Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Summer 2023

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 17, 2023 4:56 AM

Jul 2012
Kays90 said:
I don't get it as to why they have given the option of selecting the second best option as Ace if the best option has already been Aced once.

I selected best anime as Ace in Week 1 & got the reward. Now in Week 2, I selected the next best anime in my Active Team & lost the point even though the Second best anime performed as expected second best as the best anime was already aced in Week 1.

Reward should be given based on active team (excluding the anime that are aced before and won then).

If it was megane anime that you aced in week 1, then it still holds the top place in your team since it hasn't passed 75k watching+completed. Second best can be aced only if the top best is over the 75k watching limit.
Jul 17, 2023 1:09 PM
Feb 2020
Samii said:
Kays90 said:
I don't get it as to why they have given the option of selecting the second best option as Ace if the best option has already been Aced once.

I selected best anime as Ace in Week 1 & got the reward. Now in Week 2, I selected the next best anime in my Active Team & lost the point even though the Second best anime performed as expected second best as the best anime was already aced in Week 1.

Reward should be given based on active team (excluding the anime that are aced before and won then).

If it was megane anime that you aced in week 1, then it still holds the top place in your team since it hasn't passed 75k watching+completed. Second best can be aced only if the top best is over the 75k watching limit.

Does that mean, I should have waited for the anime to cross 75k viewers? I will wait for the third best to ace as that's happening for sure. Both Glasses & Marriage will cross 75K viewers within a couple of weeks.
Jul 18, 2023 2:02 AM

Jul 2012
Kays90 said:
Samii said:

Does that mean, I should have waited for the anime to cross 75k viewers? I will wait for the third best to ace as that's happening for sure. Both Glasses & Marriage will cross 75K viewers within a couple of weeks.

yeah you should have waited ^^ and yeah unfortunately you have to wait for them to cross 75k viewers or until another anime gets ahead of both glasses or marriage.
Jul 18, 2023 3:54 AM

Nov 2022
How do you guys swap more than 1 anime? I'm trying to do 2 swaps but after the 1st one it just says "cancel swap" and won't let me do another one.
Jul 18, 2023 5:56 AM

Jul 2012
hich4n_ said:
How do you guys swap more than 1 anime? I'm trying to do 2 swaps but after the 1st one it just says "cancel swap" and won't let me do another one.

You can't swap more than once per week.
Jul 18, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2022
Samii said:
hich4n_ said:

You can't swap more than once per week.

Ah so that's what it is, thanks. It mentioned "4 swaps per season" so I thought you can use as many whenever.
Jul 21, 2023 12:11 AM
Apr 2017
I had Zom100 aced in week 2 before it touched 75K watchers. Did I get 75k, 0 or -5k points? The rule page mentions:

Ace
+75,000 points if the Aced anime collected the most points on the team for that week.
-5,000 points if the Ace does not become the anime with the most points on the team for that week, or has passed the 75,000 members threshold in "Watching" + "Completed".

So is it -5k for me or not? Is it meaning: "if the Ace does not become the anime with the most points on the team for that week, or has passed the 75,000 members threshold in "Watching" + "Completed" for that week."

The case where a title is aced before ineligibility amidst the same week, is not described well. It is not even mentioned on My Team page Ace section.
Jul 21, 2023 12:58 AM

Jul 2012
tokomata said:
I had Zom100 aced in week 2 before it touched 75K watchers. Did I get 75k, 0 or -5k points? The rule page mentions:

Ace
+75,000 points if the Aced anime collected the most points on the team for that week.
-5,000 points if the Ace does not become the anime with the most points on the team for that week, or has passed the 75,000 members threshold in "Watching" + "Completed".

So is it -5k for me or not? Is it meaning: "if the Ace does not become the anime with the most points on the team for that week, or has passed the 75,000 members threshold in "Watching" + "Completed" for that week."

The case where a title is aced before ineligibility amidst the same week, is not described well. It is not even mentioned on My Team page Ace section.

If you haven't cancelled the ace before the week ended you probably got -5k points. You can try counting the weekly points of your active anime in the Anime Rankings table (https://fal.myanimelist.net/summer_2023/ranking) and compare it with your weekly points in the Team Rankings table to double-check whether you got the penalty or not.

