING BACK
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Mar 14, 7:44 PM
Jun 2022
Man , If Those Judges Didn't Select Her For The Dope Song She Sang . There Is Only One Thing To Do Then......

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu no Yohane: Sunshine in the Mirror Episode 13 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 17, 2023

45 by BzTitan »»
Apr 4, 6:29 PM

» No one knows Yohane?

MysticMusician - Mar 20

3 by YuriShip »»
Mar 20, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu no Yohane: Sunshine in the Mirror Episode 3 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 9, 2023

43 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu no Yohane: Sunshine in the Mirror Episode 2 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 2, 2023

45 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu no Yohane: Sunshine in the Mirror Episode 12 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 10, 2023

25 by Blobolosh »»
Jan 6, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.