Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 3 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 20, 2023 4:11 AM
Mar 2022
Someone needs to slap Cassandra at least once.
Jan 20, 2023 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
Haruhime after being literally engulfed in flames:

Jan 20, 2023 4:54 AM
May 2015
Got serious goosebumps in this ep.  Solid direction, emotion and content  10/10

The gravity-assist attack was awesome, good to see some old Takemikazuchi Familia tactics

If Cassandra doesn't heal someone within the first 10 minutes of the next episode I'm going to flip something, stupid speeches aside if she actually healed her teammates they'd probably willingly go down to the 26th floor to look for Bell.

I want to enjoy this episode but this one character just grates me, someone needs to slap her and tell her to get her shit together for more then 5 minutes.
I cannot believe people are saying this is the best anime airing while I'm here having an aneurysm trying to understand why no one in the anime is punching Cassandra in the face for being absolutely useless in fact detrimental to the team.

I was literally screaming at my screen for 10 minutes ... cast a fking spell healer.  Cass has been too distracted,  seems that will change and she'll get her mojo.  Daphne's seems pretty mean for being her only friend
Gemini_StarJan 20, 2023 5:02 AM
Jan 20, 2023 5:34 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fucking chills man, that was great. Amphisbaena truly felt like a high level raid battle in an MMORPG, cause that was intense and it felt really rewarding when they beat it, especially without Bell. The Amphisbaena group was playing FFXIV while Bell and Ryuu playing Dark Souls. Gotta love Mikoto though, she deserves some more love around here. 

Goliath Robes definitely ain't no joke and thank God for it too for protecting Haruhime. We'd be rich if we get money everytime Cassandra says despair, but it feels really nice to see that at least Daphne finally believed her. 

Based on the next episode title, I assume focus is primarily gonna go back to Bell and Ryu, really looking forward to see how they survive the lower floors.
Jan 20, 2023 8:34 AM
Sep 2016
MetalAnimeFan said:
Honestly kinda upset the show didn't have the guts to go through with killing of Haruhime and Mikoto. Reminds me of the last season when Bell loses his arm at the end of one episode, but I knew they were gonna do some "Deus-ex-Machina" stunt and restore it in the next episode. For some reason I thought this time they would go through with the "Game of Thrones/Chainsaw Man"-style plot twist. Cassandra is still an annoying Debbie Downer, but less so in this episode, at least she convinces them to go after Bell.

Haruhime at least is protected by the plot, she can't possibly die yet as her magic will be needed for the end game.
Jan 20, 2023 9:20 AM
Jul 2022
Cassandra is annoying as hell, ffs just stop crying and heal your team during the fight
Jan 20, 2023 10:45 AM
Apr 2021
Haruhime casting her spell in the fire caught me off guard. :|
Couldn't even dare to pause or rewind that scene damn...
Jan 20, 2023 11:24 AM
May 2021
ngl i loved the episode because it contributed a lot to the story telling and character development but there’s js one part i rlly hate or dislike which is freaking cassandra… she is so useless other than trying to understand her prophecies during a battle and having people to guard her even though she herself is a healer. clearly she isn’t doing her job, be it due to ‘mana’ reasons or her being overwhelmed by everything, she isn’t of much use. and i’d assume that in a place as dangerous and unforgiving as the dungeon the adventurers won’t be so kind or smile through a battle while someone is being useless. i would love to see a scene where cassandra is heckled and thrown out of the party cos she sucks. get a better healer and someone who doesn’t shit themselves when there’s a enemy
Jan 20, 2023 11:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The chamber to which Bell and Ryu made it too sure gets more ghastly every time we see it. The stealth sheep sure make for creepy stalkers. No matter how skilled of an adventurer you are they are still mortal and would require rest. The flashbacks though sure were nice and provided some nice expansion on the members of Astrea familia. The battle against the boss sure is proving to be a tough one but the team's tenacity really is damm impressive. Their counterattack aided by Mikoto, Ouka and Haruhime's determination was dazzling. Hell Haruhime looked majestic as she appeared from the flames. Mikoto and Haruhime's seiyuu's really shined in their respective displays. Using the decision point as a way to add depth to Cassandra's character was an interesting move. Overall an excellent ep that did well to showcase the kind of strength that the team has managed to gain thus far. The floor boss and the terrain of its room really served to make that fight a dicey one but damm congrats on their huge win.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2023 1:22 PM