Also, keep in mind all actions taken and anime points are all counted on the weekly deadline, not before (doesn't matter when you placed the ace). So the ace only takes effect on the weekly deadline.
SamiiJul 21, 2023 1:02 AM
Jul 22, 2023 2:06 AM
Apr 2017
Samii said:
tokomata said:

Ace

If you haven't cancelled the ace before the week ended you probably got -5k points. You can try counting the weekly points of your active anime in the Anime Rankings table (https://fal.myanimelist.net/summer_2023/ranking) and compare it with your weekly points in the Team Rankings table to double-check whether you got the penalty or not.

Also, keep in mind all actions taken and anime points are all counted on the weekly deadline, not before (doesn't matter when you placed the ace). So the ace only takes effect on the weekly deadline.
So, the Ace pick gets invalidated and the second most is considered the new Ace in one go? I feel there should be some message during the week or placed Ace should get auto cancelled when 75k is reached. It is clearly misleading that anime still shown as aced when it is going to be invalidated. People are participating once a week and forgetting. It is a hard ask from people to expect them regular monitoring a placed Ace lest it crosses 75k at the last moment with no scope to set a different ace and get the 5k penalty. The rule is not fully elaborated either in all pages consistently
Jul 22, 2023 2:17 AM

Jul 2012
tokomata said:
Samii said:

So, the Ace pick gets invalidated and the second most is considered the new Ace in one go? I feel there should be some message during the week or placed Ace should get auto cancelled when 75k is reached. It is clearly misleading that anime still shown as aced when it is going to be invalidated. People are participating once a week and forgetting. It is a hard ask from people to expect them regular monitoring a placed Ace lest it crosses 75k at the last moment with no scope to set a different ace and get the 5k penalty. The rule is not fully elaborated either in all pages consistently

I do agree that the rules need a bit more clarification, and fal's interface needs some added functionality to either notify, cancel, or just auto ace the anime that should be aced. But that's just how it is now :(
Jul 23, 2023 4:57 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
tokomata said:
Samii said:

Came here to pretty much talk about this. Even though I've been participating in FAL since its inception, I didn't realize that when you Ace an anime right before it reaches 75k viewers that week that you will be penalized with -5k points.

It was careless on my end to not read the full rules, but I also think the summarized rules under the "My Team" tab is misleading:
"Ace the anime you expect to receive the most points in your active team for this week. Correct answers give 75,000 points and incorrect answers take 5,000 points.
Once an anime passes 75000 watching members, it can no longer be aced, and the next anime with the most points in your team can be guessed instead."

Like the full rules, it should also state that choosing an anime that will reach 75k by the end of the deadline with ALSO result in a 5k pt deduction. 

I also want to confirm... the rank for your team + the individual anime's ranking is determined by the total points and not the weekly points right? So even if one anime scores higher this week, but still scores lower than your top 5 anime, it shouldn't be swapped in as your top 5? Hope this makes sense.
Jul 23, 2023 5:00 PM
Apr 2019
So I was checking the weekly scores and found something weird.

My team was this one: https://ibb.co/7RH8z0Y

which got me 340,187 points for this week. In previous weeks, I had already aced Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon and Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta. I swapped and aced Bungou Stray Dogs 5th Season.

This team (https://ibb.co/1MjTzjb) is exactly the same but aced Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon and got 420,187 points this week.

It seems like my ace didn't count. I can't wrap my head around this, maybe because I'm too tired today. Could someone please explain to me why the scores differ? I genuinely don't understand. Am I missing something obvious? 

Jul 23, 2023 5:32 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Bouzo said:

which got me 340,187 points for this week. In previous weeks, I had already aced Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon and Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta. I swapped and aced Bungou Stray Dogs 5th Season.

This team (https://ibb.co/1MjTzjb) is exactly the same but aced Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon and got 420,187 points this week.

It seems like my ace didn't count. I can't wrap my head around this, maybe because I'm too tired today. Could someone please explain to me why the scores differ? I genuinely don't understand. Am I missing something obvious? 
I think in your case, your points were less than last week's because you chose the anime with the second highest total points. If I'm correct, you should've chosen Masamune-kun as your Ace since it has a higher total score. 

See Rules Section > Ace Rule#4:
"The anime with the next highest total points on the team will then be awarded points if correctly declared as the Ace."

