Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 14, 2023 5:21 PM
Jan 2020
The OP, or more specifically the beginning of the OP, has no business being that fire!! I played the baseline on my bass, in my room, for 15 min straight. Just restarting the song over and over while playing. But, the rest of the OP is kinda disappointing.

The first part, or the start of the song if you will, is great and feeds into the gritty mystery of the show. But the rest is just, well, way too cheerful and wholesome. I wish they'd brought the same energy from the start throughout the whole OP. 

To anyone that likes this anime opening: What are your thoughts?
May 14, 2023 5:28 PM
Mar 2021
I enjoy the second opening and the first ending quite a bit when it was airing, and I still listen to those two from time to time.

Glad to see you're having a blast with the first few seconds of the OP though!
dadrooMay 14, 2023 5:31 PM
May 14, 2023 5:40 PM

Mar 2016
Skellowyin said:
The OP, or more specifically the beginning of the OP, has no business being that fire!! I played the baseline on my bass, in my room, for 15 min straight. Just restarting the song over and over while playing. But, the rest of the OP is kinda disappointing.

The first part, or the start of the song if you will, is great and feeds into the gritty mystery of the show. But the rest is just, well, way too cheerful and wholesome. I wish they'd brought the same energy from the start throughout the whole OP. 

I thought it was pretty average overall, but yeah the first 4-5 secs was kinda fire, I think Higurashi has the greatest intro for an anime OP
May 14, 2023 5:42 PM
Nov 2018
Skellowyin said:

bro, I always thought the same thing, the first few seconds are so good that the rest of the song feels kinda lackluster in comparison, I always listen to the intro about 3 times, and after that just skip the rest of the song
May 14, 2023 5:45 PM
Feb 2021
Personally, the song itself is top 5 op songs. Visuals are a bit lacking, but it’s up there for me on just the song alone. It goes so unbelievably hard
May 14, 2023 6:06 PM
Apr 2019
dude you have pretty much my thoughts exactly, I love the beginning of the song so much. I will replay the beginning a few times when I listen to it 😂 But it only does this sequence once! I really wish it played again later in the song
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
May 14, 2023 6:11 PM
Apr 2021
Which opening are u talking about?2nd one was vibey but both of the endings were amazing.ED 1 one is amazing,chilling,mysterious and unusual.ED 2 is chill,calming nostalgic in a sense.I think Ed 2 is only one i got downloaded amongst 4
May 14, 2023 6:13 PM
Dec 2020
ed 2 is the best no competition
May 14, 2023 6:31 PM
Oct 2021
I binge watched the series in a way where I really could not skip the opening, so the first opening really grew on me , and I do still listen to it . The second op I don’t remember to well for some reason.
Also ending songs I did skip, so I should go back and check those out too.
May 14, 2023 6:34 PM
Apr 2022
Op 1 is one of my favorites from last year, I also liked op 2 as well
May 14, 2023 7:07 PM
Aug 2021
I think the opening grew on me after I heard the lyrics, and then I realized how much it does resonate with the sad tone of the show and I could appreciate it more.

Then it became a vibe and I was kinda sad they replaced the opening.
May 14, 2023 9:30 PM
Mar 2022
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

Ed 2 was peak and was top 1 of my most listened songs for 2 months lol
May 14, 2023 10:10 PM

Mar 2021
The first few seconds of the OP hits me with a heavy blast of nostalgia for some reason, like I can almost feel myself trying to remember something that I've never experienced, or atleast I think I didn't. I dunno if anyone else shares the same feeling though.
May 15, 2023 12:11 AM
Jan 2020
drooliv said:
I enjoy the second opening and the first ending quite a bit when it was airing, and I still listen to those two from time to time.

Glad to see you're having a blast with the first few seconds of the OP though!

Why thank you! I'll be at the 2nd OP soon so hopefully I'll enjoy that one too!
May 15, 2023 12:11 AM
Jan 2020
Hystique said:
Skellowyin said:

I thought it was pretty average overall, but yeah the first 4-5 secs was kinda fire, I think Higurashi has the greatest intro for an anime OP

Higurashis OP is indeed very good, and if anything, very memorable!
May 15, 2023 12:15 AM
Jan 2020
leozit-triste said:
Skellowyin said:

bro, I always thought the same thing, the first few seconds are so good that the rest of the song feels kinda lackluster in comparison, I always listen to the intro about 3 times, and after that just skip the rest of the song

Right?! Finally someone that understands!
May 15, 2023 12:19 AM
Dec 2022
i liked the first op more and will try to learn it on my guitar (bocchi masterclass incoming)
May 15, 2023 12:19 AM
Jan 2020
keb43 said:
Personally, the song itself is top 5 op songs. Visuals are a bit lacking, but it’s up there for me on just the song alone. It goes so unbelievably hard

I can definitely agree on the visuals, despite the lackluster nature of them, they're still pretty dope.
May 15, 2023 12:20 AM
Jan 2020
SafeCargo said:
dude you have pretty much my thoughts exactly, I love the beginning of the song so much. I will replay the beginning a few times when I listen to it 😂 But it only does this sequence once! I really wish it played again later in the song

Exactly! That one sequence is way too good to only play once!
May 15, 2023 12:21 AM
Jan 2020
BugsBuggy said:
Which opening are u talking about?2nd one was vibey but both of the endings were amazing.ED 1 one is amazing,chilling,mysterious and unusual.ED 2 is chill,calming nostalgic in a sense.I think Ed 2 is only one i got downloaded amongst 4

Damn, they're that good? I gotta check out the endings now.
May 15, 2023 12:21 AM
Jan 2020
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

I'll listen to it extra closely when I get that far into the series!
May 15, 2023 12:23 AM
Jan 2020
TrayC-3PO said:
I binge watched the series in a way where I really could not skip the opening, so the first opening really grew on me , and I do still listen to it . The second op I don’t remember to well for some reason.
Also ending songs I did skip, so I should go back and check those out too.

