Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 16, 2022 9:52 AM
Jan 2017
I really don't like Bakugo. Even after the latest arc he's definitely developed a little. But it still doesnt really help. Ill exclude the latest couple of arcs. But everything all the way until All Might vs AFO. He was a pretty wack character to me.

He's had some cool moments here and there. But I genuinely find him annoying. Especially in the first couple of arcs. He's just a whiner whos always talking shit. And is pretty much a jerk to everyone. I get that he has this "rivalry" with Deku. But it comes off more childish than an actual rivalry. I get that it's supposed to be his "character traits" but it still doesn't explain his massive popularity.

Not here to start any bs or troll. I'm just very curious as to what people find so interesting about Bakugo. Especially considering he's got 20,000 plus favorites.
Dec 16, 2022 11:03 AM

Jun 2021
He's a cunt and some women find that hot. Also yaoi douiinshi, he has a buckload of them.

The only good thing about him is the fact that Nobuhiko-san voices him.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Dec 16, 2022 11:07 AM

Apr 2016
Because this manga is read and bought mainly by women.
Dec 16, 2022 11:17 AM

Aug 2018
because he's hot and cute
Dec 18, 2022 11:31 AM

Dec 2020
i didnt like him at first but i grew to like him bc i thought his personality was funny as well as the development hes received over the years
Dec 18, 2022 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
jerk appeal or bad boys appeal i guess

but for me i just like his explosion quirk such a badass power to have
Dec 18, 2022 12:47 PM

Dec 2019
Women find the jerk / cunt / asshole / badboy appeal to be hot for some reason, I mean just look at all the yaoi doujins lmao. That's literally it. I can assure you that most of the favorites come from girls.
Dec 18, 2022 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Bakugo is pretty annoying but people like what they like. MHA isn't my thing anyway, so I don't know if he's undergone any meaningful development.
Jan 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Nov 2015
Because he is sexy and hot.
Fujoshis love him.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 20, 2023 2:49 PM
Nov 2016
Late to the party but Bakugo is annoying as hell, he has some character development, sure, but I still find him annoying and to me, he's one of the worst characters in the manga/anime, he's not the worst one though, there are worse characters like Mineta, Laser boy, Animal boy, etc... just to name a few but Bakugo is still bottom-tier garbage IMHO.
Jan 20, 2023 6:08 PM

Aug 2017
Cuz guys with badboy appeal is hot. I also found serious characters like Shoto Todoroki quite hot.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 20, 2023 6:53 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Okay as someone who actually likes Bakugou in the thread since, I honestly feel like people ride the hate train for Bakugou so easily. When to me he's definetly more then a little relatable (albeit in a cartoony kind of way); granted that's not the reason I appealed to him but his growth feels so much more natural then most rival characters in any shounen I can think of. It's not celebrated enough that it took a lot of good character handling from Bakugou to go from a punk ass bully who was self centered with toxic masculinity and social power ego to saving his childhood friend who he thought so little of because he was raised by the people around him that he WAS better then everyone else. The rival going from thinking about himself to geniunely caring over his friends, classmates, and teachers (its definetly not all the most straight forward approach but with the two year span of his arc it's natural to his self image) who he's trying to attone for by his own merrit, not because someone told him to be sorry or that it was the correct thing to do, he choose to do that on his own. And this may be because most people who casually like this series most likely only read the manga only one time but as someone whose read it 3, including the raws. But there is a lot of background detail of Bakugou changing slowly especially when the attention isn't on him in the chapter. Hate to say it honestly might take someone who actually wants to get those character nuances out of the series but they are present. 

And I actually approve that Horikoshi has had Bakugou stay true to his character personality of him being the best, loud, and cocky to an extent without having his character just 100% change 180. It could've been a very easy way to ruin his entire appeal.

Honestly y'all can hate him but I feel like the hardcore fans understand the vision Horikoshi has been talking about since volume 1.
StripesJan 20, 2023 6:58 PM
Jan 21, 2023 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
Because women tend to like aggressive men that show a cute side underneath. That's literally it. It's not because he's a good character because he's pretty annoying. Also Fujoshis. MHA is very popular amongst western teenagers with a huge female audience compared to most other franchises.
Jan 21, 2023 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
I don't like his attitude as a jerk or bully either. But I think his quirk is pretty cool and I also admire his fearlessness in fights.
Jan 21, 2023 5:08 AM

Jul 2021
Women generally have bad taste in men especially teens
Jan 22, 2023 8:00 AM

Dec 2010
Because he got a little thing called character development.
Jan 22, 2023 4:06 PM

Apr 2020
He's the badass, hard nut rival of the Mc.
It's a classic Shonen-Trope.

He's basically Sasuke 2.0. But a bit louder.
Jan 22, 2023 5:31 PM

Apr 2019
i like the mc edgy rivals lol. jerks are hot

thats it, its bnha anyway, no need to think much about these things
Jan 22, 2023 6:08 PM

Dec 2016
Because everyone loves adorable assholes.
Mar 9, 6:28 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Reply to TheAngryNerd
Women find the jerk / cunt / asshole / badboy appeal to be hot for some reason, I mean just look at all the yaoi doujins lmao. That's literally it. I can assure you that most of the favorites come from girls.
TheAngryNerd said:
Women find the jerk / cunt / asshole / badboy appeal to be hot for some reason

This explains why I got no rizz in real life. I'm always too nice to women.
Mar 9, 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
There are a lot of girls and women in real life that are attracted to the dangerous, aggressive, loud, fuming bad boy / jerk types, and Bakugo is exactly that type of guy. They think “I can tame him, and I can change him!” Other reasons that fangirls like him is because guys with those personality traits tend to make them feel secure and protected in public or something like that.
Mar 9, 1:52 PM
May 2017
Hes the Vegeta kinda character
I agree with everything you said
As bakugo evolved into his Vegeta archetype
So has that fanbase
I don't understand either neither I have to
I just came from MHA announcement
DS had 499K views on 6hrs ago vid
BNHA had 89k videos on 12 hrs ago vid
Mar 9, 1:53 PM
May 2017
Reply to kusairo
There are a lot of girls and women in real life that are attracted to the dangerous, aggressive, loud, fuming bad boy / jerk types, and Bakugo is exactly that type of guy. They think “I can tame him, and I can change him!” Other reasons that fangirls like him is because guys with those personality traits tend to make them feel secure and protected in public or something like that.
@kusairo I hear you and almost agree too
Mar 9, 1:53 PM
May 2017
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
TheAngryNerd said:
Women find the jerk / cunt / asshole / badboy appeal to be hot for some reason

This explains why I got no rizz in real life. I'm always too nice to women.
@BigBoyAdvance you and me both brother
Mar 9, 3:30 PM

Mar 2013
He is infinitely more interesting and relatable than Deku, in my opinion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

14 by Abyhape »»
Today, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.