I think I just answered my own question above but it would be great if someone can confirm both of our questions. x-x
Jul 23, 2023 5:41 PM
Apr 2019
MistyBlue said:
Bouzo said:

I think in your case, your points were less than last week's because you chose the anime with the second highest total points. If I'm correct, you should've chosen Masamune-kun as your Ace since it has a higher total score. 

"The anime with the next highest total points on the team will then be awarded points if correctly declared as the Ace."

I think I just answered my own question above but it would be great if someone can confirm both of our questions. x-x

Thank you for your answer! Yup, it is definitely that. I don't know why I was so sure it was the weekly points that mattered. Well, at least now I know x)

Jul 23, 2023 8:26 PM
Apr 2017
MistyBlue said:
Bouzo said:

The rule #4 seems badly worded too. What does it mean by highest total points?

1)Total for a title every week combined like Happy Marriage has 205k?
If it is this then it directly conflicts with what is said on the Teams page: "Ace the anime you expect to receive the most points in your active team for this week. "
Or,
2)Total of the score breakdown of a title for a week?
If it is this, then having the total word is pointless and just makes things confusing since only the estimated total score for the current week is visible anyways, not its breakdown.

The Weekly Pts column should be reworded too since it is last week points and not average of all weeks.
tokomataJul 23, 2023 8:29 PM
Jul 23, 2023 8:45 PM
Apr 2017
Regarding ranking and scores, the way I understood it is, every week a title generates a score from 0. People can't see the 0 or only see it grow in the first 3 weeks since X watcher count will immediately generate Y scores for a title. I got it confirmed this week 4 as bonus/penalties have affected Glasses anime badly generating a measly 8680 as I type this. Previous week Glasses was the only title on my team which had s small drop from 52k in W2 to 49k in W3. So you should have the titles with the most ongoing weekly scores. Top anime and profile rankings are ofc based on accumulated totals. You can sort Weekly Pts column for anime if you want to inspect last week trends.
tokomataJul 23, 2023 9:18 PM
Jul 23, 2023 9:46 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
@tokomata 
Ace Reply: I think your first choice is how the ace is decided for that week. In this instance their wording makes sense because they are evaluating the highest total score for that week, which can of course change its rankings over time. You're confusing Happy Marriage with Zom 100 btw. 

Player and Anime Ranking Reply: With that said...I think our weekly team ranking is based on the total scores of our active anime and not the scores that we got from that week alone. 
I can kind of see how it works when I look at the rankings and how my week 3 score is higher, but the people above me have a higher total score. x-x Gosh, I shot myself in the foot 2 weeks in a row with the 75k ace and confusing weekly points for total points xD... 

Edit: Ah I guess I just repeated what you said. Nvm ty
MistyBlueJul 23, 2023 10:18 PM
Jul 23, 2023 10:20 PM
Apr 2017

Yes my bad Zom is 205k, Happy Marriage is 127k. My issue is the usage of total word on the rules page.  Suppose I have not aced anything yet, Ace would be just Max() weekly point out of 5 actives going by the definition on Teams page. So then Total(Summation) mean nothing related to Ace. It may be the totaling of score breakdowns specific to each anime title but its redundant if we can't see it anyways. But if I go by #4 definition in the Rules page, it could ambiguously mean total points over all the weeks so the above Zom and HappyMarriage scores. I see now the week context is mentioned just outside of Rule4, so its not ambiguous, just the Total word is redundant.

Your scores that you got from a week is the total scores of your active anime that week. But Ranking is obviously your previous accumulated total+ongoing score total.

Same I wasted ace with Zom. Seems pointless now to participate for me, I'm 40k behind top 100 but week 3,7,10,13 people with bungou stray dogs on roster will keep widening their gap and I don't have it to come close. First time participation oh well.
tokomataJul 23, 2023 10:38 PM
Jul 23, 2023 11:18 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
@tokomata
Hey, I don't think that's bad for your first time participating. It's better to start low and make mistakes so you know what not to do the next FAL. I've done this a handful of times and have continually gotten worse (oops), but I'm learning every season and having fun every season. =) I like the fact that this event is not as easy as it looks and that there are unlikely surprises every season (like Oshi no Ko). At least we get a badge just for trying!

How tf do I directly quote someone without quoting their entire message...

MistyBlueJul 23, 2023 11:23 PM
Jul 24, 2023 1:54 AM
Nov 2010
MistyBlue said:
Bouzo said:

No offence, but this is not correct. It has nothing to do with highest total score at all like what you think it means (not accumulated across the whole season; that overall points actually have no real purpose in the whole game).

