Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 1, 2023 5:44 PM

Sep 2015
EWWW THE YAMATO DOG FORM!! GET IT OUT OF MY FACE!! I already hate this episode, at least Yamato is covered all dark
to avoid impairing my eye sights. It's not good, but not as bad as the hybrid. I can at least pretend that its just a random animal but on the other hand....

Wow the light effects were immaculate this episode. The electricity and Orochis light blue background. God the DBZ SFX with Big moms attack

But i'm hopping that people here don't complain about the CGI.
AhriTheS3xyFoxApr 1, 2023 6:07 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 1, 2023 6:02 PM

Sep 2015
Another mistake on my book to my authentic signature
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 1, 2023 7:19 PM

Nov 2012
I truly prefer Yamato in her fox form.  She's so pretty.  LOL  I think if she had told the regular human pirates (forgot the group name, Numbers??) that Kaido was going to crash the island and they were all going to explode and die, they'd probably help clear the explosives.

The last damn thing the live floor needed was Big Mom.  smh.  I was hoping King and Queen would come flying and get stuck to her. 

It was bittersweet seeing Kid. 

I really liked the psychedelic animation at the end.  Super Sized Big Mom looking pissed af and Kid & Law's capes blowing.  It was a cool image.
dragynfaerieApr 1, 2023 7:45 PM
Apr 1, 2023 7:26 PM

Apr 2016
Finally the awakenings, CGI Punk Rotten but I don't blame them
Big Mom looked fittingly wicked at the end
Apr 1, 2023 7:47 PM

May 2015
The cat mink before the ending credit saving the mugiwara crew was the best part of this episode! 💪🏽🔥🔥🔥😻
Apr 1, 2023 8:17 PM

Aug 2019
Ugly ass CGI as usual. I know it's easier for them to animate Kid's attacks using CGI but Christ, it looks ugly no matter how hard Toei tries. With that and the ugly Kaido dragon form CGI, it's just embarrassing.

Also typical One Piece episode with a million differently colored animation effects to make a slow episode seem more important than it really was. At least there weren't too much flashing lights though. The only part of the episode that was great was seeing Kidd and Law using their awakened powers, but their constant bickering got old 40 episodes ago.
Apr 1, 2023 8:40 PM

Jul 2013
As more I get to see Yamato in her dog form, as more I take a liking to it. She's so majestic and pretty.

I wonder if Orochi has already realized that if the explosives in Onigashima really go off, Fukurokuju eventually is defeated and thus doesn't make it back to him, he'll irrevocably blow up with the whole place.

In the meantime Kid and Law still have their hands full with Big Mom. It was interesting to hear Kid asking Law if he has already awakened his devil fruit. So far we haven't seen too much of it (Doflamingo, Katakuri), so I was super excited to see what both of their awakened devil fruits would look like. They definitely didn't disappoint. Law with his K-Room Anesthesia was able to deal significant damage to Big Mom which even made her bleed. Kid's Assign on the other hand made her magnetic, which is also crazy since a gigantic amount of metal flew towards her and made her crush into the ground of the performance floor. I'm actually glad that this was something I didn't get spoiled about beforehand.

Even if both attacks had some effect, it obviously wasn't enough to bring Big Mom down. Nonetheless Big Mom admitted the strength of Luffy, Law and Kid which says a lot. I'm surprised that she's able to take away her own life span to power herself up. Has this eventually to do with her awakened devil fruit power? Napoleon, Prometheus and Hera all seem way more terrifying as before. To make it even worse Big Mom became gigantic, which mustn't always be a good thing. Defeating her became an even bigger task than it already was.

Btw, this was such an incredible shot.

Seems like Zoro and Sanji get their time to shine in the next episode. Definitely looking forward to that.

Apr 1, 2023 8:48 PM

Apr 2014
Episode was cool. Though I think the rainbow colors for Big Mom was a little too much. But either way. I liked it. Anyways. Looking forward to the next episode. X3
Apr 1, 2023 9:06 PM

Sep 2012
Damn Big Mum now has to get serious. Really wonder if they can do it
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Apr 1, 2023 9:40 PM

Nov 2016
At last the Awakening for Kid and Law. I do enjoy the extended fighting somewhat, even tho it feels noticeably like padding. I guess it's better that we got more reactions from Yamato and characters on the Live Floor than too many close up shots of Big Mom.
FMmatronApr 2, 2023 3:06 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 1, 2023 9:55 PM

Jun 2014
The Awakenings are finally here but it wasn't enough to beat Big Mom yet. The action was good though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 1, 2023 10:38 PM

Apr 2022
ah yes, the awakenings. the animation looked really good, even punk rotten scene but except for maybe half a second where the CG looked a bit iffy. aside from that, well done.
didn't expect big mom to look like that after getting animated during that scene while reading the manga but hey, i ain't complaining.

also, i'll need to ask yamato for the skin care routine, literally glowing.
Apr 2, 2023 2:46 AM

Sep 2020
My mind might be blank since it's been a while since I read this scene in the manga, but I've heard people say that Big Mom vs Kidd and Law was disappointing. That doesn't seem to be the case. Law awakening his powers to use K-room was pretty cool and Kidd turned Big Mom into a magnet as well. But they will need more than that because it looks like Big Mom has gone into another gear. I didn't think that was possible but here we are.