May 2018
good bye ugly cgi, it was nice knowing you. Time to rescue the half-dead Bell and Ryuu
Jan 20, 2023 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
Anyone knows the name of the ost that plays on the final part of the boss battle ?
Jan 20, 2023 4:46 PM

Feb 2018
Amazing episode, I'm really liking all the episodes so far. The fight was really cool.

Mikoto was really vibin' under de wotah huh. Ig plot armor saved both her and Haruhime lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 20, 2023 6:32 PM

Oct 2020
I can't be the only one that hates Cassandra, right?
Jan 20, 2023 9:18 PM

Jul 2016
Ryuu seriously should have used that last healing spell on herself. Broken leg and all yet she still managed to kill two of those sheep monsters with relative ease.

Solid episode overall. My girl Mikoto didn't die (of course) and the group finally managed to accomplish something on their own. Good for them.

And as for Cassandra, I hope she fucking stops with the "zetsubou" speech now that someone has finally paid attention to her. Honestly, I can't believe just how insufferable she has become this season.
Jan 20, 2023 11:15 PM
May 2013
The voice acting in this episode and season as a whole as been 13/10, KOKUU!
Jan 21, 2023 6:34 AM

Nov 2013
(oh gosh i don't wanna watch this, too scary lols)

Ryu talking with a red haired girl, i wonder if it's one of the old guild, or if she is still alive

unlucky that monsters appeared, funny enough, as much as ryu was hurt, she easily did more than Bell did last episode
Bell woke up just in time to save her tho, surprised he knew the exact time he slept

yeah, as expected, the red haired girl was from her past guild, the ones who already died, sad

fuck, i already got annoyed watching this Cassandra scene last episode, did you have to show it again?
Aisha and the other guy are mad and rushing to the monster, can they defeat it now? ofc not, as usual, attacking with rage is not a good plan
that big guy would be dead by that underwater attack if the monster was better lol

Mikoto chanting a spell underwater, interesting ... but it might just be what they needed to stop the monster
the big guy used that timing to cut one of the heads, nice job

HARUHIME IS BACK yay
with her boost, Aisha easily finished the monster , finally :D

ofc, as soon as Cassandra tals, stuff happens lol
ew the dogs are back, those guys are annoying, but at least i guess they gave everyone else a way to run

but... Cassandra finally managed to convince Daphne, for once in her life (that standing while the rock fell was cool), and they went to the 26th floor, barely making it with all the stuff falling on them, if they climbed up like they originally planned, they would be dead
Cassandra saved their lives (for now) with her profecy, and Daphne has to admit she was right lol
well, with all the team going to find Bell, maybe i can believe that Bell can survive (without it feeling too dumb), but it will still be hard, first for them all to survive the monsters and 2nd, to find each other in that gigantic dungeon (they don't even know what floor Bell is... unless Cassandra knows lol)

watching the ed song, i wonder, is Ryu in any familia right now? (i mean she was part of the guild so... not sure),
is there any chances she will join Hestia familia?
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 21, 2023 10:23 AM

Aug 2011
Piromysl said:
Haruhime after being literally engulfed in flames:

LMAO, my thought exactly.
It was so descriptive that I couldn't avoid a laugh!

» Escapism.