@Bouzo The highest in your team is actually Kekkon, not Bungou (or Masamune like MistyBlue mentioned). And since Kekkon has not passed 75k watching, it still counts as the anime in your Active with the highest points, not Bungou (regardless of whether you have or have not aced Kekkon already). That means you declared wrong ace on Bungou, which is why you didn't get 75k points, but instead get -5k points.

In short, as long as an anime that you have already aced does not exceed 75k watching, its points will still be factored in.

@tokomata yeah, again just to correct the misinformation that MistyBlue provided, it has nothing to do with the total points like 205k, 127k etc (in fact, they have nothing to do with the game at all). Hopefully my clarification above that I mentioned to Bouzo is clear.
eplipswichJul 24, 2023 2:13 AM
Jul 24, 2023 2:21 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
eplipswich said:
MistyBlue said:

No offence, but this is not correct. It has nothing to do with highest total score at all like what you think it means (not accumulated across the whole season; that overall points actually have no real purpose in the whole game).

@Bouzo The highest in your team is actually Kekkon, not Bungou (or Masamune like MistyBlue mentioned). And since Kekkon has not passed 75k watching, it still counts as the anime in your Active with the highest points, not Bungou (regardless of whether you have or have not aced Kekkon already). That means you declared wrong ace on Bungou, which is why you didn't get 75k points, but instead get -5k points.

In short, as long as an anime that you have already aced does not exceed 75k watching, its points will still be factored in.

@tokomata yeah, again just to correct the misinformation that MistyBlue provided, it has nothing to do with the total points like 205k, 127k etc (in fact, they have nothing to do with the game at all). Hopefully my clarification above that I mentioned to Bouzo is clear.

Bouzo already aced Kekkon so the only one they can choose is Masamune and Bungou. They won’t get penalized for choosing the next highest anime. Can you point me to a rule that says otherwise?

Are you saying that people are ranked by weekly points?

Edit: My bad I just reread your post… but I thought Aces were a weekly temporary thing and I thought the 75k threshold was for choosing an Ace and the cutoff for being rewarded 75k. So now it also applies to anime we’ve already aced?
MistyBlueJul 24, 2023 2:33 AM
Jul 24, 2023 2:30 AM
Nov 2010
MistyBlue said:
eplipswich said:

Bouzo already aced Kekkon so the only one they can choose is Masamune and Bungou. They won’t get penalized for choosing the next highest anime. Can you point me to a rule that says otherwise?

As someone who has played FAL since 2014 (yes, FAL existed before it went mainstream in Fall 2021), I know what I'm talking about. Perhaps the rules are not really well-written, hence the confusion you may be getting.

For this particular rule:  "The anime with the next highest total points on the team will then be awarded points if correctly declared as the Ace."

This next highest total points refer to the total points for the week, not the overall season. So yeah, you could blame whoever wrote that rule for not being clear enough.

Also, scroll down further in the rules, and you will see this:
-5,000 points if the Ace does not become the anime with the most points on the team for that week, or has passed the 75,000 members threshold in "Watching" + "Completed".

Note the "for that week".

EDIT: Just saw your edit, and yes, it also applies to anime you've already aced.

EDIT2: In short, here's the overview of how aces work (change 80,000 to 75,000):

eplipswichJul 24, 2023 2:52 AM
Jul 24, 2023 2:56 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
eplipswich said:
MistyBlue said:

As someone who has played FAL since 2014 (yes, FAL existed before it went mainstream in Fall 2021), I know what I'm talking about. Perhaps the rules are not really well-written, hence the confusion you may be getting.

For this particular rule:  "The anime with the next highest total points on the team will then be awarded points if correctly declared as the Ace."

This next highest total points refer to the total points for the week, not the overall season. So yeah, you could blame whoever wrote that rule for not being clear enough.

Also, scroll down further in the rules, and you will see this:
-5,000 points if the Ace does not become the anime with the most points on the team for that week, or has passed the 75,000 members threshold in "Watching" + "Completed".

Note the "for that week".