Yeah, apparently the endings are great, so I've got to do the same lmao
May 15, 2023 12:23 AM
Jan 2020
Rimusimp said:
Op 1 is one of my favorites from last year, I also liked op 2 as well

I haven't gotten to OP 2 yet, I hope I'll like it
May 15, 2023 12:27 AM
Jan 2020
Ae4iousMC said:
I think the opening grew on me after I heard the lyrics, and then I realized how much it does resonate with the sad tone of the show and I could appreciate it more.

Then it became a vibe and I was kinda sad they replaced the opening.

Oooooh! I haven't read the lyrics! That sounds like a good idea!
May 15, 2023 12:28 AM
Jan 2020
Arcanerocket said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

Ed 2 was peak and was top 1 of my most listened songs for 2 months lol

I'll put ED 2 on top of my listening list then!
May 15, 2023 12:42 AM
Jan 2020
iLuvCoffee said:
The first few seconds of the OP hits me with a heavy blast of nostalgia for some reason, like I can almost feel myself trying to remember something that I've never experienced, or atleast I think I didn't. I dunno if anyone else shares the same feeling though.

I feel the exact same way! I think its because they're playing some nostalgia chords.

The bass plays a sequence of rather happy, pick-me-up notes. But the second time around the sequence is played differently, adding a not-so-happy note, or the nostalgic note if you will. This note also contaminates the note that comes after, making both of the notes sound way more mysterious than they would on their own. The trick is to have an array of happy notes only to break it by throwing in a single one that doesn't seem to fit towards the end, to create that uneven sequence.

Mix in that with the lead guitar (who practically does the same but the other way around) and you've got that sick intro that makes you feel nostalgic for absolutely no reason!
May 15, 2023 12:42 AM
Jan 2020
elGatoGordo06 said:
i liked the first op more and will try to learn it on my guitar (bocchi masterclass incoming)

Fuck yeah! Rock on!
May 15, 2023 12:46 AM
Jan 2021
the first bit reminds me of rhcp, the rest of it is really good too whenever I listen im just vibing. especially to the guitar solos
May 15, 2023 12:50 AM
Jan 2020
ptero93 said:
the first bit reminds me of rhcp, the rest of it is really good too whenever I listen im just vibing. especially to the guitar solos

It is indeed a vibey song, I'll give it that.
May 15, 2023 1:06 AM

Apr 2022
ngl i can't remember it. maybe i'll have to check it out again. the ED on the other hand, one of my favorite anime songs of all time.
May 15, 2023 1:20 AM

Sep 2020
It absolutely needed to go that HARD because it didn't have the writing quality to match.... especially in the second half. I don't even remember the OP LMAO

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

May 15, 2023 4:07 AM
Jun 2021
Skellowyin said:

The opening of this show were quite mediocre, maybe the second song was still fine

But both the endings hit really hard! Especially the first one
May 15, 2023 4:11 AM

Apr 2020
Op was fine...listened to it the first couple of Episodes, then just skipped it...

Not a big deal. Not a Thread...
May 15, 2023 5:15 AM
Jan 2022
it's banging Intro to hook listeners
May 15, 2023 5:24 AM
Jun 2022
the bassline for the song is really fun i learned it a few weeks ago, and i also recommend learning the second ED's bassline it's pretty fun to play :>
GhostveeMay 15, 2023 5:33 AM
May 15, 2023 7:21 AM

Mar 2021
Skellowyin said:

I feel the exact same way! I think its because they're playing some nostalgia chords.

The bass plays a sequence of rather happy, pick-me-up notes. But the second time around the sequence is played differently, adding a not-so-happy note, or the nostalgic note if you will. This note also contaminates the note that comes after, making both of the notes sound way more mysterious than they would on their own. The trick is to have an array of happy notes only to break it by throwing in a single one that doesn't seem to fit towards the end, to create that uneven sequence.

Mix in that with the lead guitar (who practically does the same but the other way around) and you've got that sick intro that makes you feel nostalgic for absolutely no reason!

That's a really impressive observation honestly lol, thank God I wasn't the only one feeling that way haha.
May 15, 2023 3:18 PM
Jul 2021
The op really reminds me of the first Ajin op, except that one keeps its vibe throughout the entire song. I really like both though !
May 16, 2023 6:36 AM

Dec 2021
Same,first 10 seconds was peak before they started singing lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

150 by Tilor_Koopa »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

472 by UltraMonkeyX »»
May 7, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

144 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2022

193 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

340 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.