Jan 21, 2023 3:27 PM
Nov 2010
I mean, I can somewhat understand Cassandra. If her experience taught her that some of her dreams literally come true, she knows that they will face unimaginable despair eventually and I can see how that can mess you up mentally, but man she just isn't cut out to be an adventurer then. Everyone is completely beaten up after the fight and their healer doesn't heal them LOL. Aisha doesn't even bother asking that useless girl and just uses a healing potion after the fight, quite a waste. She did save them by sending them down to Bell (hope Turk and his squad of goons didn't survive that fall) but she really has to get her shit together now. I also can't recall her ever using the bow she carries around. She really tries to be of as little use as she possibly can be.
Jan 21, 2023 6:16 PM

Nov 2012
Nice ending to the 2 headed floor boss battle. The Skull Headed Goats or w/e they're called really are creepy. Creepy monsters are always fast.
Jan 22, 2023 4:02 AM

Nov 2012
Whao, Cassandra is one of the most annoying useless mfs I've ever seen, tf u looking at Haruhime and Aisha like u did something when the fight was over? "zetsubou seo" was the only thing she did and giving up, almost killing their comrades, damn

My Candies:

Jan 22, 2023 12:18 PM
Nov 2022
very good, music + animation
Jan 23, 2023 5:26 AM
Oct 2021
The goosebumps this episode gave me in that Floor Boss fight, DAMN!
Jan 23, 2023 4:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The way they defeated the two headed dragon was epic, and good thing they also listened to Cassandra, they would be dead otherwise, good episode.
Jan 24, 2023 4:12 AM
Oct 2019
Finally a W!!

Epic Music and Animation!!
Jan 24, 2023 4:42 AM

Jul 2020
well at least they are out of danger for now the last episode had me worried
scout_joeJan 24, 2023 4:45 AM
Jan 25, 2023 5:43 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode, what a climax of the fight! They managed to defeat a floor boss without Bell, and that's an improvement.
As far as the most boring character is definitely Cassandra, she was using 20% of her powers and that's the best she gave, her friend should have given her another slap lmao

Can't wait for the next episodes, this arc is epic!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 26, 2023 2:34 AM
Oct 2019
For the first part of this season, many people complaint about talking, freezing in the actions scenes, i guess the production company has taken those into the account.

Although I like to read the inner thought processeses, flashbacks in light novel, this approach preserves the pace.

We are looking to huge rise in production spending which turned out to be glorious. I liked the design of the CGI monster and whole fight on the boulders of ice.

I guess they save the flash backs for emotionally invested moments.
Jan 26, 2023 2:37 AM
Oct 2019
AivanK said:
What an episode, what a climax of the fight! They managed to defeat a floor boss without Bell, and that's an improvement.
As far as the most boring character is definitely Cassandra, she was using 20% of her powers and that's the best she gave, her friend should have given her another slap lmao

Can't wait for the next episodes, this arc is epic!

I and my wife got very happy when she got a knock on her had. But definitely she needed more.
Jan 27, 2023 11:18 AM

Nov 2014
I was afraid they will drop whole backstory in middle of this action and clifhangers. Luckily it was just a few scenes. Hopefully they will stick to such format or just tell the rest after main action is finished.
Feb 10, 2023 8:50 PM

Feb 2019
i knew haruhime's not dead yet, and she made a spectacular comeback too lol
Feb 11, 2023 3:11 PM
Jul 2022
daphne should really stop jinxing everyone :/ great mikoto and axe guy combo tho
Feb 19, 2023 8:33 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I think this studios is doing their best job yet at adapting something, IMO the quality of Vol.14 deserved only the very best, which this adaption is NOT, but what we get is already a good attempt that I can respect, they are making sound usage of the OST, delivering raw emotion on way more than just action scenes.

This episode really shows how much they have grown too, it was nice to see Daphne making her stand like that, and she did save them.
The boss fight felt a bit short, dunno if they skipped anything big from the LN, been awhile, but was still mostly well done considering this is not Ufotable and this fight was a big challenge for them to surpass with LN Vol.14 adaptation.

Now concerning the deep levels, obviously I was expecting to see a dowgrande of how badly injured Bell and Ryuu are (they description there is way more grimm than the anime portrays), what I dont like is that Ryuu shoulld NOT be moving like that, she could barely stand on two legs, yet what she does her, seems almost like she is just fine.
They did this because it would be harder to adapt otherwise, to get the ideal feel for how fucked up their situation is, you really have to read the source.