EDIT: In short, here's the overview of how aces work (change 80,000 to 75,000):

Thanks for the clarification; I don’t think I would have gotten that based from their limited wording.
Jul 24, 2023 4:23 AM
Apr 2019
@eplipswich I don't think I would have figured it out without your explanation. When you are choosing the ace it blocks the ones you've already chosen so I thought they'd become not eligible like the ones over 75,000 users and I should choose considering the highest points of the active shows remaining.

So the correct approach, in this case, is to swap Kekkon with Bungou and ace it. Thank you so much, it really helped!

Jul 24, 2023 8:40 AM

Jan 2017
@Bouzo swapping Kekkon out and Bungo in is certainly an option, but you are trying to accumulate as much points as possible to raise your rank. the 75k threshold is also an valuable indicator of how much time you have left before you CAN'T ace an anime. Bungo has 32k watching atm. there is no need to waste 1 of your 4 valuable swaps just to gain a quick 75k points from aceing bungo when it isn't even halfway from hitting the 75k threshold. Kekkon is a valuable member of your team that will likely gain the most points almost every week so if you decided to swap it out, you'd be inclined to swap it back in the following week, which then uses up a total of 2 swaps. In short, you should aim to ace all of your anime while making efficient use of your swaps. after all, 75k points per ace is a lot.
Jul 24, 2023 12:10 PM
Apr 2019
@KawaiiTendou You are completely right, seeing your point I understand why it would be a bad decision. I think I'm afraid I'll miss acing a show but I should not be in such a hurry. Kekkon is definitely one of the big ones so I would waste a swap bringing it back to the team. Thank you, I feel I've learned a lot from this!!

Jul 31, 2023 9:05 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Whats wrong here ? @Kineta
last week i choosed Bungou Stray Dogs as Ace but why did i lost 5k points instead of gaining 75k points meanwhile its higher points beside Zombie 100 and shiawase where both of them already used as Ace ?

https://fal.myanimelist.net/summer_2023/ranking

Jul 31, 2023 9:20 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@ISeeLifePeople Shiawase na Kekkon hasn't passed the 75,000 watching threshold yet. That means it was the anime on your team which collected the most points. Not Bungou Stray Dogs.

From the FAL Club:
Questions About Ace
The anime with the highest points in your active team can be declared as an Ace if:
1. you have not already declared it as Ace
2. it has not passed 75,000 users in "Watching" + "Completed"

If you already declared the anime as an Ace and it still has the highest points in your team, you must wait until either:
a. a different anime has the highest points, OR
b. the already declared Ace has more than 75,000 users in "Watching" + "Completed"

You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >75,000 users watching+completed.
Jul 31, 2023 9:29 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Kineta said:
@ISeeLifePeople Shiawase na Kekkon hasn't passed the 75,000 watching threshold yet. That means it was the anime on your team which collected the most points. Not Bungou Stray Dogs.

From the FAL Club:
Questions About Ace
The anime with the highest points in your active team can be declared as an Ace if:

If you already declared the anime as an Ace and it still has the highest points in your team, you must wait until either:
b. the already declared Ace has more than 75,000 users in "Watching" + "Completed"

You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >75,000 users watching+completed.
Kineta said:

From the FAL Club:
Questions About Ace

Idk if rule about it, written there. Where i dont found anything about it here, maybe next time u can put statement about it in 1 place so its more effective and efficient for participants, thx for advance btw
https://fal.myanimelist.net/summer_2023/rules

Jul 31, 2023 9:48 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@ISeeLifePeople I'm sorry that you were confused. It is written on the section where you Ace though.

"Ace the anime you expect to receive the most points in your active team for this week."
"Once an anime passes 75000 watching members, it can no longer be aced, and the next anime with the most points in your team can be guessed instead."

Zom100 (1st points) --> passed 75000 --> not eligible
Shiawase na Kekkon (2nd points) --> below 75000 --> the correct ace

Whether you already aced it or not, it has the most points on your team :')
Jul 31, 2023 9:50 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Kineta said:

From the FAL Club:
Questions About Ace

These rules make more sense than the official explanation. Can you implement the ones above for next FAL?
Jul 31, 2023 10:16 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Kineta said:
@ISeeLifePeople I'm sorry that you were confused. It is written on the section where you Ace though.

"Ace the anime you expect to receive the most points in your active team for this week."
"Once an anime passes 75000 watching members, it can no longer be aced, and the next anime with the most points in your team can be guessed instead."

