Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 9, 2010 7:15 PM

Jun 2008
They did it two times, and both were bad. Maybe it's time to restart the whole series again and this time stick closer to the manga? At least the last two OADs were to the manga..but it worries me that they won't do justice to it.
Dodecahedron-O24Mar 9, 2012 2:03 PM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 15, 2010 5:26 AM

Dec 2008
sbyrstall said:
They did it two times, and both were bad. Maybe it's time to restart the whole series again and this time stick closer to the manga? At least the last two OADs were to the manga..but it worries me that they won't do justice to it.
Sorry what did they do 2 times? I really don't know what you're talking about
May 15, 2010 6:00 AM

Jun 2008
The anime series.

May 15, 2010 6:55 AM

Oct 2008
This topic has being discussed too much times in other treads, and led to the conclusion that it just won't happen.
May 15, 2010 9:15 AM

Jul 2008
sbyrstall said:

Mahou sensei Negima was indeed an adaptation from the manga which failed imo.

On the other hand Negima! never was supposed to be an adaptation of the Mahou sensei negima manga but an adaptation of the manga of the same name which is a side story to the one we all like.

So they actually failed once.

And no they won't be another TV series, why? Simply because there are covering a good part of the story with the ova so in the best case you will see more ova =/.

But well a full length series animated by bones would be a dream ._.
May 22, 2010 7:38 AM
May 2010
The screwed up the original Negima anime. why they went into all that filler rather than just doing the kyoto arc i don't know.

incredibly the second anime series was much more enjoyable XD

the OAD's are good but 7 episodes and a movie are clearly never going to do the magic world arc any justice.

plus we have the entire mahora festival arc unanimated.

A new negima anime will probably never happen, it has suffered the same fate as the SDK,Getbackers, Rave, Flame of recca anime's :(

but we can always hope, after all how many years is between inuyasha and the new anime it got last year. same with FMA.

So I would never rule it out.
May 22, 2010 6:28 PM

Mar 2010
Negimoreno said:
sbyrstall said:
Sorry what did they do 2 times? I really don't know what you're talking about

Well the first series would be Mahou Sensei Negima anime as itself, which covers most redundant scenes.

The second would be Negima!? , another anime which failed.

Then they released the "live" version of Mahou Sensei Negima, which I couldn't stand watching the first 5 minutes of it.

So in another words, all anime series were complete failures, except the OVAs and OADs which are currently being released.
I don't care what people might say but TouHou is simply AWESOME
May 22, 2010 7:13 PM

Jun 2008
I haven't seen the live versions. They are that bad?? ewwwww....

The first series was more closer to the manga that the second version, which was a total fail.

May 29, 2010 4:47 AM

Mar 2010
sbyrstall said:

The first series was more closer to the manga that the second version, which was a total fail.

Character's acting : BAD

CG effects : BAD

Overall plot : BAD

CONCLUSION : IT'S A TOTAL FAILURE!!!
I don't care what people might say but TouHou is simply AWESOME
Jun 7, 2010 8:48 PM

Feb 2010
I think the general consensus is that the TV series failed and that they should just stick with the OAD's and OVA's. I would really like to see the festival arc animated though, that would be sweet.

Jan 3, 2014 6:39 PM

Jun 2008
inGen00bity said:
sbyrstall said:

Character's acting : BAD

CG effects : BAD

Overall plot : BAD

CONCLUSION : IT'S A TOTAL FAILURE!!!

Let me rephrase my last post. I never knew there was a live action.

I'll agree the OAD and OVAs were the closest to the manga, but it still didn't do the series justice. They who series, from beginning to end needs to be redone. Period. But sadly, we know what won't happen. It took a 20 year anniversary for Sailor Moon to be redone but this new series has been delayed until who knows when (I think I saw that there will be an episode this winter season).

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What are the chances of a reanimation?

ToG25thBaam - Oct 26, 2013

1 by FullmetalRaikou »»
Apr 28, 2014 3:12 PM

» Chao Lingshen

Dodecahedron-O24 - May 4, 2010

11 by Dodecahedron-O24 »»
Feb 22, 2014 8:42 AM

» Favorite pairings.

AoiMemori - Nov 26, 2008

39 by biaiskawaidesu »»
Nov 6, 2012 5:45 PM

» Your Favorite Characters

shiroux - Dec 11, 2010

15 by Tiedyemind »»
Apr 27, 2012 8:05 PM

» Review of the Ending (mega-spoiler alert)!!!

Dodecahedron-O24 - Mar 13, 2012

1 by Wolf_Tenshi »»
Mar 16, 2012 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.