We're gonna see more of Sanji and Zoro next episode so look forward to that.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Apr 2, 2023 3:15 AM
Dec 2022
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
Apr 2, 2023 3:43 AM

Jul 2016
ryzxgum said:
ah yes, the awakenings. the animation looked really good, even punk rotten scene but except for maybe half a second where the CG looked a bit iffy. aside from that, well done.
didn't expect big mom to look like that after getting animated during that scene while reading the manga but hey, i ain't complaining.

also, i'll need to ask yamato for the skin care routine, literally glowing.

Its that Kaido blood.
Apr 2, 2023 3:58 AM

Oct 2017
Kidd's awakening power is op, still not strong enough to beat big mom though.
Apr 2, 2023 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
It's funny Big Mom ended up literally 'BIG' 🤣
Apr 2, 2023 4:18 AM

Jan 2021
I want to see luffy vs kaido (⁠●⁠_⁠_⁠●⁠)
Roxy

Apr 2, 2023 4:40 AM

Feb 2015
One piece has the best voice actors/actresses ever!, they're insanely good
Apr 2, 2023 5:31 AM

Jul 2013
Big Mom is really a monster goddamn just considering that she got her soul power not from eating a devil fruit but from eating the person who ate the devil fruit lol
Apr 2, 2023 5:53 AM

Jul 2021
Big Mom really took all the souls from the people who have been working so hard and resurrecting the rest of her minions. Kidd & Law vs Big Mom was definitely a highlight. Well it's roughly 13-14 chapters left till get to see that part animated from now. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 2, 2023 5:56 AM
Jul 2022
I wanna see luffy awaken his fruit powers now
Apr 2, 2023 6:28 AM
Aug 2021
Amazing how the Performance floor battle is still intact and ongoing.
Apr 2, 2023 7:29 AM
Jul 2013
Dios mío. 😱🤯

Desde aquella primera vez que escuchamos a Big Mom al final del arco de la isla Gyojin, me pareció brutal e intimidante, y muchísimos capítulos después, no deja de serlo; personajazo. 👌🏼

•Vuelen alto Law y Kid. 🕊
Apr 2, 2023 8:43 AM

Oct 2018
Big Mom is pissed off by Law and Kid who have awakened their devil fruits but the stamina of this 2 will be drain more faster so they have to hurry up to beat her
Next week it will be the turn to Zoro and Sanji to be on the scene
Apr 2, 2023 9:50 AM
Jan 2020
This is an epic episode with Law and Kid combining their awakening powers against Big Mom. Law using K-Room; Anesthesia; Shock Wille to hurt Big Mom internally. Kid using Assign; Punk Clash to cause a massive pile of metal to collapse onto her. Meanwhile, Yamato is racing to the basement in her cute doggo form.
Apr 2, 2023 9:53 AM
Jan 2020
I agree and yeah that is such an epic shot.
Apr 2, 2023 12:03 PM
Jan 2021
As Yamato is running to the armory and Momonosuke is creating Flame Clouds to stop Onigashima, Law and Kid are still in the midst of fighting against Big Mom.

After their failed attacks, Kid asks Law if his power has awakened. Law explains that by using it, he’s instantly worn out. Kid is in the same boat, but he explains that they have no other choice.

So, Kid uses Punk Rotten while it seems that Orochi and Kanjuro plan to use the armory to blow everything up. Raizo is still fighting against Fukurokuji and Big Mom uses a new move, Ikkaku Sovereignty.

It seems that Kid is down for the count, but NOPE. Law activates a new ability called K-Room Anesthesia. He covers his sword with his power and goes at Big Mom. The stab is harmless, but K-Room generates a shockwave from inside. Big Mom is SHOCKED (the pun was intentional) and Kid uses his awakened ability to turn Big Mom into a magnet. All the metal on the Performance Floor comes at her. It’s not over yet. Kid tells Law to release his K-Room and then he uses Punk Clash. All the steel beams holding up some of the buildings on the Performance Floor crash down on Big Mom and crush her and then we see TWO NEW TRANSITION IMAGES.

One has Kid hanging out with some metal butterflies. How fitting for him. The other is of Law hanging out with Bepo with a smile. That just emphasizes how much Law cares about his crewmates!