Tbh i wont complain it furhter but i just wanna redescribe from what written there

1. Ace the anime you expect the most points in your team for this week
*It means ace anime decided from which is the winner from each week of
(From here pretty clear theres no mention / quote if anime ever be aced but under 75k still counted as nominatee or not)

2. Correct answer give 75k points and incorrect answer takes 5k point
(Its enough clear then)

3. Once an anime passes 75k watching members, it can no longer be aced and the next anime with the most points in ur team can be guessed instead
*Over 75k the related anime cant be aced and the rest of can be guessed instead
(Its enough clear though)

So only first statement which really make a confusion so far since from its statement
Each anime on a team may be declared as an Ace only one (1) time per FAL season.
So litetally once we declared it, we will think that it doesnt really matter anymore due to from system itself blocking its choice there thats why rules from FAL club
[U]If you already declared the anime as an Ace and it still has the highest points in your team, you must wait until either:
[/u] should be bring instead of Ace the anime you expect the most points in your team for this week hence it doesnt tell more detail than points of Fal club rule then, once again ty for advance i dont really make it more complicated just tell how important details of rule in every circumstance
ISeeLifePeopleJul 31, 2023 10:19 AM

Aug 13, 2023 5:12 PM
Apr 2017
Kineta said:

@Kineta:
I had turned off notifications and now seeing there is yet another page(FAL Club) mentioning the rules with different wordings. I agree with MistyBlue this waiting rule should be mentioned explicitly, currently it is somewhat vague. So I gather now aceing every week is wrong and I been accumulating -5k every week, and blocked myself from picking the titles from aceing in future. I had the same idea as @KawaiiTendou to use swaps to ace all 8 titles but I guess it should not be possible if 7 out of 8 titles don't cross 75k.

The confusion in the rules arises due to conjugating eligibility and scoring into a single sentence. The flowchart has the similar problem with the last choice block not mentioning that there is a third option of not picking any title to ace for a week.

Suggesting the rules on My Team and Rules pages be proofread better and reworded along similar lines as below.

Presently->

My Team Page:
Once an anime passes 75000 watching members, it can no longer be aced, and the next anime with the most points in your team can be guessed instead.

Rules Page:
Once an anime passes the threshold number of members in "Watching" and "Completed" combined, that anime is no longer eligible to be an Ace. The anime with the next highest total points on the team will then be awarded points if correctly declared as the Ace.

(Problem: The bold parts are mixing up the eligibility and the scoring aspects. The next anime with the most points in team can not be guessed if the anime was already aced before(ineligible), BUT the score is still being counted if members are below 75000. Also no consistent mention of Completed members)

My Suggestion->

My Team Page and Rules Page:

If an anime passes 75000 in "Watching" and "Completed" combined or has already been aced before, it can no longer be aced.
Once an anime passes 75000 in "Watching" and "Completed" combined, it's weekly scores are no longer counted for Ace. The next anime with the most points in your team will be considered the highest.

(Explanation:  Maintain consistency in both pages. Break into two rules instead of a single sentence with questionable predicate placement because Eligibility of an anime and Counting of scores work differently. Remove usage of human action "can be guessed" and "if correctly declared" and instead use "consider" to explain what is counted)
tokomataAug 13, 2023 5:19 PM
Aug 14, 2023 8:12 AM

Jan 2017
tokomata said:
Kineta:
I had turned off notifications and now seeing there is yet another page(FAL Club) mentioning the rules with different wordings. I agree with MistyBlue this waiting rule should be mentioned explicitly, currently it is somewhat vague. So I gather now aceing every week is wrong and I been accumulating -5k every week, and blocked myself from picking the titles from aceing in future. I had the same idea as @KawaiiTendou to use swaps to ace all 8 titles but I guess it should not be possible if 7 out of 8 titles don't cross 75k.

The confusion in the rules arises due to conjugating eligibility and scoring into a single sentence. The flowchart has the similar problem with the last choice block not mentioning that there is a third option of not picking any title to ace for a week.

Suggesting the rules on My Team and Rules pages be proofread better and reworded along similar lines as below.

since i was pinged i will correct a statement you made. it is still possible to ace every title on your team even if 7 of the 8 titles don't cross 75k. currently, only 2 titles this season have passed 75k and for many, it is very possible to ace every title on their teams.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

214 by Veredus »»
7 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.