Bitching aside, I m very happy we managed to get this far in Danmachi source material, and have a fine product out of it, considering this is JCStaff, kings of butchery, I will say they are on their redemption run, with what they did on Danmachi S3 and now this.

Really sucessful adaptation thus far considering how hard to adapt this volume is, and I have seen parts of what is ahead and seem to keep it up, high praise for this studios.

Farabeuf said:
It's been well done. No complaints. Maybe the role of the Goliath Robe in Haruhime's survival should have been played up a bit. Mikoto looking as awesome as described in the LN.

I cannot wait for the Astraea Familia scenes after these small teasers. I expect they will be plenty extensive.

Mikoto's attacks this and past episode really have "gravitas" being them, it was flashy enough and paired with really great sound to really convey the impact of the spell and the will behind the caster, I felt it more here than in the LN tbh, the music and effects really did help.
PlaycoolFeb 19, 2023 8:38 AM
Feb 24, 2023 2:58 PM
Jul 2014
Can Cassandra die already
Mar 18, 2023 10:57 PM
Feb 2021
omg haruhime is not dead, thanks author to make her body as strong as that goliath robe or something, idk about LN, but in this episode, I can clearly see that blue napalm hit her, and she is not covering her head, or hand, or legs, and that is one hit KO attack. Also, ouka shield is melt as soon as blue napalm touches it, and I am sure that haruhime is not harder than the shield
Mar 22, 2023 6:44 AM

Aug 2019
oh my god they finally listened to cassandra.
and of course neither haruhime nor mikoto actually died it would have made too much sense otherwise
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2023 4:07 PM
Mar 2023
belleza, la mas belleza posible aunque la novela es mas belleza
Apr 1, 2023 8:08 AM

Nov 2010
Ryu is so much hotter with long hair.
Alise is a red-haired hottie! Aw, it sucks to know she's dead already. I thought she's gonna be one of their saviors. I guess that black-haired hottie from the OP is also from that doomed familia. It makes me sad to know that all the hotties in that familia died.
Apr 2, 2023 12:21 AM
Sep 2020
What a pleasure it was to watch when he chopped off his head with an axe!
Jul 3, 2023 10:51 AM

Sep 2017
Sometimes I get confused about which stories and familias have been in previous seasons, and which I know from the Memoria Freese game. I'm pretty sure the Astrea girls haven't featured before in the anime though, so I hope we get some decent amount of time dedicated to them - which seems likely as they're in the intro. It made sense to only have short flashback scenes in this one, far to much of a current action episode for extensive back stories 

Thus far every episode has been a banger 
Oct 16, 2023 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
Gotta say the fights in this season are really well done, even the CGI dragon looked impressive in some scenes. J.C.Staff stepping up their game.
Feb 9, 9:29 PM

Nov 2009

Ryuu's backstory huh... well.. this is going to be REAL SAD... since we already know they ALL DIED... so showing her backstory of her nice days just makes sure that Ryuu won't get those nice days back ever again.

Meanwhile again... Cassendra's doomsday thinking got Haruhime burned.

And Mikoto isn't dead, and she was able to cast a spell to kill the fishes and slow down the Floor Boss.

And... Haruhime isn't dead... huh? so she's immune to fire?

Well, they beat the Floor Boss... guess Hastia Familia's plot armor is so strong, that no one died (unlike other Familia's we saw before that at least have 1 death)

But now they have to run away from the Floor breaking apart cause the Floor Boss died.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2023

205 by chahid »»
May 2, 12:09 PM

» Am I the only one thinking that about these OST ?

NekoToChiru - Mar 3

19 by therealnagora »»
Mar 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2023

58 by Thisismobarok »»
Feb 22, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2023

123 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Fuka Shou - Yakusai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

180 by amlg »»
Feb 10, 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.