Big Mom gets up, which isn’t a surprise since she is an Emperor. Then she uses Soul Pocus and says “Life or red-bean soup”. Since the soup was spilled way back, she takes the lifespans of some of the Animal Kingdom Pirates nearby to reawaken Hera, Napoleon, Prometheus, and some new soldiers. She also comes one year of her own lifespan to make herself bigger and stronger than before.

Yamato uses the chaos to continue towards the armory without any obstacles in his path.

To end things off, Big Mom acknowledges Kid, Law, and The Fifth Emperor, Monkey D. Luffy, AKA Straw Hat Luffy, AKA The Next King of the Pirates. Law and Kid stand off against Big Mom, ready to continue the fight.

I’M HYPED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!
Apr 2, 2023 1:08 PM
Jan 2023
Big Mama do be beeg mommy tho
Apr 2, 2023 6:33 PM

Jun 2022
Thus, Kidd has awakened his fruit but it still is not enough to stop Big Mom. I wonder how they will be able to handle her now that she got angry. 
Apr 3, 2023 12:03 AM
Jul 2021
Kid got all fired up
Apr 3, 2023 1:17 AM

Mar 2015
Aw man as if Big Mom needed to get any stronger! They've got one hell of a problem coming!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Jan 2021
Bro Big Mom needs to go she’s annoying asf every time I see her I always think not her again anyway Law and Kid were sick idk how they’ll defeat her after using there Aces
Apr 3, 2023 4:41 AM
Mar 2023
So disappointed with the awakenings. I love how Toei just chooses when to make a good episode, this was not one. I’m praying for Luffy…
Apr 3, 2023 8:08 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I wanted to head how K-room is spelled more than anything else ion this episode.
I can't wait for Sanji's episode next week for the love of me.
Apr 3, 2023 8:51 AM
Oct 2021
EVRYTHING about it
Apr 3, 2023 10:42 AM
Jun 2020
Oh god it’s still going
Apr 3, 2023 11:53 AM
Dec 2021
it's definitely a mind blowing episode in which kid and trafalgar law pissed off big mom.
Apr 3, 2023 12:11 PM
Nov 2017
Definitely enjoy seeing the other characters showing off interesting new powers. Do want to continue watching Luffy be BA af though, so looking forward to that.
Apr 3, 2023 12:42 PM
Dec 2022
Everything looks good especially kid and law's df awakening aswell as Big Mom stating she acknowledges them together with Monkey D. Luffy but I wish at least they should have kept Big Mom's line just like from the manga cuz it would sound even better
Apr 3, 2023 5:23 PM
Dec 2015
Really good episode, so colorful! Law's Awakening had a great animation too <3
Apr 3, 2023 9:15 PM
Oct 2021
I like the way they animated the big mom panel with the flashy colors. Law and Kidd are gonna need a miracle to beat big mom
Apr 4, 2023 7:55 AM
Mar 2023
ONE PIECE have BEST background Music
Apr 5, 2023 12:30 AM
Jan 2023
cant wait for the final battle
Apr 5, 2023 6:29 AM
Apr 2023
Master classe , j'ai besoin aimé l'épisode et l'animation à évoluer et je veux vite voir la suite
Apr 5, 2023 8:24 AM
Dec 2021
اصلا باورم نمیشهههههه از خوشحالی و ذوق نزدیکه به گریه بیوفتم از اون قسمتا بود که اصلا تا کلی بعدش لبخند رو از رو لب آدم پاک نمیکنه ‌... شتتتتتتتتتتتتتتت😭😭😭😻😻😻 بیداری میوه های لاو و کید رو دیدیم و قوی تر شدن بیگ مااام😭😭😭 تازه فهمیدم چرا بیگ مام اینقد گندسسسس.... آخه همش روح خورده و انگار شاید از سالهای زندیگش کم کرده... و یا شاید به اندازه یک سال زندگیش از روح بقیه گرفتهههه😭😭😻😻😻 اوه مای گاد خیلی هیجانیییییی بوووود فوق‌العاده بود فوق‌العاده هیجانیییی یسسسسس 😭😻😻😻
Apr 5, 2023 3:50 PM
Aug 2019
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Apr 5, 2023 11:44 PM
Dec 2018
Come take my place as an Emperor 😍😍😍🔥
Apr 6, 2023 6:32 AM
Apr 2023
it was good especially now that we got to see a glimpse of law and kidds awakening
Apr 7, 2023 1:14 AM
Jun 2022
kroom, anesthesia, shock wille
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 1 hour ago

2 by wallus81 »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1105 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

59 by MegamiRem »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1104 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 11

56 by MegamiRem »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

47 by MegamiRem »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

51 by MegamiRem »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.